As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Cedar Point Action Jackson Saturday - October 11

124»

• Options
    mentok1982mentok1982 I could never leave you PAX baby. BaltimoreRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Here is the weather data when checked today:

Saturday
    High 74
    Low 57
    Day: Mostly Sunny, 71% Humidity, 0% Chance of Rain
    Night: Mostly Clear, 80% Humidity, 20% Chance of Rain

The day is now 3 degrees warmer and Mostly Sunny instead of Partly Cloudy.
    The night is a few degrees warmer but it is now Mostly Clear instead of Clear.

Sunday
    High 71
    Low 58
    Day: Partly Cloudy, 75% Humidity, 20% Chance of Rain
    Night: Partly Cloudy, 72% Humidity, 20% Chance of Rain

The day is now 2 degrees colder and Partly Cloudy instead of Sunny.
    The night did not change.

mentok1982 on
    Penny Arcade TV makes my life complete!
    PS3: Mentok || Steam: mentok1982 || Diablo 3: mentok1982#1212
    Links: GPUReview.com My IGN activity My IGN Blog [H]ard|Forum
  • Options
    mentok1982mentok1982 I could never leave you PAX baby. BaltimoreRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I have a 3 ring binder that contains all my printed maps for my trip.
    I made a cover for my binder. Do you like it? Should I change any colors?

EDIT:
    Please ignore the Word cursor.

actionjacksonmz0.jpg

mentok1982 on
  • Options
    Cynd3rCynCynd3rCyn Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    That's really cool Mentok. :)

Cynd3rCyn on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Cynd3rCyn wrote: »

No it's not. I just realised that Moe spelled your name without the '3' so that means I did too. Damn him!

It's too late though. I already printed it out.:(

mentok1982 on
  • Options
    ReisaroniReisaroni Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Yay! Mindibelle and hottopicreject will be on their way down tomorrow morning! Yay for the weekend!

Reisaroni on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    mentok1982 wrote: »
    Cynd3rCyn wrote: »

No it's not. I just realised that Moe spelled your name with the '3' so that means I did too. Damn him!

It's too late though. I already printed it out.:(

I don't care how you guys spelled it. The forum name is only spelled with a 3 because I couldn't access my original forum account. But everyone knows who you're referring to regardless.

Cynd3rCyn on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Here is the weather data when checked today:

Saturday
    High 73
    Low 57
    Day: Mostly Sunny, 61% Humidity, 10% Chance of Rain
    Night: Clear, 71% Humidity, 10% Chance of Rain

The day is now 1 degree cooler with a 10% chance of rain instead of 0%, and 10% drop in humidity.
    The night is now Clear instead of Mostly Clear, the chance of rain fell to 10% and the humidity dropped 9%.

Here is Saturday's hourly forecast:
    9am = 56 Sunny
    12pm = 66 Mostly Sunny
    3pm = 70 Mostly Sunny
    6pm = 69 Partly Cloudy
    9pm = 64 Clear

Sunday
    High 75
    Low 56
    Day: Sunny, 64% Humidity, 20% Chance of Rain
    Night: Mostly Cloudy, 70% Humidity, 20% Chance of Rain

The day is now 4 degrees warmer, the humidity dropped by 11% and it is Sunny instead of Partly Cloudy.
    The night is 2 degrees colder and Mostly Cloudy instead of Partly Cloudy.

mentok1982 on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    I am bringing my laptop with me but I am not sure how expensive the Internet access is at my hotel, so this
    might be last message in this thread for awhile.

I am leaving work at 1:30PM Eastern and heading straight for CLE and then Sandusky.

See you all beyond the veil!

mentok1982 on
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited October 2008
    Hey, mentok, do me a favor and call VT and see how he's progressing. They've been driving all week, after all.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    edited October 2008
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »
    Hey, mentok, do me a favor and call VT and see how he's progressing. They've been driving all week, after all.

Ok.

mentok1982 on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    It Begins!

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Hi guys! Hey Mentok, I saw you called! We're here! I'm glad you called, because as TNTrooper might've told you, our old phone had a bit of a... mishap in Arizona. I'm using an older phone that we were going to get rid of right now, but it's got none of the numbers in it that I've added in the past year. =( Oy.

I'll try to call you and/or Moe once we get somewhere where I can get some service with the phone. I did finally manage to get 2 bars of service for this cell phone internet device my boss sent with me... my ability to get internet has been shoddy at best. =)

Anyways, I'll see you guys there! I'll give you a call once we're ready to go!

