As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WoW] Warriors: It's my rage and I need it NOW!

• reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Fury

* Battle Shout attack power increase has been lowered from 550 to 548.

Mm...hmm.

The sad thing is, I'm absolutely sure there's someone out there who is genuinely upset about this nerf.

reVerse on
  • HamurabiHamurabi MiamiRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    reVerse wrote: »
    Fury

* Battle Shout attack power increase has been lowered from 550 to 548.

Mm...hmm.

The sad thing is, I'm absolutely sure there's someone out there who is genuinely upset about this nerf.

Hunters.

Hamurabi on
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Berserker Rage being able to be used in all stances is huge. I am trying to think of any reason to stance dance now other than intercept as prot. And I rarely use intercept if I am doing my job holding aggro, especially with warbringer now.

This is sexy, but stance dancing is very quickly dieing which is kind sad since it made difference between an ok warrior and a great warrior.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Finally got 36 on my RAF warrior and got to play with the new WW (back when I used to warrior it up it was 1 hand only). Up to this point I had been avoiding using zerker stance because I was just taking more damage without doing appreciably more dps.

While I was training, I changed my spec from http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=LGMxdhdoZV to http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=LZVVzuxxoz, and holy crap am I suddenly destroying things. I was sad about losing imp Overpower, but this has just been awesome thus far.

Grundlestiltskin on
    3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
    edited October 2008
    So just how (arena) viable will prot warriors actually be? Warbringer, Safeguard, Revenge and SS hitting for "significant" damage, etc. Will it be like fury viable, or actually viable?

Grundlestiltskin on
  • The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    You'll want to go zerker to intercept, since that's on a seperate CD from charge.

But damn prot warriors got it made now

Not even that, with Charge being usable in Defensive stance. Unless you wanted to use it for the interupt. Which to be honest, I very rarely ever did outside some Kara fights.

edit: err, I completely read that wrong. Ignore me. :P

The Wolfman on
    "The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2008
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Berserker Rage being able to be used in all stances is huge. I am trying to think of any reason to stance dance now other than intercept as prot. And I rarely use intercept if I am doing my job holding aggro, especially with warbringer now.

This is sexy, but stance dancing is very quickly dieing which is kind sad since it made difference between an ok warrior and a great warrior.

Back when I played my 60 warrior, I was never very good at stance dancing. I could hold agro just fine, but oh boy, if a boss feared, it was pure luck if I was able to get B-Rage off. Same would go for Mocking Blow, Rend and Hamstring. Just something I was never able to grasp very well.

Then again, when I first reached 60 I was never any good at tanking period. I'd charge in, sunder 5 times, and then just do nothing with my additional rage. Wasn't until later that I learned "oh hai Shield Block, Revenge, Demo Shout, and Heroic Strike."

This is probably why I was a great druid tank at 70. Easier to play.

JustinSane07 on
  • MayGodHaveMercyMayGodHaveMercy Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    So just how (arena) viable will prot warriors actually be? Warbringer, Safeguard, Revenge and SS hitting for "significant" damage, etc. Will it be like fury viable, or actually viable?

As long as you have a hunter in your group for MS.

The irony is delicious.

MayGodHaveMercy on
    XBL: Mercy XXVI - Steam: Mercy_XXVI - PSN: Mercy XXVI
    edited October 2008

Back when I played my 60 warrior, I was never very good at stance dancing. I could hold agro just fine, but oh boy, if a boss feared, it was pure luck if I was able to get B-Rage off. Same would go for Mocking Blow, Rend and Hamstring. Just something I was never able to grasp very well.

Then again, when I first reached 60 I was never any good at tanking period. I'd charge in, sunder 5 times, and then just do nothing with my additional rage. Wasn't until later that I learned "oh hai Shield Block, Revenge, Demo Shout, and Heroic Strike."

You uh... you also realize you're supposed to keep sundering, even after you hit 5 stacks... right?

The Wolfman on
    "The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • FrylockHolmesFrylockHolmes Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    you still can't hamstring in defensive stance, right?

FrylockHolmes on
  • ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Actually Sunder Armor never really had any benefit if you had all five stacks up, you'd hit it every once in awhile to keep the buff up but that's about it.

Arthil on
    PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • MgcwMgcw Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Arthil wrote: »
    Actually Sunder Armor never really had any benefit if you had all five stacks up, you'd hit it every once in awhile to keep the buff up but that's about it.

Uhh, Sunder still causes a lot of aggro with the debuff maxed.
    you still can't hamstring in defensive stance, right?

Correct.

Mgcw on
    edited October 2008
    Mgcw wrote: »
    Arthil wrote: »

Uhh, Sunder still causes a lot of aggro with the debuff maxed.

