As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I Got 99 Problems But A [CHAT] Ain't One

• Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    And wow, this banana I'm eating tastes like it has some kind of Christmas spice in it...like nutmeg/cinnamon or something. Weird! It's organic, I wonder if that has anything to do with it...or maybe there was something in the soil. Surprisingly good, though!

NightDragon on
  • Options
    Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    edited September 2008
    Sounds like an old favorite: Banana with Raw Chicken Juice!

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Shit. I knew this was too good to be true.

NightDragon on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Salmonella really is underrated for its flavor properties, you know.

My culinary palette has gotten a lot broader after I started using my Lysol IV drip.

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    PROXPROX Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    The tingling sensation on your tongue is actually the feeling of millions of flesh eating bacteria slowly destroying your muscle tissue.

PROX on
  • Options
    desperaterobotsdesperaterobots perth, ausRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I am so paranoid when it comes to Salmonella. I tend to overcook chicken for this exact reason.

desperaterobots on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I probably worry about sour milk more than I do about Salmonella, haha.

Cripes. Fuck sour milk. Fuck that shit.

NightDragon on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Go to ND'S HOUSE

Use LIMES on MILK CARTON

<cutscene>

You gain BUCKET OF ND BLEGH!

...sorry, I'm playing adventure games and my mind is actively being warped.

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    lyriumlyrium Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Flay wrote: »
    Goddamnit! I'm trying to remember a particular word, but it just won't come to me. It's a term for using a more subtle expression for something rather than saying it blatantly (e.g. saying someone passed away instead of saying they died).

I don't know why but this is killing me! Can anyone think of what it might be? I have a feeling it might start with an 'h'.

euphemism?

lyrium on
  • Options
    FlayFlay Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    lyrium wrote: »
    Flay wrote: »
    Goddamnit! I'm trying to remember a particular word, but it just won't come to me. It's a term for using a more subtle expression for something rather than saying it blatantly (e.g. saying someone passed away instead of saying they died).

I don't know why but this is killing me! Can anyone think of what it might be? I have a feeling it might start with an 'h'.

euphemism?

OH THANK GOD IT'S OVER!

Seriously, that shit has been bugging me all day.

Flay on
  • Options
    beavotronbeavotron Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I probably worry about sour milk more than I do about Salmonella, haha.

Cripes. Fuck sour milk. Fuck that shit.
    ugh
    ugh ugh ugh
    soiled milk is the worst in the world

first off, i'm lactose intolerant, so milk in general that's not fake soy milk disgusts me
    i have an incredibly strong stomach for most things
    I grew up as the oldest in our household with 3 kids who shit, pissed or barfed like constantly

really the only thing that REALLY sets off my gag reflex is sour milk
    ugh
    uuuuuughhh just thinking about it makes me queasy

beavotron on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I have a thing where i cannot drink milk from a glass if there's any moisture present in the glass, like, say, after it's been washed or rinsed.

desperaterobots on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I call that "compromised milk".

When I'm pouring milk sometimes I don't even realize it's sour until i take sip. Pretty bad situation.

PROX on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    PROX wrote: »
    I call that "compromised milk".

When I'm pouring milk sometimes I don't even realize it's sour until i take sip. Pretty bad situation.

uuugggggrapphhbllleeeegrossssssss

you guys just found my kryptonite

beavotron on
  • Options
    srsizzysrsizzy Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I don't think I've ever even smelled, let alone tasted sour milk. We drank our milk fast enough for this not to happen.
    beavotron wrote: »
    I grew up as the oldest in our household with 3 kids who shit, pissed or barfed like constantly
    Do you mean all the time everywhere? I would be afraid if they didn't very often...

Wow, dumb TotP post. Uhh...think fast...uhh...So how 'bout them Yankees, eh?
    Shit, I don't know anything about baseball.
    Or the Mets? Same game... Red Socks? Oh god...

