As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

I Got 99 Problems But A [CHAT] Ain't One

1252627282931»

• PROXPROX Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I snap .5s because I like to sharpen the edges down on them. As for electric erasers i got this really crappy brand with a bee on it.

edit: its a helix.

PROX on
  • BuckwolfeBuckwolfe Starts With Them, Ends With Us Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I highly recommend Sakura's electric eraser. It works fucking wonders. I've never even heard of Helix before.

Buckwolfe on
    edited September 2008
    It's erasing power is not so hot.

PROX on
  • ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Buckwolfe wrote: »
    The major reason why I prefer .3 is my obsession with teeny, tiny details, and intricate patterns. .3 lead allows me to really get in there and go to town.

Wooo! I'm totally with you man, .3 is where it's at. Also, this is the pencil I use: 147435559_tp.jpg
    It's amazing, and I love it.

Prospicience on
    edited September 2008
    I tend to use Koh-I-Noor and Sanford.

Off topic: Does anyone know of a good program for ripping music off of an iPod, and onto a computer? I lost all of my Michael Sheehy music on my laptop a while ago, and now all that remains is whats on my iPod. I wants it back.

Buckwolfe on
  • ProjeckProjeck Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    i recently had to part with my favorite eraser

i was so sad!

Projeck on
  • OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2008
    I love 2B, it's my default go-to pencil, since you can get a nice variety of tones. HB is for outlining and construction lines.

Orikaeshigitae on
    edited September 2008
    H will always be my preferred choice.

Oh, man. I'm so hoping that I get to be the one to make the new chat thread. In all of the four years that I've been here, I've never once done it.

Buckwolfe on
  • Big Luke NastyBig Luke Nasty Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I would feel bad if I got the honor, because I post next to no art, and sparingly in any threads other than this. I should really draw more often, so I won't feel bad about coming to an artist forum and not being an artist.

Big Luke Nasty on
    rawr
  • NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I need to go to some homeworks, so I'll leave this puzzle game up to you (I need to stop playing!)

http://www.kongregate.com/games/ahnt/loops-of-zen

NightDragon on
  • Big Luke NastyBig Luke Nasty Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Holy crap!

That room is so nasty.

Big Luke Nasty on
    rawr
  • ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Off topic: Does anyone know of a good program for ripping music off of an iPod, and onto a computer? I lost all of my Michael Sheehy music on my laptop a while ago, and now all that remains is whats on my iPod. I wants it back.

senuti works great (itunes backwards). I had a bunch of music on my ipod that I lost on my computer back last year and used it to get it all back.

Prospicience on
  • Stupid Mr Whoopsie NameStupid Mr Whoopsie Name Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2008
    I need to go to some homeworks, so I'll leave this puzzle game up to you (I need to stop playing!)

Damn you!

Stupid Mr Whoopsie Name on
    edited September 2008

senuti works great (itunes backwards). I had a bunch of music on my ipod that I lost on my computer back last year and used it to get it all back.

Thank you, sir.

Buckwolfe on
  • DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
    edited September 2008
    Holy crap!

That room is so nasty.

Good God.

DMAC on
  • Forbe!Forbe! Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I just spent all my tips from the weekend on beer and food :{

Fuck grocery shopping.

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
    edited September 2008
    DMAC wrote: »
    Holy crap!

That room is so nasty.

Good God.

Pretty impressive, right? I wish my apartment was that tidy.

In other news (and I'll spoiler it in case its too long. I just want some opinions)...
    I'm thinking of taking a break from drawing monstrous thing for a couple weeks. I really want to be able to say that I'm capable of creating finished pieces, and not lie at the same time. I never seem to bring my beasties to a finish, by most folks standards, and am therefor left with a boat load of sketches. That isn't exactly a whole lot to eventually build a proper portfolio off of. I have a rather large hankerin' to travel back to four years ago and resurrect my colored pieces (Something very few of you, or anyone else has ever seen) based on the Persian miniature styles, and geometry. I always intended to finish the series I was working on, which was basically an illustrated version of the Book of Revelation. That whole deal was put on a long term back burner, as it were, because it took far too long to produce the quality of the pieces I was aiming for, and lacked the necessary time to complete them what with classes and all. I think I mentioned it a long time back that I used to be hardcore into studying world religions and practices, albeit not so much within the past couple years, but that the BoR always captured my imagination with its imagery. Maybe one or two of you remember the first, and only related piece I did during my third semester at AIB...
    RevelationWhoreofBableForOnline.jpg

I obviously never finished it, due to time restrictions. I may either pick up where I left off a couple years ago (which would feel awkward), or I may start all over again. The piece was based on a style I developed, during my second semester, illustrating part of Oscar Wilde's The Happy Prince.
    JewishMerchants.jpg

It'd be super neato if any of you remembered when I first posted those so long ago, but over all I'm just looking for you folk's opinions on whether or not it would be a worth while venture. I think it would be and I'll probably do it simply to fulfill the urge, but I could still use some reassurance from those I trust in the matter.

