As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Four H's of MMOs: Hatred, Happiness, Hope

• Options
    DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Wavechaser wrote: »
    Hope: That more Beasts get their asses in gear and come back to WoW. Logging on to see the same one person online, ever, is getting very depressing.

Sad: I miss the old guild chat. :( Almost every night there were discussions that were easily SS'able for laughs, and now it's nothing but crickets... My how far we have fallen...

Hate: Waiting for this goddamn patch. For the first time in my life I'm actually hoping this weekend goes by quickly so it can be Tuesday already.

Warhammer, fool.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    WavechaserWavechaser Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Hope: That more Beasts get their asses in gear and come back to WoW. Logging on to see the same one person online, ever, is getting very depressing.

Sad: I miss the old guild chat. :( Almost every night there were discussions that were easily SS'able for laughs, and now it's nothing but crickets... My how far we have fallen...

Hate: Waiting for this goddamn patch. For the first time in my life I'm actually hoping this weekend goes by quickly so it can be Tuesday already.

Warhammer, fool.

I refuse.

Wavechaser on
  • Options
    SoundwaveSoundwave Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

Warhammer, fool.

I refuse.

Dooooo eet.

Soundwave on
  • Options
    WavechaserWavechaser Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Buy me a new motherboard to support that newfangled Ram, then buy me a new video card that can support this monstrosity of a game, also I'll need the 64 bit Vista so I can install 4 gigs of ram and actually use most of it.

Then i'll play wit yoos.

Wavechaser on
  • Options
    DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Buy me a new motherboard to support that newfangled Ram, then buy me a new video card that can support this monstrosity of a game, also I'll need the 64 bit Vista so I can install 4 gigs of ram and actually use most of it.

Then i'll play wit yoos.

I upgraded my computer to play Conan. Well, bought a new one, old board didn't support pci-e.

Sure, that wasn't the best excuse, but at least it let me play MTW 2 at 60 fps, and lets me play Warhammer now.

I guess thats still relevant to this thread. Conan had the potential to be fucking awesome. What a waste.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    Wombat02Wombat02 Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Hate: I did something stupid. A while back I created a trial account to test out dual boxing / RAF. I decided today that maybe I'll upgrade that account and level some characters between now and the expansion. AFTER I had paid the upgrade I looked and I put my Father's name on the new account for some damn reason. So now I decide, do I just blow off this account and RAF a new account with my name so I can eventually transfer the character to my original account or do I just level with RAF and let the new account die into oblivion and be satisfied with a new 2 new 60s instead of 3 (1 from RAF account, 1 Leveled with RAF character, and 1 level 30ish given the bonus levels)

Wombat02 on
  • Options
    MgcwMgcw Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I believe the only req is the same last name and address, though I could be wrong.

Mgcw on
  • Options
    MetacortexMetacortex The Prettiest Zombie Coeur d'CoeursRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Mgcw wrote: »
    I believe the only req is the same last name and address, though I could be wrong.

I read that as well.

Metacortex on
    4FNao2T.png
  • Options
    Wombat02Wombat02 Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Taken from Paid Character Transfer FAQ
    Account Restrictions:

- Transfers between accounts can be done only if you are the subscriber on both accounts. (We do not support the transfer of characters between friends, guild mates, or family members.)
    - Trial accounts are not eligible to send or receive characters. To remove this restriction please upgrade to a paid account.
    - Characters may not be transferred to or from a locked, suspended, or banned account.
    - Customers with expansion accounts cannot transfer characters to a non-expansion account. The reverse is accepted.

Wombat02 on
  • Options
    SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Yeah, family members, I figured I could transfer my character to my brother's account, even with a different address, but who knows.

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • Options
    MetacortexMetacortex The Prettiest Zombie Coeur d'CoeursRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Yes, that says they do NOT want transfers between family member accouts.

However, this is taken from the same FAQ.
    Who is eligible for account-to-account transfers?

Characters may be eligible for transfer between accounts which are registered to the same user. To conduct an account-to-account transfer, you will have to answer the 'secret question' for the account you are transferring the character off of (source account), and the last name on both accounts must match. We do not support the transfer of characters between friends, guild mates, or family members.

It doesn't say anything about the first name, so they may or may not actually check it.