P.S. - The road between 71 North and this town is Creepy! well, at least at 1am. =)

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • Options
    ReisaroniReisaroni Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I just want to say that it was really nice to see everyone again and I hope you all made/ make it home safely!

Reisaroni on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Aye, it was great hanging out with you guys! =) What a blast!

It seems the timing was off on meeting up for gaming Mentok =( but we'll have to make up for it with some late night gaming at the next PAX! =)

Also, we're in New Hampshire now! We survived! =) I have limited internet at the moment, but I'll drop by to say hi when I can before I get my own place/internet set up. =)

VThornheart on
  • Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »
    It Begins!

Pics, videos, and funny but embarrassing stories to follow soon?

TNTrooper on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    We sang almost all of Bohemian Rhapsody while waiting in line for the Millennium Force

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    edited October 2008
    lol Moe, that's awesome =)=)

VThornheart on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    I am sad that I did not get to return the park on Sunday but the goddess known as Geekgrrl had to be appeased.
    Here is why:

Much of her Staurday was spent trudging around the park and then waiting for long periods of time while the
    fearless waited in line for their 'thrills and chills'. Then after waiting for close to two hours for us at the Millennium
    Force we found ourselves near the park exit. It was after 9PM, we were right at the exit so she longed to leave
    the park.

But no. We had to soldier on to the Maverick. Getting there was half the battle since the main route was judged
    impassable due to the park deciding to turn a covered bridge into a tightly packed slow moving fog filled fright
    zone that certain members of our party could not traverse. The journey to other route through the dense crowds
    was long, confusing and hard on us all.

When we finally arrive at the Maverick we find out that the line is of a 2 hour magnitude instead of the 45 minutes
    that we were told by one of our faster agents. The park was closing in less than 2 hours but we decided to get in
    line anyway. Once again Geekgrrl had to sit and wait for us with only the amusement of a (dreaded) mobile phone
    game (and Ben) to entertain her.

Then I unilaterally decided to let HotSake share our hotel room and the rest of stay with us since he was flying out
    of CLE on the same day as her. HotSake is great of course and we ended up having fun, but at the time she was
    not too happy with me about the decision. When we finally started making our way to the exit she was not in a
    pleasant mood. I apologized to her about my selfishness and disregard for her needs and then Sake and I began to
    turn her frown upside down by telling her the INCREDIBLE and humorous stories that Moe's friend told us while in
    line for the Maverick. I shall not repeat them here, but they involve intoxicated cats, and a duel between a battle
    axe and a samurai sword where Moe's life was saved from utter ruin. All three of us were talking about these tales
    and we just began following the crowd out of the park.

We were in the parking lot, looking for my car when tradgedy struck once again. We could not find my car because
    we were in the parking lot that is North of the entire park instead of the lot at the very South end of the park, it
    was after 12:15PM and we thought that we might not be able to walk through the park because it was closing. We
    were all angry and cursing our stupidity and I am surprised that Geekgrrl did not freak out or collapse on us.

I offered to make the journey to the car and to drive it around the park to pick them up, but they preferred to come
    with me. We managed to get back into the park (which is as easy as jumping the turnstile since no one was watching
    the exit) and we walked all the way through the park to my car.

Geekgrrl climbed in and collapsed in the back seat with my super soft blanket while Sake and I began the battle to
    actually leave the parking lot. We were not far from the intersection that would take us to the main exit road but
    it took us at least 30 minutes to reach it due many other drivers being too meek and unassertive.

This my friends is why Geekgrrl has a deap hatred for Cedar Point and why she refused to return the next day for
    more punishment.

One day... I hope to return to Cedar Point to ride all the coasters I did not get to ride on Saturday. The Mantis,
    Power Tower, maXair, Skyhawk, Wicked Twister and Top Thrill Dragster are on the top of that list.

mentok1982 on
  • Options
    geekgrrlgeekgrrl Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    well put, for the most part.

however, as i recall, we didn't even discuss going back to the park once Sunday came. sure, mentok dubbed it "my day" in acquiescence to what had transpired, but that didn't mean another trip was out of the question. *thinks* okay, yeah, maybe it did. :P truth is, i had a lot of fun up until the Maverick hooha. i'm regretful that i'm more of a chickenshit than i thought i was, but man, those drops just kill me. i'm glad i met you guys, some again, some for the first time. i want to see those group pics!

also, you guys missed out on some killer Rock Band. i am unable to think of "Pump It Up" or mentok farting into the microphone without laughing my nuts off.

geekgrrl on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    geekgrrl wrote: »

also, you guys missed out on some killer Rock Band. i am unable to think of "Pump It Up" or mentok farting into the microphone without laughing my nuts off.

