As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Keyboard and mouse for xbox 360

El MuchoEl Mucho Registered User regular
edited September 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
Hey H/A,

Does anybody have any experience with using keyboard and mouse attachments for the xbox 360?

If the experience was good can you recommend a particular product for purchase?

A quick google search brought this one up XFPS, however I don't know if I completely trust the reviews.

Thanks for any information.

BNet: ElMucho#1392
Origin: theRealElMucho
El Mucho on

• Options
    bigpandabigpanda Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Since they're not supported for controlling games in the traditional sense don't dump a ton of money on them. From my experience they're there just to help you navigate menus and enter text. I'd just pick up the cheapest ones that function that you can find.

I have a nice logitech one that I use for computer gaming that I just plug in when I need to type a bunch of text, but if I didn't have it I'd just buy a cheap $5 one or see if anyone had a spare one they'd be willing to give you.

bigpanda on
  • Options
    El MuchoEl Mucho Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Have you tried them on games like Halo 3 or COD4?

El Mucho on
    BNet: ElMucho#1392
    Origin: theRealElMucho
  • Options
    wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    you cannot use a kb/mouse to play games on the 360.

you can use a keyboard to enter text in, that's about it.

wunderbar on
    XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • Options
    Fizban140Fizban140 Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2008
    I used a keyboard and mouse adapter for the xbox, I tried it with Halo but the delay was so bad that you were better off using a controller.

Fizban140 on
  • Options
    The Crowing OneThe Crowing One Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    The only gaming I ever did with a keyboard for the 360 was FFXI, and that was awkward.

As others have said, the games don't support it, but if you use your 360 to text or something they can be useful. Grabbing a cheap wireless that you can tuck away in a drawer helps quite a bit.

The Crowing One on
    3rddocbottom.jpg
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I really, really, REALLY like the chatpad for the 360 controller.

xbox360_chatpad.jpg

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Raiden333 wrote: »
    I really, really, REALLY like the chatpad for the 360 controller.

xbox360_chatpad.jpg

Yea, I actually do have that, and I love it. Dont' actually use MSN on the 360 all that much, but my controller feels, off, if I am using one without the chatpad now.

wunderbar on
    XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar