As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WAR] Servers up, social lives down.

• KajustaKajusta Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    If you remove the combat tab from your chat window, it generally will increase your fps in scenarios and in RVR.

Kajusta on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    XBL
  • Corp.ShephardCorp.Shephard Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    robothero wrote: »
    BG is the opposite of the IB. Instead of building whatever whenever damage is taken, it was whenever damage was done.

Give that a few seconds and you'll see why it was imba.

It's something they could definitely work around. Hell, the Iron Breaker has a tactic that does just this: You generate five grudge whenever you hit someone. It's a tactic that comes early and I use in a great deal of builds, to give me more flexibility in how I can spend my grudge.

If the hatred mechanic was the reason they scrapped the Black Guard, I imagine we'll see him again soon. That seems like a very viable mechanic to me.

Corp.Shephard on
  • <3<3 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    TSM site is down? I need to app!

<3 on
  • Corp.ShephardCorp.Shephard Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

Apparently such formalities are unnecessary, if you just jump on the server and ask for an invite.

My server just went down though so you might not have much luck right now.

Corp.Shephard on
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Relax <3 you got until Oct 3rd to get shit on the TSM site. Just hop on the game and ask for an invite.

DarkPrimus on
    edited September 2008

Apparently such formalities are unnecessary, if you just jump on the server and ask for an invite.

I got on and I was told to go app

<3 on
  • AkiraAkira Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    wardb used my screenshot for the Magus mount but left in the typo I only just noticed D:

Akira on
    akira.gif
  • MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

Did you tell them that you are The Plain Girl From The Low-Quality American Remake Of The Office?

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    For healing classes, the game does target of target, so you can attack who your healing target is attacking. Is there a way to set it in reverse so you can quickly heal who your target is attacking?

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • AeonfellAeonfell Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Everytime I loot a furry elfcup seed I get one step closer to the edge.

Aeonfell on
  • warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Kajusta wrote: »
    If you remove the combat tab from your chat window, it generally will increase your fps in scenarios and in RVR.

<3<3<3<3<3<3

Helped a lot.

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Blaaaarrrrgh. Just got home at 6:47, tried to log on only to see the servers just went down. :(

chrono_traveller on
    The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited September 2008
    You'll see slayer in the first expansion when they add a 5th class to all the races.

Unknown User on
  • AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008

what is your in game name, when the servers come up i'll invite you.

Angry on
  • Ash-HousewaresAsh-Housewares TARDIS Hunter Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

Working on it. . .

Edit: It's up.

Ash-Housewares on
  • MorskittarMorskittar Lord Warlock Engineer SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Slayers: permanent death or constant NPC references about the player being horrible at finding a glorious death?

Angry wrote: »

It's a long-term formality. Those without apps/forum accounts will be kicked from the in-game guild on October 3rd, and at intervals after that. It's more work for us, but it's an easier and more inclusive way of getting everyone together to play.

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
    edited September 2008
    Angry wrote: »

Coeur

<3 on
  • HilleanHillean Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    When you say 'remove the combat tab', you mean delete it entirely, or seperate it from the chat tab?

edit: God dammit, Heroes season 3 starts tonight...

Warhammer or Heroes.... fuck

Hillean on
    greenguy1980.jpg
  • dhirschdhirsch Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    So I've tried a few class mechanics, all seem fun. As with other games I face the paralysis of choice.

Candymancers, what do you feel y'all need the most: Tank, damage, or healing?

dhirsch on
  • Foolish ChaosFoolish Chaos Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    This goes back a few pages, but I went and picked up a Belkin Nostromo n52te...and I have to say I really like it. I didn't think I would, because I normally hate these kind of gimmicky controllers, but aside from needing to get used to the D-Pad movement, it's been great. I find I have a lot more keys right at my finger tips, and I find I am making use of more of my obscure abilities when they are just a finger tip away.

I am still playing with my setup quite a bit, as far as the bindings are concerned, but so far, I really like it. Plus the ability to record G-15 style macros is great for someone like me, who refuses to get a G-15 because it's not ergo.

Oh really? I've been considering this purchase for awhile.

It seems that the main beef people has with it is its ability to slide around without your consent, hands slipping often. Whats your experience with that? I was just thinking of getting some of that sticky velcro to fix it, but was wondering if it is actually valid.

Oh and woot. Amazon order came today.

Foolish Chaos on
  • ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    we have plenty of dps

go healer or tank

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Paradox ControlParadox Control Master MC Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    robothero wrote: »
    You'll see slayer in the first expansion when they add a 5th class to all the races.

see I don't know about that. It would have to be really different then a Hammerer and a Hammerer already sounds a lot like a Slayer in armor.

Paradox Control on
    \
  • AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    i have an n52 and the dpad on it is atrocious. i was relegated to using them as extra buttons and continuing to use a wasd setup (albeit on the n52).

really didn't benefit much from it at all.

Angry on
    edited September 2008
    hmm http://www.warhammeralliance.com/ is down for me, is it down for anyone else?

