As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WAR] Servers up, social lives down.

• SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    One more question - are Witch Hunters the rogues of Warhammer? I want to play one so badly but I suspect everyone else does, too.

Sort of, them and Witch Elves, but the stealth isn't as good or as permanent, and apparently Witch Elves are noticeably better than Hunters right now.

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • TimmerTimmer Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    One more question - are Witch Hunters the rogues of Warhammer? I want to play one so badly but I suspect everyone else does, too.

Which way? WH and WEs play the closest to WoW rogues but are you asking if they're super popular? That answer, at least in my experience, is no. Honestly, while some people have mentioned BWs I haven't noticed an extreme population of any one class -- they seem balanced. But I've definitely seen fewer WHs than tanks, for instance. Then again I mainly notice the classes that are in my face which is usually tanks or other healers.

Timmer on
  • OatsOats Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

They're kinda like a rogue but also not. More emphasis on finishers and positional combat, and a lot less on stealth. All of the openers out of stealth are reactive, one hurts the enemy when they try to stab, one hurts the enemy when they try to run and the last hurts them when they try to cast.

Oats on
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    After literally years of Roguery, there's no way I'm touching pure melee dps with a 10 foot pole. Tanks, healers and ranged all look good, leaning towards healer (since they often seem to have a ranged component as well, and if I'm not mistaken, one of them can off tank?)

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    Figgy wrote: »
    Glal wrote: »
    How does Apothecary work with regards to main ingredients? It seems that the moment I stick a green/level 25 main ingredient in the thing, even with a skill of 33, it'll explode in my face. Even though it's showing the same "lol, 50%" instability as every other non-100% recipe.
    If a certain combo of matts explodes at the "might be stable" level, it will always explode. There is no random factor, so find a different combination.
    You need to use a higher level "don't explode, please" ingredient, or two of the level 1 items. It's just a hard and fast rule for al level 25 main ingredients. You kinda have to tinker to figure some of it out.
    Do I need to make it a 100% recipe, or will a "might be stable" solution suffice? (ie, should I just give up on all "might be stable" recipes for level 25 ingredients)

Glal on
  • mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    So any PA'ers hanging about on EU realms?

Couldnt find any info in the op.

Also, I'm currently rolling a warrior priest, aiming to be a healer, but any other classes that are in short demand? I honestly wanna try all, but would rather play something that would be useful.

mere_immortal on
    Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Forar wrote: »
    After literally years of Roguery, there's no way I'm touching pure melee dps with a 10 foot pole. Tanks, healers and ranged all look good, leaning towards healer (since they often seem to have a ranged component as well, and if I'm not mistaken, one of them can off tank?)

I've been killed more by warrior priests than any other class I think. Or at least it feels that way. I play as Chosen, but I suspect I'll be able to fare better once I get my AP draining ability.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Ack, sorry to bother you all again, but I got the game and I'm trying to register an account and before I can confirm its asking for a payment method. I don't have a Game Card and I dont have a credit card, I just want to authorize and play my one month free. Help?

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • kildykildy Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Ack, sorry to bother you all again, but I got the game and I'm trying to register an account and before I can confirm its asking for a payment method. I don't have a Game Card and I dont have a credit card, I just want to authorize and play my one month free. Help?

Pick any method, it won't ask you for any details yet.

kildy on
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    kildy wrote: »

I selected "Game Card" and hit continue, a screen came up asking for the code, I hit continue again and it won't let me go forward, it says "Code is required"

edited September 2008
    Malkor wrote: »
    Forar wrote: »

I've been killed more by warrior priests than any other class I think. Or at least it feels that way. I play as Chosen, but I suspect I'll be able to fare better once I get my AP draining ability.

Nah, what's killing you is less the melee, and more the unmitigated damage from things like Prayer of Righteousness. Divine Assault should also be something other than melee damage from what I recall of the late patch notes. Essentially why WPs are killing you is that a smalll chunk of their damage doesn't have a resist type or take armor/toughness into account. Same deal with DoKs and some morales. "Magical" is a damage type that's always static.

Black Orcs are a paaaaain to kill as a WP. Just because it takes so long and they block everything under the sun. Chosen are far squishier since they tend not to block/parry divine assault tics.

kildy on
  • vonPoonBurGervonPoonBurGer Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I selected "Game Card" and hit continue, a screen came up asking for the code, I hit continue again and it won't let me go forward, it says "Code is required"
    Then use credit card and enter no details. I'm 99% positive I read somewhere that you can play the free month without entering any payment details.

vonPoonBurGer on
    Xbox Live:vonPoon | PSN: vonPoon | Steam: vonPoonBurGer
    edited September 2008

Huh, try credit card. I have a pre-existing account, so maybe that's why it let me pick Credit Card One Month and never asked me for any information at all.

