As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Warhammer 40k Bumper Stickers

EinEin CaliforniaRegistered User regular
edited January 2007 in Artist's Corner
I have a lot of Army Transports - these are large foam carriers that let you move your 40k miniatures about with ease - so I thought I might make some stickers to easily identify each Transport at a glance, as I tend to divide them up by army. At 11"x3", they're just the perfect size to go across the top or side of one of those transports, and add a little bit of extra flair. Of course, I could probably use them as actual bumper stickers and showcase some nerd pride, but whatever.

I'm seriously considering doing one for each army/race, but I'm getting the ones most relevant to the models I have done right now. I'm making them at 200 DPI and at 2200x600 pixels (11"x3").

So, to begin!

(Click for big)

sticker2small.jpg

40ksticker.jpg

I feel these two are pretty much final. The warboss face and the =][= logo are straight from GW art.

I'm making one for the Imperial Guard now, and I'd appreciate some help with it.

stickerguard.jpg

You can click to see that one bigger, too, though the middle guard emblem doesn't look so good that large. I'm trying to make it look a little bit like an ammo canister, maybe. The images that come to mind with Imperial Guard are very military, hence the color I'm trying to go with, and since they're cannon fodder I thought a blood spatter would be appropriate.

Another idea:

stickerguard2.jpg

The layout's what's bothering me more than anything.

Ein on

• EWomEWom Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I like the bottom one better, but the blood bothers me, it's way too bright IMO. If I were you, I'd try adding a little brown in it, to darken it some. But that's just my opinion.

EWom on
    Whether they find a life there or not, I think Jupiter should be called an enemy planet.
  • WastingPenguinsWastingPenguins Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Agreed, the blood looks a bit like strawberry jam.

WastingPenguins on
  • GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    edited January 2007
    I like the second one. That's about it. I'll give a critique when it's not so bloody late and I feel that I have more energy to continue typing.

Grifter on
  • EinEin CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    stickerguard3.jpg

Any better with the blood?

This is really where I'm stuck. I thought I'd make it look like the side of an ammo can, but I'm not so sure of it anymore. It certainly needs a bit more, though, but I can't place what'd look good. All I know about Guard is tanks, mass infantry, and lasguns.

Ein on
  • NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited January 2007

I would say so.

NightDragon on
  • MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I don't think any of these would actually work as a bumper sticker, they are too hard to make out from far away.

MagicToaster on
  • Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    They're not actually going on bumpers, but that's just the medium that's going to be used to print them on.

The blood looks a lot better on the second attempt.

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • Kane Red RobeKane Red Robe Master of Magic ArcanusRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I think if you got rid of the central emblem and just centered the ammo canister text there (like the second option, but not crooked) it would probably be enough. The guard don't really have any fancy symbols or anything, so I think it would be a good contrast between the other armies to just give it a more egalitarian, albeit battered, look.

(I hope I used egalitarian right)

Kane Red Robe on
  • MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    stickerguard3.jpg

This is really where I'm stuck. I thought I'd make it look like the side of an ammo can, but I'm not so sure of it anymore. It certainly needs a bit more, though, but I can't place what'd look good. All I know about Guard is tanks, mass infantry, and lasguns.

There is a quotation in the Imperial Guard Codex about a commander remarking that the only miracle in the Imperial Guard is the miracle of the Lasgun.

I think that could be a really great quotation to use in the background.

MegaMan001 on
    I am in the business of saving lives.