As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Four H's of MMOs: Hatred, Happiness, Hope

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Happy (So very, very happy.): The Naaru have a new champion, complete with title.

Super-Happy: Other than "The Hand of A'dal" which I have no chance of getting, I have everything I really wanted to get before 3.0.2. So I can relax for the rest of the week, do whatever the hell I want, and anticipate 3.0.2 like a normal person instead of dreading it.

Happy: Devilsaur pet in 5 days. :D

Happy: 1 badge away from the 150 badge two-handed Axe.

Happy: That I can finally be happy again.

Undead Scottsman on
  • 815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Why even run HC Sethekk?

815165 on
  • WavechaserWavechaser Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    815165 wrote: »
    Why even run HC Sethekk?

Awesomesauce mount of radicalness

Wavechaser on
  • TheEmergedTheEmerged Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Why even run HC Sethekk?

Druid Swift Flight Form quest is why I'm trying to run it.

TheEmerged on
    Sometimes, the knights are the monsters
    edited October 2008
    I like to think that mount doesn't exist.

At least it ceases to the second I zone into that fucking shithole.

Hate: I guess.

815165 on
    edited October 2008
    PvP on the PTR is hilarious.

The opposing factions sees a Paladin and immediately you are focus fired by 15 guys.

Wavechaser on
  • CripTonicCripTonic Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

spoilered for jealousy...
    ravenmount.jpg
    Yes, I have full T3 as well.

CripTonic on
    0liDg.png
  • OptyOpty Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I want that mount more than anything, luckily I'm a druid but unluckily no one wants to run HSethekk unless it's the daily and it hasn't been the daily for 2 weeks now.

Opty on
  • SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Fun: Got a new mount.
    But it's not red.

fufuho3.jpg

We got as far as Twin Emps, wiped once (people couldn't get the bosses to not run into the middle of the room), and they despawned and never respawned. Huh. At least I got +500 Cenarion Circle rep for each boss downed.

SabreMau on
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Brainleech wrote: »
    SabreMau wrote: »
    Rizzi wrote: »
    reVerse wrote: »
    Guardian of Cenarius is exalted with both Cenarion Circle and Cenarion Expedition, if I recall correctly.
    Huuuuh. That's a pretty cool title actually. Might have to go rep grind in Silithis for a while..
    I started today at Neutral with CC. Just hit Revered now. That rep grind is a whole lot faster than I remember it being (though being level 70 and ripping through mobs like they're built of rice paper helps out, too).

I did cc when it was a grind
    I want to get exatled with the Cenerion EXp but no one sells the coilfang arments anymore or wants to go there
    Only 3,213 rep to go sigh

Wait until patch 3.0 when everyone comes out of hte woodwork to try out the new stuff. Level 70 will light up like a christmas tree.

Undead Scottsman on
  • SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Grindfest Completed: Can finally stop farming Twilight mobs in Silithus. Just hit Exalted with Cenarion Circle. Time to pick up that title once it gets patched in.

SabreMau on
  • PoketpixiePoketpixie Siege Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    CripTonic wrote: »

spoilered for jealousy...
    ravenmount.jpg
    Yes, I have full T3 as well.

That mount would be a lot cooler if it actually flew. The whole running thing just ruins it though.

Poketpixie on
  • rizriz Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Wavechaser wrote: »
    Seriously, if a group cannot figure out how to run around a fucking pillar, you have more to worry about than strategy.
    I've with Wave on this one. The pillar strategy is just as "easy" as running him all the way out to the next room to play with walls.

Just pick a pillar and tank him on one side of it. Bunch up around the tank. Don't stand too far away from the pillar, or things could go pearshaped if he snares you and there's no way of breaking it. As soon as he pops his teleport, you all run to the other side of the pillar, together. When he explodes you should all be on top of each other. Since he drops all aggro, he'll likely run for some poor random sucker or the healer, but the tank's right on top of everybody so one driveby taunt and you're back in business.

So many retarded PuGers run away in a completely different direction to everybody else, stand out in the open making it really hard to get away in time or try and get off one last heal/bolt before attempting to leg it.

Yeah that was what was pissing me off, if he's going to randomly aggro onto one of us, he'd be easy to pick up and I could heal people if we just stayed there and let him run around the pillar to us. But no they had to run out to him every time. It was dumb.

The worst part is it wasn't a pug. There wasn't even anyone I consider a bad player in there. We're talking warglaive rogue on his alt, Felmyst shield tank on his main, etc. Oh well.

