As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Let's Play Aliens versus Predator (Classic) - We're Gonna Facehug Like It's 1999

UltimaGeckoUltimaGecko Registered User regular
edited March 2010 in Games and Technology
The alienated, predator-packed Aliens versus Predator (Classic) Let's Play
03/04/10 - Now with updated OP and bonus level!

AvP Classic is available on Steam for $4.99.

Perhaps you've heard of Aliens versus Predator for the PC?

No, not that new game that just come out. We're going back through the annals of history - to the days when the USA's greatest concern was that the president couldn't keep it in his pants and the media didn't care about violence in video games because that hyper-violent Matrix movie had just come out.

titlecard.jpg

Aliens versus Predators (versus Marines)

Aliens vs. Predator (AvP for short) is a First Person Shooter created by Rebellion Software and Fox Interactive Studios in 1999.

The game features three playable characters (a Marine, a Predator, and an Alien), each of which have their own unique story campaign (5 missions for the Alien, 6 for the Marine and Predator each), as well as 5 bonus missions for each that are unlocked for beating the game on different difficulties (essentially altered maps that other species got to play in). The engine has quite a few neat characteristics, and the game itself is rather quirky (…and many people will tell you “pants-wettingly scary” (this thread has now officially made it an adjective)).

Although the game may carry the same name as a 2004 movie the only similarity is Predaliens. Except in this game they get killed. And the only time Predators and Humans come together is when a Predator is decapitating a human corpse with his wristblades.

Weyland-Yutani's Next Top Model

So how does it look? Pretty good for its age.
avpshot3.jpg

For its time, AvP had brilliant graphics and excellent sound-design. Texture quality tended to be higher than its contemporaries, as did the quality of its level geometry (curves are quite common - something Half-Life didn't do well). The game was vaunted for its use of lighting and sound. It has aged surprisingly well.
avpshot2.jpg

Plus giant, geometry-conforming explosions...
avpshot1.jpg

Aliens versus Predator: Marines Livin' Large

In 2000 the "expansion" – Aliens versus Predator: Gold Edition – was released (think: "Sims expansion with less content"). It featured 2 new marine weapons and minor bug fixes. It also added the Rebellion staff portraying the marine commanding officers on the in-game video screens. They’re not especially good in this role, and it made no sense why they changed it. The expansion also featured an abundance of multiplayer maps and included the latest patch for the original - adding a much vaunted feature that wasn’t present in the original unpatched AvP: the ability to save mid-level.

That’s right, in a game where you could be torn to shreds by a pack of aliens in a matter of seconds there was no ability to save. This is remedied in the patched version and the expansion by introducing a save feature – the number of saves per level being limited by the difficulty level.

More important than the uselessness of the expansion: it came with great swag.
brawr2.jpg
Facehugger window ornaments.

The Three Contenders
There’s the fun-loving predator, who likes stabbing things with his spear…
avppredator.jpg
Incidentally, you don’t get to use a spear while playing as the predator. The closest you get is a speargun.

There’s the vertigo-immune alien. He’s a lot like ceiling cat, except with more decapitations.
avpalien.jpg
Marines may have been harmed in the making of this image.

And there’s the hapless marine. Fragile. Weak. Panicky… Packing unmatched firepower.
avpmarine.jpg
Firepower not pictured.

Getting a Decade-Old Game Up and Running

You might be saying to yourself, "But Gecko, this game is so old that it came out when WW2 games were still rare, can I even get it to work?"

Yes, you can! The easiest way is probably with the patch (or buying the Steam version). Multiplayer still worked between the regular exe and the patched exe when I tried it over a LAN (didn't try TCP/IP, Hamachi should work).

Here's an exciting issues and solutions checklist:

If you have DirectX-10 hardware (or the other stuff doesn't work):
You can download a fan-made patch from the thread here (near half-way down). There's also a link to the potentially necessary DirectX files, but the latest patched exe is further in the thread (page 5, I think).

If you run it with the patch you should reinstall the game if you tried new DLLs, since they shouldn't be necessary. You'll run the game with MyAvP.exe instead of AvP.exe.

If you have pre-DirectX 10 hardware:
Set Compatability to Windows 98/ME
Find up-to-date versions of smackw32.dll and binkw32.dll and put them in your AvP directory

If you have skipping/persistent intro movie audio:
Try renaming avp.exe to something else (such as avpgold.exe); there's a potential conflict with an XP file of the same name.

If your game runs slowly or pauses frequently:
Put an audio CD in your drive; it's looking for the soundtrack. You can just set the Music Volume to zero in options if you don't want to hear it.

Game Specifications

The box clearly states "3D Accelerator Card Required," so if you're still living in 1999 and don't have any semblance of DirectX capable hardware you won't be able to run it. Otherwise:

200MHz processor
32Mb of RAM
200Mb HDD space minimum

The old intro paragraphs if you're nostalgic:
Sparked by the recent announcements regarding Aliens: Colonial Marines, I've dusted off my ancient copy of AvP and attempted to get it working on modern hardware to bring you the scariest LP ever. More likely scary because I'm making it, and not because the aliens sneak up on you and attack you in confined spaces...because that will be happening to me.

So, you want to learn about Aliens and Predators? All the PoliSci majors and Biology majors can leave the room right now, because we’re not talking about immigrants and lame African wildlife that spends half of its life sleeping. Let’s begin with some background information (we’ll get to the exciting decapitations, glowing blood, thrashing alien bodies and tension-filled motion trackers in a bit).

The facehuggers want to play with you in the AvP LP. Facehuggers also want you to check out the TF2 cards here. View the in-progress RE mansion recreation for L4D here.
Bitstream wrote: »
People respect a man who might do science at any moment.
UltimaGecko on

• Options
    edited September 2008
    Reserved for videos involving aliens, predators, marines and the ...versing thereof.

Bonus Level Listing:
    (Now in convenient checkbox format).
    The original level's host is in brackets on the side, but the bonus levels are not the same as the original levels. In some cases there are additions, occasionally removals - none of them run exactly like the originals (except the bonus bonus levels through the AvP Launcher).

Bonus level unchecked that you want to see? Throw in your request for the next video.

Alien Bonus Levels:
    [ ] Invasion [Marine Level]
    [ ] Derelict [Marine Level]
    [ ] Tyrargo [Marine Level]
    [ ] Caverns [Predator Level]
    [ ] Fury 161 [Predator Level] - has alien ally bots

Marine Bonus Levels:
    [ ] Temple [Alien Level]
    [ ] Vaults [Predator Level]
    [ ] Ferarco [Alien Level]
    [ ] Gateway [Alien Level]
    [ ] Waterfall [Predator Level] - has marine ally bots

Predator Bonus Levels:
    [x] Invasion [Marine Level]
    [ ] Escape [Alien Level]
    [ ] Temple [Alien Level]
    [ ] Earthbound [Alien Level]
    [ ] Tyrargo [Marine Level]

Bonus bonus levels (through the AvPLauncher - same level, new species):
    [ ] Colony for the predator [Marine Level]
    [ ] Orbital for the predator [Marine Level]
    [ ] Waterfall for the alien [Predator Level]
    [ ] Area 52 for the alien [Predator Level]

(unfortunately there aren't any bonus bonus levels for the marine because he relies on pick-ups and he jumps like a cow so he'd be stranded pretty quickly in other species' levels - if I can find a version of the launcher that allows the jetpack we'll be in business).

Intro movies to each of the campaigns:
    GameVee links have been removed because it's now defunct and none of the links work. On the plus side, my original YouTube uploads are high quality, so they've had the HD option ever since YouTube allowed it.

Alien Campaign:
    Marine Campaign:
    Predator Campaign:
    Predator Bonus Levels
    Ending Videos [inherently filled with spoilers]
    Marine Campaign Ending
    That's because I blew it out the goddamn airlock.

Alien Campaign Ending
    Do you really think you can get a dangerous organism like that past ICC quarantine?

Predator Campaign Ending
    [...Will be up once I can manage to get the audio loud enough. Suddenly my computer hates the videos' sound.]

