As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Chat]elaide United

• JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Feral wrote: »
    James wrote: »
    joshua1 wrote: »
    Guys, I need some help. I have a stupid paper to write and I need to rock the fuck out. Any recommendations?
    Pendulum.

It was just the first thing that popped into my head.

James on
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Guys, I need some help. I have a stupid paper to write and I need to rock the fuck out. Any recommendations?

Pendulum.
    Pendulum.
    Pendulum.

I'm just excited cuz I get to see them live next month.

I wrecked my car to pendulum a few years ago.

as a result i no longer enjoy pendulum.

James: Drum and bass.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008

Pendulum.
    Pendulum.
    Pendulum.

I'm just excited cuz I get to see them live next month.

Who are they/what are they like?

They're slightly poppy drum & bass with some rock influences.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

http://www.deezer.com/#music/album/331

That sadly isn't the full album, but it has Slam and Tarantula. And those are the best tracks they've done.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
    edited September 2008
    Wow maybe if I was listening to music i'd get more work done..hm...

i better eat a cookie while i decide.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »

http://www.deezer.com/#music/album/331

That sadly isn't the full album, but it has Slam and Tarantula. And those are the best tracks they've done.
    I like Slam but I really am not a fan of Tarantula. Girl in (the?) Fire is great just for the intro part (when played at extremely loud volume).

electricitylikesme on
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I'm going to bed.

Gnight, creatures myriad and sundry.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
    edited September 2008
    Hmm, I'll have to check them out.

James on
  • joshua1joshua1 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Rocking 2 monitors is probably the best/worst thing ever for my productivity....

joshua1 on
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    The slam music video is excellent too.

SLAM

Mojo_Jojo on
  • OboroOboro __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2008
    Feral is gone.

Now, I will go too.

Goodnight. Hope that my face is better in the morning so I don't have to see a doctor! :cross fingers:

Oboro on
    words
    edited September 2008
    .....those two songs aren't rock at all!

joshua1 on
    edited September 2008
    Pendulum are Drum and Bass, not rock.

Mojo_Jojo on
    edited September 2008

Rock influences. Rock is not the primary genre.

James on
  • electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Pendulum are Drum and Bass, not rock.
    No they are the sonic recreation of the end of the universe.

electricitylikesme on
    edited September 2008
    I don't follow you sports fans. How can you rock out to something that is, by your own admission, not rock?

joshua1 on
    edited September 2008
    I don't follow you sports fans. How can you rock out to something that is, by your own admission, not rock?
    Rocking out has nothing to do with rock, and I didn't recommend it to you. I just love Pendulum and rocking out in their general direction.

Mojo_Jojo on
    edited September 2008
    The slam music video is excellent too.

SLAM

hahaha

i liked the reaction of the guys coming out of the store.

James on
    edited September 2008

Man I recommeded Motorhead and they are mostly heavy metal.

James on
  • MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Neckbeard is an insult now?

I'm laughing really hard at anybody who thinks it counts as an insult. It ranks up with calling someone an "idiotic twit."

Well typically, people with neckbeards are "of a lesser calibre." Not always true, but that is the stereotype.

Yes this is why I find it stupid and amusing.

I know most people who use the term will have picked up on the stereotype and most of them wont have seriously thought about why.

Technically, a sonic recreation of the end of the universe would be silent.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
    edited September 2008
    Rocking 2 monitors is probably the best/worst thing ever for my productivity....

No kidding. I'm doing a paper due but fortunately mine isn't due until wednesday.

With that in mind it'll be breakfast time soon. Maybe i'll catch the bus to campus and eat there. alone. :(

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
    edited September 2008

I'm laughing really hard at anybody who thinks it counts as an insult. It ranks up with calling someone an "idiotic twit."

Well typically, people with neckbeards are "of a lesser calibre." Not always true, but that is the stereotype.

I know most people who use the term will have picked up on the stereotype and most of them wont have seriously thought about why.

Did it hurt when you had to drag that through all of these post? I think the whole point of the term is to use the general unkempt notion that the neckbeard portrays as a negative thing.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
    edited September 2008
    awww.... might aswell do your paper there and avoid the temptation to maek poast. I know i should have done that.

joshua1 on
    edited September 2008
    awww.... might aswell do your paper there and avoid the temptation to maek poast. I know i should have done that.

I feel really really uncomfortable working on stuff like that in public. Although it could help to break the mold...hm...

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
    edited September 2008
    Can't you hole up in a booth in the stacks or summat? Thats private as shit. Or you could just go late. The biol. fac. library finally wisened up to the fact that students don't sleep. Ever. And now are open in 12 on weeknights.

joshua1 on
  • MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

Did it hurt when you had to drag that through all of these post? I think the whole point of the term is to use the general unkempt notion that the neckbeard portrays as a negative thing.

Bitch. I've been busy. I'll drag whatever I want if I've been away from my comp for hours orrite.

And that's what I find stupid about it, which is why I laugh at it.

Reasonableness aint gonna make me stop laughing at it, I know the reasons why it gets used. ;)

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Belated good morning, everybody!

Haphazard on
    edited September 2008
    Can't you hole up in a booth in the stacks or summat? Thats private as shit. Or you could just go late. The biol. fac. library finally wisened up to the fact that students don't sleep. Ever. And now are open in 12 on weeknights.

I do not understand the first portion of your statement about the stacks and the summat.

But you see I live in an apartment just off campus so the more private computer labs in the dorms require key cards that I do not have. So i'd have to go to one of the large and busy labs and that's just no fun.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
    edited September 2008
    You guys seem to be implying that there are people out there who aren't horrible smelly trolls who have neckbeards. You don't accidentally end up with one, you've got to shave it in. These people bring ridicule upon themselves.

Mojo_Jojo on
    edited September 2008

Bitch. I've been busy. I'll drag whatever I want if I've been away from my comp for hours orrite.

Reasonableness aint gonna make me stop laughing at it, I know the reasons why it gets used. ;)

Well then you should also laugh at the notion of the guy with terrible BO an impressive neckbeard a lack of commas mt dew spilled on his jeans and an esoteric math equation or dungeons and dragons reference in white text on his black shirt.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    good morning haps.

I slept from about 2:30 to 4:30, which SUCKED, had a nightmare and then a really weird almost funny dream. my dreams have been extremely vivid, but more importantly, extremely realistic lately. Like, there is at most one thing in a dream that is unrealistic, but usually it's just a straight thing that could really have happened. Like I'm at work without my nametag. bullshit.

at least I got to do my homework in the middle of the night instead of the early morning? I'll pretend that's a positive. Saw Being John Malkovich for the first time and that coupled with watching The Godfather this week led to me writing a creative writing story about a dad who's a puppeteer. I avoided mafia references because I didn't want to do what I sometimes do which is hint at something a bunch so people pick it up but then have it not be what I actually meant anyway.

and now I'm rambling on PA when I really should try and get some more sleep before class. boooooooo.

edit - this is not all meant to be directed at haps :P

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
    edited September 2008
    Hey Haps.

TODAY IT SHALL BE MINE!

ampegada6.jpg

James on
  • HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I thought you dreamt about me.
    Edit: Oi, beautiful! How much is it?

Haphazard on
    edited September 2008
    i had a dream about an awesome girl earlier today.

i was pretty damn sad when i didn't have another dream about said girl.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
    edited September 2008
    Haphazard wrote: »
    Oi, beautiful! How much is it?

$1500 CND.

James on
    edited September 2008

Well then you should also laugh at the notion of the guy with terrible BO an impressive neckbeard a lack of commas mt dew spilled on his jeans and an esoteric math equation or dungeons and dragons reference in white text on his black shirt.

No?

That's a full description. You also haven't assigned any negative or positive attributes to any of it. It's neutral as worded.

Mention any of those individually and expect me to recreate the stereotype based on it as you see it without question though, and I will. :)

Morninglord on
    edited September 2008

No?

That's a full description. You also haven't assigned any negative or positive attributes to any of it. It's neutral as worded.

Mention any of those individually and expect me to recreate the stereotype as you see it based on it without question though, and I will. :)

Nope. You understand my point now you're just being a silly for the sake of silly.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    James that's beautiful. you better be recording something with it that we can listen to.

goodnight all. hopefully.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
    edited September 2008
    Somebody trim that quote tree before it gains sentience and kills us all.

Mojo_Jojo on
    edited September 2008
    Variable wrote: »
    James that's beautiful. you better be recording something with it that we can listen to.

goodnight all. hopefully.

Eventually!

Night, Var.

James on
This discussion has been closed.