As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Four H's of MMOs: Hatred, Happiness, Hope

• ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    reVerse wrote: »
    God, that albino thing is the ugliest drake.

But it's ugly with style.
    More like a syndrome.

Pfft....envy makes you say ugly things.
    Better than riding ugly things, I say.

Like fat chicks and Vespas, all fun as long as no one sees you doing it.

Thomamelas on
  • reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    God, that albino thing is the ugliest drake.

But it's ugly with style.
    More like a syndrome.

Pfft....envy makes you say ugly things.
    Better than riding ugly things, I say.

Like ur mom, all fun as long as no one sees you doing it.

reVerse on
  • PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Oh snap.

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • rizriz Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Forar wrote: »
    I think it was Riz who said it first (though I may be wrong); Script Kiddies.

Not me.

Also my bank alt's guild has three tabs. Yes the third one was 500g. No I haven't regretted it. (Packrat.)

riz on
  • EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    As does mine! (Have 3 tabs on my bank alt's guild)

I have half a tab full of recipes that don't sell well. I'm not sure what to do with them.

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I'd probably have at least 2-3 tabs set up on mine, but I really like having my alts guilded for ease of hearing about what's going on. As much as we use vent, a lot of people do ask for/about things in guild chat, and I'd hate to miss out on that. Spur of the moment Karazhan raids, ZA runs, etc.

Sure, they'd be easy enough to find with a /who, but it's still more effort for people than if I'm just in the guild.

Now, if only I could have/pay for a "guild bank" for the account regardless of what guild I'm actually in, that'd be awesome.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Wombat02Wombat02 Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Happy:

Hunter:
    Fishing: 270
    Cooking: 287

Priest:
    Enchanting: 294

Wombat02 on
  • RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Sad: Blacksmithing is only up to 210 on my warrior. I'm not going to have enough money to hit 350 before the expansion.
    Happy: Warrior got his pvp shoulders. All that's left is chest and pants. And two 2h weapons.

Rizzi on
    edited October 2008
    Hate: The frustration of being unable to upgrade gear on what is likely to be my new main because I can't get a fucking ten-man going. Last week I almost got ZA going but we were short one pally tank, and ironically my boyfriend who normally would have gone if I asked was at a wake that night. Last night I tried for Kara but only got like five people. Then later I had to sit there pissed off while six or so of them went to a bear-selling run. We have people in our guild who have been to plenty of other people's bear runs and still haven't gotten theirs, but sure guys, you go sell some random scrub a bear for a mere 3000g. Idiots. I almost said I'd go on my warlock if I could bring my shaman in for Zul'jin, but I didn't want to condone their behavior so I just logged off.

riz on
    edited October 2008
    Yay: I have sound again via some crappy headphones! And I fixed all that other shit that was wrong with my computer (extra pci nic laying around for the win)

Not sure what the fuck killed my speakers...

End on
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    riz wrote: »
    Hate: The frustration of being unable to upgrade gear on what is likely to be my new main because I can't get a fucking ten-man going. Last week I almost got ZA going but we were short one pally tank, and ironically my boyfriend who normally would have gone if I asked was at a wake that night. Last night I tried for Kara but only got like five people. Then later I had to sit there pissed off while six or so of them went to a bear-selling run. We have people in our guild who have been to plenty of other people's bear runs and still haven't gotten theirs, but sure guys, you go sell some random scrub a bear for a mere 3000g. Idiots. I almost said I'd go on my warlock if I could bring my shaman in for Zul'jin, but I didn't want to condone their behavior so I just logged off.

Do you guys not run other 25mans on off days? It's to the point where we had someone's old buddy reroll shaman, and she went from greens to T6 in Alt Temple. I'm going to lobby hard to bring my druid (who is in T4, at least) next week.

Alt-gearing 10 mans are dead right now because 1) serious bear runs are trying to get bears, 2a) the market for badge items has tanked, making Badgezan less profitable for T6 mains and 2b) seriously fuck karazhan anyway.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
    edited October 2008
    Some of my guildies still run karazhan every week, although fuck if I know what they're trying to get out of it.

End on
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I think Kara is fun

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Balefuego wrote: »
    I think Kara is fun

D:

No challenge, not loot aside from badges. Relatively lame setting.

It was fun in all blues when it first was released, sure.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
    edited October 2008
    I think Kara is fun
    Fun like Sinbad.

reVerse on
    edited October 2008
    I think Kara is fun

D:

No challenge, not loot aside from badges. Relatively lame setting.

It was fun in all blues when it first was released, sure.

well I just ran it for the first time saturday so

although I disagree about the setting

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RamiRami Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I think kara is pretty cool but it's a major disappointment, they did a pretty poor job of designing Mehiv's home I thought.

