As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Four H's of MMOs: Hatred, Happiness, Hope

• EWomEWom Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    MuddBudd wrote: »
    Hate: My Regular Magister's Terrace groups on my warlock keep falling apart.

The first time the mage kept bitching at the hunter until he left due to nagging.

The second time the guy started only to say a bit later he had work in four hours.

Then why the hell did you start the damn thing in the first place?

Whoa, whoa, whoa? Isn't Magister's Terrace just a regular 5 man? How the fuck long could it take? Not even Kara takes 4 hours.

Shit, is it like BRD or Mauradon 2.0?

EWom on
    Whether they find a life there or not, I think Jupiter should be called an enemy planet.
  • reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Magister's Terrace is just a regular 5 man in the same way as being anally violated by a big black man named Bubba is just a gentle showing of affection.

reVerse on
  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    EWom wrote: »

The first time the mage kept bitching at the hunter until he left due to nagging.

The second time the guy started only to say a bit later he had work in four hours.

Whoa, whoa, whoa? Isn't Magister's Terrace just a regular 5 man? How the fuck long could it take? Not even Kara takes 4 hours.

i think he means work in four hours as in "need to sleep" work in four hours

Dhalphir on
  • Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    riz wrote: »
    Hate: Last boss of heroic Sethekk halls is apparently too much for me. Chain heal may be OP in some situations but when everyone's at 10% health and immediately runs out of LoS of me while I'm mid-cast... ugh.

I don't remember that much group damage taking place on that last boss, provided people are being clever; everyone should be running around the same pillar to get out of los; I think I had one guy who kept on running around the pillar on the opposite side of the room to me one time, and in the end I just let them die, because I was wasting too much time to get into range to heal them, thus neglecting my group.

Went alot smoother with 4 people.

Redcoat-13 on
    PSN Fleety2009
  • SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Why must people look in LFG tool, see me in LFG for three different instances, and send me an invite assuming I know which group they're in without mentioning it? It is silliness.

SabreMau on
  • reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    SabreMau wrote: »
    Why must people look in LFG tool, see me in LFG for three different instances, and send me an invite assuming I know which group they're in without mentioning it? It is silliness.

Yeah, this is annoying. You'd think it's just common courtesy to send a tell before inviting someone, but I guess someone forgot to tell 99% of the playerbase.

reVerse on
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I am always in the lfg system and I can offer tons of dps or a tank but sadly they are always looking for a healer or a tank
    I find it odd as of late they are not looking for dps and not the latter I guess people have rolled them as alts in order to help

[tiny] Windrunner still lacks horde[/tiny]

Brainleech on
  • SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Rizzi wrote: »
    reVerse wrote: »
    Guardian of Cenarius is exalted with both Cenarion Circle and Cenarion Expedition, if I recall correctly.
    Huuuuh. That's a pretty cool title actually. Might have to go rep grind in Silithis for a while..
    I started today at Neutral with CC. Just hit Revered now. That rep grind is a whole lot faster than I remember it being (though being level 70 and ripping through mobs like they're built of rice paper helps out, too).

SabreMau on
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    SabreMau wrote: »
    Rizzi wrote: »
    reVerse wrote: »
    Guardian of Cenarius is exalted with both Cenarion Circle and Cenarion Expedition, if I recall correctly.
    Huuuuh. That's a pretty cool title actually. Might have to go rep grind in Silithis for a while..
    I started today at Neutral with CC. Just hit Revered now. That rep grind is a whole lot faster than I remember it being (though being level 70 and ripping through mobs like they're built of rice paper helps out, too).

I did cc when it was a grind
    I want to get exatled with the Cenerion EXp but no one sells the coilfang arments anymore or wants to go there
    Only 3,213 rep to go sigh

Brainleech on
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Last post nine hours ago, really? Where is everyone!

Happy: Shaman got new shoulders by swapping in for the last two bosses after a bear run. Then ran a bunch of heroics so I have badges enough for gloves or boots. And potentially the ability to get Hand of A'dal this weekend if our t5 plans work out.

Hate: Last boss of heroic Sethekk halls is apparently too much for me. Chain heal may be OP in some situations but when everyone's at 10% health and immediately runs out of LoS of me while I'm mid-cast... ugh.

My virility caused quiet contemplation. :winky:

Thomamelas on
  • Wombat02Wombat02 Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Happy: Fishing 300
    Hate: Fishing not 350

Wombat02 on
  • BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    In 3.0 the number of catches to skillup is roughly being halved. So that might help ya out.

Bigity on
  • RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Happy: Got a blue gem from my fishing daily today.
    Sad: Still no pet.

Rizzi on
  • rizriz Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Redcoat-13 wrote: »

I don't remember that much group damage taking place on that last boss, provided people are being clever; everyone should be running around the same pillar to get out of los; I think I had one guy who kept on running around the pillar on the opposite side of the room to me one time, and in the end I just let them die, because I was wasting too much time to get into range to heal them, thus neglecting my group.

