As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Oi Fellow Seattleites, inquiry about Mythbusters inside...

Grooveman23Grooveman23 Registered User regular
edited October 2008 in PAX Archive
So, if you know anything about the interwebs, you should know that Mythbusters (YES, the Mythbusters) were here yesterday at the Moore Theatre. I personally thought it was great, but I have one question I need answered.

When they brought out the Potato Gun, what company made it? Me and my father thought it was great, and want to see if we can get one.

Thanks in advance!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
All hail the Hypno-Spode!
Grooveman23 on

• AtomicFreakAtomicFreak Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Were they like thiese? http://www.mcphee.com/items/10762.html

If so you can get them in Ballard at Archie McPhee.

AtomicFreak on
    TheAtomicFreak.gif
    theatomicfreak.png
  • Grooveman23Grooveman23 Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Definatley not. This thing was like the mother of all potato guns. It looked like a Grenade Launcher honestly.

Grooveman23 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • proXimityproXimity Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I'm guessing it's something more like this
    http://www.instructables.com/id/The-Original-Potato-Cannon/

They're not too hard to make, though I've never done it myself

proXimity on
    camo_sig2.png
  • ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Yeah I had some friends that used to make potato guns a long time ago, it is pretty simple. They just used stuff like plumbing pipes, a type of flammable spray [in a can of course] and one of those torch lighters to fire it. There's more to it, but that's basically what it was.

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
    edited October 2008
    There not the same thing. We obviously have conflicting views on what the best potato gun in the world is.

Grooveman23 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    i was at the show, it was entertaining and very cool to see adam and jaime in rl. i got pics of the potato gun, but i can't find my memory card reader, so i can't post them (yeah, i know, lotta good that does!). i'll try to find one soon.

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    ok, i managed to find my card reader in this cluttered dorm room ('twas near the rock band drums!). the pics aren't perfect, but if you would recognize it, this should be sufficient:
    dsc01072ng8.jpg
    dsc01074vr5.jpg
    dsc01073jy2.jpg

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    whoa, yeah that's definitely a more "high tech" potato gun, lol.

probably could pass as a grenade launcher too. :P

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • Riggz13Riggz13 Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    http://www.spudtech.com/detail.asp?id=51

Not exactly the same, doesn't have multiple spud chambers, but still the coolest spud gun I've seen yet.

Riggz13 on
    edited October 2008
    dyaballikl wrote: »
    ok, i managed to find my card reader in this cluttered dorm room ('twas near the rock band drums!). the pics aren't perfect, but if you would recognize it, this should be sufficient:
    dsc01072ng8.jpg
    dsc01074vr5.jpg
    dsc01073jy2.jpg

Thats the one. Thanks for the pictures.

Grooveman23 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AtomicFreakAtomicFreak Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    It's highly possible they built it themselves. It is quite awesome though...I am sure it would be very bad for me to ever own one.

AtomicFreak on
    TheAtomicFreak.gif
    theatomicfreak.png
  • ashridahashridah Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    It's highly possible they built it themselves. It is quite awesome though...I am sure it would be very bad for me to ever own one.

I think i preferred the one they made that fired frozen chickens.

ashridah on
    edited October 2008

No, Adam said it was donated to them.

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
  • PRDPRD Kristin Lindsay I am a meat popsicle.Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

He mentioned the website, too, but unfortunately I can't remember what it was. I think it was... something...launchers.com?

PRD on
    edited October 2008

He mentioned the website, too, but unfortunately I can't remember what it was. I think it was... something...launchers.com?

That sounds about right, but im not sure. We've basicially given up, but I'll keep trying.

Grooveman23 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.