The same amount, in fact, if I recall correctly. Sunder was/is a static amount of threat.

Grundlestiltskin on
    edited October 2008

You uh... you also realize you're supposed to keep sundering, even after you hit 5 stacks... right?

Back when I had no idea how to tank? Hell no. I'd sunder up to 5 times, let it tick off, then sunder 5 more times! It was the perfect strategy!

Ah, I miss before 2.0. It was good times.

Edit: I was probably tanking like that around 1.5-ish times. I think that's when my warrior hit 60.

I have all kinds of stories about how bad I was. 1.3 hit like two weeks after I started playing. I was playing a Hunter (which I played all the way up until my account got hacked this summer). We were one of 3 guilds raiding MC. I was the guilds lead puller. I knew how to split that double pull after the giants at the beginning of MC. I was the tits at doing those kinds of things. What I couldn't do? DPS. I was Captain Auto Shot with no pet. The only use my pets ever got in a raid were pulling Geddon and that other boss down the long hallway. I didn't understand using Multi Shot and Aimed Shot mid rotation (remember, Steady Shot wasn't even thought of yet and Arcane Shot had not yet been buffed). It was brutal how bad I actually was at the game at the time, but everyone in my guild thought I was the best huntar evar.

JustinSane07 on
    edited October 2008

Back when I had no idea how to tank? Hell no. I'd sunder up to 5 times, let it tick off, then sunder 5 more times! It was the perfect strategy!

Ah, I miss before 2.0. It was good times.

Edit: I was probably tanking like that around 1.5-ish times. I think that's when my warrior hit 60.

I have all kinds of stories about how bad I was. 1.3 hit like two weeks after I started playing. I was playing a Hunter (which I played all the way up until my account got hacked this summer). We were one of 3 guilds raiding MC. I was the guilds lead puller. I knew how to split that double pull after the giants at the beginning of MC. I was the tits at doing those kinds of things. What I couldn't do? DPS. I was Captain Auto Shot with no pet. The only use my pets ever got in a raid were pulling Geddon and that other boss down the long hallway. I didn't understand using Multi Shot and Aimed Shot mid rotation (remember, Steady Shot wasn't even thought of yet and Arcane Shot had not yet been buffed). It was brutal how bad I actually was at the game at the time, but everyone in my guild thought I was the best huntar evar.

Oh, yeah I didn't mean any disrespect or anything. It was a pretty funny thing to read and imagine.

"I'm sundering up to the 5 cap and then stopping. Why can't I hold aggro?"

"Uhhh, well...

The Wolfman on
  • Dublo7Dublo7 Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    So I'm level 70. What are the good dungeons to start getting some decent tank gear?

Dublo7 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Dublo7 wrote: »
    So I'm level 70. What are the good dungeons to start getting some decent tank gear?

This should get you started.

Its a little outdated, but still a very quick and easy way to get yourself 490 defense, some not-awful stamina, and ready to do some tanking. I'd suggest the first thing you do is stockpile some honor and get a Merciless Shield Wall. It ranks higher in most tank lists than anything from badges or Karazhan, is a gigantic amount of armor and stamina, and you can get it while dicking around in Alterac Valley while you watch TV.

Alternatively, wait 40 days and get outfitted in Northrend.

Kid Presentable on
  • shanisshanis LCDR, US Navy Maryland, USARegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    The amount of DPS that protection puts out now is sick and quite hilarious. I can't believe what a turnaround it is. As a long-time guild MT, I'd gotten pretty good at dual-wielding devastate/HS spam. Now I'm not even considering it, instead creating a DPS set that combines crit/str/shield block and a slow 1hd sword like "Heartless" from ZA.

And yes, using the Auto-Blocker in combination with the Brewfest Coin is just wicked.

Sorry, had to rant.

shanis on
    Origin(BF4) - hunter28100 / Steam - Shanis

"Uh, I have never said that you are not good at what you do. It's just that what you do is not worth doing." -S.C.
  • SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

Its a little outdated, but still a very quick and easy way to get yourself 490 defense, some not-awful stamina, and ready to do some tanking. I'd suggest the first thing you do is stockpile some honor and get a Merciless Shield Wall. It ranks higher in most tank lists than anything from badges or Karazhan, is a gigantic amount of armor and stamina, and you can get it while dicking around in Alterac Valley while you watch TV.

Thing to remember about that list is that it is stuff that doesn't drop in instances. Sure some of them you have to complete a quest that is in an instance, but the item itself doesn't depend on a random drop from a specific boss.

Seg on
  • Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Seg wrote: »

Thing to remember about that list is that it is stuff that doesn't drop in instances. Sure some of them you have to complete a quest that is in an instance, but the item itself doesn't depend on a random drop from a specific boss.