Happy: Managed to scrape together a Kara run last night. Finally upgraded my shaman's healing belt from Twin Emps. >.>

riz on
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Happy: finally turned in those stupid Qiraji badges for rep, putting me up to Exalted with CC.

Happier:
    Pet.jpg

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
    edited October 2008
    Hate: Your character makes mine look like jackasses. :(

815165 on
  • RamiRami Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Firefly and Sargeras' Cursed Vision.

I hate you.

Rami on
    Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
    edited October 2008
    We'll all be wearing the same shit in about a month and a half.

Edit: also, I <3 our new guild tabbard. Too bad the insignia isn't yellow, but it's good enough.

For the god damned Batman.

Forar on
    edited October 2008
    You know what I hate, when you see a guild recruiting post from a nice guild that's well progressed, and it reads:

'We're recruiting players of all classes in preparation for WOTLK...

...except rogues'

Rami on
    sig.gif
    edited October 2008
    Forar wrote: »
    Happy: finally turned in those stupid Qiraji badges for rep, putting me up to Exalted with CC.

Happier:
    Pet.jpg

WANT.

Also isn't Sunwell gear supposed to look ridiculous? That looks awesome. And Cursed Vision's model really needs to be reused sometime, it's too cool. Of course it will probably be leather or mail or something because everyone knows it's impossible to make an eyepatch or a blindfold out of cloth........ :x

riz on
  • MayGodHaveMercyMayGodHaveMercy Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    riz wrote: »

Happier:
    Pet.jpg

WANT.

Also isn't Sunwell gear supposed to look ridiculous? That looks awesome. And Cursed Vision's model really needs to be reused sometime, it's too cool. Of course it will probably be leather or mail or something because everyone knows it's impossible to make an eyepatch or a blindfold out of cloth........ :x

He's not wearing that much sunwell gear other than the additional pieces of rogue T6, which look like the rest of the set from BT. A lot of the Sunwell gear really does look pretty silly.

MayGodHaveMercy on
    XBL: Mercy XXVI - Steam: Mercy_XXVI - PSN: Mercy XXVI
    edited October 2008
    Hmm I guess I just don't recognize regular rogue tier 6 then because all of our rogues are undead and thus you can't really tell what their gear looks like because it's in pieces.

And actually, I don't know about all sets, but I think the tier 6 found in Sunwell matches the Sunwell off drops, not tier 6, which is RETARDED.

riz on
  • CharusCharus Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Wavechaser wrote: »
    Seriously, if a group cannot figure out how to run around a fucking pillar, you have more to worry about than strategy.
    I've with Wave on this one. The pillar strategy is just as "easy" as running him all the way out to the next room to play with walls.

Just pick a pillar and tank him on one side of it. Bunch up around the tank. Don't stand too far away from the pillar, or things could go pearshaped if he snares you and there's no way of breaking it. As soon as he pops his teleport, you all run to the other side of the pillar, together. When he explodes you should all be on top of each other. Since he drops all aggro, he'll likely run for some poor random sucker or the healer, but the tank's right on top of everybody so one driveby taunt and you're back in business.

So many retarded PuGers run away in a completely different direction to everybody else, stand out in the open making it really hard to get away in time or try and get off one last heal/bolt before attempting to leg it.

Yeah that was what was pissing me off, if he's going to randomly aggro onto one of us, he'd be easy to pick up and I could heal people if we just stayed there and let him run around the pillar to us. But no they had to run out to him every time. It was dumb.

The worst part is it wasn't a pug. There wasn't even anyone I consider a bad player in there. We're talking warglaive rogue on his alt, Felmyst shield tank on his main, etc. Oh well.

Happy: Managed to scrape together a Kara run last night. Finally upgraded my shaman's healing belt from Twin Emps. >.>

Damnit, if you got a Kara last night, that probably means they won't fit another one in the rest of the week. A shame, too, because I would really like to get a T4 2-piece bonus on my druid. Oh well, maybe after the patch I can just 3 man it or something.

Charus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2008
    Probably not, but there's still the intention of going to do some combination of alt/attunement SSC/TK/Mag/Hyjal tonight, so you could always pick up the chest. Or maybe we'd do Gruul if the longer instances don't pan out?

riz on
  • MayGodHaveMercyMayGodHaveMercy Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Hmm I guess I just don't recognize regular rogue tier 6 then because all of our rogues are undead and thus you can't really tell what their gear looks like because it's in pieces.

