As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Old HALO TBK Thread - GO TO THE NEW ONE!

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    i am having the hardest fucking time connecting to XBL and i have no idea why

it passes the test right up the the "xbox live" bar and says XBL is down

Local H Jay on
  • LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2008
    Up and running

Users may experience issues when attempting to browse the Video Marketplace. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your patience.

So...it may just be having more problems than that...?

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Leitner wrote: »
    Dixon wrote: »
    I bet the school has limited the MTU amount I believe it has to be around the 14920 mark, maybe a bit under. This is a change that has to be made to the router though that is controlling the network. However I find it hard it hard to believe that no one else in the building has an xbox. Maybe talk to other people that are having a similiar problem.

Maybe you should try using the computer as a bridge

I'm pretty sure it isn't that. I had a similar fault last year when I was attempting to set it up on a different network, suffice to say I wasn't the one who fixed it in the end. I can't use my pc as a bridge as it only has one network port. Unfortunalty I appear to have screwed up the original network I had so can no longer access live. So I won't be on tonight, tommorow I'll call their support services and see if they can help me.

You don't have it set to acquire a manual ip address or dns? Google common problems that cause the MTU error for live. I'm sure you'll find your fix there

On a side note, I was thirtsy and only had red bulls so I'm on my 3rd woot. However writing a paper is killing me...need to kill people...in halo

Dixon on
  • WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Christ Dixon, your heart's going to implode at that rate.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    4 more exp in DLC FFA and I'll be a lieutenant. :D

SkutSkut on
  • Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I'm in the same boat, Dix. Gotta write some boring-as-hell paper on The Tale of Genji which I naturally have not read, but having immediate access to all the current generation consoles plus internet in my room is not helping all that much.

Mx. Quill on
    edited October 2008
    Im gonna take a break and beast on some people

Dixon on
  • ZercofZercof Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    20 more exp in SWAT and I'll be a lieutenant. :D

Zercof on
    Zercof.png
    edited October 2008
    anyone want to join me and skutskut's beasting and clutching?

Dixon on
    edited October 2008
    SkutSkut wrote: »
    4 more exp in DLC FFA and I'll be a lieutenant. :D

Woop woop!

Join the cool club :D

Willeth on
  • YorkerYorker Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    anyone want to join me and skutskut's beasting and clutching?

Sorry brah, i played some real beastin games earlier but right now i am rewatching aliens.

Yorker on
    76561198037322631.png
  • AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I'll be hopping on in a minute or so if anyone wants to play.

Also, I just bought a 1600 MS Points card. What to do? I could get Mega Man 9 and Bionic Commando. Or, I could get Castle Crashers and Sonic 2. OR, I could just get the Penny Arcade game.

AuburnTiger on
    XBL: Flex MythoMass
    edited October 2008
    duke nukem!

Also me and skutskut have had the worst teamates, and i blame all of you

Dixon on
  • DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Bionic Commando is very good.

DeMoN on
    Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
    edited October 2008
    Dixon let me get in on that Team Slayer action you got going on!

AuburnTiger on
    edited October 2008
    Man that last game was good, they didn't take losing to well though, I told them It's okay to lose, but they weren't paying attention

Dixon on
    edited October 2008
    Man that last game was good, they didn't take losing to well though, I told them It's okay to lose, but they weren't paying attention

Haha, I liked it when they called you the "guy that never died."

AuburnTiger on
    edited October 2008
    I didn't expect to win that one really we were what, 45-48? and won :D

SkutSkut on
    edited October 2008
    SkutSkut wrote: »
    I didn't expect to win that one really we were what, 45-48? and won :D
    that must have been clutch

Willeth on
    edited October 2008
    Yeah Dix and Skut were beastier than I've ever seen them.

AuburnTiger on
  • ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I've seen the team get much better as of lately.

Must be all that beast clutchin'

Viscountalpha on
  • FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2008
    Legacy wrote: »
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    1) bungie is making announcement at TGS

2) there's an article on bungie.net about it, but the game does render screenshots at like 5x the real resolution, and applies better AA and Anisotropic filtering, and does it tile based etc

it does look that clean though. .to me. screenshots just look smoother.

Seeing as I caved in and bought the Legendary pack yesterday...

They'll announce the Mythic pack will be released next month and that the Legendary Pack will be free then as well.

Cause thats how it goes.

If Legendary ever goes free, it probably won't happen until next year.

FyreWulff on
  • ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Legacy wrote: »
    1) bungie is making announcement at TGS

2) there's an article on bungie.net about it, but the game does render screenshots at like 5x the real resolution, and applies better AA and Anisotropic filtering, and does it tile based etc

it does look that clean though. .to me. screenshots just look smoother.