Non-Level Bonus Videos

UltimaGecko on
    The facehuggers want to play with you in the AvP LP. Facehuggers also want you to check out the TF2 cards here. View the in-progress RE mansion recreation for L4D here.
  • Options
    vhzodvhzod Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    In my hazy nostalgic memories the game looked a lot better than that. Are you sure thats the PC version? It looks worse than DOOM 1 for crying out loud. Maybe I was just too busy killing stuff (as alien) or screaming like a little girl (marine) to notice. Honestly, I want you to suffer. Do marine on directors cut oh yeah. Make sure to include all the screaming. If you play as predator you have to trophy every single thing you fight. The alien missions are basically an adventure game with head biting. You just have to find the right path to avoid the sentries.

vhzod on
  • Options
    InzignaInzigna Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Worse than DOOM 1? Seriously?

3413-doom1.jpg

Inzigna on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    vhzodvhzod Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Well the marine screen does. Those textures are just colliding with each other. Well its a predator looking at a marine.
    Edit: okay the third screen. Is there no exaggeration allowed on the internet today or something?

I still love AVP! I played the shit out of this more than any other FPS. Ripping things apart as an alien is relaxing.

vhzod on
  • Options
    InzignaInzigna Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Oh, exaggeration. I didn't foresee that, my apologies.

Yes, AVP was awesome. I can't remember, but it was either AVP or AVP2 that had a co-op campaign mode. It was fun playing as the marines with friends.

Beep.

Inzigna on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    pabhpabh Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    vhzod wrote: »
    Do marine on directors cut oh yeah. Make sure to include all the screaming.
    This gets my vote, and I second this wonderful idea
    vhzod wrote: »
    Honestly, I want you to suffer.
    This Too!!

pabh on
  • Options
    CarcharodontosaurusCarcharodontosaurus Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Play as the Marine. I look forward to your screams of horror. :lol:

Carcharodontosaurus on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    X-Law-NikX-Law-Nik Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Loved this game back in the days. All Campaigns are good. But do the aliens. It is awesome.

X-Law-Nik on
  • Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    All right, sweethearts, what are you waiting for? Breakfast in bed? Another glorious day in the Corps! A day in the Corps is like a day on the farm. Every meal's a banquet! Every paycheck a fortune! Every formation a parade! I LOVE the Corps!

Aliens campaign would probably be the best to start with.

Kelor on
  • Options
    HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Come on! Come on! Come and get it, baby! Come on! I don't got all day! Come on! Come on! Come on you bastard! Come on, you too! Oh, you want some of this? Fuck you!

(i vote for the marine campaign)

HerrCron on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    YerMumYerMum Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I ain't got time to bleed.

You got time to duck?

Predator campaign, I never finished that one :p

YerMum on
    Rugged individualist
    Destiny Profile : http://www.bungie.net/en/Profile/254/7028016
  • Options
    VicVic Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    This game scared the shit out of me and I doubt I actually finished any of the campaigns, but I still loved it to bits. Any of the campaigns would be fine, really. As a human you get the terror and the firepower, as an alien you get the sneaking and face eating and as a predator you get the human-impaling and head gathering.

Vic on
  • Options
    ImpersonatorImpersonator Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    The screaming will make me smile, godspeed UltimaGecko

Impersonator on
  • Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    The multiplayer in the first AvP was so much fun, I lost hours playing it. I remember playing as a predator and was running stealthed through a corridor when I saw two marines at the end of a T intersection at the other end. I lined up the speargun and nailed one of their heads to the wall then chased the other one until he though he'd gotten away and tore off his skull.

Kelor on
  • Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Fuck yea do the Marine campaign!

SkutSkut on
  • Options
    RoshinRoshin My backlog can be seen from space SwedenRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Predator first, then Alien, and finish off with Marine.

Hardest difficulty.

Roshin on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AmaranthAmaranth Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I love you so much for doing this.

Echoing screams request!

Amaranth on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Overwhelming demand seems to be Marine campaign and lots of screaming. Well, we can start with the Marine campaign; I can't guarantee any screaming. Because in space no one can hear you scream, unless the space between the air's molecules is small enough to facilitate the transfer of kinetic energy and thus propagate soundwaves... Let's continue...

