As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

NFL

• Options
    sarksark Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    thor got wrote:
    sark wrote:
    Jesus Christ. Right away. AFC best offense, NFC best defense.

It's going to be two weeks of this.
    The Colts have the best offense in the AFC, and the NFC's best defense belongs to the Bears. I'm thinking this will be key in determining the outcome of the super bowl.

About the 75th discussion about it, it's going to get old.

Right along with the 75th time they discuss Smith and Dungy being good 'ol buddies.

sark on
    tron4.png
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2007
    sark wrote:
    thor got wrote:
    sark wrote:

The Colts have the best offense in the AFC, and the NFC's best defense belongs to the Bears. I'm thinking this will be key in determining the outcome of the super bowl.

Right along with the 75th time they discuss Smith and Dungy being good 'ol buddies.

It's the same thing every year. It is impossible to not get redundant when you only have 1 game to talk about for 2 weeks.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    thor got wrote:
    sark wrote:

I think the whole game rides on the ample shoulders of Jim Sorgi. They should talk about him for 2 weeks instead.

I think they should find multiple things to talk about, and not just run one topic into the ground.

sark on
    tron4.png
  • Options
    scsscsscsscs Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    scsscs wrote:
    scsscs wrote:
    Boo

Holy shit what are you doing here?

Hating the colts.

You should not do that.

This win was just a setup for Manning to choke away a Super Bowl victory. That's his destiny.

scsscs on
  • Options
    ShimShamShimSham Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Also, the Pat's pass coverage was doing REALLY good, that's really wow, I'm still wow.

ShimSham on
    QcGKhPm.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    sark wrote:
    thor got wrote:
    sark wrote:

It's the same thing every year. It is impossible to not get redundant when you only have 1 game to talk about for 2 weeks.

i know. and i get annoyed about it every year :)

sark on
    tron4.png
  • Options
    MathildaMathilda Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    scsscs wrote:
    scsscs wrote:
    scsscs wrote:
    Boo

Hating the colts.

You should not do that.

This win was just a setup for Manning to choke away a Super Bowl victory. That's his destiny.

This would be satisfying beyond measure.

Mathilda on
  • Options
    World as MythWorld as Myth a breezy way to annoy serious people Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    scsscs wrote:
    scsscs wrote:
    scsscs wrote:
    Boo

Hating the colts.

You should not do that.

You are, unfortunately, absolutely correct.

World as Myth on
    kQwcZLJ.png
  • Options
    Food?Food? Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    haha wooooo

food's first NFL team to root for and they win

Food? on
    gr_smile2.gif
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2007
    How many yards did The Lord have anyway?

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    MathildaMathilda Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Holy God I may need to smother my room mate in his sleep tonight.

He said and I quote:

"Well they'd better win a fucking Superbowl next year, because that's the only game I'm watching. I forsake them for giving up that lead."

He's a pretty cool dude, but holy shit he is fucking dumb and obsessive about inconsequential things.

Mathilda on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Tom Brady will never win the big game!

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Fuck you Tom Brady, fuck you so hard. Im torn about the SB. I have been a Bears fan for years but I very much want Manning to win the big one.

Most importantly, Brady loses. Go back to you millions of dollars, supermodel girlfriends and cry tears of sadn....fuck. You still suck Brady.

Marathon on
  • Options
    thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Marathon wrote:
    Fuck you Tom Brady, fuck you so hard. Im torn about the SB. I have been a Bears fan for years but I very much want Manning to win the big one.

Most importantly, Brady loses. Go back to you millions of dollars, supermodel girlfriends and cry tears of sadn....fuck. You still suck Brady.
    Yeah, he really doesn't deserve any of that crap. And he makes sooo much more than Manning.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    Anime OwnsAnime Owns Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    How many yards did The Lord have anyway?

I was kind of pissed they said that stuff..

Not everyone in Indiana is a Christian. I wouldn't say I was offended or anything, but it was all a little over the top.

Anime Owns on
  • Options
    JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    When does The Lord become a free agent? I could think of some teams that should sign him.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • Options
    CriticalCritical Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Manning may, MAY have deserved that win.

God that hurts to say.

I will now peel the skin off my body.

Critical on
    edesig.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    That was pretty cool when they mentioned Vinatieri being from South Dakota. Even went to the same college Fram and I went to.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
  • Options
    sevencursessevencurses Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    HA
    HA
    HA
    HA!

Peyton can't win a big game huh?

I guess this doesn't count since it wasn't in New England though.

The fuckers who hate him will always find something.

sevencurses on
    I like my women like I like my coffee: COVERED IN BEES...
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    The same can be said about Brady... and practically every other star QB.

ShimSham on
    QcGKhPm.jpg
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Colts fan orgy at my house tonight. Will continue from 11PM EST till game time on Super Bowl Sunday.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited January 2007
    HA
    HA
    HA
    HA!

Peyton can't win a big game huh?

I guess this doesn't count since it wasn't in New England though.

His neck is too fat.

Larlar on
    iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    edited January 2007
    He's an unsatisfactory lover!

Whippy on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    He gets too sweaty during football games and it bugs me!

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
  • Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    thor got wrote:
    Marathon wrote:

Yeah, he really doesn't deserve any of that crap. And he makes sooo much more than Manning.

No he deserves every bit of it because he finally lost in the playoffs and best of all it was while the announcers were touting his heretofore unbeatable powers when executing the late game comeback. Manning got the best game possible for him today. He started off bad but came back, moved the chains and clawed his way back into the game and beat the Patriots in the playoffs. The D also came up big when it countetd and it all came together in an amazing game and an awesome win.