Buckwolfe on
  • NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

Damn you!

ahaha! :twisted:

Holy crap!

That room is so nasty.

Good God.

Fffffffffffffffff...........

That person clearly has some mental issues somethin' serious. I can't even begin to consider how that place must've smelled.

NightDragon on
  • srsizzysrsizzy Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I want to try an electric eraser. The idea sounded all kinds of weird, but I'm the kind of guy that erases WAY too much, and if it makes erasing cleaner, I...need it.

srsizzy on
    BRO LET ME GET REAL WITH YOU AND SAY THAT MY FINGERS ARE PREPPED AND HOT LIKE THE SURFACE OF THE SUN TO BRING RADICAL BEATS SO SMOOTH THE SHIT WILL BE MEDICINAL-GRADE TRIPNASTY MAKING ALL BRAINWAVES ROLL ON THE SURFACE OF A BALLS-FEISTY NEURAL RAINBOW CRACKA-LACKIN' YOUR PERCEPTION OF THE HERE-NOW SPACE-TIME SITUATION THAT ALL OF LIFE BE JAMMED UP IN THROUGH THE UNIVERSAL FLOW BEATS
  • beavotronbeavotron Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Holy crap!

That room is so nasty.

Good God.

UGGGGh
    when my room gets even kinda messy I freak out
    like seriously, if my sweaters aren't hung up in the closet and are just on my bed or something i am all "ugggh what a mess"

beavotron on
  • beavotronbeavotron Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    srsizzy wrote: »
    I want to try an electric eraser. The idea sounded all kinds of weird, but I'm the kind of guy that erases WAY too much, and if it makes erasing cleaner, I...need it.

they are totally awesome

beavotron on
  • srsizzysrsizzy Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    God, I started to play that game ND, and I quit very quickly. My brain is hurting from absorbing 40 pages of a psychology textbook that is completely blowing my perception of humanity every which way.

I wish I had a computer with enough memory to play Kongregate games though. Like Thing Thing.

srsizzy on
    BRO LET ME GET REAL WITH YOU AND SAY THAT MY FINGERS ARE PREPPED AND HOT LIKE THE SURFACE OF THE SUN TO BRING RADICAL BEATS SO SMOOTH THE SHIT WILL BE MEDICINAL-GRADE TRIPNASTY MAKING ALL BRAINWAVES ROLL ON THE SURFACE OF A BALLS-FEISTY NEURAL RAINBOW CRACKA-LACKIN' YOUR PERCEPTION OF THE HERE-NOW SPACE-TIME SITUATION THAT ALL OF LIFE BE JAMMED UP IN THROUGH THE UNIVERSAL FLOW BEATS
    edited September 2008
    beavotron wrote: »
    srsizzy wrote: »

they are totally awesome

Seconded.
    If you erase half as much as I know I do, then the electric eraser is a motherfucking godsend. Mine completely obliterates any pencil lines I make. I know that there are a few different ones you can order from dickblick.com

Buckwolfe on
    edited September 2008
    I've heard good things about this Sakura brand one...but I can't recall from where!

PROX on
    edited September 2008
    It doesn't matter where else you heard good things about Sakura's electric eraser. All that you need to know is that it has my unflinching approval. What more could you ask for?

At this point I almost feel like the Sakura company should be paying me for what is quickly becoming forum related advertising.

Buckwolfe on
    edited September 2008
    I knew it! Buckwolfe is a forum troll from Sakura!

PROX on
    edited September 2008
    I sincerely hope this doesn't change anybody's feelings towards me. My love for all of you was never part of the plan, but it was never a lie.

Buckwolfe on
  • RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited September 2008
    ugh, I feel like crap and I have to do like 60 more drawings before 9:30 am tomorrow and i don't have the fucking motivation and urghhhhh I feel like shiiiiiiit

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • bombardierbombardier Moderator mod
    edited September 2008
    ugh, I feel like crap and I have to do like 60 more drawings before 9:30 am tomorrow and i don't have the fucking motivation and urghhhhh I feel like shiiiiiiit

Motivate yourself to make a new chat thread.

bombardier on
This discussion has been closed.