As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX 2009 - Fresh Blood

fogbertofogberto Registered User regular
edited September 2008 in PAX Archive
Well I didn't really see anywhere else to introduce myself, or talk about going to PAX next year, so I figured I'd knock them both over in this new one!

I'll keep things short, since I'm actually at work, and in the middle of a call right now =) My name is Phil, I'm 20 and I'm from Australia. I'm proud to have been a fan of Penny Arcade for a long time, though unfortunately not since the very beginning. I've got a fair bit of merchandise from the store, I donate to Child's Play, and I can't help but quote Penny Arcade comics in day-to-day life, in much the same way that a person with any real intelligence would quote Shakespeare. I figured it was about time I start posting here, as well as making a pilgrimage to PAX next year.

Also, I'm curious to know if there are any other Australians that have either gone to PAX in previous years, or who are planning to go in 2009.

fogberto on

• Options
    BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    fogberto wrote: »
    Well I didn't really see anywhere else to introduce myself, or talk about going to PAX next year, so I figured I'd knock them both over in this new one!

I'll keep things short, since I'm actually at work, and in the middle of a call right now =) My name is Phil, I'm 20 and I'm from Australia. I'm proud to have been a fan of Penny Arcade for a long time, though unfortunately not since the very beginning. I've got a fair bit of merchandise from the store, I donate to Child's Play, and I can't help but quote Penny Arcade comics in day-to-day life, in much the same way that a person with any real intelligence would quote Shakespeare. I figured it was about time I start posting here, as well as making a pilgrimage to PAX next year.

Also, I'm curious to know if there are any other Australians that have either gone to PAX in previous years, or who are planning to go in 2009.

I know theres at least 3 regulars who are aussies :P

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Options
    VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Hi, fogberto! It's good to have you here! Hopefully you'll enjoy your stay!

If you're looking for a great community, you've come to the right place! I just started being a frequent poster last year, and in what I've seen this is probably one of the most friendly and helpful places on the internet. =) (I know, toot our own horn, *toot toot* ;)=) )

Join the IRC Channel if you want to shoot the breeze anytime!

Also, if you'd be interested (as a Child's Play fan =) ), I'm sure in the next few months we'll be starting up the Cookie Brigade brainstorming... if you're coming to PAX, join our cookie baking and selling crusade! =)

Welcome! =)

Hmm... in other news, there should be some kind of welcome/introduce yourself/orientation thread, I think that could potentially be useful... but maybe I'm jumping the gun. =) PAX '09 may be too far away to worry about having an official thread for it just yet. =)

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Thanks for the warm welcome!
    Also, if you'd be interested (as a Child's Play fan =) ), I'm sure in the next few months we'll be starting up the Cookie Brigade brainstorming... if you're coming to PAX, join our cookie baking and selling crusade! =)

I'm currently in the middle of my own personal journey of baking discovery at the moment, so I'd be very happy to join the Cookie Brigade!

So far I've just made Choc Hazelnut Brownies, Chocolate Muffins, Lemon Slice, Passionfruit and Lemon Slice, and Sticky Date Puddings. Hopefully by next year I'll have upgraded my arsenal to include a wide array of delicious cookies as well. I may even have to respresent my country with some Aussie cookies.

Dont worry, there won't be any vegemite.

fogberto on
  • Options
    VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Excellent! =)=) Your efforts will be made of WIN for Child's Play! =) All of the things you've mentioned:

A) Sound delicious!
    B) Are things we can definitely sell on the cookie brigade! (Some of our most popular items last year were caramels, so we actually serve a wide variety of delicious treats =) )

It'll be perfect! Woot! =)

So yeah, join up on IRC and say hello! I personally am moving in... ack, almost 7 days, so I won't be around for a few weeks... but the natives are friendly peoples! =)

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • Options
    Queen BrewerQueen Brewer Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Cuzza, one of our Aussies, let us try some Vegemite and it was nasssty.

Queen Brewer on
    <Moe_Fwacky> once i had next door neighbors
    <Moe_Fwacky> nice girls
    <Moe_Fwacky> lesbians
    <Moe_Fwacky> robbed drugstores together
  • Options
    edited September 2008

You either

A. Spread it too thickly, or
    B. Have to be raised eating it.

Personally I can see how eating dark brown (almost black) goo, could be a daunting prospect. And it doesn't taste that good anyway... but I do enjoy it from time to time.
    (Some of our most popular items last year were caramels, so we actually serve a wide variety of delicious treats =) )

Marvelous! I'll have to just keep learning and perfecting various recipes, and then bust out whatever I feel like making when I get to PAX!

fogberto on
  • Options
    dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I just started being a frequent poster last year, and in what I've seen this is probably one of the most friendly and helpful places on the internet. =)

nah, a year ago, this place was full of assholes. odd that it changed around that time :winky:

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • Options
    Ty1012Ty1012 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Welcome! Welcome! It's always nice to get a new community member. Do you plan on Doing BYOC next year? (Bring Your Own Computer) The seats are limited but it's always nice to have a place to sit and meet the people you've been talking to here for months =p

Ty1012 on
  • Options
    LigerLiger Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Welcome! Like others said, you're not the only aussie. We have at least three who Enforce, and I met about a dozen more at Registration last year from your side of the world. Out of curiosity, what part of the country are you from?

Vegemite is tasty. :P

Liger on
    5932306549_6b4d957b56.jpg CUSTOM LANYARDS FOR PAX
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    No I won't be doing BYOC sorry, I'll be trying to move around a lot and see as much of PAX as I can while I'm there.

And I'm from Tasmania =)

fogberto on
  • Options
    dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    nice, i dig your devils!

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • Options
    GSpeezyGSpeezy Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Well...we have Macca and CuZZa...and since we're all about themes here, I dub thee: Fogga! :D

GSpeezy on
    All rights reversed; prosecutors will be violated.
  • Options
    Ty1012Ty1012 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I second Speezy's movement

Ty1012 on
  • Options
    MR.TMR.T Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Welcome fogberto! I met a few Aussies at PAX this year so you won't be alone. Plus the PAX community is awesome about accepting everyone. It's really easy to make new friends. On a side note, I've tried vegimite and I loved it!

MR.T on
  • Options
    LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

Oh, QB, you lie!!!!! Its yummy, although Marmite is better <3

Welcome, fogberto!

LewieP's Mummy on
    For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
This discussion has been closed.