Yeah I'm sure it was partly my fault and partly theirs... The arcane volley thing his for like 3k, which isn't too hard to heal through, but not when he does it right before a channel and everyone has to run, including me who was mid-chain heal, then I get maybe one heal off while we're behind the pillar, assuming there's more than me and one other person behind the same pillar, and as soon as he novas they all run away again with no health and then die to the next volley.

Hate: STILL thinking I might want to play a priest instead. Priest is currently only level 24 but I could easily get her to 70 by November 13. But elves are not orcs, and my shaman is already 70 so I'm getting distracted by doing heroics and begging for Kara/ZA on her. Argh.

riz on
    edited October 2008

Yeah I'm sure it was partly my fault and partly theirs... The arcane volley thing his for like 3k, which isn't too hard to heal through, but not when he does it right before a channel and everyone has to run, including me who was mid-chain heal, then I get maybe one heal off while we're behind the pillar, assuming there's more than me and one other person behind the same pillar, and as soon as he novas they all run away again with no health and then die to the next volley.

Hate: STILL thinking I might want to play a priest instead. Priest is currently only level 24 but I could easily get her to 70 by November 13. But elves are not orcs, and my shaman is already 70 so I'm getting distracted by doing heroics and begging for Kara/ZA on her. Argh.

Hope and Hate: I still don't know what class I am going to play in WotLK either. On a current poll of my guild the classes I was thinking of doing as my main (Hunter/Priest) seem to be pretty popular as for what everyone else's mains are going to be. I really don't want to be left out of doing 10-mans because "we already have a hunter or we already have 2-3 healers".

Wombat02 on
  • SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Wombat02 wrote: »

Hope and Hate: I still don't know what class I am going to play in WotLK either. On a current poll of my guild the classes I was thinking of doing as my main (Hunter/Priest) seem to be pretty popular as for what everyone else's mains are going to be. I really don't want to be left out of doing 10-mans because "we already have a hunter or we already have 2-3 healers".

How many people are looking at switching to DK mains?

Seg on
  • WavechaserWavechaser Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Seg wrote: »

I was considering it until I tried out my PTR Paladin.

Wavechaser on
    edited October 2008

4 out of 35 people in my guild, who responded to the poll.

Wombat02 on
  • HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I don't know a whole lot of people who are switching to DK as their mains, but pretty much everyone is going to be making one and I'd be surprised if they didn't become a permanent fixture in a lot of folk's regular character rosters.

Halfmex on
  • 815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Purely being able to start at 55 makes them the farming alt of choice.

815165 on
    edited October 2008
    God, my DK's name does not fit at all with his race... Oh well!

Vawn, the Tauren DeathKnight.

Bleh.

Wavechaser on
  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    re: Heroic Sethekk Halls

At this point when, I'm tanking him, we just use the doorway method to avoid healers getting los'ed.

Nobody on
  • SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Halfmex wrote: »
    I don't know a whole lot of people who are switching to DK as their mains, but pretty much everyone is going to be making one and I'd be surprised if they didn't become a permanent fixture in a lot of folk's regular character rosters.

My first 80 will probably be my priest who is currently 69. My wife and I have been playing our Priest/Druid as a duoing team since my priest was in his 30s. And I don't really want to explore Northrend without her around. Hopefully 70 to 80 won't take us 2 years like 1 to 70 has taken us.

But after that I plan on leveling a Death Knight. I might start him before my priest hits 80, partially because I want to make my DK a miner so I can supply my JC priest with mats. I am pretty sure my DK will become my main character though.

Seg on
    edited October 2008
    Nobody wrote: »

At this point when, I'm tanking him, we just use the doorway method to avoid healers getting los'ed.

I've not heard of this method.

riz on
  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Nobody wrote: »

I've not heard of this method.

Pull him back to the doorway to the previous room (the one with the raven boss), tanking him on either side is fine. When he starts doing his arcane explosion, everybody makes sure they are on the other side of the doorway, LOSing him using the wall. Healer should still have LOS to everybody to pop off heals. Tank picks him up and lather/rinse/repeat.

Unless somebody gets poly'ed right before he does his AE, and you don't have anybody to dispell it, nobody should die.

Nobody on
    edited October 2008
    Wow, that sounds silly easy. I wonder why no groups I've been in ever tried that. He doesn't reset if he's dragged into the next room then?

riz on
    edited October 2008
    Seriously, if a group cannot figure out how to run around a fucking pillar, you have more to worry about than strategy.

