As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WAR] Servers up, social lives down.

1585960616264»

• Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Haha, that screen is perfect. The second I saw it I heard the item get tune from zelda in my head.

-SPI- on
  • Options
    ToothyToothy Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Where can you buy the Fizzling Waters?

I need to go to the AH.

Toothy on
  • Options
    SelnerSelner Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

I need to go to the AH.

They are not availabe on the vendor, they are Scavenged. So there might be some available on the AH.

Also, as I mentioned, you can get Primal Zoic Gore via Butchering. It's a lvl25 Apoth stabilizer.

Selner on
  • Options
    HilleanHillean Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Toothy wrote: »

I need to go to the AH.

Scavengers.

Hillean on
    greenguy1980.jpg
  • Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Do different races have different starting areas? My bro and I were going to make a couple of characters and I didn't want to spend half an hour just trying to get to him

DaMoonRulz on
    3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    MistaCreepyMistaCreepy Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Hillean wrote: »
    Toothy wrote: »

I need to go to the AH.

Scavengers.

Yup. I mustve scavenged about 7 or 8 of those things while farming a PQ last night.

MistaCreepy on
    PS3: MistaCreepy::Steam: MistaCreepy::360: Dead and I don't feel like paying to fix it.
  • Options
    A-PuckA-Puck Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    Do different races have different starting areas? My bro and I were going to make a couple of characters and I didn't want to spend half an hour just trying to get to him

yes, though it doesn't take that long to get to a warcamp and fly over. Like 10 mins or so if you just run from the start.

A-Puck on
    Soon... soon I will install you, my precious.
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008

5 minutes. That's it. Oh.. and 50 copper... so kill some things along the way.

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    acronomiconacronomicon Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

Yeah, they've got different areas...but the walk isn't so bad to get from one to the other. One of you runs to the nearest warcamp, gets on a flight master and flies to the others zone. Kill a thing or two along the way to get 50 copper to pay for the trip, and you're good to go. Traveling from one race's starting zone to the other isn't as deadly as it is in some other MMORPGs.

acronomicon on
    32340.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Yeah I didnt even know about the flight masters until yesterday. Took a ride over to the invitable city and holy shit. Its like I stumbled into hell. I saw these things walking around... plague revelers or something. I right clicked on one to see if it would talk to me but didnt notice the sword icon until it was too late. Motherfucker one shotted me. I had my first true n00b moment last night :lol:

MistaCreepy on
    PS3: MistaCreepy::Steam: MistaCreepy::360: Dead and I don't feel like paying to fix it.
  • Options
    king awesomeking awesome Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    My free time has been limited so I've just been focusing on trying to level when I can. Almost rank 10 wooo. But my question is about crafting. I haven't even touched it yet cause of lack of free time. As far as apoth vs. talismans though. Is there a huge difference on which I should take depending on class? As a magus is there a clear better choice? Or are they both about equal in utility?

king awesome on
    Bigsushi.fm
    Listen to our podcast, read our articles, tell us how much you hate it and how to make it better ;)
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    A question about tailsman making... what the fuck do you do? My scavenging only gets me apoth shit. Where do I get the materials to make tailsmans?

MistaCreepy on
  • Options
    ToothyToothy Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    ZOMG. I need to get friends with different trade skills.

Toothy on
  • Options
    SifakaSifaka Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Bitstream wrote: »
    NEW WAAAGHSTICK GET!
    Gnaw_curse.jpg

I have much love for that model.

Edit:

Does anyone know of a good map of the warhammer online world?

Sifaka on
  • Options
    chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    A question about tailsman making... what the fuck do you do? My scavenging only gets me apoth shit. Where do I get the materials to make tailsmans?

This took me a bit to figure out, but there is a difference between "scavenging" and "magical scavenging". I forget who taught me magical scavenging (some guy at Da War Maker in greenskin land), but its essentially WAR's version of disenchanting. Take a green (or higher) item, click magical scavenging and you get magical essences (ie shards). The other ingredients you need can be bought or just dropped from mobs.

When you magical scavenge, you get a choice of what kind of talisman it could make. I magical scavenged a shaman staff I upgraded and it gave me the choice of either getting a +willpower or +int thingy that I could use to make a talisman of the corresponding stat.

chrono_traveller on
    The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    DAMN YOU AMAZON! I don't have my game yet, and the head start died. FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKK.

spookymuffin on
    PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
  • Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    That's called Salvaging. This is semi-helpful; not very detailed, but at least there's some info there. Scroll down for other posts, it's not just about talisman making.

Glal on
  • Options
    mugginnsmugginns Jawsome Fresh CoastRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Fig-D wrote: »
    But she doesn't have a credit card. That's what sucks. All I can say is borrow your boyfriend's and then cancel the account right after you enter it. I had to do that for a friend I played WoW with, he didn't have a credit card so I got his account info and set him up using mine.

My boyfriend doesn't have a credit card. I am going to try calling family members and if that doesn't work I am going to tear my own arms off and beat myself to death with them in rage.
    Drive to the store and purchase a game card.

mugginns on
    E26cO.jpg
  • Options
    MorskittarMorskittar Lord Warlock Engineer SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
  • Options
    Super_HappySuper_Happy Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Never mind

Super_Happy on