kildy on
    edited September 2008
    Tried going credit card, didn't enter anything, and got an error "Credit card number is required"

• vonPoonBurGervonPoonBurGer Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Essentially why WPs are killing you is that a smalll chunk of their damage doesn't have a resist type or take armor/toughness into account. Same deal with DoKs and some morales. "Magical" is a damage type that's always static.
    Untyped damage? God, I hope not. As far as I'm aware, every ability is supposed to have a damage type. The ones that list no damage type are physical damage and should be mitigated by armor. If they're going unmitigated, it's a bug that will probably get fixed.

vonPoonBurGer on
    Xbox Live:vonPoon | PSN: vonPoon | Steam: vonPoonBurGer
  • Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Yeah, my DoK deals physical and spiritual damage, I don't know about this "untyped" damage business.

EDIT: Oh... wait. Soul Rend. It's not really meant for damage, and it can be blocked, parried, and so on, so it's not a big deal.

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • YathrinYathrin Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Tried going credit card, didn't enter anything, and got an error "Credit card number is required"

You need a credit card or game card to activate the account. If you use a credit card you can cancel right away so it doesn't bill you in a month.

Yathrin on
    Deirdan.png
    card.png
    edited September 2008
    Essentially why WPs are killing you is that a smalll chunk of their damage doesn't have a resist type or take armor/toughness into account. Same deal with DoKs and some morales. "Magical" is a damage type that's always static.
    Untyped damage? God, I hope not. As far as I'm aware, every ability is supposed to have a damage type. The ones that list no damage type are physical damage and should be mitigated by armor. If they're going unmitigated, it's a bug that will probably get fixed.

It was specifically changed to unmitigated. The prayer may change (it's odd that it is), but the Divine Assault/Rend thing is because it's their spike heal, and the healing is based on damage done. So in order for it to not Suck against anything with armor, it's untyped.

kildy on
    edited September 2008
    But she doesn't have a credit card. That's what sucks. All I can say is borrow your boyfriend's and then cancel the account right after you enter it. I had to do that for a friend I played WoW with, he didn't have a credit card so I got his account info and set him up using mine.

Fig-D on
    edited September 2008
    Fig-D wrote: »
    But she doesn't have a credit card. That's what sucks. All I can say is borrow your boyfriend's and then cancel the account right after you enter it. I had to do that for a friend I played WoW with, he didn't have a credit card so I got his account info and set him up using mine.

My boyfriend doesn't have a credit card. I am going to try calling family members and if that doesn't work I am going to tear my own arms off and beat myself to death with them in rage.

edited September 2008
    Yeah, my DoK deals physical and spiritual damage, I don't know about this "untyped" damage business.

All morales are untyped. Rend is untyped, though seems to be level effected. Prayer of Righteousness is oddly untyped and not level dependent (it will proc for 100 damage against an even level opponent or a +30 hero). A few other odd skills are like this as well. "Magical" is a damage type with no resist associated with it, and is used for things not intended to be mitigated.

kildy on
  • YathrinYathrin Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

It was specifically changed to unmitigated. The prayer may change (it's odd that it is), but the Divine Assault/Rend thing is because it's their spike heal, and the healing is based on damage done. So in order for it to not Suck against anything with armor, it's untyped.

I'm not sure thats true, I know I was hanging back healing a pack of Sorcesses in Khaine's Embrace and was using a White Lions pet that was attacking one of the sorceress's and I was healing for far less than on mobs or squishy players.

I know, a DoK hanging back and keeping the ranged DPS up, crazy talk...

Yathrin on
    Deirdan.png
    card.png
  • SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

My boyfriend doesn't have a credit card. I am going to try calling family members and if that doesn't work I am going to tear my own arms off and beat myself to death with them in rage.

Sadly, this is the standard for all MMOs that I know of. Presumably, it's there to try and catch an extra billed month or two if you forget to unsubscribe, or to only offer you the free month and the server bandwidth if you're willing or able to provide an upfront assurance of ability to pay.

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
    edited September 2008

All morales are untyped. Rend is untyped, though seems to be level effected. Prayer of Righteousness is oddly untyped and not level dependent (it will proc for 100 damage against an even level opponent or a +30 hero). A few other odd skills are like this as well. "Magical" is a damage type with no resist associated with it, and is used for things not intended to be mitigated.

Bah, I was editing my post about Soul Rend while you were typing that. :P

Soul Rend CAN, however, be blocked and parried. I've experienced this myself.

As for Morales, I'll be honest, I've only been using healing ones.

Fig-D on
  • ElementalorElementalor Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I was actually thinking last night it'd be really nice if you could choose which loot bag you wanted, from the ones left etc.

You mean pick the green bag if you won the blue? Or something?

Every bag gives the options of the lower bag's loot, but you can't purposely not take the bag. I do believe you can trade the unopened bag, however. I've never tried, the message is simply that items IN it may be BoP.

