As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Warhammer Online: 1.01 goes live tomorrow!

MorskittarMorskittar Lord Warlock EngineerSeattleRegistered User regular
edited October 2008 in MMO Extravaganza
WARHAMMER ONLINE: AGE OF RECKONING

Penny Arcade currently has two active guilds:[/COLOR]

Candymancers on Order, an organization of Holy Servants of Sigmar, short drunken men and Wise, Ancient Masters of War. ON AVERHEIM
The Six Mouths on Destruction, a useless mob of ne'er-do-wells and vile miscreants. ON ULTHUAN

/who candymancers or /who the six mouths to find a member and ask to join or /chan candymancers or /chan TSM and a guild representative will be right with you!

Server List at bottom of OP.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKOhzfkCdbY
That should be all we need in way of introduction, at this point.

For those interested in playing, important dates are:

- September 18th: WAR is released.
- Forever after that: You don't move from your computer. Period.

For more information, watch the podcasts.

For PA impressions, and whatnot, check out the WAR FAQ thread.

Adding this by request, and because it's generally kickass and useful.
Akira wrote: »
Alright since this seems to bring up a lot of questions I have compiled an FAQ and location guide for the first two tiers of Renown gear.

Renown Gear and You: What is it and where do I get it?

"Renown Gear" is armor and weapons you can buy from certain vendors that has both a level and Renown rank requirement, usually the Renown rank requirement is about 2/3rds of your actual level (so it would take level 9 and Renown rank 6 for example). Also, as of September 7th, some T2 Renown gear has the wrong stats (the Magus at least) and this will presumably be fixed in the future (hopefully soon). The 10/6 gear from the last preview weekend is gone, it was intended for use in an old test phase and was left in accidentally. Similar gear is available now from 11/7 to 16/11

Where to get it:

The first number refers to level requirement, the second is Renown rank requirement (i.e. 11/7 means you need level 11 and Renown rank 7). The "sets" aren't really sets and don't have bonuses or anything but they represent a loose tiering of gear. Common is "white" gear, Uncommon is "green" gear.

T1 Zones
the first "set" is sold in both the starter quest hub area and the Warcamp, while the second set is sold only at the Warcamp.

First "set"

2/1: Boots (Common)

3/2: Gloves and Accessory 1 (Common)

4/2: Belt, Accessory 2 and Weapon/Shield (Common)

5/3: Body and Accessory 3 (Common)

Second "set"

6/4: Boots (Uncommon)

7/4: Gloves and Accessory 1 (Uncommon)

8/5: Belt, Accessory 2 and Weapon/Shield (Uncommon)

9/6: Body and Accessory 3 (Uncommon)

T2 Zones
bought at the top floor of PvP area Keeps.

First "set"

11/7: Boots (Uncommon)

12/8: Gloves and Belt (Uncommon)

13/9: Shoulders and Accessory 1 (Uncommon)

14/9: Body, Accessory 2 and Weapon/Shield (Uncommon)

15/10: Accessory 3 (Uncommon)

16/11: Helm (Common)

Second "set"

16/11: Boots (Uncommon)

17/11: Gloves and Belt(Uncommon)

18/12: Shoulder and Accessory 1(Uncommon)

19/13: Helm, Accessory 2 and Weapon/Shield (Uncommon)

20/14: Body and Accessory 3 (Uncommon)

21/14: Cloak (Common)

Server List and Rulesets For Launch
James Nichols | From the Dev Team | 09/11/2008 @ 04:14:00 EST
WAAAGH!!!

Servers, servers - get'ya servers! Below you will find the server names we anticipate being available at Launch. These will begin going live Sunday, September 14th with the Collector’s Edition Head Start and will continue to roll out leading up to Launch on September 18th.

Players will be able to choose from four server types: Core, Open RvR, Roleplay, and a hybrid Roleplay/Open RvR ruleset. We will continue to open up servers supporting different server types as the need arises.

Core Ruleset

Core servers are just what you’d expect. These are servers that have everything Warhammer has to offer, with no special changes to the normal ruleset. RvR is confined to lakes and Scenarios, and there are two opposing realms engaged in the WAR. Players may only engage in Player vs. Player combat when flagged to do so in specific areas around the world. Select a Core ruleset server for the original exciting gameplay experience that WAR was designed to offer.

Open RvR Ruleset

The Open RvR servers feature RvR flagging everywhere except for the Tier 1 Chapter area and the surrounding PvE content. Once players leave this area, they will be flagged for RvR anywhere in the game. Open RvR servers are perfect for those who want to add an extra challenge to their gaming experience. Players must constantly watch their backs or risk attack by enemies everywhere they go! Only members of opposing realms may attack each other; the Open RvR server still focuses on Order versus Destruction.

Rules:

- Players are always RvR flagged from the moment they log in
- Chapter 1 hubs and capital cities are safe
- There is no bolster buff in RvR lakes
- Players will be chickened when entering an area that is two tiers below their level (ex. A Tier 3 player entering a Tier 1 area.)