Hopefully one day they'll implement the replica tower that goes underground, and this time do it justice.

Rami on
    Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Wombat02Wombat02 Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Rami wrote: »
    I think kara is pretty cool but it's a major disappointment, they did a pretty poor job of designing Mehiv's home I thought.

Hopefully one day they'll implement the replica tower that goes underground, and this time do it justice.

What would you have liked to seen done differently?

Wombat02 on
    edited October 2008
    I liked the Nightbane and Netherspite fights in particular.

The only part where I was like "oh fuck this" was that room full of the stupid arcane constructs

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2008
    Ah, those wyrm things... I leveled my dagger skill up in that room thank you very much.

Then one day I was felguard spec (bored) and I was zomg I can dps these!

End on
  • RamiRami Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Wombat02 wrote: »
    Rami wrote: »

What would you have liked to seen done differently?

More cool stuff, more of an attempt to recreate his home.

Where was the multidimensional library, for example. I mean yeah they had a dining room, and a guest wing, but it just wasn't enough like a home and workplace, and too much like a tower designed to be a series of boss fights.

Rami on
    Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Weren't there screenshots of underwater zones and stuff pre-BC?

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • drhazarddrhazard Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Hope: that I can figure out what I want to do with my priest before expansion. He's pretty well-geared for a guy who only really either plays solo or with two other friends, and I've gone on some pug instances and healed really well (despite only switching to disc/holy recently). After I get my SSO neck and s4 gloves, though, I'll be at a loss. I don't really want to arena or BG anymore, and while I like instance runs, I can see myself burning out. Maybe I can try diving into pug heroics, despite possibly being the worst idea I could have.

drhazard on
    SCB.jpg
    edited October 2008
    Dyscord wrote: »
    Do you guys not run other 25mans on off days? It's to the point where we had someone's old buddy reroll shaman, and she went from greens to T6 in Alt Temple. I'm going to lobby hard to bring my druid (who is in T4, at least) next week.

Alt-gearing 10 mans are dead right now because 1) serious bear runs are trying to get bears, 2a) the market for badge items has tanked, making Badgezan less profitable for T6 mains and 2b) seriously fuck karazhan anyway.

Nope we've never taken an alt to BT, they still drag everyone through on their mains almost every week. Part of the reasoning is that people fuck around and are slow when we have all mains, so alts would make it even worse. But people fuck around and are slow because they're bored as fucking hell and everything gets sharded except maybe one rare drop and something off of Illidan. Maybe if we rotated in alts people wouldn't be so bitchy about BT. I quit raiding until WLK anyway, got sick of certain people and Sunwell, so my shaman doesn't exactly need gear for anything but easier leveling/instancing while leveling.

The thing is, I'm REALLY REALLY BORED. I have a month of.. nothing... to do. And having a character in shitty gear frustrates me to no end when I know that a mere one or two more Kara runs would fill in the gaps just fine.

riz on
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    riz wrote: »

Nope we've never taken an alt to BT, they still drag everyone through on their mains almost every week. Part of the reasoning is that people fuck around and are slow when we have all mains, so alts would make it even worse. But people fuck around and are slow because they're bored as fucking hell and everything gets sharded except maybe one rare drop and something off of Illidan. Maybe if we rotated in alts people wouldn't be so bitchy about BT. I quit raiding until WLK anyway, got sick of certain people and Sunwell, so my shaman doesn't exactly need gear for anything but easier leveling/instancing while leveling.

The thing is, I'm REALLY REALLY BORED. I have a month of.. nothing... to do. And having a character in shitty gear frustrates me to no end when I know that a mere one or two more Kara runs would fill in the gaps just fine.

Our BT run is a weekly compromise between "ugh it's raid time and we only have 20 people" and "ugh it's BT I don't want to go to that again" and "ugh do we have enough geared/experienced people to even do this?"

We're lucky in that we get to take the raidlock of an early week fun-run-ish BT, so now we get to come in with Naj/Supremus dead. We also have a pretty large pool of people who either quit the main raid, were formerly in a raid that blew up or topped out in T5, so just filling slots isn't that much of a problem. It's doing BB/RoS/Mother with that undergeared/inexperienced group of people that slows things down.

Still, in 3.0 everything will have 30% less health, which ought to make it easier to steamroll everything. I don't know if you're still an officer over there, but I would definitely argue in favor of bringing in alts (especially if they're reasonably geared) as a way of keeping people motivated.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • JJJJ DailyStormer Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I love the look of kara. I also have a major hardon for castles so maybe that helps. Also I've only been there once and not driven to hate it by going there every week for a million years.

Though, half the raid was ported outside on Nightbane then after they died I too was magically ported down there and got raped by skeletons. Crazy shit like that after a year of the instance being out kinda sucks. I blame the rogue since he said that always happens to him. bad mojo.

JJ on
    edited October 2008
    Still, in 3.0 everything will have 30% less health, which ought to make it easier to steamroll everything. I don't know if you're still an officer over there, but I would definitely argue in favor of bringing in alts (especially if they're reasonably geared) as a way of keeping people motivated.

I'm still an officer, but I don't want to suggest anything of the sort, because it will be seen as purely selfish, I'm sure. At least by one person who I don't want to deal with. I've been hoping someone else would bring it up. I'm not the only person planning on rerolling for the expansion, though I think I am the only person rerolling from DPS to healer and not the other way around. Maybe after 3.0 and we can see just how much easier things are.

Hate: I guess I made the wrong decision two years ago. It was down to playing my feral druid as resto or playing my warlock in BC. I went with the warlock. Not to say I didn't have fun, but there were many nights I wished I could magically respec healer to get a raid going. And then I'd have all my achievements on one character instead of spread out to two and soon three....

riz on
  • W2W2 Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Kara is pretty cool.

It's like Hogwarts: The Instance.

W2 on
  • MayGodHaveMercyMayGodHaveMercy Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Kara is fucking fantastic badges/hour. Especially when you're in there with a crew that's been going to Kara since 1 month after BC came out. Prot Pally required.

MayGodHaveMercy on
    XBL: Mercy XXVI - Steam: Mercy_XXVI - PSN: Mercy XXVI
  • Kipling217Kipling217 Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Hate: FUCK You Blizzard! I try to do lowbie quests to get the loremaster title. on the PTR server i find that i need 380(730 total) quests in Kalimdor and 150(700 total) quests in EK to finish the old school content(as alliance).

Do you know how hard thats going to be? especialy since they all are "low level" now and dont show up on the mini map. They could at least add an option to let you see them if you want, Its not like its a big programing task. Put it in as an option in the interface options: want to see low level quests y/n.

Then I read that Horde only has to do 700 quest in Kalmidor and 550 in EK. RAAAAAAAGHHHHH!

Second Hate: Honor points are not being reset after all. Wee we get to keep our tokens and points come WoLK. Thanks blizz, after I spent all my tokens on mounts, cause it was use it or lose it time. Pick a path and stick with it would ya?

Happy: Still got 40k honor points tho

Kipling217 on
    The sky was full of stars, every star an exploding ship. One of ours.
  • CidonaBoyCidonaBoy Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I like it on my paladin, mostly because thats still a fairly new 70 and I found tanking it fun.

I hate it on my mage because despite the months and months I have gone I have still not even seen one goddamn lightning capacitor. :evil:

Edit : Kara that is.

CidonaBoy on
  • Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Kipling217 wrote: »
    Hate: FUCK You Blizzard! I try to do lowbie quests to get the loremaster title. on the PTR server i find that i need 380(730 total) quests in Kalimdor and 150(700 total) quests in EK to finish the old school content(as alliance).

Do you know how hard thats going to be? especialy since they all are "low level" now and dont show up on the mini map. They could at least add an option to let you see them if you want, Its not like its a big programing task. Put it in as an option in the interface options: want to see low level quests y/n.

You're in luck! There is now a low level quest tracker that's coming with the patch.

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • 815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Project Lore are running Kara on their show these days, for people who'd find that kind of stuff interesting.

815165 on
    edited October 2008
    I didn't like that show. It's like, a year or two too late. Most people have been through Kara, even with PuGs, so it's not really new.

I'd like to see a Project Lore of Black Temple or even Sunwell. Something fresh.

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • MgcwMgcw Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    They're really fucking bad, the only one I watched was when they did non-heroic Ramparts to test their setup or whatever, and they had the fucking Rogue sapping mobs

While they were all level 70

Jesuschristwhathefuck

I vowed to never watch again.

Mgcw on
    edited October 2008
    So, Project Lore is a bunch of nerds talking about WoW while they play WoW?

reVerse on
    edited October 2008
    Zeth'Gor is a horrible place

HFP in general the mobs seem to always path right towards you, I get adds with every single pull it seems

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2008

Yes, then they tackle content that they over gear to an extreme level.

Beyond Normal on
    edited October 2008

Yes, then they tackle content that they over gear to an extreme level.

Yes, I watched five minutes of that Ramparts video.

Is there any word on whether or not these people are mentally handicapped?

reVerse on
    edited October 2008
    Did you watch their opening sequence? I think that shows us just how retarded they really are.

Beyond Normal on
This discussion has been closed.