Really? I'm only at the end of T1 so I don't know how it works later, but say with green and white bags, in a particular PQ, the green one's equipment was shoes and I saw everyone with the white one pull out armor. It was probably crappy, but I wanted to see the stats I'd get but the only times I didn't wanna win top, is when I did, so I kept getting shoes. =P

Does this change later on? or do the blue ones have what green/white have? Also the bags are BoP I'm pretty sure.

Elementalor on
    Marvel Future Fight: dElementalor
    FFBE: 898,311,440
    Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/dElementalor
  • <3<3 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    anyone on from TSM that can invite?

<3 on
  • king awesomeking awesome Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I put my app up on TSM site, anyone in game I should just send a message to to get an invite? I want to start doing some grouping with all the PA people and start crushing some Order :)

king awesome on
    Bigsushi.fm
    Listen to our podcast, read our articles, tell us how much you hate it and how to make it better ;)
    edited September 2008
    To Elementalor:

Your green bag should have had a white belt or something right underneath the boots in the loot choices.

Fig-D on
    edited September 2008

Bah, I was editing my post about Soul Rend while you were typing that. :P

Soul Rend CAN, however, be blocked and parried. I've experienced this myself.

As for Morales, I'll be honest, I've only been using healing ones.

Soul Rend/Divine Assault can be blocked/parried/yadda yadda. It's just an odd damage type because it used to heal for like, 200 damage if you hit a chosen with it for all 4 tics, versus it's intended 1000. Essentially it was worse than using the silly Heal/Hot spell half the time.

The only odd ones I know off the top of my heal are Righteousness (no idea WHY that's not mitigated by anything, even level), and a swordmaster was telling me one of his DoTs had the same effect (same damage every time, no matter mob level)

kildy on
  • INeedNoSaltINeedNoSalt with blood on my teeth Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    So I have to re-position my chat box every time I log in. It never sticks. How do I fix this. D:

INeedNoSalt on
  • ElementalorElementalor Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Fig-D: Probably did, but I'm pretty sure the white bags were getting chest armor of some type. I'll double check on myself next time I can get on.

Elementalor on
    Marvel Future Fight: dElementalor
    FFBE: 898,311,440
    Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/dElementalor
  • KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I love my marauder so much. And the RvR.

I picked up a blue ring from a dead dwarf after killing him. I killed him GOOD.
    I'm rank 10 now with RR 7.

Please tell me that the RvR stays as awesome as it is now.

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    witch elf is the best. and yes, the RvR is pretty awesome still considering you haven't even seen a keep siege yet.

tyrannus on
    edited September 2008
    I can't help but laugh everytime I see Fig-D:

Anywho, that sucks Elementalor, each bag having everything below it is how it *should* work, but stuff happens I guess.

Fig-D on
  • Cynic JesterCynic Jester Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Klyka wrote: »
    I love my marauder so much. And the RvR.

I picked up a blue ring from a dead dwarf after killing him. I killed him GOOD.
    I'm rank 10 now with RR 7.

Please tell me that the RvR stays as awesome as it is now.

No.
    It gets better once you get into propah RvR.

Cynic Jester on
  • KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Yesssssssssss!

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • TimmerTimmer Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    So I have to re-position my chat box every time I log in. It never sticks. How do I fix this. D:

This happened to me for a while but then suddenly things started sticking. I do have all my windows locked but that didn't seem to help instantly. I did submit a bug for it, too.

Timmer on
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited September 2008
    Hey Cass, does the mythic account page not accept paypal? I seem to remember paypal being an option for something I paid for recently.

Unknown User on
  • SelnerSelner Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    How does Apothecary work with regards to main ingredients? It seems that the moment I stick a green/level 25 main ingredient in the thing, even with a skill of 33, it'll explode in my face. Even though it's showing the same "lol, 50%" instability as every other non-100% recipe.

How many stabilizers are you putting in?
    You can add three stabilizers. If it is still unstable, you need higher quality stabilizers.

Two Cloudy Waters should keep a lvl25 stable, or a single Fizzling Water.

Or, if you are a Butcher you can use Zoic Gore, those are stabilizers too. I forget the exact names, but there are lvl1 and a lvl25 Zoic Gores.

I think the multiple stabilizer thing has been tripping many folks up, as they didn't realize you could put more than one in.

Also, as another point, once you get to 50 Apothecary you can buy Thin Vials from the vendor. Those vials are naturally more stable. You only need a single lvl1 water for lvl1 (and maybe lvl25?) main ingredients. Whereas with the lvl1 vials, it always takes two waters/gores to stabilize things.

I personaly do not try and make things unless they are at 100% success.

Selner on
  • BitstreamBitstream Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    NEW WAAAGHSTICK GET!
    Gnaw_curse.jpg

Bitstream on
This discussion has been closed.