As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WAR] Servers up, social lives down.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited September 2008
    There's no level lock on crafting skills, is there? Can I just keep sending mats to my rank 8 gobbo for shroom brewing?

Echo on
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Incredibly frustrated. I bought two copies of the game, one for me and one for the boyfriend. Neither of them will download onto my PC. Tech support closed at 10, and I got off work at 10:15 so I can't play the game. So. Frustrated.

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Huh, didn't get a cultivating plot at skill 51. Might require ten ranks per plot in addition to the skill, just rank 8 on the gobbo.

Echo on
  • Options
    Lucky CynicLucky Cynic Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Echo wrote: »
    Huh, didn't get a cultivating plot at skill 51. Might require ten ranks per plot in addition to the skill, just rank 8 on the gobbo.

try closing the thing and reopening it. that worked for me.

Lucky Cynic on
  • Options
    TethTeth __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2008
    Incredibly frustrated. I bought two copies of the game, one for me and one for the boyfriend. Neither of them will download onto my PC. Tech support closed at 10, and I got off work at 10:15 so I can't play the game. So. Frustrated.

What's the problem, specifically? Maybe we can help.

Teth on
  • Options
    AlexanderAlexander Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I loved my blorc last night, was playing with Echo and we were teraing stunties up! at one point it was just the two of us vs 5 order and we rickrolled them, effective targeting ftw!

Alexander on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Alexander wrote: »
    I loved my blorc last night, was playing with Echo and we were teraing stunties up! at one point it was just the two of us vs 5 order and we rickrolled them, effective targeting ftw!

Da Toughest is awesome! Two blorcs on the same target = we kill 'em fairly quick while they do shit for damage on us if they're melee, and we target them first if they're casters.

I get 330 health back from Da Toughest now.

Echo on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

Da Toughest is awesome! Two blorcs on the same target = we kill 'em fairly quick while they do shit for damage on us if they're melee, and we target them first if they're casters.

I get 330 health back from Da Toughest now.

I need to get some leveling done tonight to catch you up, im 100xp from rank 9 and I ned some shoulders already! I think I'm going to go brawler on Slab, hes just that kind of orc.

Alexander on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I need to get some leveling done tonight to catch you up, im 100xp from rank 9 and I ned some shoulders already! I think I'm going to go brawler on Slab, hes just that kind of orc.

The shoulders I have are from a rank 9 quest in T2, first thing you do in there. Easy to do as well.

I was looking at the masteries, and hot damn. If there are no diminishing returns on stuff like knockdowns a Brawler blorc can keep a guy knocked down 70% of the time.

Echo on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

The shoulders I have are from a rank 9 quest in T2, first thing you do in there. Easy to do as well.

I was looking at the masteries, and hot damn. If there are no diminishing returns on stuff like knockdowns a Brawler blorc can keep a guy knocked down 70% of the time.

I envision mass griefing, but only to stunties.

Alexander on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

I envision mass griefing, but only to stunties.

Stunties got mad knock down squabbles, too.

Teth on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    RvR is now known as KvK.

Alexander on
  • Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Hmm, all the US servers are down for what I assume is maintenance, but all the Oceanic ones are still up.

Problem fixed!

Kelor on
  • Options
    grrarggrrarg Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Kelor wrote: »
    Hmm, all the US servers are down for what I assume is maintenance, but all the Oceanic ones are still up.

Problem fixed!

Yeah.
    Oceanic servers will be updated in the PM east coast time to avoid Prime Time playing hours for the region.

Is Mythic the first company to do that for Oceanic people?

grrarg on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    grrarg wrote: »
    Kelor wrote: »

Problem fixed!

Yeah.
    Oceanic servers will be updated in the PM east coast time to avoid Prime Time playing hours for the region.

Is Mythic the first company to do that for Oceanic people?

I think so. I've never heard of anyone doing that before.

Teth on
  • Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    They're the first to base servers out this way, though the Oceanic servers in WoW eventually had maintenance times changed to not be in prime time any longer.

Kelor on
  • Options
    Meatshie1dMeatshie1d Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I am a Rank 4 Goblin Shaman by the name of Nummy. Can someone with invite-powers in Six Mouths add me to friends so when I log on later today, I get an invite in?

We gotta get the stunties. RvR is fun. :) Most healed, and I was rank 2 when I joined.

Meatshie1d on
  • Options
    SelnerSelner Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    There's no level lock on crafting skills, is there? Can I just keep sending mats to my rank 8 gobbo for shroom brewing?

I do not believe there is. I have not heard anything about there being a max.

And if you happen to have any extra lvl25 seeds, I am open for donations :) .
    I was kind of crazy, the number of lvl75 and lvl100 seeds I passed on while PQing last night, because I didn't want to stock up just yet.

