As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Multi-Quote

Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
Is that a feature we can have some time down the road?

58pwo4vxupcr.png
Macro9 on

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    What do you mean exactly by "multi-quote"?

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    CyvrosCyvros Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    This'd be great, and it became a feature of vBulletin a couple of years ago, so could it be easily implemented here?

Cyvros on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    What do you mean exactly by "multi-quote"?

Chaining quotes without copy & paste.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Would that be like checking the posts you want to quote, then hitting quote?

The Black Hunter on
  • Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2008
    No, it is like quoting more than one person in the same post without editing or copy/pasting.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
    ...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    JC of DIJC of DI I think we're fucked up. I know I am.Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    No, it is like quoting more than one person in the same post without editing or copy/pasting.

Well yes, but he was asking how this is usually implemented. Do you check the posts that you want to quote, or do you hit "Quote" for each post and it all stacks into the same reply field, or is it something different?

JC of DI on
    PJWczLu.png
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    You hit the multi-quote button on each post you want to reply to and then on the final one you hit the quote button. After hitting quote on the final post you will be taken to the advanced reply page. From there you write your own text or edit the quotes.

It's a pretty nice thing to have around.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    it's interesting you can quote from other threads witht his feature. Say hit the multi-quote button on the locked 100 page thread, go to the new thread, and when you post there, there's an option at the bottom saying "you hit the multi-quote button on another thread, click this to include that quote in this post"

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    the cheatthe cheat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2008
    that's a cool idea.

speaking of quotes, i don't know if it would be a popular idea, but how about that quote tree auto-trimming feature that is so juicy? it's kind of annoying having to trim them myself.

the cheat on
    tKfL2Yd.png?1
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    the cheat wrote: »
    that's a cool idea.

speaking of quotes, i don't know if it would be a popular idea, but how about that quote tree auto-trimming feature that is so juicy? it's kind of annoying having to trim them myself.
    If this is possible, it would be awesome.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    SzechuanosaurusSzechuanosaurus Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2008
    Thanatos wrote: »
    the cheat wrote: »
    that's a cool idea.

If this is possible, it would be awesome.

So long as it's optional. I hate forums that auto-delete nested quotes (like for example, this post would have the cheat's quote so no one would know what me and Than were talking about). Fuck off technology, we're trying to have a conversation here.

Szechuanosaurus on
  • Options
    the cheatthe cheat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2008
    yeah, an option to set the amount of trimming how you like it would be cool. and of course a "disable trimming" checkbox. but, i think we're getting ahead of ourselves. need some alphamonkies or ramii to come in here and tell us what's what.

the cheat on
    tKfL2Yd.png?1
  • Options
    SzechuanosaurusSzechuanosaurus Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2008
    What I'd really love is a feature where you can highlight a section of a post and then when you hit the quote button it only quotes the bit you had selected. Also a dog that can sing Dave Bowie songs and a money tree.

Szechuanosaurus on