Roleplay and Roleplay/Open RvR

Any server flagged as Roleplay will follow the same rules as above, but with an additional set of guidelines. These servers are for those players who enjoy truly immersing themselves into the Warhammer lore by acting as their characters’ personalities in-game. Players who opt to participate on a Role Playing server must agree to far more specific rules regarding naming, and it is suggested that players would adhere to WAR or high fantasy conduct and behavior.

Oceanic Server List

Darklands - Core

Ironclaw - Core

Anlec - Open RvR

Lustria - Roleplay

Lucan - Core

Marius- Core

North American Server List

Red Eye Mountain - Core

Skull Throne - Core

Badlands - Core

Sylvania - Core

Volkmar - Core

Hochland - Open RvR

Wolfenburg - Open RvR

Dark Crag - Open RvR

Phoenix Throne - Roleplay

Chaos Wastes - RP/Open RvR

Monolith - Core

Saphery - Core

Thorgrim - Core

Heldenhammer - Core

Sea of Claws - Core

Wasteland - Core

Sea of Malice - Core

Drakwald - Core

Ironfist - Core

Drifting Castle - Core

Praag - Open RvR

Wurtbad - Open RvR

Stoutheart - Open RvR

Artois - Open RvR

Southlands - Open RvR

Bugman - Open RvR

Skavenblight - Roleplay

Avelorn - Roleplay

Ostermark - Roleplay

Tower of Doom - RP/Open RvR

Vaul's Anvil - RP/Open RvR
[/quote]

Great webpage with Maps.
bearded-gobbo.jpg

snm_sig.jpg
Morskittar on

• Options
    A-PuckA-Puck Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I was just about to go stumping for someone to make a new thread. Thanks

A-Puck on
    Soon... soon I will install you, my precious.
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    One thing bad about WAR is that it sucks during off-hours. Not enough people for PQs, Scenarios, World PvP, anything sometimes.

captaink on
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    captaink wrote: »
    One thing bad about MMOs is that it sucks during off-hours. Not enough people for PQs, Scenarios, World PvP, anything sometimes.

That's what PVE is for. Sure, the rest is much more fun, but it's there for when you can't do those things..... other MMOs really only have the boring PVE to choose from.

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    Shorn Scrotum ManShorn Scrotum Man Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    One thing bad about WAR is that it sucks during off-hours. Not enough people for PQs, Scenarios, World PvP, anything sometimes.

That's when I actually bother to do the PvE quests. That and Grind Stage 1 of a couple PQ's for influence.

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TimmerTimmer Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Why does the OP keep using an incomplete server list? Or is it just supposed to be the initial servers?

Timmer on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Figgy wrote: »

That's what PVE is for. Sure, the rest is much more fun, but it's there for when you can't do those things..... other MMOs really only have the boring PVE to choose from.

To be fair, WAR is much pickier on populations than most other MMOs.

Timmer on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    One thing bad about MMOs is that it sucks during off-hours. Not enough people for PQs, Scenarios, World PvP, anything sometimes.

But in WAR it's exacerbated by the amount of things to do. Your small population gets split between 3 pairings, a bunch of PQs, and 3 scenarios.

In other games the relative lack of content actually helps funnel people into the same places, here that's not happening.

captaink on
  • Options
    ociousocious Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I love this game. Yet my stupid stupid friends have been in town since launch, and they always to go have 'fun'. Don't they know that fun is sitting by yourself in a dark room interacting with a cold lifeless machine?

I get to play again tomorrow night, finally.

ocious on
    Life is a ____ , depending on how you dress her.
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I hate you guys. Here I am trying to wean myself back from the harsh "monkey on my back" that is WoW, and here you all are, having fun in ANOTHER MMO, tempting me with giant keep sieges and new classes and worlds and a tome and awesome public quests and.... it's a good thing I'm at work right now, otherwise I'd probably be installing right now while trying to figure out which Destruction healer class I want to play.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008

But in WAR it's exacerbated by the amount of things to do. Your small population gets split between 3 pairings, a bunch of PQs, and 3 scenarios.

In other games the relative lack of content actually helps funnel people into the same places, here that's not happening.

In the same places to finish solo-able PVE quests... so what's the point?

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    Super_HappySuper_Happy Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Yes, new thread. It will be 100+ pages by the next time I post. I’m interested in the opinion of non-Games workshop fans on the background, story and feel of WAR (lore or fluff if you’re a table top gamer). As a long time GW fan (of the worlds, not so much the company) I can’t get enough of this games story lines. I find myself unable to skip quests because I would be missing out. I have also determined that I must play at lest one character of every race all the way thru it’s paring. So is it as good if you are new to the Warhammer setting?

Super_Happy on
  • Options
    zilozilo Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Yes. Yes it is.

zilo on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

In the same places to finish solo-able PVE quests... so what's the point?

My point is that it would be nice to be able to do things during the day, but it's really a crapshoot.

captaink on
  • Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Forar wrote: »
    I hate you guys. Here I am trying to wean myself back from the harsh "monkey on my back" that is WoW, and here you all are, having fun in ANOTHER MMO, tempting me with giant keep sieges and new classes and worlds and a tome and awesome public quests and.... it's a good thing I'm at work right now, otherwise I'd probably be installing right now while trying to figure out which Destruction healer class I want to play.

