As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WAR] Healer Archetypes: You are a hat.

• NevaNeva Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Kaseius wrote: »
    You definitely need to do more damage.

Definitely.

I do it while I can, but I was pretty low on AP for half the game. Only 4 people decided to charge fort, where Order had almost their entire team. It was pretty much 5 minutes of "Oh shit oh shit!".

Neva on
    SC2 Beta: Neva.ling

"Everyone who is capable of logical thought should be able to see why you shouldn't sell lifetime subscriptions to an MMO. Cell phone companies and drug dealers don't offer lifetime subscriptions either, guess why?" - Mugaaz
  • KarrmerKarrmer Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Neva wrote: »

Definitely.

I do it while I can, but I was pretty low on AP for half the game. Only 4 people decided to charge fort, where Order had almost their entire team. It was pretty much 5 minutes of "Oh shit oh shit!".

I'm assuming he was joking because a Zealot definitely doesn't need to do more damage. Assuming your team isn't awful and has a reasonable spread of classes you should have plenty of people dedicated to DPS (since it's all they can do) and if the ENEMY team isn't awful you should have your hands full with spamming heals and nothing but heals with all of your AP.

I pull 90,000+ healing at level 16 in Trolls Crossing where we win 500-40 or so in very quick games and only do around 9k damage. (As an Arch Mage)

I could definitely do more DPS but I almost never have extra AP with no targets to heal (because most healers are bad) so pretty much everything is dedicated to healing - and that is a large reason why we dominate the other team.

Keep on healing, my friend.

Karrmer on
    edited September 2008
    Yeah, but in the tier 1 area PvP's it's usually pretty easy to keep everyone up and still do damage as a level 11 zealot as long as we aren't heavily out numbered. That said, I know how frustrating it can be seeing a healer just throwing out crappy 2 second cast bolts instead of healing.

Neva on

"Everyone who is capable of logical thought should be able to see why you shouldn't sell lifetime subscriptions to an MMO. Cell phone companies and drug dealers don't offer lifetime subscriptions either, guess why?" - Mugaaz
  • ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    yeah zealots shouldn't bother trying to dps if they have a target to heal within sight

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • GoodOmensGoodOmens Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Can someone give me an idea of the damage capabilities of a DoK? I know they're not going to be dishing out, say, WE style damage. But do they at least stack up to a Shaman? I'd like to try the whole melee healing thing, but also have some damage to be able to play solo.

GoodOmens on
    steam_sig.png
    IOS Game Center ID: Isotope-X
    edited September 2008
    They do average-good dps

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Vi MonksVi Monks Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Gerbil2309 wrote: »
    For whoever was after Grid, try this: http://war.curse.com/downloads/details/13730/. I'm using it atm with Hovercast (essentially the same as Ismocast) and it is awesome. The Squared Unitframes as they are called isn't perfect, but it's a damn sight better then the default ones.

Would you mind showing a screenshot of your UI with that mod running?

Vi Monks on
  • Gerbil2309Gerbil2309 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/6480/gerbilf003sj9.jpg should be a picture of my UI running the Grid-type mod. I've got the boxes set fairly large, but it's possible to resize them etc.

Gerbil2309 on
  • KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    riz wrote: »
    Okay this is weird... http://war.curse.com/downloads/details/13648/

"This mod constantly keeps your friendly target set to the person with the lowest health that is in RANGE and LOS of a defined spell. This way a healer can spam one of their heals and be assured that it will do something useful."

That seems like cheating!

That seems like fuckawesome!

KiTA on
  • KaseiusKaseius Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

Definitely.

Oh man, I love the "oh shit oh shit" types of moments; me and a chosen versus a bright wizard, witch hunter, and rune priest for like 5-6 minutes and we won, it was glorious.

I've only got to r11 right now, so healing has been fairly easy in most situations and I'll end up with time to run in and hit the AoE gift from my buff, maybe do the 2s AoE cast a few times; I also try to work in nuke+dot+debuff+instant cast while healing people, just to help kill their healers quicker.