Weyland-Yutani Bioweapons Research Facility on LV-426

2154 - Ten years after Hadley's Hope incident
    Massive Biocontainment Failure
    Scientific and Civillian personnel evacuation complete

Everyone around here seems to be well-versed in their Aliens knowledge, but for anyone not up to date:

LV-426 is the planet designation from Alien and Aliens with the derelict 'Jockey' ship.
    Hadley's Hope is the name of the colony in Aliens (fairly sure you only get to see it in the Aliens Special Edition)
    Weyland-Yutani is 'the Company' from the Aliens movies. It was also stolen for use in a 2004 movie which shall remain nameless.
    The Marine does not constitute scientific or civillian personnel...

He's sweet, sweet alien food.
    (No, I do not know how to pronounce failure)

...also, remind me not to bother with good compression, since YouTube butchers it anyway (any sound problems and muttering - that's all me, though).

UltimaGecko on
  • Options
    AntihippyAntihippy Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Holy shit, nice job man.

That first alien actually made me scream. :(

I can't wait for alien: colonial marines now.

Antihippy on
    10454_nujabes2.pngPSN: Antiwhippy
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    So it looks like you don't really get much ammo in this game. Also, is there just the one gun? Cause it seems relatively powerful for a starting gun. Also, what happens when you run out of ammo?

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008

If there's one thing I've learned from my first LP here, it's that Penny Arcade forum frequenters absolutely love to see a man driven to the brink... and then pinky-pushed off of it.

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    AntihippyAntihippy Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

If there's one thing I've learned from my first LP here, it's that Penny Arcade forum frequenters absolutely love to see a man driven to the brink... and then pinky-pushed off of it.

Perhaps the same can be said for all forums...

Antihippy on
    10454_nujabes2.pngPSN: Antiwhippy
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Antihippy wrote: »

Perhaps the same can be said for all forums...
    What is an Alien, but a miserable pile of blooablooabloo?

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

Funny, I thought that was the only way to do a Let's Play. :P

UltimaGecko, you've got some serious courage going on. Those Aliens were fast, and you calmly destroyed them whilst still commenting on what was going on. Keep doing what you're doing!

Carcharodontosaurus on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    So it looks like you don't really get much ammo in this game. Also, is there just the one gun? Cause it seems relatively powerful for a starting gun. Also, what happens when you run out of ammo?

It's relatively powerful against aliens, but there's not an extreme abundance of ammo, either. There's also not as many aliens in the first level as the later levels. If you run out you basically try to beat them down with your pulse rifle as you go down in a blaze of glory (i.e.: a big bloody mess surrounded by aliens). I've never actually had that happen in single player, but only because you usually have another gun to switch to. It's usually only effective versus aliens, and only if there's only one or two of them at a time (since it chews through bullets).

Almost all of the guns in the game are 'powerful'. The only weapon that isn't explicitly 'awesome' is the pistol, but it's a pistol, so it's only okay (one or two headshots kills aliens). Generally you end up with pulse rifles, smartguns and flamethrowers (like the Aliens movies). Orbital is my favorite level, since it allows you access to the rocket launcher, the grenade launcher and it's a nearly fully realized space station (but you can also plow through it within a minute or two if you know where to go). Plus it has predators. The minigun only pops up once during single player (that I know of), and it's fairly easy to overlook.

It's more about going through the levels than upgrading your guns (you get reverted to just a pulse rifle at the beginning of each level, anyway). The Predator is cheap in that respect, he gets his pistol and disc on the third level and keeps them through subsequent levels.

UltimaGecko on
  • Options
    Triple BTriple B Bastard of the North MARegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I only have one question:
    hudson1.jpg
    How do I get out of this chickenshit outfit?

Triple B on
    Steam/XBL/PSN: FiveAgainst1
  • Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    The acting from the guy giving you orders is terrible. I know Rebellion are a British company (virtually just down the road from me, as it happens) and probably didn't have a huge budget to cast people, but it sounds like he really can't decide whether he wants to be American or English, and just swaps at will mid-sentence.

