As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Thread for Tabletop Nerds

12346»

• trentsteeltrentsteel Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Can we wear fancy smoking jackets and drink hard liquor with only one cube of ice for mix?

trentsteel on
    http://www.botsnthings.com/
    I made a TD for iphone and windows phone!

• Monkey Ball WarriorMonkey Ball Warrior A collection of mediocre hats Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I honestly want to start/attend a tabletop game/campaign/farse with other people from seattle. Like, the kind with dice. Alternantly, Catan. Or a LAN.

The thing about IRL gaming with people from the internet is that it is difficult to justify going 500 miles to play Ninja Burger.

Monkey Ball Warrior on
    "I resent the entire notion of a body as an ante and then raise you a generalized dissatisfaction with physicality itself" -- Tycho
  • sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    trentsteel wrote: »
    Can we wear fancy smoking jackets and drink hard liquor with only one cube of ice for mix?

God, of course, yes.

sarukun on
    edited October 2008
    This girl at my tabletop club joked about bringing Twister to the next session. This is possibly the worst idea I've ever heard.

Saru, the problem is that there's always some guy that is simply unsavory and has no social graces. There would have to be an application process, like a country club.

Oh, absofuckinglutely.

I'm talking dress codes and shit. Don't bother coming out if you haven't got a collared shirt. Neckbeards need not apply.

sarukun on
    edited October 2008
    I have to admit I'm not a big fan of Killer Bunnies, it just feels like there's so much randomness that has absolutely nothing to do with actually winning the game. Of course, this might also be due to the fact that the first time I played, I was playing with people who owned EVERY EXPANSION. Munchkin is like this too, to a lesser extent, but I haven't played Munchkin enough to really give an accurate accounting of it.

It's not my favorite game. It's silly to pull out once in a while, and the flavor text on the cards is usually awesome.

The biggest dumb thing about Bunnies is that it had cards in it that referenced cards that were in expansions that were not out yet. It was a little irritating in that respect.

sarukun on
    edited October 2008
    I was just thinking, "It sucks we couldn't even pool our money to make this rad club in some old english-type building with globes and walls covered in books because we all live so far apart."

Then I got the wickedest idea.

Picture this, it is an old english building for our gaming Club that exists in a pocket dimension linked by our various closets. We can meet up in it anytime.

Picture yourself, fixing your tie, coming your hair back, polishing your shoes and getting your cigars ready--your roommates are looking at you weird--then you go into your room, push the clothes in your closet back and make the secret knock...

trentsteel on

• CogliostroCogliostro Marginal Opinions Spring, TXRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Settler's of Catan is freakin AWESOME.

We had game day at my college and it was busted out. It is the only time I can legitimately scream out "I've got wood for sheep!"

I want to get my boss the deluxe edition:
    IMG_2485.jpg
    IMG_2495.jpg
    IMG_2496.jpg

It's like $300, though... but so worth it!

I know the images are big, but you have to see them to see the quality of the collector's edition.

Cogliostro on
  • ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Daaaang.

ChicoBlue on
  • Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    That reminds me of my first significant tabletop game purchase:
    380x350_ee159d11.jpg

When you're on a boat below deck for four hours at a time, Batten Down the Hatches and Yacht are pretty damn fun.

Rhesus Positive on
    [Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Jesus Cog, that Catan's set makes me hard.

BYToady on
    Battletag BYToady#1454
    edited October 2008
    Wow that's nice. I still haven't got to play that game.

trentsteel on

• SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    BYToady wrote: »
    Jesus Cog, that Catan's set makes me hard.

It's got full 3D land tiles as well. That's right, Catan now comes with TOPOGRAPHY.

Squall on
  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    yeah, i saw the catan collector's set at a convention couple years back

i want it sooooooooooooooooo bad

but it's so expensive

Pony on
  • Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Man, i really want to get in to a DnD night, but the only friend i have who runs DnD campaigns says he'd rather not have me there as I'd get too hostile toward the other players for being idiots. We've tried this before and the group he is DMing right now had an arguement every time there was a fork in the road that would take 20 minutes to decide left or right. So i got them all killed.

They fucking deserved it.

Anyone starting an interbutt campaign?

Bendery It Like Beckham on
  • Fire TruckFire Truck I love my SELFRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Dichotomy wrote: »
    I love Risk

I always play the pacifist and fortify a continent and never pick a fight with anyone and build up and up and for some reason I always win.

I've seen some kind of "new" edition of Risk in stores and I'm curious but at the same time frightened

Speaking from personal experience, Risk 2210 a.d. is hells of fun. It makes it a lot more difficult to hole up in, say, Australia and just build up. There are so many ways you can be attacked, and good use of commander cards (which can get you extra units, allow you to retreat, nuke the shit out of a random country, etc.) makes the game harder to predict.

Fire Truck on