And last night's PQing was stuntie mass murder .
    First the Bloody Fen PQ in the Marsh, which I someone managed to come in first in contribution like 5 times in a row (as a Herder).
    Next was the Bawakka Wall or whatever it's called in Barak Varr. Many more dead stunties.

The Bloody Fen PQ was very nice, in that I didn't need the actual PQ bag any more, so ended up getting cash like 5 times. But, like three pieces of Herder gear dropped so I upgraded my bow and shoulders and a necklace I think. I did miss one piece, after another Herder showed up and beat my roll :p .

But I had to be handed those upgrades, as non-Herders were rolling on them. This wasn't broken/repairable gear. Herder-only drops, and several non-Herders were rolling on them. I think many people just click Need or Greed without even looking at the item. It's very annoying :p .

And I realized last night that game is basically forcing me to go to another Pairing now. As I've run out of level appropriate quests in Barak Varr and the Marsh. I'm lvl13, and the quests I have all involve Challenging monsters.
    So now I get to go grace one of the other lands with my prescense. I think I'll run around and pick up a handful of Titles I know of (Road Warden, Fearless, Surrounded by Swine) as well.

Also, after someone on Vent mentioned it, I checked out the Poisoned Spine attack of the Spiked Squig. It apparently does not work. No DoT appears on the target of the squig. Boo :p .

Selner on
  • Options
    ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I am level 18 and I still have not found a cloak

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    grrarggrrarg Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Selner wrote: »

I do not believe there is. I have not heard anything about there being a max.

I think there is a cap. 50 skill for each tier.

Level 10 = 50
    Level 20 =100
    Level 30 =150
    Level 40 =200

grrarg on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I think there is a cap. 50 skill for each tier.

Level 10 = 50
    Level 20 =100
    Level 30 =150
    Level 40 =200

I think it's actually independent of character Rank.

Here's a thread on WHA about it: http://www.warhammeralliance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105726

Selner on
  • Options
    IblisIblis Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Not sure if anyone's posted this yet, but on Warhammer Alliance I came across a post from Missy...
    Guild exp has to do with the number of players in the guild actually contributing exp. So if the alts are just hanging out and not exping, they shouldn't be detrimental to your guild's exp.

Iblis on
    Steam Account, 3DS FC: 5129-1652-5160, Origin ID: DamusWolf
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Hmmm... that is a very interesting post from Missy. But it still sounds like it is not in the best interest of the Primary Guild to have alts. As the alts still gain experience. Even Crafter who just hang out will get the benefit of Zone Control changes.

So I think The Seventh Mouth is still the way to go for alts. As alts are rarely "hanging out and not xping". People play them, just not quite as often.

Selner on
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Teth wrote: »

One disk isn't showing up in the drive. The other triggered a message that the disk was not working. and I don't think EB accepts returns on opened games

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited September 2008
    eelektrik wrote: »
    1st place in a PQ should be worth more than just +500 to your roll when they pick such a wide range of a random roll as 1-1000.

I disagree, because in the last 20 PQs i've done, I've only placed below first in one of them, and its because I died.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    1st place in a PQ should be worth more than just +500 to your roll when they pick such a wide range of a random roll as 1-1000.

- +500 is a huge advantage compared to the lower end of the pack who roll with +50 or +100
    - When you are the first place contributor, it doesn't mean that you are the only contributor. More often than not, the first place person isn't that much ahead of the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, or 5th.
    - It's not difficult to place 1st. It's not like you are out there carrying the PQ when everyone else is lollygagging about.
    - When there are 30 people in a PQ, why do you deserve loot over everyone else? Because you did some more damage or healing? Don't forget that no matter how much damage you've done in that PQ, you never would have completed it without the rest of the players who contributed along the way.

Also, for those just joining us, the roll bonuses were increased just before release.

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    acronomiconacronomicon Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Figgy wrote: »

- +500 is a huge advantage compared to the lower end of the pack who roll with +50 or +100
    - When you are the first place contributor, it doesn't mean that you are the only contributor. More often than not, the first place person isn't that much ahead of the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, or 5th.
    - It's not difficult to place 1st. It's not like you are out there carrying the PQ when everyone else is lollygagging about.
    - When there are 30 people in a PQ, why do you deserve loot over everyone else? Because you did some more damage or healing? Don't forget that no matter how much damage you've done in that PQ, you never would have completed it without the rest of the players who contributed along the way.

Also, for those just joining us, the roll bonuses were increased just before release.

And that doesn't even mention that PQ roll rewards are more icing on the cake than anything else. At least for me. If I get a good roll and some good loot out of the deal, great. But I'm not going to sit around grinding PQ's after I've capped my influence (unless it's to help some people out).

acronomicon on
    32340.jpg
  • Options
    chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Another blaaaargh. Another night with no scenario popping for my shaman on the Sea of Claws server. I'm beginning to think that it is a mistake to roll on this server. I'll give it a week or so to see if it settles out, but I'm not hopeful.

