As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

America's Next Top Model vs. naming a decent winner for once

• Options
    FizFiz Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    A hurricane of pantomime and swearing

I thought it was cute when Analeigh said that a person who is in the bottom two times in a row goes home. You can tell they started filming this cycle before the previous one was over, or she'd know that you can be in the bottom more than five times and still win the whole damn thing

Fiz on
    juggcat.jpg
  • Options
    Burden of ProofBurden of Proof You three boys picked a beautiful hill to die on. Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Nice OP, Redeemer.

Burden of Proof on
  • Options
    RedeemerRedeemer Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Found pictures of those hideous ANTM dolls they sell at Target (?)

AmericasNextTopModelsDolls.jpg

499168122372004.jpg;pv1933fc3e80c5e6a2

In unrelated news my birthday is coming up in a couple of weeks, doot doot

Redeemer on
    25jyxzr.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    That isn't a chic haircut at all.

Fiz on
    juggcat.jpg
  • Options
    babyeatingjesusbabyeatingjesus Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Where's the plus size doll?

babyeatingjesus on
    hitthatcheeseburgerfatty.gif
  • Options
    lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I would totally get an elyse doll

lostwords on
    rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    she could totally play with my mandy moore doll circa candy

lostwords on
  • Options
    babyeatingjesusbabyeatingjesus Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    The plus size dolls are just rebranded cabbage patch kids.

babyeatingjesus on
    hitthatcheeseburgerfatty.gif
  • Options
    potatoepotatoe Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    in my business writing class there's this thing we have to avoid in our papers.
    it's like, if you feel like you're talking like tyra banks in your paper when she's saying who's moving on in the competition ("and the next name i call will be the name of the next model that moves on")

my prof calls them ANTM moments

potatoe on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    When your prof called them ANTM moments did you raise your hand and go "fffffffffffaaaaaaaaaaggggg" ?

Fiz on
    juggcat.jpg
  • Options
    potatoepotatoe Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Fiz wrote: »
    When your prof called them ANTM moments did you raise your hand and go "fffffffffffaaaaaaaaaaggggg" ?

it's a lady prof
    i think ladies are allowed to watch the show and not be dumped in with deemer

potatoe on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    potatoe wrote: »
    Fiz wrote: »

it's a lady prof
    i think ladies are allowed to watch the show and not be dumped in with deemer

That's probably worse. Top Model isn't exactly a program which celebrates the achievements of women, but if you are 14 and stupid it is a fine program. The gays can watch it at any age because we have no respect for women

Fiz on
    juggcat.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Somebody from Logo (MTV's gay channel) contacted me and said they'd like me to run some online content for them

:O

Redeemer on
    25jyxzr.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    oh man, deemer, thats good news! congrats!

would totally watch anything you put out.

lostwords on
  • Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
  • Options
    SzechuanosaurusSzechuanosaurus Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2008
    THIS!

THIS IS WHY I THINK REDEEMER IS A GIRL!

Because he does the 'America's Next Top Model' thread.

Man, glad I figured that one out. I was worrying I'd been fawning over pictures of lady boys in the camwhore thread again.

Szechuanosaurus on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Redeemer wrote: »
    Somebody from Logo (MTV's gay channel) contacted me and said they'd like me to run some online content for them

:O :O :O

Demand they move you out near me and keep you supplied with candy bars at all time

Fiz on
    juggcat.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    liked last night's episode, though god, why couldn't it be marjerie get the boot instead of clark. her whining is annoying as hell. oh boo hoo i suck, shut up. scared for sheena, because they keep talking about her personality, and give her knocks about her looks not being model-esque.

lostwords on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    I thought last night's episode (sans the dumb photo shoot) was pretty awesome

The girls pestering Marjorie into becoming the Hulk was great

Redeemer on
    25jyxzr.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    lostwords wrote: »
    liked last night's episode, though god, why couldn't it be marjerie get the boot instead of clark. her whining is annoying as hell. oh boo hoo i suck, shut up.