Last I checked Manning had the most profitable contract in the NFL, putting him ahead of even Brady.

Marathon on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Whippy, you said your days of having sex with overrated NFL quarterbacks was over.

Larlar on
    iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    PbPb Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    He's an unsatisfactory lover!

Probably always jittering around in bed, feet all over the place, yelling at you to "change the play" right when you're about set. And then the Manning face.

Pb on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Larlar wrote:
    Whippy, you said your days of having sex with overrated NFL quarterbacks was over.

Those days won't be over until the Texans go all the way.

And Whippy will have sex with as many quarterbacks as it takes to make that happen.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Some people are acting like Brady is this horrible inconsistent QB that just lucked his way into wins and Superbowls which is... anything but the truth, like him or not.

He's not the best QB but he's very, very smart and a lot of the mistakes that ended up losing the game tonight were not his fault. Like the two catches he put right on his wide open receiver that his receiver dropped, the 12th man coming into the huddle, the Pats defensive player that roughed Peyton up.

ShimSham on
    QcGKhPm.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Jordyn wrote:
    Larlar wrote:

Those days won't be over until the Texans go all the way.

And Whippy will have sex with as many quarterbacks as it takes to make that happen.

I liked it better when football used to be about something other than sex with Whippy. But now that seems to be all the fans care about.

Larlar on
    iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    CriticalCritical Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    ShimSham wrote:
    Some people are acting like Brady is this horrible inconsistent QB that just lucked his way into wins and Superbowls which is... anything but the truth, like him or not.

He's not the best QB but he's very, very smart and a lot of the mistakes that ended up losing the game tonight were not his fault. Like the two catches he put right on his wide open receiver that his receiver dropped, the 12th man coming into the huddle, the Pats defensive player that roughed Peyton up.

1. Reche Caldwell will be castrated in Copley Plaza tomorrow at noon in a public ceremony.

b. Anyone else think the roughing the passer rules are bullshit beyond belief at this point? 15 yards for a hand grazing Peyton's helmet. Ugh.

Granted, the colts probably would have scored without that penalty anyway, but I'm sick of seeing the penalties called.

Critical on
    edesig.jpg
  • Options
    Kewop DecamKewop Decam Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Staleghoti wrote:
    sark wrote:
    Oh goodie. For the next two weeks it's going to be:

"Offense v. Defense" headlines and god damn Dungy/Smith love stories.

WOO TWO BLACK COACHES IN SUPERBOWL WOOOOOOO

i am excited, why aren't you?

you fucking racist or something?

Cotton Bowl

Just like you to know that I am black and damn this is too funny

Kewop Decam on
    pasigfa7.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    ShimSham wrote:

Yeah but that roughing call just provided balance after that retarded facemask. Dumb penalties on both sides and both penalties had timing which would have cost their teams the game.

Brady is a solid QB and deserves a lot of credit. I'm not calling for prying rings off his fingers or anything. But last week's game was retarded and he really didn't deserve it. Though I can't complain because it provided some much needed poetic justice for Manning. Now he just needs to beat the Bears and solidify himself as the greatest quarterback ever.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    I'm not calling for prying rings off his fingers or anything. But last week's game was retarded and he really didn't deserve it.
    He didn't play that well but it's hard to make the case that Rivers did any better.

ShimSham on
    QcGKhPm.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    ShimSham wrote:
    I'm not calling for prying rings off his fingers or anything. But last week's game was retarded and he really didn't deserve it.
    He didn't play that well but it's hard to make the case that Rivers did any better.

He didn't but it was Marty that lost them the game with his idiot timeout and his refusal to stick to a strategy that wouldn't have been beaten.

Butters on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    ShimSham wrote:

He didn't but it was Marty that lost them the game with his idiot timeout and his refusal to stick to a strategy that wouldn't have been beaten.
    and uhh.. 4th and 11 on his own side of the field.

I wouldn't even do that in Madden.

I still don't know what the thought process was that brought him to that decision.

ShimSham on
    QcGKhPm.jpg
  • Options
    Kewop DecamKewop Decam Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    ShimSham wrote:

Naw, the Charger's players lost that shit by doing stupid things like INTing a ball that should be batted down. Fucking dummy pics it and then fumbles it. There were more dumb plays like that but i can't seem to remember them right now.

Kewop Decam on
    pasigfa7.jpg
  • Options
    PbPb Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    ShimSham wrote:

Naw, the Charger's players lost that shit by doing stupid things like INTing a ball that should be batted down. Fucking dummy pics it and then fumbles it. There were more dumb plays like that but i can't seem to remember them right now.
    Fumble on a long pass at the goal line.

Pb on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Pb wrote:
    ShimSham wrote:

Fumble on a long pass at the goal line.

Idiocy abounds but I still say it starts with Marty.

Butters on
  • Options
    The Otaku SuppositoryThe Otaku Suppository Bawstan New EnglandRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I hope the bears smear the fuck out of Manning. Like break his thumbs or chop off a leg or something. Better yet, put actual bears on the field instead of the players for the super bowl. That would be so awesome.

And fuck fuck what the fuck dirty fuck tapdancing on hot fucking tin fucking can fuck rooffuck rufiofuck how the fuck do you lose like that fuck fuck caldwell fuck

The Otaku Suppository on
This discussion has been closed.