As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WAR] Healer Archetypes: You are a hat.

• eatmosushieatmosushi __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2008
    So untill we get some damn ranged detection on our healing target ui i am going to continually send ingame feedback claims.

eatmosushi on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Spun uncontrollably skyward... Driven brutally into the ground
  • RyokazeRyokaze Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    risumon wrote: »
    No no no, people please, listen to me. I am asking for reasons to stay zealot. I like throwing potions at people, REALLY like this, but not sure if this will keep me with the class for 30 more levels. *sigh*

Ritual of innervation is complete rapefacism. I can't imagine a more overpowering ability in the game (asides from getting knocked back into lava, anyway.) Your entire group will suddenly stop having AP problems, ever, and it seems to trigger based on target, not based on cast. So people who have AE's get even crazier return on each action, the sorcs I group with simply never drop below full AP while spamming AE's with innervation up.

Also, you get to throw potions at people, and the zealot knockback seems to be far superior to the shaman knockback.

Ryokaze on
  • tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    HEY. ZEALOTS. do you care about not being high in keep influence things?

or is this just a rumor

tyrannus on
  • kildykildy Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Info for WPs/DoKs: Chalices and Books apparently have hidden DPS values. The herald shows them on mouseover.

This means using a non weapon offhand/2h does not completely gimp your ability damage/channeled heal output anymore. WOO.

kildy on
  • TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I will never weild a book.

Maybe a chalice of blood.

Is it...decadent?

Transporter on
  • YougottawannaYougottawanna Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I used to lead scenarios in healing about half the time before rank 10 or so as a shaman....since then there's always some damn zealot outhealing me by like ten thousand.

OMG NERF ZAELOTS PLZ

Yougottawanna on
  • SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

Is it...decadent?

hedonismbotfe0.jpg

"MMMmmmmmyeeeeesss!"

Edit: Also, you wield book so as to be better prepared to judge and smite the heretic and the mutant.

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • CmdPromptCmdPrompt Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I used to lead scenarios in healing about half the time before rank 10 or so as a shaman....since then there's always some damn zealot outhealing me by like ten thousand.

OMG NERF ZAELOTS PLZ

You should be outdamaging them by a large amount though.

CmdPrompt on
    GxewS.png
  • kildykildy Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Septus wrote: »

Is it...decadent?

"MMMmmmmmyeeeeesss!"

Edit: Also, you wield book so as to be better prepared to judge and smite the heretic and the mutant.

When kicking ass and taking names, it helps to have something to take the names down on.

I'm never letting go of my giant hammer, however.

kildy on
  • YougottawannaYougottawanna Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Let me ask you as a squishy to a bunch of squishies (mostly), do you know of any tricks to tell where incoming damage is coming from? Like if I'm in a big 20-on-20 zerg fight, suddenly my health bar starts dropping and I want to figure out who to detaunt. Sometimes it auto-targets whoever attacks you, but not if you have another offensive target (and I usually do). The only other thing is to try and watch spell effects and just pick the guy out on your screen, or try to tell from the combat log (good luck, then you probably have to tab around until you see the right name).

I'd kind of like something like the old threat meters from wow, only arranged according to incoming damage rather than threat. So if there's a tank beating on me and a ranged caster nuking me, I can quickly select and detaunt (or silence, once I get the ability) the caster and hope someone can peel the tank off me.

Yougottawanna on
  • RendRend Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Let me ask you as a squishy to a bunch of squishies (mostly), do you know of any tricks to tell where incoming damage is coming from? Like if I'm in a big 20-on-20 zerg fight, suddenly my health bar starts dropping and I want to figure out who to detaunt. Sometimes it auto-targets whoever attacks you, but not if you have another offensive target (and I usually do). The only other thing is to try and watch spell effects and just pick the guy out on your screen, or try to tell from the combat log (good luck, then you probably have to tab around until you see the right name).

I'd kind of like something like the old threat meters from wow, only arranged according to incoming damage rather than threat. So if there's a tank beating on me and a ranged caster nuking me, I can quickly select and detaunt (or silence, once I get the ability) the caster and hope someone can peel the tank off me.

Try abandoning your targets and re-selecting your defensive target. Also, if it's a melee-er, begin stepping back- whoever follows you is probably because you're getting whacked.

Rend on
  • DracilDracil Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Bitstream wrote: »
    A warning about Emonitor, the auto-select-the-most-injured-party-member mod - it may have been bad interaction with another mod, but when I had it active it was just constantly selecting me, even as my teammates died around me, and doing such so often that I couldn't actually heal them manually.

Deleted instantly.