Paradox Control on
    \
  • grrarggrrarg Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Their server probably melted as people flocked to the forum when the WAR servers went down.

grrarg on
    edited September 2008
    grrarg wrote: »
    Their server probably melted as people flocked to the forum when the WAR servers went down.

ha, good point.

Paradox Control on
    \
  • ShoggothShoggoth Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    "We're taking all servers offline in 15 minutes at 6:45 PM EDT to fix an issue in which players would respawn at the same location where they died. We expect to return no later than 8:30 PM EDT. Please check back here for updates!"

The obvious fix is don't suck, don't die.

Shoggoth on
    11tu0w1.jpg
  • AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    What does Super Screenshot do? I thought it removed the UI and crap when it took the picture but NOOOOOOOOO I'm still stuck with this shit all over my pretty pictures.

Accualt on
  • 3lwap03lwap0 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I sincerely hope this isn't re-hashing the same thing, but it's tough to sift through 90+ pages of posting.

Anyways, here I go.

I am having one helluva time leveling my guy. Example: I'm in Greenskin Chapter 11. I do all the quests, and most of the PQ. I proceed to the next zone, only to find that i'm way, way out of my league in relation to the level of the mobs around. Things that yes, I can solo, but just barely. The quests that take you to heavy mob zones are almost impossible. Your aggro radius makes life unbearable.

So I painfully hoof it to another zone's chapter 11, finish it, and now i've gotten a level that's consumate with the next area. It just seems that i'm not getting enough xp to progress me through these chapters, and it's a real pain in the ass to constantly swap between zones. Yes, I'm always in a scenario que, but not many scenario's happen. I'm lucky to get 3 a play session. I do the PQ's, or most of them. Still doesn't seem enough, and sometimes I just don't feel like grinding mobs for the better part of an hour or two.

Anyone else having this problem?

3lwap0 on
  • SoaLSoaL fantastic Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I think it's just higher res than the normal screenshots.

SoaL on
    DKFA7.gif
  • grrarggrrarg Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Shift-z to remove the UI for screenshots. The super screenshot key takes uncompressed shots. Depending on resolution they are like 10mb each.

grrarg on
  • DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    3lwap0 wrote: »
    I sincerely hope this isn't re-hashing the same thing, but it's tough to sift through 90+ pages of posting.

Anyways, here I go.

I am having one helluva time leveling my guy. Example: I'm in Greenskin Chapter 11. I do all the quests, and most of the PQ. I proceed to the next zone, only to find that i'm way, way out of my league in relation to the level of the mobs around. Things that yes, I can solo, but just barely. The quests that take you to heavy mob zones are almost impossible. Your aggro radius makes life unbearable.

So I painfully hoof it to another zone's chapter 11, finish it, and now i've gotten a level that's consumate with the next area. It just seems that i'm not getting enough xp to progress me through these chapters, and it's a real pain in the ass to constantly swap between zones. Yes, I'm always in a scenario que, but not many scenario's happen. I'm lucky to get 3 a play session. I do the PQ's, or most of them. Still doesn't seem enough, and sometimes I just don't feel like grinding mobs for the better part of an hour or two.

You're levelling too fast. Not enough people in t3 yet.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • MorskittarMorskittar Lord Warlock Engineer SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008

Anyways, here I go.

I've always had the opposite problem. I just moved to Tier 2 after finishing *most* of the Tier 1 quests at Rank 13/11. Halfway through 13 and almost to RR 12.

Are you queueing for multiple Scenarios (in a group) and trying to cap world objectives? Doing the RvR repeatable quests?

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
  • EckoEcko Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

Anyways, here I go.

I'm having the same problem. I got to 20 after finishing both Greenskin tier 2 and DE tier 2, but without RvR happening much, it's hard to get that extra oomph in leveling. I'm played a lot less this weekend to give my guildies a chance to catch up and in hopes that scenarios might pop a little more. But of course, when I get back from class, servers are down..

Ecko on
  • CharaChara Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Zzulu wrote: »
    we have plenty of dps

go healer or tank

I was going to ask for an invite and then I did a quick search, so many bright mages. I am a bright mage :| I am thinking of rolling a tank to be, you know useful.

Chara on
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited September 2008
    Teehee, being a level 11 blorc in Chaos T1 = people in Nordenwatch go OH SHI- at the sight of me and haul ass away from there. I just wade in, ignore their melee and punch some bright wizard into pulp.

Echo on
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Okay is it just me or is something really fucked up? I logged in and do not see any characters.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Drez wrote: »
    Okay is it just me or is something really fucked up? I logged in and do not see any characters.

Thread title lies. Servers are down.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Echo wrote: »
    Teehee, being a level 11 blorc in Chaos T1 = people in Nordenwatch go OH SHI- at the sight of me and haul ass away from there. I just wade in, ignore their melee and punch some bright wizard into pulp.

And leave their fleshy little backs open for my arm of stabbyness.

Great times playing today, hope we can to more RvR!

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    all servers are down atm.

tyrannus on
This discussion has been closed.