Baseball is the stupidest sport invented: discuss.

srsizzy on
    BRO LET ME GET REAL WITH YOU AND SAY THAT MY FINGERS ARE PREPPED AND HOT LIKE THE SURFACE OF THE SUN TO BRING RADICAL BEATS SO SMOOTH THE SHIT WILL BE MEDICINAL-GRADE TRIPNASTY MAKING ALL BRAINWAVES ROLL ON THE SURFACE OF A BALLS-FEISTY NEURAL RAINBOW CRACKA-LACKIN' YOUR PERCEPTION OF THE HERE-NOW SPACE-TIME SITUATION THAT ALL OF LIFE BE JAMMED UP IN THROUGH THE UNIVERSAL FLOW BEATS
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    you know something kinda weird?
    illustrator crashed on me a few months ago right in the middle of something that i didn't save
    so i swore i was going to switch to photoshop
    and ever since then, i've just been using the "vexel" stuff in photoshop, the faux pen tool
    i've used it for everything i've done from that little ginger girl onward, i actually haven't touched illustrator for any of the stuff i've done that i'm most happy with

i... i think i might be divorcing illustrator
    why is a part of me kinda nostalgic and sad over a fucking piece of software?
    probably because when i started using illustrator coincides with when my art actually started feeling professional and satisfying to me, not just a constant disappointment, but man... i get so attached to art supplies too

like here's a fun fact, i've been using the same pencil to draw with for five years, i just replace the leads, and i hate drawing with anything else. it kills me, i feel crippled
    i lost the pencil once and actually shed a tear then i found it and was happy again.

am i insane?

beavotron on
  • Options
    Big Luke NastyBig Luke Nasty Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I saw V for Vendetta last night. I thought it was spectacular.

Big Luke Nasty on
    rawr
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    srsizzy wrote: »
    Do you mean all the time everywhere? I would be afraid if they didn't very often...

no but you know, diapers... and kids are virus magnets
    so anytime a flu passed through the city, it was like that episode of family guy where they drink the ipecac.

beavotron on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    am i insane?
    Yes, but that's besides the point.

I keep all sorts of useless shit. Which means I keep everything that ever reminded me of something else, and it upsets me to get rid of it. I have a box full of old pencils and pens, most of them mean nothing to me. I have all my old toys, beanie babies, high school and middle school papers, binders, issues of EGM and Xbox Magazine, art supplies I don't use, clothing, shoes, etc, etc...In fact, before I moved to college I spent a whole day filing all my stray papers, drawings, report cards, notes, and anything made of paper into a filing box.

Anyways, that's not quite the same. I think I'd do the pencil thing, but I always lose it too soon to keep it for so long.

srsizzy on
    BRO LET ME GET REAL WITH YOU AND SAY THAT MY FINGERS ARE PREPPED AND HOT LIKE THE SURFACE OF THE SUN TO BRING RADICAL BEATS SO SMOOTH THE SHIT WILL BE MEDICINAL-GRADE TRIPNASTY MAKING ALL BRAINWAVES ROLL ON THE SURFACE OF A BALLS-FEISTY NEURAL RAINBOW CRACKA-LACKIN' YOUR PERCEPTION OF THE HERE-NOW SPACE-TIME SITUATION THAT ALL OF LIFE BE JAMMED UP IN THROUGH THE UNIVERSAL FLOW BEATS
  • Options
    Big Luke NastyBig Luke Nasty Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Also, once I used close to a half gallon of milk and a buttload of chocolate milk powder to make the biggest cup of chocolate milk in the world. The milk was so freaking sour. I was sick for days. I drank the entire thing anyway.

Big Luke Nasty on
    rawr
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    srsizzy wrote: »
    am i insane?
    Yes, but that's besides the point.

I keep all sorts of useless shit. Which means I keep everything that ever reminded me of something else, and it upsets me to get rid of it. I have a box full of old pencils and pens, most of them mean nothing to me. I have all my old toys, beanie babies, high school and middle school papers, binders, issues of EGM and Xbox Magazine, art supplies I don't use, clothing, shoes, etc, etc...