Kaseius on
    www.youtube.com/user/kaseius -- Let's Plays
  • ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

"This mod constantly keeps your friendly target set to the person with the lowest health that is in RANGE and LOS of a defined spell. This way a healer can spam one of their heals and be assured that it will do something useful."

Who cares, good healing is a hard job and it's so incredibly important in WAR that I'm all for anything that makes it easier for people. I say bring on the ezmode healing mods.

Zek on
    edited September 2008
    Zek wrote: »

Who cares, good healing is a hard job and it's so incredibly important in WAR that I'm all for anything that makes it easier for people. I say bring on the ezmode healing mods.

There's a lot of factors that can make that mod not so great. Sometimes the person with the lowest health won't be your highest priority, and the time spent healing them can get another person killed.

Neva on

• INeedNoSaltINeedNoSalt with blood on my teeth Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

There's a lot of factors that can make that mod not so great. Sometimes the person with the lowest health won't be your highest priority, and the time spent healing them can get another person killed.

Yeah, targetting is a bitch in WAR, but that is definitely not the cure I seek.

INeedNoSalt on
  • zenpotatozenpotato Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

Yeah, targetting is a bitch in WAR, but that is definitely not the cure I seek.

Now, if it were to list the local, healable people nearby and let me choose which one needs a heal... that I'd be interested in.

zenpotato on
  • Vi MonksVi Monks Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/6480/gerbilf003sj9.jpg should be a picture of my UI running the Grid-type mod. I've got the boxes set fairly large, but it's possible to resize them etc.

I like it. What unit frames are those?

Vi Monks on
  • OatsOats Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Vi Monks wrote: »

I like it. What unit frames are those?

Clean Unit Frames. I've got 'em too.

Oats on
  • GoodOmensGoodOmens Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    So I love my new Disciple. It's fun to go to Nordenwatch, have a not very good game, and still come in 2nd in both damage and healing.

GoodOmens on
    steam_sig.png
    IOS Game Center ID: Isotope-X
    edited September 2008
    So

What the fuck is up with the Warrior Priest? Honestly. I'm Rank 7, and my heals are pretty pathetic, and my melee damage is pretty much nonexistant (look at my huge hammer! Look how I hit unarmored enemies for twenty damage!)

INeedNoSalt on
    edited September 2008
    Hit 8. Use your version of rend soul. Never look back.

Oats on
  • admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    nevaf005xv8.jpg

I don't wanna leave the Tier 1 pvp! Hope zealots are still bad ass in the upper levels.

Fuck fucking zealots in their goddamn heal spamming asses those motherfucking--

Yeah, they're still good.
    So

What the fuck is up with the Warrior Priest? Honestly. I'm Rank 7, and my heals are pretty pathetic, and my melee damage is pretty much nonexistant (look at my huge hammer! Look how I hit unarmored enemies for twenty damage!)

Why do you (and so many other people) expect to be able to judge a class before they even hit rank 10? For god's sake, in one level you're going to get the most beautiful melee healing ability in the game and a massive morale insta-heal. There's so much joy in your future, and you aren't even looking for it.

If I thought that way I would've deleted my Swordmaster right after I cracked tier 1

admanb on
    edited September 2008
    The unit frames on the left are the Clean Unit Frames. The Grid-type mod is called Squared Unit Frames, and is best used with the Hovercast mod as well.

I think they both required the Libslash plugin as well.

Gerbil2309 on
    edited September 2008
    admanb wrote: »
    nevaf005xv8.jpg

I don't wanna leave the Tier 1 pvp! Hope zealots are still bad ass in the upper levels.

Fuck fucking zealots in their goddamn heal spamming asses those motherfucking--

Yeah, they're still good.
    So

Why do you (and so many other people) expect to be able to judge a class before they even hit rank 10? For god's sake, in one level you're going to get the most beautiful melee healing ability in the game and a massive morale insta-heal. There's so much joy in your future, and you aren't even looking for it.