Well people like Marjorie would get shot in Clark's hometown

She's safer on the show

Redeemer on
    25jyxzr.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    haha, yeah, that was pretty funny.

i still don't get how her parents being europeans made her into debbie downer and a party pooper all the time

it was kinda unfair though, how mr. jay basically went up and posed her like an action figure during her shoot, which led to her not having awful shots.

lostwords on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Kids in America are brought up in the mindset that they are special. I'm sure most of you remember the people who said Mr. Rogers was evil because he told kids that each and every one of them was special. Shows like My Super Sweet 16 show what can happen when that kind of thinking is taken to the extreme.

In other parts of the world they actually discourage people like Paris Hilton. Maybe moreso in Asia than France, but when you tie in that Marjie was home-schooled it can help explain why Marjorie is constantly wetting herself.

I had more of a problem with Samantha. She is literally a high school girl and the editting on this episode was done in a way to let us know that Clark's departure would not mean the end of the mean girls club.

One thing Marjorie and Hannah have in common (besides white skin) is that they weren't really entering the competition with a desire to become a model. Ms. White (her actual last name) was dragged to a casting thing with some friends, and Marjorie was scouted when she was trying to hide in a book store. Tyra likes to cast a couple people every cycle who are green in order to show that modeling is something that is accessible if you really apply yourself. Both will probably never model again and that's fine. Let Hannah... whatever Hannah does and let Marjorie go back to being Pyramid Head

It might seem weird that a person would go on a show about modeling if they don't care about modeling, but it's national television and there is a big prize. I'm more worried about the girls who go on this show that are very serious about breaking into the fashion industry.

Fiz on
    juggcat.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Redeemer wrote: »

Not to make this thread all about me me me, but I had to rescind Logo's offer, for the following reasons

1. Not paid

2. I wasn't allowed to swear (not even soft swear words like bitch or cuntlick)

3. They wouldn't let me wear my superhero t-shirts (on account of them being licensed characters who have no affiliation with MTV)

4. I wasn't allowed to use clips from Silent Hill (!) (i actually did ask, too)

5. I don't have a high enough quality camera to shoot videos

The first one was obviously the dealbreaker, but the others sucked too

The exposure would have been nice but given my heavy workload I don't think the returns would have been worth it, unless someone from Warner Brothers was watching and decided to cast me as Nightwing in the Teen Titans movie

Totally realistic.

Redeemer on
    25jyxzr.jpg
  • Options
    OdenOden Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    wait what do you do for a living? I thought you sold pans for tefal

Oden on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    I work in an office now

A horrible office

Redeemer on
    25jyxzr.jpg
  • Options
    OdenOden Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I work in a cafe where wanky people come to buy their organic carrots

Oden on
  • Options
    SzechuanosaurusSzechuanosaurus Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2008
    Oh, that reminds me. I need to pick up some organic carrots on the way home from work.

Szechuanosaurus on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    I'm getting really tired of Sheena putting on something huge and ill-fitting and Tyra going WOW YOU KNOW THERE'S STILL A LITTLE SEX APPEAL THERE BUT I LIKE IT

Next week Sheena will come into panel wearing a parka and Tyra will go into a monologue about how it's somewhat less hooch than Sheena normally is

This week's photoshoot was stupid. I thought this cycle's photos weren't that bad, until last week with the Attack of the 50 Foot Natural Disasters, and now this week

I really don't like the shoots where each girl is given a different concept because it doesn't put the girls on equal ground. Joslyn's and Annaleigh's were arguably easier to pull off than Lauren Brie's ("Pretend you're falling! Except not really. No, fall UP, stupid. Why are you not getting this? Okay, you're eliminated, bye.")

Samantha's getting on my nerves

Redeemer on
    25jyxzr.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Marjorie had a shoot that would have been impossibly difficult for anybody else. I know Tyra was trying to guide some of the girls as to what their "signature pose" could be so it would work along with their respective pictures, but some of them weren't even things

Weren't. Even. Things.

I'd be sad to see Lauren Brie go if she didn't look like that all the time.

Elina is starting to have a breakdown. I'd feel sorry for her if she wasn't one of those people who likes to feel superior about stuff that has no actual relevance to the way we live our lives.