Shaman.

Now take your lunch break and start installing.

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    DayDay Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    You want to play Shaman =P

Day on
    Currently Playing: TF2/Audiosurf
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/Daymion
  • Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I think I'll be getting WAR this weekend.

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    4rch3nemy4rch3nemy Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Shaman.
    Go.

I love this game so far, and can't stop making alts. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing because there's ALWAYS people to play something with somewhere so I won't be missing out.

4rch3nemy on
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited September 2008
    You want to play a Zealot actually.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    risumonrisumon Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

I am sure the game is still maturing and given time this will be less of an issue. For RvR at least, PQs will prolly just be an inf grind during off hours.

Camelot was kind of the same way, but over time people just realized they liked RvR in emain macha best so it became the de facto zone to go look for a fight. I foresee something similar here where one zone or scenario will be most common and have decent activity even during the off hours. It kind of sucks, but oh well nothing really to do about it.

risumon on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Forar wrote: »

One of us, one of us, one of us. . .

Seidkona on
    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Fig-D wrote: »
    Shaman.
    Day wrote: »
    You want to play Shaman =P
    4rch3nemy wrote: »
    Shaman.
    Go.

We should all go make-out in a corner or something. Robothero can watch.

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    ElementalorElementalor Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Man the people in the healer thread are making DoK/zealot sound miiighty fun compared to shaman.

Do we get a root? I didn't see one in wardb when i semi-skimmed. i want shammy pwnage CC!(I see the knockback with 60 sec CD at like R25)

Elementalor on
    Marvel Future Fight: dElementalor
    FFBE: 898,311,440
    Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/dElementalor
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Man the people in the healer thread are making DoK/zealot sound miiighty fun compared to shaman.

Do we get a root? I didn't see one in wardb when i semi-skimmed. i want shammy pwnage CC!(I see the knockback with 60 sec CD at like R25)

Shaman get the best CC in the game

Timmer on
  • Options
    Shorn Scrotum ManShorn Scrotum Man Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

I don't know, but I doubt it.

Generally in scenarios you'll be surrounded by squig herders though, and they have plenty of rootage.

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    VicVic Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I chose the worst server. Why the hell are even more people making characters in an already full realm? Quit poaching my queue spots ye damn outsiders!

Vic on
  • Options
    ElementalorElementalor Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Friends of friends of friends etc?

Elementalor on
    Marvel Future Fight: dElementalor
    FFBE: 898,311,440
    Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/dElementalor
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I play a shaman

Unknown User on
  • Options
    ToothyToothy Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Well, Forar, just stop posting in the WoW thread and start posting here. We're a friendly mob/pack/WAAAGH!!!!

Also, thanks for the profession link, whomever posted it.

Toothy on
  • Options
    SifakaSifaka Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I play a shaman as well... let's face it every one wants to be part of da Waaagh!

Sifaka on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I'd rather be playing a black guard

Unknown User on
  • Options
    DracilDracil Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Nono, don't roll a Shaman or a Zealot. Roll a Runepriest and come play with us Candymancers. :D

You'll get FASTER queues and CANDY! :D

Dracil on
    3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
  • Options
    MoosehatIVMoosehatIV Saw a blimp once Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Stupid delivery man bringing my damn CE box to my house at like 10 in the morning. Doesn't he know that some peoples drinking schedules do not allow them to be asleep in their own beds at that hour? Maybe some of us don't get home before noon. Did you think of that mr delivery man?

MoosehatIV on
  • Options
    FryholeFryhole Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    SO, important stuff - are Gobbos considered Orcs AND goblins, or just goblins?

Fryhole on
  • Options
    SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Dracil wrote: »
    Nono, don't roll a Shaman or a Zealot. Roll a Runepriest and come play with us Candymancers. :D

And get steamrolled in RvR?

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

Roll a runepriest and heal me while I run into a pile of sixteen witch elves and then get mad if I die!

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    kildykildy Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I will say Six Mouths are fun to fight against. Though dear god, can order please hold a keep long enough for me to go shopping?

kildy on
  • Options
    KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Septus wrote: »

The teams are even player-number wise, and more Destro means more idiots, like stupid Chaos ... tanks? Running up to Bright Wizards and deciding it would be really awesome to start throwing axes at them.

KiTA on
  • Options
    DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2008
    I just spent my third mastery point, and was expecting to get the tactic that was labeled at that level. Why did this not happen?

Doc on
  • Options
    kildykildy Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Doc wrote: »
    I just spent my third mastery point, and was expecting to get the tactic that was labeled at that level. Why did this not happen?

Costs a point to buy the unlocked ability.

kildy on
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Septus wrote: »

Hmm, would you rather have a tough time in RvR since you're the underdog, or be in such a large group that you never actually get to feel that you, as an individual, accomplished anything at all?

Don't pick a side BECAUSE it's the more populous side. You get fewer scenarios, longer queues and you're perpetuating the problem.

Also, the Candymancers took, what was it, five keeps Friday night? I think it was five. Steamrolled we were not.

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
This discussion has been closed.