If I thought that way I would've deleted my Swordmaster right after I cracked tier 1

I judge the class before Rank 10 because it takes forever to level to rank 10 in the first place, and I have to suffer through suck all the way there?

I mean, believe it or not, I'd like to have fun for all 40 ranks, not just the last thirty (or twenty, or ten)

INeedNoSalt on
    edited September 2008
    Warrior Priests and Disciples of Khaine both begin to be excellent at about level 8. I found with my Disciple of Khaine that I really enjoyed levels 8-11, and then pvp-wise i struck a bit of a speed-bump until level 18 where i got the ability Covenant of Celerity (buffed with the first Torture tree ability). After that (and i'm geared out for healing) I was enjoying myself a lot more.

Gerbil2309 on
  • GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    CleanUnitFrames is a nice mod, I use them as well. I am thinking about grabbing one of the grid like mods and trying it out.

GnomeTank on
    Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited September 2008
    So

What the fuck is up with the Warrior Priest? Honestly. He was rank 11, and he had an absorbing shield up 50% of the time and trounced me in melee.

Echo on
    edited September 2008
    Echo wrote: »
    So

What the fuck is up with the Warrior Priest? Honestly. He was rank 11, and he had an absorbing shield up 50% of the time and trounced me in melee.

And I am glad to hear it

INeedNoSalt on
    edited September 2008
    Zealots are invincible! I just kited a BW, WH, and a WP for about 5 minutes, stopping every now and then for /wave or /laugh. It's the ultimate aggro holder against people.

Neva on

edited September 2008
    Zealots are invincible! I just kited a BW, WH, and a WP for about 5 minutes, stopping every now and then for /wave or /laugh. It's the ultimate aggro holder against people.

Wonder if, as a Shammy, I'll be able to ever do that.

KiTA on
    edited September 2008
    KiTA wrote: »

Wonder if, as a Shammy, I'll be able to ever do that.

It's not happenin' for me at r11

But gobbos is so cute so

INeedNoSalt on
  • RyokazeRyokaze Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    So this is what happens when you put a sorceror + a zealot into a seperate group in a scenario:

Take a look at the XP totals.

Ryokaze on
    edited September 2008
    So guys...

Level 8 really was a magical experience. <3

INeedNoSalt on
    edited September 2008
    I don't get how they manage to get over 1500 realm points

I've been topping charts many times and I always get the regular amount of points

just yesterday I saw a WP getting 2800 realm points

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
    edited September 2008
    Zzulu wrote: »
    I don't get how they manage to get over 1500 realm points

I've been topping charts many times and I always get the regular amount of points

just yesterday I saw a WP getting 2800 realm points

Killing Blows (and being partied with those who do the killing) give inordinate amounts of exp and RP.

You also get RP for healing, which is split amongst your party. So if your party/scenario are a bunch of stooges, leave the scenario party and just heal everyone.

Oats on
  • Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Oats wrote: »
    You also get RP for healing, which is split amongst your party. So if your party/scenario are a bunch of stooges, leave the scenario party and just heal everyone.
    Hmmmm... :3

Panda4You on
  • SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    CleanUnitFrames is a nice mod, I use them as well. I am thinking about grabbing one of the grid like mods and trying it out.

I tried the one linked earlier.

It works rather well.

Seidkona on
    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • AumniAumni Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    My WP with Divine Fury, That shield tactic, and fully specced in Wrath is a monster.

I'm doing 25-30k damage and 40k healing in scenarios

A MONSTER.

Aumni on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/aumni/ Battlenet: Aumni#1978 GW2: Aumni.1425 PSN: Aumnius
    edited September 2008
    What do people suggest for a Shammy spec? Gork? Mork? Green?

KiTA on
    edited September 2008
    I used Gork in beta

I think you get the ranged AoE knockback in that one, which is good times

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    How similar or different are DoKs and WPs? Like right off the bat, I can see that one of the first damage abilities they both get is similar, but the WP gets a higher strength buff, while the DoK has a lower buff, but debuffs the opponent's strength. Is this a trend that continues?

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
    edited September 2008
    they are very similiar

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg