As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla] G&F Versus the Interesting 8 - [End Day] Beastmen, dozens of them.

• Options
    ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Not to throw a wrench under the bandwagon, but we're basing it on a hunch at this point?

I'm inclined to think that warban most likely got in contact with some specials, so there might be a better lead. Unless of course, there is proof that Burnage is one of the Interesting 8, and then he's got to go.

Shamus on
  • Options
    delrolanddelroland Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    No, it's exactly that, from what I can tell: a hunch. Unfortunately, we don't have anything better to go on, at least so far.

delroland on
    EVE: Online - the most fun you will ever have not playing a game.
    "Go up, thou bald head." -2 Kings 2:23
  • Options
    ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Warban's dead, that's a slight problem.

Thetheroo on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Thetheroo wrote: »

I was more hinting that in his brief stay, he was able to put something together. It's a bit risky though, you're right.

Shamus on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Shamus wrote: »

I was more hinting that in his brief stay, he was able to put something together. It's a bit risky though, you're right.

Oh, I thought you were saying we ask him.

Thetheroo on
  • Options
    WilDPanthA05WilDPanthA05 Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

Pardon my ignorance (if that is the case), but how would he have been able to gather that kind of intel on Day 1 aside from just pm'ing numerous amounts of people?

WilDPanthA05 on
  • Options
    edited October 2008

Pardon my ignorance (if that is the case), but how would he have been able to gather that kind of intel on Day 1 aside from just pm'ing numerous amounts of people?

People PMing him.

Thetheroo on
  • Options
    minigunwielderminigunwielder __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2008
    Rainfall wrote: »
    (a) This is not a seering.

(b) This is not a grudge vote.

This is Rainfall Intuition. Something about Burnage is setting my nerves on edge. I dunno if he's #3 or not, that day 1 vote was just a throwaway, but now he's acting odd. I've read the thread three times and each time my brain says 'something is up with that Burnage guy.'

I don't offer a guarantee on this. I'm no seer(I suck as a seer.) But dammit, he's setting my teeth on edge.

!Burnage

Also, guard me, because rainfall is obviously the odd day seer and I am the even one.

Also, did you get the first edition of the new book Rainfall?

minigunwielder on
  • Options
    Jester313Jester313 Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Here's my question issue. Rainfall threw Burnage under the bus on day one, even calling out his role (The Interesting Third). Now that we've seen the naming conventions of the bad guys (Interesting 7, etc.) does it not make anyone else see red flags all over the place.

1) Somehow Rainfall seered Burnage before the vote close, or
    2) Rainfall is a bad guy who had access to the naming conventions and tried to throw Burnage out as a distraction.

Thoughts?

Jester313 on
  • Options
    sportzboytjwsportzboytjw squeeeeeezzeeee some more tax breaks outRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Yes, please explain Rainy.

sportzboytjw on
    Walkerdog on MTGO
    TylerJ on League of Legends (it's free and fun!)
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Yeah, what the hell is this? Rainfall calls me the Interesting Third or something, then backtracks and claims 'it's just intuition olol'? It's not like I started the bandwagon that got her killed in the last main phalla or anything.

Oh, wait.

I'm not an important role in this, I'm a damn scrap metal collecting ship. I can kill inactives.

There's my 'epic' reveal. If you want to vote for me, feel free, but this just seems like Rainfall's using a grudge to get a bandwagon started on me for no reason.

Burnage on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Dunno, seems too boneheaded to be intentional. /shrug

And I have red voted people correctly on hunches before; sometimes you just feel a pattern to someone's posts.

delroland on
  • Options
    Unearthly StewUnearthly Stew Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Hey man, I'll have you know that in Phallout II Rainfall's assessment of me was spot on.

Just throwing that out there.

----

I think you're on the wrong path here, Jester. Perhaps Gumpy saw what a good naming convention Rainfall had created and used it?

Unearthly Stew on
  • Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Burnage wrote: »
    Yeah, what the hell is this? Rainfall calls me the Interesting Third or something, then backtracks and claims 'it's just intuition olol'? It's not like I started the bandwagon that got her killed in the last main phalla or anything.

Oh, wait.

I'm not an important role in this, I'm a damn scrap metal collecting ship. I can kill inactives.

There's my 'epic' reveal. If you want to vote for me, feel free, but this just seems like Rainfall's using a grudge to get a bandwagon started on me for no reason.

Now that is a reveal I do not trust !Burnage. I mean it's the GM's job to kill inactives, not players.

Toxic Toys on
    3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • Options
    WilDPanthA05WilDPanthA05 Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I think you're on the wrong path here, Jester. Perhaps Gumpy saw what a good naming convention Rainfall had created and used it?

Wouldn't that leave a helluva lot up to coincidence then?

WilDPanthA05 on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Infidel wrote: »
    !I'm Interesting and Eight :winky:

During the signup phase, before roles were assigned. Rainfall wasn't the first to use that terminology. Not saying he is innocent, but I thought along those lines as well, and I don't think it pans out.

delroland on
  • Options
    IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Yeah. Why would we want to remove those that still count as not-Interesting, hmm, !Burnage?

Ianator on
    steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Gumpy wrote: »
    Gumpy and Friends versus The Interesting 8

The first post of the thread.

delroland on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    delroland wrote: »
    Gumpy wrote: »
    Gumpy and Friends versus The Interesting 8

The first post of the thread.

