As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WoW] Warriors: It's my rage and I need it NOW!

• MayGodHaveMercyMayGodHaveMercy Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Mgcw wrote: »
    Being able to charge in combat helps a lot with rage.

Warbringer is perhaps the greatest talent ever. Being able to charge in combat and in any stance is awesome it actually makes me cry real man tears.

MayGodHaveMercy on
    XBL: Mercy XXVI - Steam: Mercy_XXVI - PSN: Mercy XXVI
  • MgcwMgcw Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    It sure makes pulls a lot simpler... way back I used to charge everything but that creates problems sometimes where other nearby mobs chain, now you can throw something at them, go around a corner and wait 2 seconds then charge their asses and shockwave immediately.

Mgcw on
  • GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Did they ever change Bloodthirst so that it required a weapon? Or does this mean that BT is unaffected by the 15% penalty on TG?

Grundlestiltskin on
    3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
    edited September 2008
    They did.

Mgcw on
  • reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Did they ever change Bloodthirst so that it required a weapon? Or does this mean that BT is unaffected by the 15% penalty on TG?

They did.

Poor Gutrot.

reVerse on
    edited September 2008
    And then they had the nerve to say "Not a nerf, just a fix."

I will miss getting disarmed and BTing faces off.

MayGodHaveMercy on
  • 815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    reVerse wrote: »

They did.

Poor Gutrot.
    This was my first thought when I saw that change. :(

815165 on
    edited September 2008
    Well.... this looks fun.

(Prot warrior vs. 10 or so Demon Hunter Initiates.)

MayGodHaveMercy on
    edited September 2008
    Needs way more cleaves. Glyph + Focused Rage = 12 Rage Cleaves, it is so awesome.

Mgcw on
  • FrylockHolmesFrylockHolmes Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    oh wow, i didn't even think to use recklessness with shockwave

fuck that was a lot of big numbers

FrylockHolmes on
    edited September 2008
    Can't watch the vid at work, and I actually haven't seen shockwave in action yet. Does shockwave have a cool animation at least?

Grundlestiltskin on
    edited September 2008
    It's a little wave of grey smoke that shoots out in front of you. I like it.

MayGodHaveMercy on
  • InfestedGnomeInfestedGnome Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    That guy uses shieldwall like 3 times, then recklessness, then retaliation

InfestedGnome on
    IGsig.jpg
    AKA [PA]Ilovepandas :D
    edited September 2008

That's not shield wall it's a sword and board proc. Reck, Retal and Shield Wall are all 5 minute non-shared cooldowns now.

Mgcw on
  • dojangodojango Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Can't watch the vid at work, and I actually haven't seen shockwave in action yet. Does shockwave have a cool animation at least?

warrior kind of does a thunderclap move and you see a ripple of force go in front of the warrior... nothing flashy, like those fancy DKs, but effective.

And yeah, i am leveling up in my poorly-geared warrior as prot; thanks to Lifeblood (herbalist's self heal) and Medallion of Heroism (quest reward with self heal) and now enraged regeneration, i never stop to bandage or eat, really.

casters are great, they hit like girls when they melee, and if you're reasonably on the ball, and the beta server isn't too laggy, they will never manage to cast a non-reflected spell.

dojango on
    edited September 2008

How could he possibly use shield wall three times in a 1 minute video? Or was the video sped up? I suppose I didn't really check. :)

MayGodHaveMercy on
  • InfestedGnomeInfestedGnome Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

That's not shield wall it's a sword and board proc. Reck, Retal and Shield Wall are all 5 minute non-shared cooldowns now.

What? WHAT? WHATT!!!!!!!! I did not know this! This is awesome!

InfestedGnome on
    IGsig.jpg
    AKA [PA]Ilovepandas :D
  • ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    To the people quoting me earlier, it wasn't as if I was saying I was rage-starved 24/7, this happens only once in awhile and even then I just use shield block or shockwave/charge their asses. I personally think keeping your tanking gear on will be better than using DPS gear, at least with the Northrend tanking gear since it has a shitload of strength on it. It's true that a couple of things I was using for Arms/Fury have one or two more points of strength here and there, but it's not worth losing the defense/expertise/etc I got from the tanking stuff.

For a long while there I was dead set on Arms, but now I think I'll be leveling as Protection. And mentioning the animation for Shockwave, it's nice... I think it could be a bit more flashy though. I barely notice the little electric sparks, they should make them bigger more like the size of the ones using Thunderclap cause.

However all three have been nerfed to compensate for this. Recklessness only works on... I think three special attacks, Retaliation only does 20 attacks now and Shield Wall is now 60% damage reduction.

Arthil on
    PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
    edited September 2008

Well they nerfed them a lot (especially recklessness), but yeah, there's that.

Grundlestiltskin on
    edited September 2008
    Arthil wrote: »
    I personally think keeping your tanking gear on will be better than using DPS gear, at least with the Northrend tanking gear since it has a shitload of strength on it.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. Prot soloing in DPS gear is tits. STR is not the best thing ever, and defense is totally unneeded for soloing regular mobs. You will still take barely any damage, but you will kill things much faster.

MayGodHaveMercy on
  • WavechaserWavechaser Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Oh my christ Prot has way too many abilities. I don't have enough keys on my damn keyboards for this spec!

Wavechaser on
  • 815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Tried using button pages with your stances? I can fit everything onto 24 keys with a few spare in zerker stance.

815165 on
  • Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Wavechaser wrote: »
    Oh my christ Prot has way too many abilities. I don't have enough keys on my damn keyboards for this spec!

The way I handle it is by making prudent use of "G", "Y", "H", and "Mouse Button 4". (Shield Block, Spell Reflect, Cleave, and Thunder Clap, respectively).

Hm, yeah... that IS a lot of abilities. I'm using 1 - 5, spread onto about 3 pages in addition to that...

Kid Presentable on
  • Minerva_SCMinerva_SC Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=10532268423&sid=2000
    As promised, here are a few dps changes. There will probably be a few more over the next few days.

Fury

Unending Fury changed to increase damage of Slam, Whirlwind and Bloodthirst by 2/4/6/810% (it no longer offers a rage discount).

Arms

Sudden Death now grants 10 rage, so that following the Execute you have 10 rage left over. In the course of testing this, we also decided Execute by itself wasn't doing enough damage, so it got a buff too (could be around +15%), which will also help the talent.

Bladestorm breaks roots and snares when initially used. It doesn't break other forms of CC, largely because we suspect that if it did, that functionality in PvP would overshadow the actual cool whirlwindy part.

Strength of Arms now grants 2%/2%/2 Str/Sta/Expertise per point. (Still 2 points total.)

Maybe now people will stop bitching about bldestorm, it is a godly 51 point talent now.

Minerva_SC on
    "If a cherry pie filled cape is wrong, I don't want to be right.
    I'm dead serious."
  • vegeta_666vegeta_666 CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Love the Arms buffs. Hmmmm. Good stuff.

Just solidifies which talent tree I'm going for now.

vegeta_666 on
    Sob24Nm.png
    Steam: abunchofdaftpunk | PSN: noautomobilesgo | Lastfm: sjchszeppelin | Backloggery: colincummings | 3DS FC: 1392-6019-0219 |
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    vegeta_666 wrote: »

Protection?

Brainleech on
  • vegeta_666vegeta_666 CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Brainleech wrote: »
    vegeta_666 wrote: »

Protection?

Protection does look sexy as hell I'm just geared for a certain spec right now, don't even have a decent main hand weapon.

Plus, Bllladdeestorrrm. And Sudden Death. They are just fun.

vegeta_666 on
    Sob24Nm.png
    Steam: abunchofdaftpunk | PSN: noautomobilesgo | Lastfm: sjchszeppelin | Backloggery: colincummings | 3DS FC: 1392-6019-0219 |
  • dojangodojango Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    people were complaining about bladestorm? strange. I've seen it in action, and it is pretty nifty. also dishes out the mad dps. seems that more arms warriors are running around beta then TG fury ones, possibly because bladestorm already was pretty awesome.

dojango on
    edited September 2008
    dojango wrote: »
    people were complaining about bladestorm? strange. I've seen it in action, and it is pretty nifty. also dishes out the mad dps. seems that more arms warriors are running around beta then TG fury ones, possibly because bladestorm already was pretty awesome.

It was good for PvE, but acts as a sort of self-inflicted CC in PvP. If you Bladestorm a mage, he blinks away, and you twirl about impotently. But, they threw the PvPers a bone with it breaking Roots and Snares, which was nice. It would be ridiculously overpowered if you could, say, intercept while still Bladestorming. It's fine how it is, in my opinion. And it's a really fun talent.

MayGodHaveMercy on
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I love bladestorm. Whirling like a helicopter of death with a giant 2-h sword or axe.I swap between my despair and my gorehowl due to looks mainly. Its like some wet dream from when I first made my Orc warrior ages ago. I have finally become the blademaster from warcraft 3.

But, then their is prot. I shoot a massive shockwave in front of me stunning and damaging my enemies. I am an unkillable beast. That and my utility is unmatched.

Last is fury and TG. I look cool with my pair of 2-h axes on my back. I do ok damage, but compared to the other two and their new abilities it just feels so been there, done that.

I am so torn right now though between leveling my 'lock or my warrior first in Wrath. And if my warrior I am torn between Prot or Arms.

To much awesome between the two to choose.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • KainyKainy Pimpin' and righteous Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Fury was a lot cooler with Heroic Leap.

Those fuckers.

Kainy on
    IcyLiquid wrote: »
    There's anti-fuckery code in there now :) Sorry :)
  • SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I didn't get to try heroic leap, and watching Ghouls do it while I play my death knight it makes me kind of sad.

Seg on
  • The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I was Arms at the time I did the UC event.

Bladestorm + massive buffs + 10+ mobs = I can't see what's going on because my screen is being spammed with numbers. So much fun.

The Wolfman on
    "The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    We will be rolling out some updates to our hardware during the scheduled Tuesday maintenence on September 30th, in preperation for the upcoming expansion Wrath of the Lich King. These updates will be implemented on all realms to help deliver a smooth launch and the best experience possible as we prepare for Northrend.

Now I'm not really going to bother getting my hopes up or anything... but does that sound like technobabble for "patch day tomorrow" to anybody else?

The Wolfman on
    "The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    We will be rolling out some updates to our hardware during the scheduled Tuesday maintenence on September 30th, in preperation for the upcoming expansion Wrath of the Lich King. These updates will be implemented on all realms to help deliver a smooth launch and the best experience possible as we prepare for Northrend.

Now I'm not really going to bother getting my hopes up or anything... but does that sound like technobabble for "patch day tomorrow" to anybody else?

I highly doubt it will be this week for various reasons
    The 7th maybe the 14th a very good chance

Brainleech on
  • RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Hope it's not patch day. I'm on 64 kbps until the 9th >.>
    So, is Cleave, or Heroic Strike better to use as a fury warrior?

Rizzi on
  • reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

They're upgrading their hardware, that's all. If they did that and rolled out a patch at the same time, it'd be a clusterfuck of epic proportions, as opposed to the regular kind of clusterfucks that patch days normally are.

reVerse on
  • willmannyeatthatwillmannyeatthat Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Arthil wrote: »
    I personally think keeping your tanking gear on will be better than using DPS gear, at least with the Northrend tanking gear since it has a shitload of strength on it.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. Prot soloing in DPS gear is tits. STR is not the best thing ever, and defense is totally unneeded for soloing regular mobs. You will still take barely any damage, but you will kill things much faster.

I think I'm going to take the middle road and use dps armor and 1-hander with a shield (leveling prot). Would this make sense?

willmannyeatthat on
    Pokemon Pearl: 4640 3998 1657
    edited September 2008
    Go go sudden death buff.
    Sudden Death now grants 10 rage, so that following the Execute you have 10 rage left over. In the course of testing this, we also decided Execute by itself wasn't doing enough damage, so it got a buff too (could be around +15%), which will also help the talent.

Grundlestiltskin on
  • stavesacrestavesacre Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    God damn it why now is Arms calling to me? It just looks so sexy.

stavesacre on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.