And actually, I don't know about all sets, but I think the tier 6 found in Sunwell matches the Sunwell off drops, not tier 6, which is RETARDED.

Looks pretty close, to me. Didn't look at any other sets though, so who knows. That would be sort of an odd design decision, though.

MayGodHaveMercy on
    XBL: Mercy XXVI - Steam: Mercy_XXVI - PSN: Mercy XXVI
    edited October 2008
    Hope: That more Beasts get their asses in gear and come back to WoW. Logging on to see the same one person online, ever, is getting very depressing.

Sad: I miss the old guild chat. :( Almost every night there were discussions that were easily SS'able for laughs, and now it's nothing but crickets... My how far we have fallen...

Hate: Waiting for this goddamn patch. For the first time in my life I'm actually hoping this weekend goes by quickly so it can be Tuesday already.

Wavechaser on
  • SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Well, a new girl, and trying to study for the GMAT may be a hindrance, but I'm probably going to unsubscribe from WAR and try to find time to run the hell out of some older instances with the Beasts.

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
    edited October 2008
    So I found a new guild forming for WOTLK

Hope: It's as good as it sounds and they accept my application.

Rami on
    sig.gif
    edited October 2008
    HATE: The girl I share an office with is a fork-biter. Drives me crazy, like nails-on-a-chalkboard crazy. And she eats lunch at her desk almost every day, and it's never ever a sandwich, always something with a plate and a metal fork to scrape against that too. :twitch:

I had a WoW-related hate but I totally lost it. Probably something to do with being indecisive again.

riz on
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

Edit: also, I <3 our new guild tabbard. Too bad the insignia isn't yellow, but it's good enough.

Isn't Batwoman's chest emblem red?

Thomamelas on
  • MgcwMgcw Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    HATE: The girl I share an office with is a fork-biter. Drives me crazy, like nails-on-a-chalkboard crazy. And she eats lunch at her desk almost every day, and it's never ever a sandwich, always something with a plate and a metal fork to scrape against that too. :twitch:

I had a WoW-related hate but I totally lost it. Probably something to do with being indecisive again.

AHHHHHH! I hate fork-biters.
    So I found a new guild forming for WOTLK

Hope: It's as good as it sounds and they accept my application.

If it's a reroll guild chances are good that it's not.

Mgcw on
  • Wombat02Wombat02 Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

I may or may not have been chewing on a plastic spoon while reading this.

Wombat02 on
    edited October 2008
    If it turns out badly now I am going to hunt you down and kill you.

Rami on
    sig.gif
  • shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Thomamelas wrote: »

I think Batgirl's emblem is actually yellow.

edit: Batman's symbol is actually black anyway. It has a yellow circle around it.

edit2: Oh and I'm correct about Batgirl's emblem. There wasn't ever a Batwoman right?

edit3: Turns out there is a Batwoman. Who knew. And her emblem was red. However, the suit Terry wore in Batman Beyond has a red emblem too. Apparently Batwoman was a lesbian too.

shadowane on
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    shadowane wrote: »

I think Batgirl's emblem is actually yellow.

edit: Batman's symbol is actually black anyway. It has a yellow circle around it.

edit2: Oh and I'm correct about Batgirl's emblem. There wasn't ever a Batwoman right?

Batgirl's is yellow. Batwoman's is red. And she does exist, she was around during the 50's and 60's. Later she would be retconned out in CoIE. And later brought back after the series 52 finished. You might have heard some of the news stories in which it was stated that she is a lesbian.

Thomamelas on
  • shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Yeah I edited my post like 4 times when I realized you probably were correct and I was wrong. =)

shadowane on
    edited October 2008
    the_more_you_know2.jpg

riz on
    edited October 2008
    So they want me to tag along to a kara fun run tonight

naturally they whisper me this 10 minutes before it starts, so now i'm downloading omen and buying overpriced consumables from the AH because I had no prep time

Rami on
    sig.gif
    edited October 2008
    Consumables..... for... kara....?

o_O

Wavechaser on
    edited October 2008

I'm not sure, but in hindsight, I think the one on the Batman Beyond suit is red. Which is good, because Batman Beyond was an awesome show.

Edit: apparently I needed to read further to see this was already covered, but point stands.

Forar on
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    It's more than just Batwoman's emblem thats red

batwoman_sm.jpg

eh? eh?

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.