Seeing as I caved in and bought the Legendary pack yesterday...

They'll announce the Mythic pack will be released next month and that the Legendary Pack will be free then as well.

Cause thats how it goes.

If Legendary ever goes free, it probably won't happen until next year.

Which is bullshit but I think microsoft doesn't want us to be happy it seems.

Viscountalpha on
    edited October 2008
    Yeah everyone seems to be 'owning noobs' and beasting.
    Yesterday I was on 20+ win streak playing with people from PA

Dixon on
    edited October 2008
    I did kinda run Dixon over again, twice. today.

SkutSkut on
    edited October 2008
    Yeah everyone seems to be 'owning noobs' and beasting.
    Yesterday I was on 20+ win streak playing with people from PA

Yeah, i've been MVP in just about every game i played today, i think you're contagious, dix.

Yorker on
    76561198037322631.png
    edited October 2008
    I'm Team Sniping it right now.

AuburnTiger on
    edited October 2008
    I think the attitudes have become much more aligned as of lately. The disharmony in our group is settled and things are rolling together well. My POS Verizon router STILL likes to jump my IP addresses around for no @#%;ing reason. If I'm complainin' about that its because its my own damned fault.

Viscountalpha on
    edited October 2008
    I think the attitudes have become much more aligned as of lately. The disharmony in our group is settled and things are rolling together well. My POS Verizon router STILL likes to jump my IP addresses around for no @#%ing reason. If I'm complainin' about that its because its my own damned fault.

Doesn't matter what it is, i never have more fun in halo than when i'm playing with you guys.

Yorker on
    76561198037322631.png
    edited October 2008
    Yeah, whether it's playing with "real life" friends or the PA guys, it ALWAYS beats playing with random strangers. ALWAYS.

AuburnTiger on
    edited October 2008
    Nothing like playing with fucking children. I got betrayed TWICE for the sword on Construct.

AuburnTiger on
    edited October 2008
    hahahaha, that sucks. Sorry dude, I would come on but this paper sucks and is taking me forever. I finshed off the 4th red bull though. I think thats why I am having trouble :P

Dixon on
  • SakeidoSakeido Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Nothing like playing with fucking children. I got betrayed TWICE for the sword on Construct.

I really want to play but I have two midterms tonight and am trying to put together a jam session, so it's not looking too likely at the moment

Sakeido on
  • SilkyNumNutsSilkyNumNuts Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Just watched the halo wars story trailer, this seemed like the best place for discussion.

Wait, an arbiter and flood on harvest? I've not read contact harvest, but that seems... odd.

SilkyNumNuts on
    edited October 2008
    I'm hopping on in a couple of minutes

SkutSkut on
    edited October 2008
    What's up with Bungie taking away EXP when everyone gets disconnected from the game?

AuburnTiger on
    edited October 2008
    Damn that sucks Auburn, I might be on later tonight not sure if i'll have time.
    Also in the trailer the ship captain dude something along the lines of taking Harvest back, I read the book but can't remember to much of it. Didn't they glass most of the planet?

Dixon on
    edited October 2008

Haha I remember my first game of TS was on High Ground and I was so used to playing FFA that I assassinated our sniper thinking I was being uber stealthy :P

Willeth on
  • Ezekiel Zelias ChaosEzekiel Zelias Chaos Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I think the attitudes have become much more aligned as of lately. The disharmony in our group is settled and things are rolling together well. My POS Verizon router STILL likes to jump my IP addresses around for no @#%;ing reason. If I'm complainin' about that its because its my own damned fault.

Log into your POS router and have it assign your XBOX's mac address a static IP. Whenever your xbox turns on it will ask the router for an IP and the router will give it that static IP. You can do the same thing for your computer.
    Willeth wrote: »

Haha I remember my first game of TS was on High Ground and I was so used to playing FFA that I assassinated our sniper thinking I was being uber stealthy :P

I remember playing 250 at PAX and after doing some really awesome things with a shotgun and gaining the lead I stuck Nambkab in the back.. it was sadly one of my best sticks ever.

Ezekiel Zelias Chaos on
    heh heh heh
    enforceruserbarsplitcro.png
  • 043043 Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Just watched the halo wars story trailer, this seemed like the best place for discussion.

Wait, an arbiter and flood on harvest? I've not read contact harvest, but that seems... odd.

I assume that the "infection" the Covenant speak of was us -- Harvest was the first encounter with us, and the Flood wasn't even a blip on their radar yet.

And an Arbiter being there makes sense; they're the tip of the Covenant spear during important missions, and I could see the Prophets discovering the humans would be something fitting of the label "a time of crisis."

But if the Flood are found on a human colony, buried in a Forerunner facility (instead of the massive rings specifically built to contain and study them), I will be pissed.

043 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]