As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Viva Phallata/Phalla of Oz: Newbie Phallas! Sour/Village Victories!

• Cold Salmon and HatredCold Salmon and Hatred __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2008
    Always pm squashua if you need hel-

Cold Salmon and Hatred on
  • TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Always read the OP

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Always read the OP
    Fix'd

crimsoncoyote on
  • Sheep Have WoolSheep Have Wool Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    !Sign up

Always read the OP in full. :P

Edit: Beaten! :D

Sheep Have Wool on
    edited October 2008
    You didn't fix anything.

Edit: WHY DO YOU SPREAD THESE LIES SHEEP?

TheLawinator on
  • warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Press and hold (A) to charge a Power attack.

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    up up down down left right left right B A Start (Select, then Start for 2 players)

Romantic Undead on
    3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Goose! on
  • AltairAltair Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Goose! wrote: »
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    I feel enlightened.

Altair on
  • BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    :( I think I've just about been in enough Phallas to mean I can't play in this one.

I've also not been in enough to realy be able to give any advice except expect to be confused at all times.

BobCesca on
    edited October 2008
    I'm not sure how I feel about "expect[ing] to be confused at all times". Sometimes confusion is just a part of the game, but there are many times when confusion is nonexistent and something you shouldn't feel. (paranoia, on the other hand, is part of the fun!)

Honestly, I think the best piece of advice anyone could give is:
    Have fun, it's a game.

crimsoncoyote on
    edited October 2008
    Sometimes being confused makes people kill you.

Also, master the art of bandwagon surfing/creating.

TheLawinator on
    edited October 2008
    Hey crimson, I killed you in the D&D game because you hated Thetheroo!

Tip: Sometimes killing people who accuse someone else for being evil is a good tactic, It allows you to keep them around a vote bandwagon buffer.

Sorry Thetheroo.

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I'm not sure how I feel about "expect[ing] to be confused at all times". Sometimes confusion is just a part of the game, but there are many times when confusion is nonexistent and something you shouldn't feel. (paranoia, on the other hand, is part of the fun!)

Honestly, I think the best piece of advice anyone could give is:
    Have fun, it's a game.

To be honest, if you want a good example of a playstyle NOT to follow, then look no further than me. I'm a poor, hunky shell of a man who prefer to fly under the radar while everyone is killing each other, feeling sad because he is all alone...

However, this piece of advice will save your ass:

Invisible Mode? Activate it. You don't want your Xanatos Gambit ruined by pesky detectives looking at your browsing history :P

EDIT: jesus mary in heaven warban wasnt here when i looked before

Dac Vin on
    edited October 2008
    If someone betrays you or kicks your ass really skillfully, don't get pissed. Make friends with them so you can use them against your enemies, or you can betray them later.

Toxic, TehSpectre, Gumpy.

TheLawinator on
  • lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Trust Noone.

But be willing to take a leap of faith.

lonelyahava on
    edited October 2008
    warban wrote: »
    Hey crimson, I killed you in the D&D game because you hated Thetheroo!

Tip: Sometimes killing people who accuse someone else for being evil is a good tactic, It allows you to keep them around a vote bandwagon buffer.

Sorry Thetheroo.

I don't hate him... I'm just against his method of revealing :P

Also, thanks for the grudge!

crimsoncoyote on
  • PotUPotU __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2008
    I've been in four phallas and won like two of them, so fuck all ya'll, gimme that shit.

PotU on
    2mong9u.jpg
  • Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Don't listen to anything anybody's said so far in this thread. They're all nothing but hacks who have no idea what they're talking about.

Why, back in my day...

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    visiblehowl is a crusty old man. Don't give him any candy, he'll just shake his cane at you and tell you to get off his lawn

Romantic Undead on
    3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
  • WilDPanthA05WilDPanthA05 Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I'm not sure how I feel about "expect[ing] to be confused at all times". Sometimes confusion is just a part of the game, but there are many times when confusion is nonexistent and something you shouldn't feel. (paranoia, on the other hand, is part of the fun!).

Well I've got all of that down pretty good, especially after my short stay in the last phalla (ongoing last time I checked). I used to be wary of what I posted to begin with, so that way I wouldn't have come off as a craft villain ... yea well, now I check what I post 3 or 4 different times before I post it. A normal post would have taken roughly 30 - 45 seconds. Now it takes goddam near 10 minutes ...

even this one.

WilDPanthA05 on
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    The best epic reveals are 'in character', and use appropriate imagery.Example?