Does anyone else play during about the 9pm-12am EDT timeframe on Destruction side? When I log on, it seems like all servers either have balanced or Destruction heavy populations.

Maybe I should travel to on of the other races starting spots to see if scenarios pop more often there, but I'm not sure how to get to those other areas.

chrono_traveller on
    The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

One disk isn't showing up in the drive. The other triggered a message that the disk was not working. and I don't think EB accepts returns on opened games

If it's messed up they will exchange it.

Seidkona on
    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Teth wrote: »

Do you have a NZ/AU copy by any chance? There was a problem with many of those copies, and there is a solution on warhammeronline.com if you check the old herald posts.

If not, EB definitely does accept returns if the discs are defective. They will exchange them for the exact same game.

Figgy on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Another blaaaargh. Another night with no scenario popping for my shaman on the Sea of Claws server. I'm beginning to think that it is a mistake to roll on this server. I'll give it a week or so to see if it settles out, but I'm not hopeful.

Does anyone else play during about the 9pm-12am EDT timeframe on Destruction side? When I log on, it seems like all servers either have balanced or Destruction heavy populations.

Maybe I should travel to on of the other races starting spots to see if scenarios pop more often there, but I'm not sure how to get to those other areas.

Visit the flight master in your nearest warcamp.

Figgy on
  • Options
    OatsOats Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Had a few T3 scenarios pop last night.

Talabec Dam is fun. Stabbing the healers of the bomb holder are more fun. Getting around 800 RP when neither side could cap the bomb was awesome.

Oh, and I love movement barbs. They may as well be DoTs in RvR, because a healer standing still is a healer soon to die.

Oats on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    People are retards.

Mythic has decided to have different downtimes for US servers and the designated AU servers. They bring the servers down when the least number of people are playing, early in the AM.

Most people see this as a great thing, and it is. Then there are a few retards flipping out on WHA saying that the servers are down during "their primetime" and Mythic has failed as a company. Yes.. it's Mythic's fault that you play from 7am-9am. It's like there is some space and time in the day where Mythic can bring the servers down when the whole world is frozen... you know... those elusive hours between 7:00 and 7:01.

Figgy on
  • Options
    KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    KiTA wrote: »
    WOO! My HDD is at home. In theory, that means I can play this afternoon some.

That didn't pan out as well as I'd think. Got home aruond 8:30, ate and talked with family, 9-11 or so was the HDD reimaging itself (The Dell Reimage software is freaking sweet), etc etc.

So no real fun stuff. Things are running better now though -- although 2GB really isn't cutting it.

KiTA on
  • Options
    DissociaterDissociater Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Yay, fedex came yesterday with my CE while we were at work and didn't leave the game, so they're delivering it again today. My inability to play this game in almost 5 days despite the headstart has almost completely killed my enthusiasm for WAR, I'm actually going to be BEHIND the official launch people. Poor form EA, poor form :(

Dissociater on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Yay, fedex came yesterday with my CE while we were at work and didn't leave the game, so they're delivering it again today. My inability to play this game in almost 5 days despite the headstart has almost completely killed my enthusiasm for WAR, I'm actually going to be BEHIND the official launch people. Poor form EA, poor form :(

Brick & Mortar next time. I think we've learned our lesson.

Mine hasn't even tried to deliver yet.. fucking Source

Figgy on
  • Options
    chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

I don't think I've made it to the warcamp yet (or if I have I must have missed the flight master). I'm in chapter 3 in the Greenskin lands. Anyone know what the name of the warcamp in the area is?

chrono_traveller on
    The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    edited September 2008

I don't think I've made it to the warcamp yet (or if I have I must have missed the flight master). I'm in chapter 3 in the Greenskin lands. Anyone know what the name of the warcamp in the area is?

It's right beside the RVR area of the zone--the red shaded area on your map.

Figgy on
  • Options
    DissociaterDissociater Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

Brick & Mortar next time. I think we've learned our lesson.

Mine hasn't even tried to deliver yet.. fucking Source

Ouch, I at least got an e-mail friday evening saying it's been shipped, but I'm still waiting...

Dissociater on
  • Options
    Achilles Last StandAchilles Last Stand Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    So last night in the Khaine PVP map?

Well. I play a rank 11 sorc. I was playing with my friend, who rerolled a gobbo shaman just for shits and giggles. The order side captures both flags while I am right next to the flag, surrounded by like 7 or 8 people.

So I used grip of fear and then flee. The ensuing explosion killed all eight of them.

Achilles Last Stand on
    steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.