I can't tell if you're making this point too, but yes, that is true, and that's why the list is so nice. You can go down the list, hit up the Auction House, go do a few quick quests, and walk out with 490 defense and 12k hp.

Kid Presentable on
  • Mad JazzMad Jazz gotta go fast AustinRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    shanis wrote: »
    The amount of DPS that protection puts out now is sick and quite hilarious. I can't believe what a turnaround it is. As a long-time guild MT, I'd gotten pretty good at dual-wielding devastate/HS spam. Now I'm not even considering it, instead creating a DPS set that combines crit/str/shield block and a slow 1hd sword like "Heartless" from ZA.

And yes, using the Auto-Blocker in combination with the Brewfest Coin is just wicked.

Sorry, had to rant.

I'm just waiting for my char transfer to the test server to go through, then I'll be slamming away with everyone else.

On a related note, this is the spec I'm planning at 70 to start the leveling process. From the little bits of other specs I've looked at, it seems pretty similar to what everyone else is doing, but thoughts anyway?

Mad Jazz on
    camo_sig2.png
    edited October 2008
    So here's a question; given that it's becoming increasingly likely my warrior will actually be 60 by the time the patch hits (47 now, averaging about 5 levels per major play session), will TG be worth taking from 60-70? Or will the utter lack of hit gear make it incredibly painful?

Grundlestiltskin on
  • WavechaserWavechaser Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    So here's a question; given that it's becoming increasingly likely my warrior will actually be 60 by the time the patch hits (47 now, averaging about 5 levels per major play session), will TG be worth taking from 60-70? Or will the utter lack of hit gear make it incredibly painful?

It'll be fine.

Bursty, but still fuckawesome.

Wavechaser on
    edited October 2008
    In that case, wish I could get into pug BWLs and dual wield Untamed Blades for my grind. God that would be awesome.

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=19334

Grundlestiltskin on
    edited October 2008
    Dual Wield Asscandy's would be about 500,000 times cooler.

Wavechaser on
    edited October 2008
    Wavechaser wrote: »

Except that TUB looks cooler, and has a fun proc.

Getting that and crusader to proc on my original warrior was party time for 2H fury.

Grundlestiltskin on
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    You are still going to want to stack as much hit as humanely possible.

even regular DW can be painfull at times if the mobs are a couple levels above you

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2008
    Balefuego wrote: »

even regular DW can be painfull at times if the mobs are a couple levels above you

Oh I'm aware. It would just be infinitely more painful to be missing with little hit and swinging twice as slow.

Grundlestiltskin on
    edited October 2008

Getting that and crusader to proc on my original warrior was party time for 2H fury.

Lies. Asscandy > TUB

Wavechaser on
    edited October 2008
    Asscandy > TUB

Oh man. That's a quote for the ages.

JustinSane07 on
    edited October 2008

Oh I'm aware. It would just be infinitely more painful to be missing with little hit and swinging twice as slow.

yeah I remember fighting a rare elite in Zangamarsh once on my fury warrior as I was leveling and both it and I were in the red thanks to an add, my health pot was on cool down and then I miss, miss, had 2 executes parried and whoosh I died.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2008

It's almost unnoticeable. On my warrior with practically zero hit (a little over 100) and I was doing about 1250 dps on the level 70 dummy.

Wavechaser on
  • dojangodojango Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    one thing i've noticed is that tank gear is a little thin on the ground in northrend. course, I replaced a lot of outland greens and blues, and gained about 4000 hp in 6 levels, but lost a lot of defense. I reckon if you've got tanking purples, you'll keep using them for a while.

dojango on
    edited October 2008
    isnt defense one of the stats getting a huge overhaul?

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Don't think so.

There are no more crushing blows and druids with the talent won't need any defense to be uncrittable, but I'm not away of any changes to the base defense ratings.

Bigity on
  • lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

Lies. CuM > Asscandy > TUB

Fixed.

lionheart_m on
    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    isnt defense one of the stats getting a huge overhaul?

It may. One option the devs are keeping open is double parry benefit from def for DKs, and I assume double dodge benefit for druids, because they don't get block.

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • 815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Druids won't have any defence though, there isn't any on leather past level 71.

815165 on
  • SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    815165 wrote: »
    Druids won't have any defence though, there isn't any on leather past level 71.

Rings, necklaces, capes? There's like to be some defense hanging around, and I certainly wouldn't mind getting some good dodge out of it, and/or enough to drop me to 2/3 survive of the fittest.

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Why would you drop any points from Survival of the Fittest? It's like your personal mini-Kings.

reVerse on
This discussion has been closed.