This addon sounds like it probably breaks the EULA. Even more so than SqueakyWheel that used to be on WoW (sorts people by damage, so you can just click the top player but at least you still have control over who to heal)

Dracil on
    3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited September 2008
    There has been internal discussion against Emonitor.

Unknown User on
    edited September 2008
    I would never use it. For one thing, just because you have the lowest health doesn't mean you're my heal target.

Also, I mean, what? Might as well use a bot. That seems pretty close to cheating to me, if not outright.

Rend on
  • SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Rend wrote: »
    I would never use it. For one thing, just because you have the lowest health doesn't mean you're my heal target.

Also, I mean, what? Might as well use a bot. That seems pretty close to cheating to me, if not outright.

There are going to be times when someone is getting pounded on and they have the lowest health. It's just a lost cause.

Let them die and focus on someone you CAN save. Emonitor would get in my way.

Seidkona on
    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
    edited September 2008
    Entaru wrote: »

There are going to be times when someone is getting pounded on and they have the lowest health. It's just a lost cause.

Let them die and focus on someone you CAN save. Emonitor would get in my way.

Exactly. Sometimes, unfortunately, the only effective heal is a rez. The good healer is the one who can assess the situation rapidly and apply the help where it is most required.

Rend on
  • InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Emonitor will never make you as good of a healer as some basic sense and clicking will. That and those kind of addons often seem to glitch and screw you over in frustrating manner. Or they get nerfed in a future patch and then you're left without your crutch.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
    edited September 2008
    ITT: Healbots are people, not actually bots. Tonight at 10!

Rend on
    edited September 2008
    I'm a healbot and proud of it.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • risumonrisumon Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Maget, I haven't done keep sieges yet, what are you talking about?

I am through with zealot identity crisis. I started using the AE more and it is lovely. Inf farming is so much better now and I can do mad damage during farming, and good healing during hard battles.

So I am using squared now and it is alright, but I thought someone in this thread or another was talking about healgrid and how you can have it show boxes for only those who have taken damage and are in range. Is this true? That would make healing so much better. Squared is nice, but I realy need to pay attention to who I am playing with and hunt for their names when I see them taking damage. I need something more idiot proof while I am still learning everything.

risumon on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2008
    The optimal way to healbot is to have a simple/unobtrusive way to convey as much information as possible, so that you can make quick decisions and just click and cast while still being aware of the field enough to keep moving and keep up with the flow of combat.

HealGrid is the better option over Squared or stock UI for this imo. It's all you really need, click and cast is best because you can train yourself to heal more effectively than any script/addon can.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • risumonrisumon Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Awesome, I will have to try healgrid. I am not really a fan of the hover casting programs as they felt like they were takign away from my inputs. They also seemed buggy as hell. I just want something that will tell me who is taking damage around me and let me easily target them. I don't want to heal bot, I just want to be able to heal better with everything else going on around me.

risumon on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2008
    Yeah, even if you don't consider yourself a healbot, being able to heal quickly and effectively when you need to is obviously a good idea, hence addons are win.

I don't like hovercast or such either, addons that "help" me always seem to bug and then get me or teammates killed. D: No thanks.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • ghost_master2000ghost_master2000 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    i love swuared but I really wish it would show what HoT buffs each person currently has on them. that way i'm not wasting time throwing another Hot on them that they already have from me.

ghost_master2000 on
  • Just Some DudeJust Some Dude Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Really all I want is Grid from WoW. That addon was really what made healing enjoyable instead of frustrating. I'll have to try out this HealGrid thing since it's obviously similar in style.

Also, WTB per-character keybindings. It's driving me up the wall when I switch from my Zealot to my Witch Hunter.

Just Some Dude on
    Cog in the machine Cog Herder
  • TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Wait there is tab nearest freindly target?

Shit.

I just became the most dominant healer ever.

Transporter on
  • tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    i love being able to position myself to block witch hunters that open up on me while I detaunt them/heal myself. "haha i will keel him oh wow that guy has a big club for an arm and i can't move forward because i am trapped perhaps i did not think my cunning strategy all the way through."

tyrannus on
  • BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    You know what's fun? Being the only healer in a scenario that's actually healing. Ugh.

BionicPenguin on
  • meatflowermeatflower Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Really all I want is Grid from WoW. That addon was really what made healing enjoyable instead of frustrating. I'll have to try out this HealGrid thing since it's obviously similar in style.

Also, WTB per-character keybindings. It's driving me up the wall when I switch from my Zealot to my Witch Hunter.