That was an edited in. It originally read "Gumpy & Friends vs the Generic Bad People"

Unearthly Stew on
  • Options
    real_pochaccoreal_pochacco Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Rainfall another vig you say? Well hmm, I guess I'll !retract Rainfall and !vote Burnage

real_pochacco on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Actually, burnage's role makes sense, I assume it allows him to absorb the roles of inactive players so that the village is not unjustly penalized when they are removed.

minigunwielder on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Guys, I'm so fucking tired it hurts, retract your votes immediatly!

LOG ON IN THE MIDDLE OF MIDNIGHT FOR THE PURPOSE OF A FORUM GAME GODDAMNIT!

Signing off, finding my copy of TWEWY in the hopes that beautiful people singing in foreign tongues will lull me to sleep.

Wait, I just watched the SIlent Hill 4 LP, not going to fucking sleep, not after the last one.

Shit.

minigunwielder on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Actually, burnage's role makes sense, I assume it allows him to absorb the roles of inactive players so that the village is not unjustly penalized when they are removed.

That's an interesting idea. Do we risk it tho'?

Shamus on
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Interesting !Burnage until another Interesting persona comes along.

Egos on
  • Options
    edited October 2008

That's an interesting idea. Do we risk it tho'?

Yes.

minigunwielder on
  • Options
    real_pochaccoreal_pochacco Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    MGW who do you suggest we vote for?

real_pochacco on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    the runner up.

minigunwielder on
  • Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Burnage wrote: »

FYI, 'Fires of Inactivity' doesn't sound like a role power. The GM is doing a fine job of nuking inactives(on the first night, no less) and I don't think your reveal holds water.

MGW, he said nothing about getting inactives powers. He just said killing them. If he claimed something effective, I would have let it slide. This is just stupid though. Also, first edition of what new book huh?

Jester, I used simple logic. If we're facing against the Interesting Eight, it's only natural that they would be entitled the Interesting First Through Eighth. However, I saw The Interesting 7 in the kill list, so it looks like my assumption was wrong.

Rainfall on
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Jesus. When I die and show up as "Inactivus" could you people kill Rainfall for me?

Burnage on
  • Options
    ArasakiArasaki Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Burnage, if you aren't lying then you have an effectively worthless power as the GM kills inactives too.

As it is, I'm slightly on the fence here. I don't really believe you, but I'm going to wait for a bit any see if anything more conclusive shows up.

Arasaki on
  • Options
    Stew_StickStew_Stick Dinner UKRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Regarding the whole Interesting Seven/Seventh thing, Gumpy's always referred to members as Interesting One, Two, Three, etc. Not saying this is definitely the case here (although it looks like it from the narration) but I'd wager that they're all named this way.

Unless there's some type of doppelgänger shenanigans wherein we'd have 2 sets of Interesting people.

Stew_Stick on
  • Options
    Jester313Jester313 Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Alright. Good discussion everyone. If Burnage's real role is that of killing inactives, he's pretty pointless. However, I'd hate to kill off another good guy just because he has a lame ability.

Anyone have any other targets in mind?

Jester313 on
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Rainfall wrote: »
    The GM is doing a fine job of nuking inactives(on the first night, no less) and I don't think your reveal holds water.
    Jester, I used simple logic. If we're facing against the Interesting Eight, it's only natural that they would be entitled the Interesting First Through Eighth. However, I saw The Interesting 7 in the kill list, so it looks like my assumption was wrong.

Wait, there was an inactivity kill? Where was that?

And I don't see why people are having a hard time with Interesting 7 being member #7, in Gods phalla where I was part of the original Interesting 8 we all had numbered avatars and Gumpy renamed our accounts to be "Interesting _" and all, he was pretty gungho about it.

We also were 9 members because we added Ardor after we formed up. Sneaky! There won't be two Interesting factions, that makes no sense to me.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    Sheep Have WoolSheep Have Wool Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I agree with Stew, and I still like WilDPanthA05 as an alternative.

Sheep Have Wool on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    I agree with Stew, and I still like WilDPanthA05 as an alternative.

I said no such thing you treacherous swine!

At any rate, I honestly don't think that Rainfall is a seer. The terminology is similar, yes, but it isn't that big of a stretch to go from interesting 3 to interesting third.
    I trust in Rainfall's intuition, as it got me killed in Phallout II. Burnage!

Unearthly Stew on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Also: I'm heading out to work now and won't be back until 8 central time. Even when I do get back I'll probably be watching the VP debate.

Unearthly Stew on
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Guys.... seriously...

if Rainy's a vig, then fine.. I won't vote for her... but I'm trusting Burnage's reveal.

there's some authenticity to it that comes without being 'epic'.

!retract Rainfall

!vote TTR

nothing personal buddy, but we can't afford to lose 2 specials.

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    and with that, i'm off to work... g'luck see y'all after close

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    So we're bandwagoning Burnage based on Rainfall's hunch, and if Burnage shows up innocent, we'll presumably kill Rainfall next?

I don't like this.

I don't like the current trend of epic reveals by whoever is being bandwagoned either.

But I don't have any better suspects in mind. Goose! didn't exactly leave much of a trail. So, for the time being, !Burnage must burn.

Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    !Rainfall 'cos her logic is not logic as we know it, captain.

Me say 'getting better but not more better enough!'

BobCesca on