As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

WoW: The New BLT: Bacon of LighT [Chat and General Discussion]

1646566676870»

• FugaFuga Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    12:00 PM - Blizzard's "secret project" confirmed to be a new MMO with a brand new universe, but we won't hear anything about it before a while.

WoW death incoming!
    hurf durf

Fuga on
  • Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Wren wrote: »
    End wrote: »
    okay so whats up with that little floating island in nagrand that has the skeleton against a tree with an axe through its head, and the island is littered with apples

Hit an apple on a guys head with your axe?

doesn't look like archery practice to me

amg giant pichure

Looks like Newton fails in Outland.

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    815165 wrote: »
    I kinda hope Anub'arak is the secret, even though he's already in the game. Kind of sucks to kill someone like that in the equivalent of Slave Pens.

I'd be surprised if he doesn't show up in the Icecrown raid as a boss you fight before Arthas.

Undead Scottsman on
  • WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    oh gof http://www.blizzard.com/diablo3/media/movies/wizard.xml

she has like, clones and lasers of death from above and shit. so awesome

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • SithDrummerSithDrummer Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    End wrote: »
    okay so whats up with that little floating island in nagrand that has the skeleton against a tree with an axe through its head, and the island is littered with apples

Hit an apple on a guys head with your axe?
    that wuss william tell ain't got nothing on me

SithDrummer on
  • MayGodHaveMercyMayGodHaveMercy Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    It's not a William Tell thing. It's a Newton thing. Since, you know, gravity? Floating islands?

MayGodHaveMercy on
    XBL: Mercy XXVI - Steam: Mercy_XXVI - PSN: Mercy XXVI
  • EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    But axes don't grow on trees!

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • DharmaBumDharmaBum Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    So I know that everyone is saying that gold will be the single best resource that you can collect now for the release of WoTLK. So does this mean that I should hold off on buying an Epic Flyer if I get the 5k before then?

DharmaBum on
  • RamiRami Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Well the thing is, you can't fly in northrend until 77 so why bother getting one now.

Also apparently there's nothing you can't do in wotlk if you don't have a flying mount.

Rami on
    Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Halfmex on
  • WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I'll care when its actually in my hands

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Halfmex wrote: »

Which means pretty much dick, because it'll be patched day 1.

EvilBadman on
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    More interesting is Kotaku reporting that StarCraft2's single player is split across three products.

EvilBadman on
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • Little JimLittle Jim __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2008
    :o !

Little Jim on
    th_crabz.png
  • HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    EvilBadman wrote: »
    Which means pretty much dick, because it'll be patched day 1.
    And again shortly thereafter, but at least that's pretty solid confirmation that there won't be any delays.

Halfmex on
  • MgcwMgcw Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    More interesting is Kotaku reporting that StarCraft2's single player is split across three products.

Yup, Starcraft 2 Trilogy with the Terran, Zerg and Protoss campaigns spanning three games. It's taking them so long to do the campaigns the way they they want that they're splitting it up.

Mgcw on
    edited October 2008
    those bastards know i will pay anything don't they

furiously shaking my fist at the internet

Little Jim on
    th_crabz.png
  • reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Mgcw wrote: »

Yup, Starcraft 2 Trilogy with the Terran, Zerg and Protoss campaigns spanning three games. It's taking them so long to do the campaigns the way they they want that they're splitting it up.

Well that's a pretty ridiculous idea.

reVerse on
  • SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    So we pay what, $30-60 per box for three boxes, and all have the same multiplayer?

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
    edited October 2008
    Septus wrote: »
    So we pay what, $30-60 per box for three boxes, and all have the same multiplayer?

All have the same multiplayer afaik, obviously no race restrictions because they are being released sequentially but I have no idea about the price, they didn't bring it up.

Mgcw on
    edited October 2008
    you pay 50 dollars for each race according to g+t

and you can only play the the races you have bought in multiplayer

fuuuuuck!

edit: this is from a very quick glance at the g+t thread so don't hate me too much if i'm wrong

Little Jim on
    th_crabz.png
    edited October 2008
    reVerse wrote: »

Depends how long they are though doesn't it? If each one of them is as long as the campaign in The Frozen Throne, for example, then I wouldn't really have a problem with each being sold as an expansion.

Rami on
    sig.gif
    edited October 2008
    Rami wrote: »
    reVerse wrote: »

Depends how long they are though doesn't it? If each one of them is as long as the campaign in The Frozen Throne, for example, then I wouldn't really have a problem with each being sold as an expansion.

They said something like 30(?) missions per campaign compared to the 12 that each race got in Warcraft 3.
    Little Jim wrote: »
    you pay 50 dollars for each race according to g+t

and you can only play the the races you have bought in multiplayer

fuuuuuck!

edit: this is from a very quick glance at the g+t thread so don't hate me too much if i'm wrong

You're wrong, that guy's a prick which is why I called him out in said thread, then someone tells me to "calm down" because he's "joking. Not exactly clear to the casual peruser. The multiplayer is fully functional with all races at the start with the first game.

Mgcw on
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited October 2008
    So the moneygrubbing bleeds into the other franchises.

Goddamn you, Blizzard. Goddamn you all.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    wat

Please don't tell me they're going to make CEs of each one...

forty on
  • -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Blizzard's "secret project" confirmed to be a new MMO with a brand new universe, but we won't hear anything about it before a while.

I wonder how liberally they're using the term "brand new" for universe. because the aftermath of any of their new games like SC2 or D3 could be considered new depending on how they do it.
    Indeed. "New universe" doesn't necessarily imply "new intellectual property". It very well may, but I wouldn't be too surprised if it was "WoW, but in a whole new setting!"
    They're going to back and use their abandoned idea for Warcraft 2.

Orcs invade the modern world! Demons fighting tanks! Dragons dogfighting with f16s!

-SPI- on
  • reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Have you ever wondered why Night Elf males are such formidable warriors?

Yeah, me neither, but apparently it's because of their divine underpants.

reVerse on
    edited October 2008
    So this dual spec stuff is seriously concerning.

All this stuff about making pure dps classes obsolete, and now they say they're implementing dual specs and you can change mid fight?

Is anyone seriously going to bring a rogue to a raid when they can bring a feral druid that is joint best DPS class in the game, who can then hit a button and become joint best healer in the game?

I mean, what am I going to do, change from joint best DPS as assassination to joint best DPS as combat? World of Hybridcraft right.

Rami on
    sig.gif
This discussion has been closed.