Oh yes the farting into the mic was awesome.

Also I will try to get that video of me singing up onto YouTube soon.

EDIT:
    I am uploading the video while I watch yesterday's Heroes episode. It will be ready soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnRA45QrP3w

mentok1982 on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    That Maverick line was brutal. I didn't think my gf was going to make it, but she was determined.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    edited October 2008
    Also here are my Cedar Point photos.

Most of those pics are of signs that I thought would be fun to photoshop.

Highlights:

Pepsi sphincter.
    IMG_0422.JPG

HotSake being alone in a crowd.
    IMG_0427.JPG

Domokun invades Target.
    IMG_0431.JPG

mentok1982 on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    How late did you guys end up doing Rock Band? We must do it at PAX next year =)

VThornheart on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    dude, i could not possibly be making a more idiotic face in that second picture if i tried.

i've captioned my meager pics, but Picasa's being an ass and can't find where i put them.. i'll have to figure this out tomorrow. it seems really powerful, but i can't get a handle on that program.

we played RB2 until 3 am saturday, midnight sunday. that might not seem so bad except we watched a movie after that and we had to get up at 8. :P

geekgrrl on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    lol =) No worries! =)

Man, you guys were up late! Ouch =) HOW you got up at 8 is the important question at that point. You've got more motivation than I do, that's for sure. =)

VThornheart on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Oh yes and then there was GravyRobber...

He is like my favorite Penny Arcade forum member now. I like him more than Moe and Geekgrrl and ElectricTurtle
    and even VT.

You may be asking, "Why's that mentok? Did he make you a cake and give you a million dollars?"
    Here is my answer:

I <3 Matthew Perry
    GravyRobber = Matthew Perry - Famous - A Few Inches

So basically, I was at a theme park with a short Matthew Perry who was actually talking to me! He even thought
    that some of my 'jokes' were funny which is high praise coming from someone like him. I just want to be near
    him and talk to him all day every day forever and ever and ever. I should find out where he lives and consider
    moving into his neighborhood. All of my friends live far away from me anyway.

I am prepared to say that he is my 4th favorite person in the entire world. The only people I like more are
    Brandon Daiker, my roommate from college who I have known for 6 years, Jerry Holkins and Mike Krahulik.
    Brandon is also a real character just like GravyRobber.

mentok1982 on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Oh yes and then there was GravyRobber...

He is like my favorite Penny Arcade forum member now. I like him more than Moe and Geekgrrl and ElectricTurtle
    and even VT.

huh. i don't know whether to be insulted or relieved. O_o

geekgrrl on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    lol Mentok, you crack me up =)

In unrelated news Ahhhhhh apartment hunting is frustrating. =)

VThornheart on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    I need to add you fuckers to my Xbox Live friends list:

VT: CalliAlex
    Moe Fwacky: MoeFwacky
    Reisaroni: Reisaroni
    hottopicreject: hottopicreject
    Gravy Robber: Shotgun Banana

I demand HotSake's Xbox Live name! Send me a PM please.

mentok1982 on
  • Options
    Gravy RobberGravy Robber Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I <3 Matthew Perry
    GravyRobber = Matthew Perry - Famous - A Few Inches

i cannot fault you

i love myself too

Gravy Robber on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    <3 Gravy Robber ;)

VThornheart on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Omg best Saturday EVAR!! I really needed to get out and have some fun since my best little kitty friend passed away last Wednesday. I loved seeing you guys again and hope we can do this again next year!

Cynd3rCyn on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Aye, I'm so sorry to hear about that Cyn =( But we did have a good time, and I'm glad you made it and had fun! Woot! =)

VThornheart on
  • Options
    HotSakeHotSake Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    My Live name is Ekastoh. I'll get my pics and video up eventually. Anyone want to take a stab at fixing a group photo taken at night without enough light?

HotSake on
    hotsakepaxsigbl0.png
  • Options
    Gravy RobberGravy Robber Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    HotSake wrote: »
    My Live name is Ekastoh. I'll get my pics and video up eventually. Anyone want to take a stab at fixing a group photo taken at night without enough light?

i've got some photoshop schoolin' under mah belt, send it here and i'll see what i can do

Gravy Robber on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    tada:

my cedar point flickr set

wish i'd taken more pics of people. :| i did get VT and his awesome wifey, whose forum name i cannot remember because i'm a dope, but i'm sending her an email link.

geekgrrl on
This discussion has been closed.