As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

How does PAX count attendance?

KintarKintar Registered User new member
edited September 2008 in PAX Archive
I've been looking for some good statistics on PAX's attendance, but I'm running against a problem. It seems that most trade show type things count "bodies per day", so if you have a three day pass, you get counted three times, whereas some cons count total badges sold. Does anyone know which method PAX is using for attendance figures?

I'd greatly appreciate any pointers in the direction of someone who can tell me. :)

Kintar on

• Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    support@brownpapertickets.com might be a good place to start - Brown Paper Tickets handled all online sales.

There's also Robert Khoo (rkhoo@penny-arcade.com) and Mike Fehlauer (mikef@penny-arcade.com) - if they can't give you specifics they'll definitely point you in the direction of people who can.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited September 2008
    I'm pretty sure it's turnstyle. In other words, they count each ticket for each day (so 3 day passes count as three, one for each day)

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    It is indeed turnstile. Most conventions do it that way.

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
This discussion has been closed.