As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Moment of the Week - Harvest Edition (10/1/08)

1235»

• Options
    humblehumble Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Keith wrote: »
    Me Too! wrote: »
    Ok so who is the huge fucking dragon
    I must've missed that, since I just started reading 7 or 8 issues (or a year and a half) ago.

You didn't read the older stuff first?

Couldn't find it, didn't have money, and I had read most of the spoilers
    It's not like it was hard to jump into, I think Oliver was the only thing I hadn't read about yet

I'm not saying it's hard to jump into, I just usually like to read all of something instead of jumping in 40 issues or so in (unless it's a long ongoing series). But to each his own, I guess.

keith guesssss what i got darwyn cooke to finally sign my absolute new frontier.

and he also put out an independent art book that i think is only sold at a local shop

humble on
  • Options
    psycojesterpsycojester Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Yeah, I'm surprised Kirkman did that.

Yeah he'd better have a goddamn explanation for how
    Angstrom went from beaten to death by a ultra-strong out of control Mark in a post-apocalyptic wasteland to owner of a terrible cape. Either Mark is absolutely fucking terrible at judging life signs or this is an arsepull on Kirkmans behalf.

psycojester on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    sportzboytjwsportzboytjw squeeeeeezzeeee some more tax breaks outRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Couldn't it be both?

Nah, but really, couldn't it be an alternate Timeline/Universe version?

sportzboytjw on
    Walkerdog on MTGO
    TylerJ on League of Legends (it's free and fun!)
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited October 2008
    humble wrote: »
    I must've missed that, since I just started reading 7 or 8 issues (or a year and a half) ago.

It's not like it was hard to jump into, I think Oliver was the only thing I hadn't read about yet

I'm not saying it's hard to jump into, I just usually like to read all of something instead of jumping in 40 issues or so in (unless it's a long ongoing series). But to each his own, I guess.

keith guesssss what i got darwyn cooke to finally sign my absolute new frontier.

and he also put out an independent art book that i think is only sold at a local shop

:(:(:(

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    psycojesterpsycojester Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Couldn't it be both?

Given that only one version in all of the dimensions had that ability, i'm still going to have to file that under arsepull.

psycojester on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    sportzboytjwsportzboytjw squeeeeeezzeeee some more tax breaks outRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Couldn't it be both?

Given that only one version in all of the dimensions had that ability, i'm still going to have to file that under arsepull.

Fair enough. I don't typically like that explanation either.

sportzboytjw on
    Walkerdog on MTGO
    TylerJ on League of Legends (it's free and fun!)
  • Options
    CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Balefuego wrote: »
    I thought Keith and I were the only people here who didn't like Ellis

I don't like him either. And I've mentioned before that I got kicked off another board arguing over Ellis. Although in retrospect I think it was my accusations that some of the RPG writers on the board (one in particular) stole rather brazenly and regularly ideas from Transmet. Then again maybe it was because I said Futurama was a funnier version of Transmet than Transmet.

Although I do admit that the core story of speaking truth to power and holding it accountable was neat. It was just buried (literally in some issues) in shit.

Crimsondude on
  • Options
    Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Then again maybe it was because I said Futurama was a funnier version of Transmet than Transmet.
    this makes no sense

Sars_Boy on
  • Options
    CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Have you seen the religion episode?

Crimsondude on
  • Options
    Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    so one episode of futurama is similar to one issue of transmet

your assessment is totally accurate

Sars_Boy on
  • Options
    edited October 2008

i can try and get you one if you reaaaaaallllllyyyyyy want one

humble on
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    That would be a kickass Secret Santron gift too, humble.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    SageinaRageSageinaRage Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    My moment was getting the complete Sinestro Corp War in hardcover, as well as Nextwave vol. 2. I'm still waiting on Nextwave 1, and Absolute Sandman 1 and 2.

SageinaRage on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2008

i will check it out tomorrow

the only problem is i dont know what the print run on them is. i am supposed to be getting one through my store, we are on really good terms with them so they offered to give us enough for staff i think.

humble on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited October 2008

i can try and get you one if you reaaaaaallllllyyyyyy want one

you know it

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    werehippywerehippy Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

Speaking of which, when is the Secret Santron sign up thread going to be going up? I missed the GV one last year and I want to make sure I catch it this time around.

werehippy on
  • Options
    Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2008

If I could've found the trades, I would have
    But I think that I jumped in at like 46 or 47, which would be in the middle of a trade
    And fuck waiting on another trade before I jump in

Me Too! on