Still though, as someone who never owned this (but always wanted to) and never even managed to get the demo going, I shall watch eagerly.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    expendableexpendable Silly Goose Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    The motion tracker continues to give me nightmares to this day.

Beep.

"Wait."

Beep.

"20ish meters."

Beep. Beep.

"10 meters. I should see it by now."

Beep. Beep. Beep.

"Where is it?"

BeepBeepBeepBeep.

"WHERE THE FUCK IS IT?"

Beepbeepbeepbeep

*crying...death*

I wasn't very old when I first played.

expendable on
    Djiem wrote: »
    Lokiamis wrote: »
    So the servers suddenly decide to cramp up during the last six percent.
    Man, the Director will really go out of his way to be a dick to L4D players.
    Steam
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    The worst thing is the Facehuggers. Scrabble scrabble scrabble scrabble RAPE.

I used rocket launchers to kill the things. They outright terrified me.

Carcharodontosaurus on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    UltimanecatUltimanecat Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I seriously could not play this game's marine campaign. I used to watch the films as a kid late at night on old school 80's HBO with my mother of all people, and they are deeply ingrained on my psyche. I've played through as the predator and alien, because they are all about wanton rapine, but never dared venture past that first alien in the marine campaign. It probably mostly has to do with the sounds used...the sound design for this game is awesome.

Watching you sprint through that level completely blase about what's going on makes me sad.

Ultimanecat on
    SteamID : same as my PA forum name
  • Options
    CherrnCherrn Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Major props for not going with the second game. That first (second?) encounter with the alien where it just comes FLYING AT YOU FROM NOWHERE is precisely why the first one was so good; I've never seen such aggressive enemies in a game before... and since. And, as an added bonus, when you're the alien, you can actually move at that speed.

Also, you're not going with the CD audio? It's probably better for atmosphere, but it did have some goooood music.

Edit:

Just watched the whole thing. Man, I forgot how grrrrrrrrreat the lighting is. It's like what Doom 3 attempted, only successful. It actually doesn't look that outdated, because very few modern games use lighting that well; it's almost part of the gameplay. I might have to reinstall it myself.

I never played Gold, but I completely forgot you couldn't save in the vanilla version. So you're stuck with some of the most aggressive enemies you've ever faced, who could come from anywhere in an environment where you really can't see shit. They can kill you very fast, and you can't save. This is why the game is so highly regarded; the sense of danger is almost unparalleled.

Also, the Rebellion staff don't seem to be much of an improvement over the guy they used in the original.

Cherrn on
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken. That's the law of samurai.
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Most people considered the Rebellion staff to be worse than the original actors. I suppose you can laud them for their commitment to campiness...or just wonder what prompted their insanity.

Anyway...

Weyland-Yutani Scientific and Civilian Support Installation

Severe xenomorph infestation
    Research teams and support engineers evacuated
    Power generators offline

How could they cut the power, man? They're animals.
    Alternate link for people with bandwidth.
    Warning: may feature poorly performed Aliens quotes. And Predator quotes.

...Although I'm not sure if quoting the predator actually constitutes a quote.

So, I've iron-manned it so far, but Invasion and Tyrargo may tax that ability (invasion isn't so bad, but Tyrargo has a ...vast abundance of aliens, including praetorians at the end of the level. We'll see how many times I need to replay it before I break out this fancy new "sah-aive" feature when we get there.

[edit]Looking into a different site for some hosting so you can actually see what's being shot at (the secret of my mediocre aim will be unleashed upon the world), we'll see how that plays out.

I've also realized it sounds like my opening audio is read from a script...just pretend I work at Rebellion.
    (recording trouble let me practice it a few times...and it's still bad; remind me not to become a voice actor)

UltimaGecko on
  • Options
    AmaranthAmaranth Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I enjoyed both videos so far, you're much less of a girl than I am. :D

My only quarrel is it sounds like you're whispering into the mic. Nothing to do with quietness, just your tone. I'm eagerly awaiting screams!