Metacortex on
    4FNao2T.png
  • Options
    TheEmergedTheEmerged Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    RE: Consumables for Kara. Hey, for some of us that's as high in Outland as we get to go. When I managed to get a PuG for it you'd better BELIEVE I went in prepared. I knew I was only going to get one shot and I wanted to do it right :lol:

TheEmerged on
    Sometimes, the knights are the monsters
  • Options
    Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Hope: This Ony run we got together goes smoothly so I can get my Quel'Serrar today.

edit: We're done and I got my Quel, along with Ony's Head, the Dragon Sinew, and the priest codex.

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Consumables..... for... kara....?

o_O

Yes, when I'm 'making a good impression'.

Rami on
    Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I'd probably make a good impression as felguard with my wand.

Then again, I'm a bit beyond Kara for my warlock's gear level and most people bring alts. I usually don't go though. :P

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Well it was just a badge run, these guys have all cleared T5 and most of T6. Still, if someone says 'got any spare food buffs?' I want to be able to say yes.

ps I was accepted for trial

Rami on
    Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    MayGodHaveMercyMayGodHaveMercy Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Hope: This Ony run we got together goes smoothly so I can get my Quel'Serrar today.

edit: We're done and I got my Quel, along with Ony's Head, the Dragon Sinew, and the priest codex.

Nice thing about Ony? Get 5 people and you're in business. And it's like 30g a piece or something ridiculous like that.

MayGodHaveMercy on
    XBL: Mercy XXVI - Steam: Mercy_XXVI - PSN: Mercy XXVI
  • Options
    Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

Nice thing about Ony? Get 5 people and you're in business. And it's like 30g a piece or something ridiculous like that.

We had 7 and I got like 18g. Which is something me and a friend do. We go to ZG once a week and kill the raptor boss, for easy money and a chance at a mount.

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • Options
    JoonJoon Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Every day I check the beta achievement forums. Every day there's someone on there reporting a "bug" that their drop from Hakkar, General Drakkisath, Aku'mai, etc. isn't giving them credit. These are the people who are on the forum with the big stickied post that tells them why they're idiots at the top. I'm already looking forward to being annoyed by all the bitching I'll see in live.

What do you mean they didn't keep track of that time I killed Nefarian two years ago and didn't get any loot? GG blizz

They're not checking for my sweet drops from WC? Fucking bullshit!

Joon on
    bartsig.png
  • Options
    CripTonicCripTonic Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Joon wrote: »
    Every day I check the beta achievement forums. Every day there's someone on there reporting a "bug" that their drop from Hakkar, General Drakkisath, Aku'mai, etc. isn't giving them credit. These are the people who are on the forum with the big stickied post that tells them why they're idiots at the top. I'm already looking forward to being annoyed by all the bitching I'll see in live.

What do you mean they didn't keep track of that time I killed Nefarian two years ago and didn't get any loot? GG blizz

Some drops aren't registering correctly, but these have all been identified to my knowledge (specifically AQ40 stuff). But ya, people are dumb. It's almost like they gave every window-licker a beta key to try and make people actually test the game.

Oh wait, they did. WTB Glyphs on Lich King server, paying less than 400g each.

CripTonic on
    0liDg.png
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    CripTonic wrote: »

Some drops aren't registering correctly, but these have all been identified to my knowledge (specifically AQ40 stuff). But ya, people are dumb. It's almost like they gave every window-licker a beta key to try and make people actually test the game.

Yeah, I know some things aren't registering correctly. Like you said, the AQ40 pieces. The quest drop from Mutanus the Devourer isn't counting nor are the quests that involve killing Balnazzar and Rivendare. For some reason, they don't seem to want to give you partial achievement credit from quests so those Strat ones might not be a bug. I think you should be able to get Dire Maul completed too if they would give credit from separate quests.

Joon on
    bartsig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2008

Go talk to the glyph vendor next to the inscription trainers in dalaran? They don't always appear, since I think they have to be manually spawned, but you should check.

End on
  • Options
    ArrathArrath Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

Wait..I don't think I actually got any loot from Nef. Fuck.

Arrath on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Arrath wrote: »

Nor I. I'll have to do Hakkar, Nefarian, and Ossirian again. Ah well.

Joon on
    bartsig.png
  • Options
    CharusCharus Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Glee: Got in on SO's Big Title Raid, walked away with T5 legs, the chest from Karathress, gloves from al'ar, enough badges to buy my Idol of Terror, and my Medallion of Karabor and Hand of A'dal title. I could have also had a shot at the T4 chest from Mag, but another druid wanted it and I had already won a big pile of stuff already.