Anyways, that's not quite the same. I think I'd do the pencil thing, but I always lose it too soon to keep it for so long.

oh man i am the opposite of a pack rat
    everything I own besides my car, bed, desk and computer can fit into 4 medium sized boxes

when my friends helped me moved they were amazed, it took 2 trips in a regular pickup truck, and it only took 2 because i have a queen sized bed.

i think it's because my parents got divorced when i was in the 2nd grade, and i spent the rest of my grade school career going back and forth between their houses on a weekly basis. so it was week with my mom in the city, then a week with my dad about 80 minutes out of the city (waking up at 5 to drive in to school...i still don't know how we managed, but they both love the crap out of us so it's not like we could pick sides)
    I really quickly got into the habit of "if it can't fit into my suitcase, it's not worth keeping" and would constantly give stuff away, or throw it out.

which kind of makes me sad because at one point i was keeping most of my old sketchbooks, now i only have a handful of them, they got thrown out somewhere during one of my many purges.

beavotron on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    which kind of makes me sad because at one point i was keeping most of my old sketchbooks, now i only have a handful of them, they got thrown out somewhere during one of my many purges.
    Oh shit, that would kill me. I hate to even delete old files on the computer. I've gotten to the point where a computer crashing doesn't cause me complete misery, but it sucks when you had reedited a part of your novel or just finished a piece of art or something. And when you recently backed up, and then it crashes a month or two later, you kind of forget the things you lost and then every once in a while you're like "Where's that? Oh...right."

There's definitely internet chat logs from when I was 13 that I wish I still had.
    ...:winky:

Wait, what?

srsizzy on
  • Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2008
    gahhh my ps3 isn't connecting to my internet, despite some very reasonable pleading on my part

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Yyaaaaaaaayy! I went to a quiz night by the Film & TV Institute! We came 12th!

However, there was a round where a guy played a song while singing the lyrics from another song, both of which were in some way film related. We were the only team to get every song (20), and we won a bunch of free wine for it! WoOoOoOoooOoo!

desperaterobots on
  • Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    it only took 2 because i have a queen sized bed.

a drama queen sized bed.

I'm sorry beavo, the fruit was hanging too low.

Tam on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I have a queen sized bed. A .. drag queen sized bed?

desperaterobots on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I have an XL twin size bed...for my extra long twin.

:winky:
    Man...what?

srsizzy on
  • Options
    ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I get horrible errors everytime I try to update WotLK beta... this is making me sad.

Prospicience on
  • Options
    MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I have a race car bed!

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    like here's a fun fact, i've been using the same pencil to draw with for five years, i just replace the leads, and i hate drawing with anything else. it kills me, i feel crippled
    i lost the pencil once and actually shed a tear then i found it and was happy again.

am i insane?

Hahaha, oh geez, I've got the same deal. Remember when we were up in Toronto, and Mr. Capps and I realized we had the same type of pencil?

I've had that same pencil for years. I actually bought a set of two more a few years ago, because I would lose that old one every now and then...

...and I just spent like $10 on TWO MORE on Amazon (of all places, I luvs them), because I realized "holy crap, I could have B and H leads, too!!!"...so now I'm going to have two pencils that are used solely for "non-HB" leads.

I've been to like, 5 stores down here and none of them had that kind of pencil, so I decided "fuck it, I'll be using these for years, that $10 is so worth it for two amazing pencils".

I understand!

NightDragon on
  • Options
    BuckwolfeBuckwolfe Starts With Them, Ends With Us Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I have a few mechanical pencils. I recently lost my .3 that was designated for HB lead, but I still have my main one which I use for H lead. Then I have my .7 which I switch between B, and HB lead. I'd like to have one designated for H, HB, and B, but they're so expensive. I sometimes get confused as to which type of lead is loaded inside, so it's easier if I have one for each type. I also have a .7 lying around that I kept loaded with blue line lead, but I seldom use blue line these days.

Buckwolfe on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I have this one lead pencil i like using that I found in my dad's office. Probably came from office depot. I lose it every now and again, but always manage to find it. I havent been touching traditional media at all lately. I feel more attached to my wacom then anything else.

As for illustrator, I'm also getting sick of using it due to the instability of CS3. I might try what beavotron is doing, since she is getting good results.

Beavo what is your Wotlk character and server? PM me if you don't want anyone to know!

PROX on
  • Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2008
    I just keep buying sets of Staedtler pencils. They rule.

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I have this one lead pencil i like using that I found in my dad's office. Probably came from office depot. I lose it every now and again, but always manage to find it. I havent been touching traditional media at all lately. I feel more attached to my wacom then anything else.

As for illustrator, I'm also getting sick of using it due to the instability of CS3. I might try what beavotron is doing, since she is getting good results.

Beavo what is your Wotlk character and server? PM me if you don't want anyone to know!

it's beavotron on northrend

you can all know that i don't care! add me to your friend's list!
    but i haven't been playing much
    too much arting
    which is good news, i like when i'm too busy being productive to waste time in games.

beavotron on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

it's beavotron on northrend

you can all know that i don't care! add me to your friend's list!
    but i haven't been playing much
    too much arting
    which is good news, i like when i'm too busy being productive to waste time in games.

I am also not playing much due to artwork creation...i should post some of that stuff some time. but its good to have friends on northrend

PROX on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Buckwolfe wrote: »
    I have a few mechanical pencils. I recently lost my .3 that was designated for HB lead, but I still have my main one which I use for H lead. Then I have my .7 which I switch between B, and HB lead. I'd like to have one designated for H, HB, and B, but they're so expensive. I sometimes get confused as to which type of lead is loaded inside, so it's easier if I have one for each type. I also have a .7 lying around that I kept loaded with blue line lead, but I seldom use blue line these days.

Yeah, my HB leads are in two gray-barrel'd pencils and one old blue one..., and my 2H and 2B leads are going to be in new, bright-blue barrels. I'm probably going to mark them with a Sharpie somehow so I can tell what's what.

I use .5 lead for everything. I feel .7 is too thick...and I've never used .3, but knowing me, I'd probably snap it pretty easily. :P

NightDragon on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    .3 does break very easily, but I've spent the past four years training my hand to press down softly. I used to have a tremendously heavy hand, to the point that there would be deep markings in the paper after erasing. Now I draw so lightly that it barely fucking scans, which is irritating. Its hard for me to find a happy medium.

I also purchased the Sakura wireless electric eraser a few months ago, and I've never been more content with an eraser. I make massive mistakes constantly, so I'm always erasing to the point of damaging the paper. But I'll be damned if this little bugger doesn't erase the shit out of any mistakes I make without hurting the papers surface. I don't regret buying it in the least.

Buckwolfe on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Buckwolfe wrote: »

Yeah, my HB leads are in two gray-barrel'd pencils and one old blue one..., and my 2H and 2B leads are going to be in new, bright-blue barrels. I'm probably going to mark them with a Sharpie somehow so I can tell what's what.

I use .5 lead for everything. I feel .7 is too thick...and I've never used .3, but knowing me, I'd probably snap it pretty easily. :P

I am very fond of 2B leads, since HB feels so harsh to me.

Of course that means all my stuff gets smudged easily. guh.

.5 for me as well...only tried .7. It was okay. Might as well sharpen a pencil though right?

PROX on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    The major reason why I prefer .3 is my obsession with teeny, tiny details, and intricate patterns. .3 lead allows me to really get in there and go to town.

Buckwolfe on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    HB is perfect for me. I can make a very light mark if I want to, but I figure having a 2H will be nice, as I won't have to try so hard to get that light touch.

And yeah, I also have a heavy hand (especially when trying to get the darkest dark I can out of the HB lead). I'm going to try to train myself to use the 2B instead, so I'm not making those really deep marks on the paper (that you can even feel on the backside of the sheet).

Man, mechanical pencils are so superior to all those old-school pencils.

Except Mirado Black Warrior pencils. Those were the pencils I drew with before I switched over to mechanical....and they're beautiful.

NightDragon on
This discussion has been closed.