Amaranth on
  • Options
    HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Amaranth wrote: »
    I enjoyed both videos so far, you're much less of a girl than I am. :D

My only quarrel is it sounds like you're whispering into the mic. Nothing to do with quietness, just your tone. I'm eagerly awaiting screams!

He's staying frosty.

HerrCron on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    RainbowDespairRainbowDespair Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    So I'm thinking about picking up this game online since it sounds like all sorts of awesome and it's pretty cheap these days. How easy is it to get it working under XP?

RainbowDespair on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    So I'm thinking about picking up this game online since it sounds like all sorts of awesome and it's pretty cheap these days. How easy is it to get it working under XP?

It depends on your hardware, but it can take as little as changing the compatability mode, to downloading a fan made patch and DirectX files.

An exciting checklist:
    If you have pre-DirectX 10 hardware:
    Set Compatability to Windows 98/ME
    Find up-to-date versions of smackw32.dll and binkw32.dll and put them in your AvP directory

If you have skipping/persistent intro movie audio:
    Try renaming avp.exe to something else (such as avpgold.exe); there's a conflict with an XP file of the same name.

If your game runs slowly or pauses frequently:
    Put an audio CD in your drive; it's looking for the soundtrack. You can just set the Music Volume to zero in options if you don't want to hear it.

If you have DirectX-10 hardware, or that other stuff didn't work:
    You can download a fan-made patch from the thread here (near half-way down). There's also a link to the potentially necessary DirectX files, but the latest patched exe is further in the thread (page 5, I think).

If you run it with the patch you should reinstall if you tried new DLLs, since they shouldn't be necessary. You'll run the game with MyAvP.exe instead of AvP.exe.

It's not too hard to get working. The easiest way is probably with the patch. Multiplayer still worked between the regular exe and the patched exe when I tried it over a LAN (but through TCP/IP)...but I make no guarantees that you'll be able to connect to the ...other people not playing it online.

The specifications clearly state "3D Accelerator Card Required", so if you're still living in 1998 and don't have any semblance of DirectX capable hardware you won't be able to run it (other exciting specifications: 200MHz processor, 32Mb of RAM and 200Mb HDD space).

Third video is coming along as soon as it's processed.

UltimaGecko on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    And we drive the APC to the atmosphere processor for no apparent reason other than to get brutally disemboweled by many, many, many (,many, many...) aliens. For some reason they won't fly me out until I turn off the cooling systems so their multi-billion dollar installation can turn into a giant fireball.

Weyland-Yutani Atmosphere Processor

Extreme Xenomorph infestation apparent.
    Civilian support personnel missing - presumed infected.
    Control mechanisms damaged - systems critical.

better quality video
    Listen Apone, we can't have any firing in there...
    Bonus video due to apparent demand:
    What are we supposed to use, harsh language?

...we could, but apparently it doesn't help.

UltimaGecko on
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Awesome man! I remember playing this game for HOURS when it came out. Multiplayer with a friend of mine was just so enjoyable. He would be a marine and I would be a predator and we would play the level where aliens just come in waves upon waves. Occasionally, just for fun, I would "accidentally" hit him with my targeting reticule while using my disc on aliens. :D Oh that was endless enjoyment.

Aliens! 3 o'clock!
    Aliens! 5 o'clock!
    More ALIENS!
    AHHHHH!!!! ::constant gunfire:: ::disc whirls from nowhere and slices 3 aliens in front of him::
    Thanks man! AHHHHHH!! DID YOU JUST DISC ME?!

Whoops! :)

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    PompaPompa Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    nothing beats 3-4 panic-ridden guys vs an alien in alien tag match at our old LanArena. seriously, its the most i ever heard my friends scream and work so hard together to bring that bitch down. one of the only games i have played on the pc i cant find a fault with.

great LP

Pompa on
  • Options
    OmegasquashOmegasquash Boston, MARegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2008
    Hot damn, this inspired me to find my Gold disc and do a re-install on super difficulty. I played the SHIT outta this game in college. Looks like I know what I'm going tonight!

Omegasquash on