Charus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    CripTonicCripTonic Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    End wrote: »

Go talk to the glyph vendor next to the inscription trainers in dalaran? They don't always appear, since I think they have to be manually spawned, but you should check.

They're usually gone within 10-15 mins of the server coming online.

CripTonic on
    0liDg.png
  • Options
    GarthorGarthor Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Happy: My guild killed Kael'thas!
    5.jpg

Half of the raid was from different guilds, as well. And I guess we had one vastly overgeared person (that Sunwell-geared hunter over on the right). But, still, seven attempts over three hours and we got him, and a fair chunk of people their titles.

Garthor on
  • Options
    rizriz Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

Haha, I HATE that. It's BETA, idiots. You don't get to keep that gold!

Yeah due to a revolving door policy on resto druids my feral who raided MC never got Stormrage pants or any other drop from Rag as far as I remember. So I'll have like every old-world raid achievement on him except Rag.

Happy: Hand of A'dal on my shaman.

Hope: I actually end up making the shaman my main.

riz on
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

Nor I. I'll have to do Hakkar, Nefarian, and Ossirian again. Ah well.

I'm kinda peeved that they're not doing loot link for Hakkar. It may have been only a 20 man raid, but it was still a raid. And I'm still holding onto the Spiderman pants from him because god damn was that armor set awesome to look at.

But oh well, I'm not gonna throw a hissyfit over it. We'll just get a small group together and whup him for achievement points like most other raid bosses.

The Wolfman on
    "The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    gigawatt666gigawatt666 Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    What if I had Nef's/Ony's/Ossirian's head, Hakkar's heart and vendor'd?

gigawatt666 on
    BattleNet i.d. : gigawatt666#11111
    Ps4 : Gigawatt666
    Steam I.D. : Gigawatt666
    LoL : GiG4W4TT
  • Options
    MgcwMgcw Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    What if I had Nef's/Ony's/Ossirian's head, Hakkar's heart and vendor'd?

If you did the quests that come from any of them you will get credit.

Mgcw on
  • Options
    gigawatt666gigawatt666 Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    awesome :D

gigawatt666 on
    BattleNet i.d. : gigawatt666#11111
    Ps4 : Gigawatt666
    Steam I.D. : Gigawatt666
    LoL : GiG4W4TT
  • Options
    CharusCharus Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    riz wrote: »

You're worse than Thurston.

Silly: Getting the Kara key on my Druid a day after getting his Hand of A'dal title. Next stop: Arcatraz and Shattered Halls keys.

Charus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    My keyring's run out of space, but that's only because I've kept around quest keys I could theoretically throw out.

Opty on
  • Options
    Little JimLittle Jim __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2008
    doesn't your keyring expand so you never run out of room

i think i have 24 or so slots in there right now

Little Jim on
    th_crabz.png
  • Options
    PoketpixiePoketpixie Siege Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Woot! Crimson and Dark whelplings achieved. Now I just need the Emerald one to complete the set(ugh...soo not looking forward to grinding that out). They need to increase the number of mobs that drop the emerald whelpling. :|

Poketpixie on
  • Options
    MayGodHaveMercyMayGodHaveMercy Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Little Jim wrote: »
    doesn't your keyring expand so you never run out of room

i think i have 24 or so slots in there right now

Caps at 32.

MayGodHaveMercy on
    XBL: Mercy XXVI - Steam: Mercy_XXVI - PSN: Mercy XXVI
  • Options
    rizriz Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Charus wrote: »
    riz wrote: »

You're worse than Thurston.

Silly: Getting the Kara key on my Druid a day after getting his Hand of A'dal title. Next stop: Arcatraz and Shattered Halls keys.

HEY. What's that supposed to mean?

I haven't gotten a single Kara key fragment for the shaman, heh. Druid and paladin are keyed though so I'm not a total failure.

riz on
  • Options
    PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I seriously can't find a lvl70 or boss level target dummy in the beta. I also can't get to Dalaran, the crystal beneath it wont let me use it.

I must be retarded or something.

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    You can't use the crystal until you get the quest at level 74.

I hope they remove that restriction sometime after release, or else I'm gonna need a bigger ignore list.

End on
This discussion has been closed.