"Oh, you're straight? How cute. I am kind of bi-curious"
    "I'm a vegetarian"
    "Look at what Clark and I can do with this cup and some laxatives"

Fiz on
    juggcat.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    We often see a very bizarre version of Tyra Banks on the show these days, but when I read this thing she did recently about successful women it reminded me that she is still a person. She talked about when she went off to Paris to try modeling, but since she had no idea to cook she had her mom constantly send her care packages of oreos and other desserts. When her mom came to visit and saw that this was all she was eating she got all pissed off and forced Tyra to learn how to cook for herself

It's like Tyra is Redeemer, but with a cheap weave. Bitch got no class

Fiz on
    juggcat.jpg
  • Options
    FutoreFutore Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    that is one hell of a comparison and sadly accurate

Futore on
    ETqXK.png
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Hey Tyra, which part of your body do you concentrate most of your inane bullshit?

c11e6tyragif6ci5.gif

anywhere else?

669590001223994499rv4.gif

Ah, ok, thanks!

Redeemer on
    25jyxzr.jpg
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    i had a high school teacher who had somewhat serious crush on tyra
    man i hope he doesn't find her attractive anymore, because damn she looks unhuman

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    WHY DIDN'T ANYONE TELL ME ELINA NAMED HER WEAVE AFTER ME

(I am catching up today)

Sheri on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    I feel sorta cheated that Rich made a She-Hulk reference in his recap this week, since comparing these beastly girls to beastly superheroes was my domain (or it would be if I bothered doing recaps anymore).

I want Rich to stick to comparing every messy black girl to Halle Berry in Losing Isaiah, dammit

Redeemer on
    25jyxzr.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    I think the worst part about this season is the My Life as a Covergirl segments that Whitney does.

Whitney won in cycle 10. This is not an accomplishment because Tyra chose her to be the first fatass winner long before they even started the real competition. If you ever catch an interview you will be repulsed by her stank attitude towards anybody who recognizes that the fashion industry survives because of thin models.

Something is wrong with Whitney's boobs. I don't mean that one is bigger than the other, or that she has them. If you look at her boobs you'll think they've died. They sag down and are extremely flat for a person of her age. Some women on another board have speculated that this is because she made a decision at some point to stop wearing a bra and it has messed with her chest, and others have mentioned some actual condition where the fat in your boobs isn't as thick. Boobs tend to lose fat over time so when she is at the age of 40 they will be paper thin and below her "beautiful" muffin top.

In the latest MLAACG commercial she was trying on a series of dresses (but not for any actual modeling work. Hah). She posed in front of a mirror each time while standing to the side, and most of them were designed for women with real chests so her pancake boobs were falling out the armpits. I wanted to cry.

I did cry a little

Fiz on
    juggcat.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    I'm really tired of Elina at this point

She might have a model-y face but her body is terrible and she's too short

And I'm sick of her never being able to defend her viewpoints, like her mother hatred or veganism or her pro-legalized prostitution stance. None of which makes her a bad person, per se, but her self righteousness and inability to explain herself make her incredibly annoying. When Sam asked her why she was for legalized prostitution, all Elina did was cry about being attacked when, in fact, Sam was simply asking her a question. What a bitch.

And I don't even like Sam!

Redeemer on
    25jyxzr.jpg
  • Options
    BlackCloudBlackCloud Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Ok so I just caught up with the season (and the most recent episode). Uhm, I'm sorry...but...uh..."you don't understand my emotions because I'm European." Really? I enjoyed Sheena's evaluation of the situation by saying "you're only an immigrant in your mind."

And the aswril twins? I laughed out loud when the bag's "versatility" was shown.

Also, could someone explain to me how Tyra is slowly becoming Rupaul with two giant black eyes?

BlackCloud on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    The new thread title may refer to Lesbelina's elimination (thus ensuring the final four is a squeaky clean WASPy bunch) or to the fact that I think I'm developing a crush on McKey. Is that weird? I mean, she's pretty boyish already. The haircut just sorta... enhances it. And we finally got more than three second glimpses of her, and she apparently now has a british accent

Anyway, don't tell Fiz

Redeemer on
    25jyxzr.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Oh, I agree. Madonna with a stroke aside, she is handsome. Her jawline in the test shot photo is insane

And :x

Fiz on
    juggcat.jpg