As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Chuck: Inside a Freakish Bubble of Handsomeness

• TheRealBadgerTheRealBadger Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I really do like this show. My main problem with it is that everytime I watch it I get the theme song stuck in my head for about a week. I'll be walking around the house singing that bassline "dooooo do doodle oo, do doodle do dooo do doodle oo"

TheRealBadger on
  • MetacortexMetacortex The Prettiest Zombie Coeur d'CoeursRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I really do like this show. My main problem with it is that everytime I watch it I get the theme song stuck in my head for about a week. I'll be walking around the house singing that bassline "dooooo do doodle oo, do doodle do dooo do doodle oo"

I also enjoy the opening credits.

The rest of the show is pretty awesome as well.

Metacortex on
    4FNao2T.png
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vd34vJohGXc

Centipede Damascus on
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited September 2008

the first time they played the theme (in like the third episode or something) I was like "holy crap they used a cake song, this is perfect"

also I'm glad that they added some of the other cast members to the opening credits

DJ Eebs on
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I just watched the first episode again on my lunch break (yay iPhone) and it was still pretty awesome.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I'm really excited for the second season, and also really bummed that NBC thought it would be a better idea to have 3 hours worth of Heroes related television than to just show Chuck last Monday as well.

Marathon on
  • GRMikeGRMike The Last Best Hope for Humanity The God Pod Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    This might be my current favorite hour long program.

GRMike on
  • Dr.FunkensteinDr.Funkenstein Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    GRMike wrote: »
    This might be my current favorite hour long program.

Dr.Funkenstein on
    TERRORSQUADSIG.gif
  • KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I have a friend who absolutely refuses to watch this show because she "Doesn't like primetime representations of nerds or spys"

She gets angry when I wonder why she hates good.

Khavall on
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008

the first time they played the theme (in like the third episode or something) I was like "holy crap they used a cake song, this is perfect"

also I'm glad that they added some of the other cast members to the opening credits

I find it funny that Captain Awesome has billing over Ellie.

Moriveth on
    edited September 2008
    Moriveth wrote: »

I find it funny that Captain Awesome has billing over Ellie.

technically yeah, but I think the people labeled with "and (name)" tend to be more important!

DJ Eebs on
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Oh really? Huh, I was under the impression that 'starring' was basically top billing and 'featuring' was "well okay they're in here too".

Moriveth on
    edited September 2008
    well, captain awesome wasn't even in the opening credits last year

and adam baldwin is definitely more important

DJ Eebs on
    edited September 2008
    True.

I loved Jeff's 'resume'. So very creepy.

Moriveth on
    edited September 2008
    basically I think they put the people at the end behind an "and" who are kind of known for other shows and stuff but aren't the main stars

DJ Eebs on
  • GRMikeGRMike The Last Best Hope for Humanity The God Pod Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Oh really? Huh, I was under the impression that 'starring' was basically top billing and 'featuring' was "well okay they're in here too".

Usually people have it in their contract to be "featuring". It is some secret Hollywood thing. By far Adam Baldwin is the "star power" aside from Levi being fresh faced and the actual star so having him as a "featuring" makes sense. Ellie? I donno... I've never seen her before, but daddy likes.

Also- Josh Gomez is the brother of Rick "Endless Mike Hellstrom" Gomez. That makes me so happy.

GRMike on
  • MetacortexMetacortex The Prettiest Zombie Coeur d'CoeursRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    One can only hope for an Endless Mike cameo.

Metacortex on
    4FNao2T.png
  • The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2008
    I'm still amazed they got away with having a character named "Harry Tang" for as long as they did.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
    edited September 2008
    wasnt his middle initial also P?

Harry P. Tang

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2008
    How how I do miss Harry Tang.

GRMike on
    edited September 2008
    I won't miss the man.

But I will forever miss the Lady Tang.

DJ Eebs on
    edited September 2008
    I won't miss the man.

But I will forever miss the Lady Tang.

Best Big Mike quote ever.

GRMike on
    edited September 2008
    His name was Harry Tiberius Tang.

Moriveth on
    edited October 2008
    So, just watched the new episode. It was a good one.
    FUCK YOU BRYCE YOU ASSHOLE

Moriveth on
    edited October 2008
    The part where he's trying to get Chuck to practice on Sarah was fucking hysterical.

ladies can't resist the guns

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2008
    The famous Bartowski eyebrow wiggle, yes.

God I hope he does get Sarah in the end, it would be fucking shitty if he didn't.

Also, I liked Casey's
    plugging of Chuck in an obvious effort to get the general to call off killing him when the new Intersect is finished

also her reaction to Roan coming in

Moriveth on
    edited October 2008
    basically everything involving Rowan was awesome, I love John Laroquette

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RubickRubick Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I sporadically watched this in the first season, and am now catching it faithfully. Last night's episode was pretty good, lots of romance and action. Sarah and Chuck have some great chemistry.

Rubick on
    edited October 2008
    I thought it was weird that they had Yvonne doing a promo and she was talking in her american accent rather than her regular voice.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • StationaryStationary Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I think I only heard her regular voice once and it really threw me off. Though this is mostly because I work until midnight on Mondays and watch it when I get home fast forwarding through the commercials.

Last nights was great though, watching Sarah walk through the Buy More is up there as one of my favorite moments.

Stationary on
  • JasocoJasoco Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I love this show. I love everything about it. I love the actors and characters. I just love it. I love the theme song. I love Chuck.

One of my most favorite returning new series' that overcame the strike and made it to a second season. (Along with Pushing Daisies and Terminator.)

Havent watched last nights yet. Since I have a conflict with three shows on Monday night I just recently rearranged my priorities so Chuck didn't record again. Thank goodness for Hulu. Fortunately next week it'll be fixed. HD Chuck for all. Side note: Why the hell doesn't Hulu have an HD version of Chuck? WTF?

Jasoco on
    edited October 2008
    John Larroquette was fantastic in this ep.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
    edited October 2008
    That episode was delightful but I totally saw that bit at the end coming so I kind of had my head turned the whole time to blunt the effect

DJ Eebs on
  • Dr.FunkensteinDr.Funkenstein Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Fuck yeah watching this right now on Hulu. So excited

Dr.Funkenstein on
    TERRORSQUADSIG.gif
  • MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

My thoughts exactly.

Marathon on
    edited October 2008
    Like I need a class.

DJ Eebs on
  • StationaryStationary Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Marathon wrote: »

My thoughts exactly.

I felt this way as well until I recently found out I had missed an episode in the first season, specifically the one were Chuck goes back to Standford
    Its kind of hard to hate Bryce when he tried to help Chuck stay out of the CIA and not get himself killed.

Stationary on
    edited October 2008
    Stationary wrote: »

My thoughts exactly.

I felt this way as well until I recently found out I had missed an episode in the first season, specifically the one were Chuck goes back to Standford
    Its kind of hard to hate Bryce when he tried to help Chuck stay out of the CIA and not get himself killed.
    Considering how well Chuck is doing completely sans-training, I'd say that he would have been a pretty kickass agent and fuck Bryce for ruining that chance for him.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • ANTVGM64ANTVGM64 Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    edited October 2008
    The Geek wrote: »
    Stationary wrote: »

My thoughts exactly.

Considering how well Chuck is doing completely sans-training, I'd say that he would have been a pretty kickass agent and fuck Bryce for ruining that chance for him.
    I think he more didn't want Chuck to be a jaded superagent or whatever because Chuck is so lovable and happy and such

although getting him kicked out of college and sleeping with his girlfriend probably weren't good ways to achieve that goal

DJ Eebs on
This discussion has been closed.