Wavechaser on
  • shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    It's not really about running around the pillar. It's that the pillar is round so you can be out of line of sight of the Arcane Explosion while also being out of line of sight of the healer. A wall is flat so that can't happen.

shadowane on
  • MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    EWom wrote: »

i think he means work in four hours as in "need to sleep" work in four hours

Yeah.

I mean, if you know when we start that you have work in four and a half hours, just fucking go to sleep THEN. Don't drag me halfway into an instance and bail.

MuddBudd on
    There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • EWomEWom Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Wombat02 wrote: »

4 out of 35 people in my guild, who responded to the poll.

From our guild, I seem to be the only one interested in switching mains to a DK. However, when BC came out, the same was said about paladins, I was the only one showing any interest in switching mains to the paladin for raiding. Then low and behold on release day, about 5 people take vacation, roll up new paladins, and power up to get the paladin raids spots. When I finally get there "OLO no more room"

I'm guessing the exact same thing is going to happen with DKs. :( Oh well because fuck it, I've made my intentions known, I'm going to be doing a DK as a main, and I'll be raiding with him, regardless of whoever else levels one up. And my fiance is going to be leveling her mage along side me, so hopefully that'll make questing through outlands, and again in northrend faster. Having a tankish type, and a dps. Maybe we can even do some AEing, depending on how well I can hold agro.

EWom on
    Whether they find a life there or not, I think Jupiter should be called an enemy planet.
  • PoketpixiePoketpixie Siege Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Sad: Spent 16+ hours killing blue dragonkin
    Happy: Got my azure whelp finally!

Bonus: got several blues, a purple, and a ton of misc greens plus a couple hundred gold out of the deal too

Poketpixie on
    edited October 2008
    I'm pretty bummed about the whole DK thing. You beta bastards get a huge headstart on the class, and as such will have a huge advantage while leveling them up in the starter areas.

Meanwhile I have no idea if i'll even like playing them, or what the hell i'm going to spec if I do enjoy them.

/bitterrage

Wavechaser on
  • PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    It's not really a huge advantage in the starter zones. The quests are all really self explanatory. And due to phasing, it's really obvious where you need to go.

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    PierceNeck wrote: »
    It's not really a huge advantage in the starter zones. The quests are all really self explanatory. And due to phasing, it's really obvious where you need to go.

This man speaks truth.

However, the ones who played it in Beta will know the ability rotations this time around. When I went through the starter zones I was just wildly mashing buttons, hardly an optimal rotation. Of course if you prefer to know that sort of thing in advance you can always research it.

Dhalphir on
  • TheEmergedTheEmerged Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    You won't have to exit Scarlet Monastery, reset the instance and then re-enter for each attempt you take on the Headless Horseman.

Broom mounts will be back (they still have a duration, so you'll only see them during Hallow's End). They work differently this year. There is only one "broom" mount and anyone can use it. It moves at whatever riding skill speed you have. If you don't have any riding skill, it moves at run speed.

TheEmerged on
    Sometimes, the knights are the monsters
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Wavechaser wrote: »
    I'm pretty bummed about the whole DK thing. You beta bastards get a huge headstart on the class, and as such will have a huge advantage while leveling them up in the starter areas.

Meanwhile I have no idea if i'll even like playing them, or what the hell i'm going to spec if I do enjoy them.

/bitterrage

The only thing the beta teaches you is to press 1 for your horse quest. Which most likely will be screamed constantly through out the zone.

Thomamelas on
    edited October 2008
    oh my god that took me literally like 10 minutes to figure out

i even right clicked off the buff and had to go get another horseb ecause i thought thats what you had to do

Dhalphir on
  • Coconut MonkeyCoconut Monkey Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Wavechaser wrote: »
    Seriously, if a group cannot figure out how to run around a fucking pillar, you have more to worry about than strategy.
    I've with Wave on this one. The pillar strategy is just as "easy" as running him all the way out to the next room to play with walls.

Just pick a pillar and tank him on one side of it. Bunch up around the tank. Don't stand too far away from the pillar, or things could go pearshaped if he snares you and there's no way of breaking it. As soon as he pops his teleport, you all run to the other side of the pillar, together. When he explodes you should all be on top of each other. Since he drops all aggro, he'll likely run for some poor random sucker or the healer, but the tank's right on top of everybody so one driveby taunt and you're back in business.

So many retarded PuGers run away in a completely different direction to everybody else, stand out in the open making it really hard to get away in time or try and get off one last heal/bolt before attempting to leg it.

Coconut Monkey on
  • AldarezAldarez Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I usually tank him right next to a pillar, so the nearest safe zone is pretty obvious.

Aldarez on
    2188939-1.png
    edited October 2008
    I have solved the problem of how to avoid headaches with Puggers and Sethekk Halls on heroic

Don't PuG heroic Sethekk Halls. :D

seriously though, the wall strategy and the pillar strategy both have equal merit and either can work

Dhalphir on
This discussion has been closed.