Open the file at <WAR DIR>\User\UserSettings.xml (while Warhammer is not running) and look for save_settings_per_character="false" near the bottom of the file inside a tag named Interface. Change the value inside the quotes from false to true. Then save the xml file and start up WAR; your settings will now be saved per-character instead of globally.

I'll be collecting my payment now. I accept brownie points or cash. No personal checks!

meatflower on
    archer_sig-2.jpg
  • ElementalorElementalor Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

Try abandoning your targets and re-selecting your defensive target. Also, if it's a melee-er, begin stepping back- whoever follows you is probably because you're getting whacked.

This and if there's no one near you currently doing melee dps, run around and watch the opposing players. Someone targeting/casting is likely to turn to you mid-cast/bowskill or keep looking at you in general.

If there're multiple ppl pegged on you, however...

Elementalor on
    Marvel Future Fight: dElementalor
    FFBE: 898,311,440
    Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/dElementalor
  • Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I feel like a pvp tank with the detaunt, given it's only one target at a time though; If some dwarf comes wailing at me I fart on him, throw up Quit Yer Bleedin and just gloat over the fact that my healthbar doesn't move.

Panda4You on
  • AumniAumni Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Just got Soulfire on my Warrior priest.

I plan on AoE farming now. On a healer. With a hammer. And 'Suffer Ye not....' engraved on my armor. And a skeleton mask.

Most awesomest class ever.

Aumni on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/aumni/ Battlenet: Aumni#1978 GW2: Aumni.1425 PSN: Aumnius
    edited September 2008
    I've been having a hard time healing recently.

Tor Arnoc, Order grabs the bauble while destruction is on the cusp of the summit. I run up, stand on the bauble carrier. Eeeek!

Him, six other order players and myself go flying into the lava. Destruction ends up winning 500 to 30.

Unknown User on
    edited September 2008
    robothero wrote: »
    I've been having a hard time healing recently.

Tor Arnoc, Order grabs the bauble while destruction is on the cusp of the summit. I run up, stand on the bauble carrier. Eeeek!

Him, six other order players and myself go flying into the lava. Destruction ends up winning 500 to 30.

I notice that (on my server, at least) order players will never, ever queue for any games other than tor arnoc and talabec dam. Gee, I wonder why that would be?

Also, every time I knock a bauble carrier into the lava, they manage to get bugged out on some rock and become unkillable, is that normal? Should I see a doctor about that?

Ryokaze on
    edited September 2008
    Because an order PUG can easily defeat a destruction pug in Tor Arnoc, due to the abilties the classes have in that level range. However, on the same merit, a Destruction organized group that isn't full of morons should never lose.

I was knocked into lava constantly my first two games, since then I've only been knocked in once or twice, and even then I've positioned myself so that I will land next to one of the islands.

This does, however, have an unfortunate side effect. My world RvR healing has suffered big time since I'm used to playing it TA style.

Unknown User on
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    By the way, I know I'm only around 6/6, but do Shaman start wearing some awesome armour in the future? 'Gloves' I get don't seem to have actual graphics, and any 'armour' I pick up just seems to remain... err, my loincloth. The only real graphic change I've noticed thus far between pieces seems to be that my shoes change colour.

Oh, and my staff went from having 1 little skull on it to 2.

Not a complaint, just an observation/curiosity.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
    edited September 2008
    Everything in my previous post was totally rhetorical.

Ryokaze on
    edited September 2008
    Yes Forar. If I was at home I'd screencap my shaman right now, he looks pretty awesome.

Unknown User on
  • ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Forar wrote: »
    By the way, I know I'm only around 6/6, but do Shaman start wearing some awesome armour in the future? 'Gloves' I get don't seem to have actual graphics, and any 'armour' I pick up just seems to remain... err, my loincloth. The only real graphic change I've noticed thus far between pieces seems to be that my shoes change colour.

Oh, and my staff went from having 1 little skull on it to 2.

Not a complaint, just an observation/curiosity.

other than seeing a high tier goblin at the character creation screen, you can go to Mythics site and check out the gobbos there to see some of their tier armor

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • vonPoonBurGervonPoonBurGer Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    robothero wrote: »
    Yes Forar. If I was at home I'd screencap my shaman right now, he looks pretty awesome.
    You have to be prepared for a rough patch when you get your first hat though. The initial round of Shaman hats all look like something the Travelocity Gnome would wear. The one my friend's Shaman has now is pretty slick though, it's a hood that looks kinda like a squig, complete with little teeth on the lower half of the hood.

vonPoonBurGer on
    Xbox Live:vonPoon | PSN: vonPoon | Steam: vonPoonBurGer