Oh, and it's possible to win without resorting to (outright) dishonesty.

Tough, but possible. Now misleading people, that's fair game. :P

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • DoxaDoxa Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I'll join, I had fun with the few phallas in D&D

!signup

Doxa on
    edited October 2008
    cj iwakura wrote: »

I'd say Epic Reveals are best when they are use sparingly... and actually epic.

crimsoncoyote on
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008

I'd say Epic Reveals are best when they are use sparingly... and actually epic.

That helps too.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • molefacemoleface Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I've only played in 3 phallas so !signup

moleface on
    battle.net: lankyplonker#1923
    psn: lankyplonker
  • MacGuffinMacGuffin Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    !sign up

MacGuffin on
  • DyvionDyvion Back in Sunny Florida!!Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    !sign up

Perhaps I won't get day1'd again!

Ok, I showed my wife the awesome Viva Phallata graphic and she thought it was neat... but then couldn't figure out how you would get pinata's to want to kill each other... Is there a storyline in this? Or is it every pinata for themselves? I went back over the opening post and couldn't find anything out. I tried to get her to signup but she didn't wanna play with such a silly theme. (I think it's awesome, btw.) So I signed up instead... cause I've only been in 2 (and a reserve) phalla's before.

Dyvion on
    Steam: No Safety In Life
    PSN: Dyvion -- Eternal: Dyvion+9393 -- Genshin Impact: Dyvion
    edited October 2008
    Because there appears to be more interest than I anticipated, I am going to open a few more slots and keep signups open until 9:00 PM Central Daylight Time (UTC -5:00) tonight. At that time, I'll send out role PMs and then post the opening narration along with the game setup. Day 1 will end the following night.

Sheep Have Wool on
    edited October 2008
    Am i noob enough to play?

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
    edited October 2008
    Dyvion wrote: »
    !sign up

Perhaps I won't get day1'd again!

Ok, I showed my wife the awesome Viva Phallata graphic and she thought it was neat... but then couldn't figure out how you would get pinata's to want to kill each other... Is there a storyline in this? Or is it every pinata for themselves? I went back over the opening post and couldn't find anything out. I tried to get her to signup but she didn't wanna play with such a silly theme. (I think it's awesome, btw.) So I signed up instead... cause I've only been in 2 (and a reserve) phalla's before.

There will be a story, revealed in the Night 0 narration. I don't promise it will be a good story, but there will be some flavor text. As for piñatas fighting? What if some of them were Sour Piñatas?
    Sour.JPG

Also, piñatas are filled with candy. People like candy. Thus, piñatas, while silly, kick ass.

Sheep Have Wool on
    edited October 2008

Aww shucks, I just noticed you used my reveal as the example. Pity all that reveal did was get me killed that night :( But the reveal was fun!

moleface on
    edited October 2008
    warban wrote: »
    Am i noob enough to play?

Have you played in 5 or fewer Phallas?

Sheep Have Wool on
    edited October 2008
    Its about 6-7, Plus i ran one.

Probably not.

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
    edited October 2008
    Then no, you may not play. You still can offer advice to new players in the hopes of winning an amazing horde of candy fun.

Sheep Have Wool on
    edited October 2008
    moleface wrote: »

Aww shucks, I just noticed you used my reveal as the example. Pity all that reveal did was get me killed that night :( But the reveal was fun!

Sadly, that was the funniest part about it. :P

Also, the best image from that is coming up as broken(Sparrow = nancyboy pirate).

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • PlutoniumPlutonium Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Rule 1: Betray everyone if you have the opportunity.
    Use people and then throw them away like a used rag.

Rule 2: Don't ever ever ever tell random people who the identity of specials, or that you are a special.
    This should be self-explanatory, but new players do it all the time to show off how in-the-loop they are.
    This counts even if the person is your real life friend.
    Yes, I've even done this once when I was new.
    I just followed Rule 1 and covered my ass quickly and got away with it.

Plutonium on
    edited October 2008
    moleface wrote: »

Sadly, that was the funniest part about it. :P

Also, the best image from that is coming up as broken(Sparrow = nancyboy pirate).

If you google 'Captain Barbossa', its the image on the bottom right of the second page of search results. I would link it properly but myspace is blocked at work

moleface on
  • DeShadowCDeShadowC Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    This one has a decent closing time so !sign up. Lets see if I can live in this one.

DeShadowC on
  • bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    5 phallas here.

guess i can !sign-up

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg