As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Viva Phallata/Phalla of Oz: Newbie Phallas! Sour/Village Victories!

• Options
    MundaneSoulMundaneSoul fight fighter Daehan MingukRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Well shit, Orange. Let's hope the guardian is paying attention.

!OrangeSoda

MundaneSoul on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DeShadowCDeShadowC Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Who'd you seer yesterday or did you? And what did it come back as?

DeShadowC on
  • Options
    bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    1. why should we be wary of the people who voted for you? They did not know you were the seer. They voted for you because of your posts.

2. why not out your suspicions?

3. what DeShadowC said.

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Once you reveal as a seer there is no reason not to give all of the info you have. I'm still going to be suspicious until you do, and possibly afterwards depending on your answer.

DeShadowC on
  • Options
    MacGuffinMacGuffin Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    !Orange Soda

I didn't expect that.

MacGuffin on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    I'm keeping my vote on Orange until more information is available. I'm used to changing my vote often though but I'll make my decision when he does a full reveal.

DeShadowC on
  • Options
    WilDPanthA05WilDPanthA05 Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    *Bah bah bah bah bah bahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh* Well now that just changes the dynamics of everything. I guess that kinda gives a very small bit of credibility because he was trying to play two people while only being able to see'er one. Still a bit ridiculous ... I guess we have to wait for more info from OJ ... oh well ...

I'll check back in after I get into Houston, so hopefully in the next ... couple hours ... we can figure something out otherwise I'm not sure we are any better off than we were the night before.

WilDPanthA05 on
  • Options
    DoxaDoxa Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    christ, hold on, what the fuck is going on?

First off, Orange...its ironic you're calling us bad if you really are the seer.

Second, Orange's suspicions are useless.

Third, christ, I don't know, this is a clusterfuck that i'll think about later. We're fucked.

!OrangeSoda

Doxa on
  • Options
    AltairAltair Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Uhh.. I'm not sure I buy all this. You guys are all taking your votes back without question, when like you said, OJ has no reason not to tell us more. !Orange Soda... for now

Altair on
  • Options
    Orange SodaOrange Soda Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    There is no reason to reveal who I seer'd because they are good. If I reveal who I know is good, he will jsut be killed if I am not already the target. Tonight I am pretty sure the person I am picking is evil and I will reveal them if this proves to be the truth.

I also do not believe that everyone who voted for me did so because of my posts. It is likely that at least some of them were doing so because they already knew I was good. Keep in mind the evil people already know who everyone else they need to try to kill is.

And yes this is a giant clusterfuck right now.

DeShadowC and Altair if I wasn't the seer the real one would have already called me out.

!Doxa until the town as a whole can make a decision.

Orange Soda on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Well I can see that a lot has progressed since my flight has now landed lol ... Ugh, I only have a little time left!

WilDPanthA05 on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    There is no reason to reveal who I seer'd because they are good. If I reveal who I know is good, he will jsut be killed if I am not already the target.

o_O I don't really get your logic. If you are the seer then we know someone else who is good, and if you seered someone bad then we know they're bad so we can vote them off tonight. Is there something I'm not getting? I mean to be honest you still sound really suspicious.

*edit.

Oh and if you're not the real seer the real one isn't likely to reveal yet because it marks them as a target.

DeShadowC on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Nice Try DeShadowC. There is no reason to reveal who is good to anyone but that person or people you have confirmed as good already. Please someone else tell me I am not crazy for this and that DeShadowC is just trying to get me to give up a goodie to get killed.

Orange Soda on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    And seriously are your still going on about that hiding in the open bull shit? Every go back and read my posts obviously 4 of you evil people already know I am good, the person I seer'd knows I am good, the rest of you decided for yourself. Is the lowest common denominator that I have concocted this whole elaborate plan pretending to be a noob and fake revealing as a seer because the real seer would obviously not call me out?

Orange Soda on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    But have you contacted the person that you have seer'ed and let them know you know they are good?

WilDPanthA05 on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Yes I have.

edit: but obviously they will not vouche for me because that would mean a death sentence for them.

Orange Soda on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Ok well I'm boarding my plane in 15 minutes, so someone give me an idea of where to go ... I'm so lost.

WilDPanthA05 on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    I'm not trying anything I just learned at an early age to question everything. Please explain to me your logic of naming someone as good would get them killed when the bad guys already know they are good.

DeShadowC on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    DeShadowC wrote: »
    I'm not trying anything I just learned at an early age to question everything. Please explain to me your logic of naming someone as good would get them killed when the bad guys already know they are good.

A valid point.

WilDPanthA05 on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    well, either way the village looks pretty fucked by this circumstance. If OrangeSoda is a seer or not.

The possible real seer would not reveal himself and show the truth because then it would be just a "choose your side" battle with no real grounding. Anyone can reveal. Hell, I could say I was the seer and it would cause a bunch of confusion. Though it would be highly unwise to kill someone with the possibility of them being a seer. With that said I would like a guard to guard Orange Soda (if we still have one).

Though revealing who you seered as good would be entirely helpful to the village. No matter what, good people will die, and their really isn't a solid win scenario here. If you tell us who is the good person we can possibly narrow down what the village vote will be.

Essentially we need to kill an evil person tonight...any efforts are entirely appreciated.

Edit: Scratch the guard request, I don't know what I'm talking about.

Doxa on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    !Bwanie

!Orange Soda ... truthfully just because I'm boarding and I finally get to go home. I fully intend to see us all kapoot and me unequivocally mad because we got played like fools ... Good luck crew!

WilDPanthA05 on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    I mean honestly I hope you are a seer and live through tonight, because an outed seer just makes the vote easier for the village. But a seer who doesn't tell people are are good or not is useless.

DeShadowC on
  • Options
    edited October 2008

If I am guarded you will be looking for someone else to kill. You will kill the only person that I can prove is good so that we will be right back to where we are tonight, tomorrow. Nice try again DeShadowC to spread decent.

Orange Soda on
  • Options
    edited October 2008

If I am guarded you will be looking for someone else to kill. You will kill the only person that I can prove is good so that we will be right back to where we are tonight, tomorrow. Nice try again DeShadowC to spread decent.

o_O

Can someone else seriously tell me if this makes sense to them? I dunno maybe you're in the mindset of a bad guy better then I am but my mind isn't wrapping around that logic.

DeShadowC on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    See good people I really need your help here talking this one out. I really feel like its 4 against 1 here. WHY THE FUCK WOULD I HIDE IN THE OPEN

Orange Soda on
  • Options
    warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Tip: Holding fire.

In some situations like today making a village Vig kill could be a bad thing. Holding off on your kill would allow the village another day of voting, seering and guessing.

Day one the village had:

4 Sours
    3 Specials
    7 Normals

Today the village has:

Sours
    3 specials
    4 Normals

2 wrong choices (Your own and the town vote) will win the game for the Sours today. Sours only need to be equal in numbers to win. Holding off using your
    Vig
    kill will allow one more day of Voting and Seering, If you do manage to kill the correct target than that's good too. But Killing an innocent today will lose you the game, so holding back might help you team in the long run.

Its up to you though.

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    So don't fucking vote for me. I can prove I am the seer tomorrow night, but am unable to do so now without giving the baddies an advantage. Right now they only have me as a target, and I wouldn't be surprised if they way things are going I don't even get guarded and end up dying anyway.

The main thing to take from this post is that if you vote for me we will be pretty fucked. Ask yourself why would I go through THIS much trouble trying to hide in the open. Why would I think this was a viable strategy when it got goose killed. Ask yourself what is more logical: A bad guy trying to convince the seer to tell him which good guy he knows about or the seer saying that he would like to try to protect the person he knows is good until the next day when I should be able to prove myself?

Orange Soda on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    I dunno I just don't understand your logic. Who should we kill tonight?

DeShadowC on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    okay, I think this whole OrangeSoda business is dumb made by dumb circumstances. Though I think that we should redirect to someone else because time will tell if OrangeSoda is telling the truth or not. Once the vote closes I would like OrangeSoda to reveal his seer from Day1 and when he can his seer from Day2

With that said going back to my most suspicious list I would go after WildPantha, but now I can't really summon up enough suspicion to go after him.

Though the other two on my list stayed quite suspicious, potU and Dyvion, though potU more so because he has stuck quite closely to bandwagons by jumping on OrangeSoda then switching over to Goose, then trying to jump on Bwanie.

Let me reiterate, I think it very unwise to jump onto OrangeSoda. So lets rally behind a banner. PotU will reveal the most information.

also, warban's advice is sound, it would be good if our vig held off for a date.

!potU

Doxa on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    hey can someone post what the current votes are at... This spans across like 4 pages and I don't think the excel thing is updated to people that retracted votes.

Orange Soda on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    it looks something like this

OrangeSoda: 2
    potU: 1
    WildP: 1
    Bwanie: 1

this may be off, i'm trying to keep up with all of the retracts

Doxa on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Also if the vig holds off their kill and we vote out a good person and the mafia gets a kill, then we will be in worse situation tomorrow.

I really don't think these bandwagon people are as much to worry about as the ones that seem to have us wrapped around their fingers.

I don't know what DeShadowC is being such a d-bag about trying to say I am not the seer, but this makes him very suspicious to me. He also voted for me on the first day (could be RNG like he said or maybe not).

Orange Soda on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Also if the vig holds off their kill and we vote out a good person and the mafia gets a kill, then we will be in worse situation tomorrow.

I really don't think these bandwagon people are as much to worry about as the ones that seem to have us wrapped around their fingers.

I don't know what DeShadowC is being such a d-bag about trying to say I am not the seer, but this makes him very suspicious to me. He also voted for me on the first day (could be RNG like he said or maybe not).

well I can say DeShadowC is acting just like the TV trope phalla I was in, so being paranoid doesn't really make him anymore suspicious. PotU I feel as strongly as I do about as I did you, which means he's our vig or something :lol:

Doxa on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    the total now is

Potu: Bwanie
    Altair: OrangeSoda
    OrangeSoda:
    WildPanthA05: OrangeSoda
    MundaneSoul:
    Chromdom:
    Doxa: Potu
    MacGuffin:
    Dyvion: Doxa
    DeShadowC: Orange Soda
    Bwanie: WildPanthA05

that look right?

Orange Soda on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Doxa wrote: »

well I can say DeShadowC is acting just like the TV trope phalla I was in, so being paranoid doesn't really make him anymore suspicious. PotU I feel as strongly as I do about as I did you, which means he's our vig or something :lol:

Day one RNG votes aren't suspicious. And :( I'm not trying to be douche just curious :(

DeShadowC on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    the total now is

OrangeSoda:
    MundaneSoul:
    Chromdom:
    MacGuffin:

that look right?

ah, I thought DeShadowC retracted his vote for you. And Dyvion's vote for me.

I'd still like people to vote off PotU, he is deadwood or is playing dumb. Most likely the latter.

Doxa on
  • Options
    Sheep Have WoolSheep Have Wool Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I believe the official count stands at:

Orange Soda - 3
    Doxa - 2
    WilDPanthA05, bwanie, PotU - 1

as of post #232.

Veteran players, see Post #227 as an example of what NOT to post during this game. Do NOT tell a player specific actions to perform - yours is to provide advice, not "Hey, do this" comments.

Sheep Have Wool on
  • Options
    edited October 2008

Day one RNG votes aren't suspicious. And :( I'm not trying to be douche just curious :(

Editted out: realized I shouldn't be talking about that phalla yet since its not over yet

Doxa on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    So what does everyone think abotu PotU, Altair, WildPanthA05, Chromdom, MacGuffin, Dyvion, or Bwanie? I don't think I have accused any of them yet. :P

Orange Soda on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    the total now is

OrangeSoda:
    MundaneSoul:
    Chromdom:
    MacGuffin:

that look right?

ah, I thought DeShadowC retracted his vote for you. And Dyvion's vote for me.

I'd still like people to vote off PotU, he is deadwood or is playing dumb. Most likely the latter.

I haven't retracted mine yet because like I said Orange is just really suspicious. He even is acting more suspicious after "revealing" Can I get a vet to just tell me who to vote for :lol:

DeShadowC on