As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

What do Alice Cooper and the Canadian Elections have in common?

• PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    that's fine

to be perfectly honest, i am fine with the fact that this election didn't result in much more than a shuffling of the deck chairs

i am fine with another few years of minority conservative government

maybe it will make the god damn left get its fucking act together

Pony on
  • Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I have solved this political dilemma in a very direct way: I don't vote. On Election Day, I stay home. I firmly believe that if you vote, you have no right to complain. Now, some people like to twist that around. They say, 'If you don't vote, you have no right to complain,' but where's the logic in that? If you vote, and you elect dishonest, incompetent politicians, and they get into office and screw everything up, you are responsible for what they have done. You voted them in. You caused the problem. You have no right to complain. I, on the other hand, who did not vote -- who did not even leave the house on Election Day -- am in no way responsible for that these politicians have done and have every right to complain about the mess that you created.

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • SoundwaveSoundwave Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I voted, then I went and saw Alice Cooper.

Soundwave on
  • Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Vorus wrote: »
    Comahawk wrote: »
    I hate two conservatives fighting it out in my riding. Edmonton-Sherwood Park. I voted for neither.

Should live where I do...

Rona is hot!

Rona is an incompetent bitch. Then again, Spruce Grove, so I'm not surprised you voted for a pair of tits wrapped in Tory blue.

Spruce Grove AND West Edmonton

I am so embarrassed for my riding

although NDP was a distant second!

How this bitch actually got a degree, let alone a seat in Parliament, is beyond me.
    Ambrose calls herself a libertarian and is a fan of Ayn Rand novels such as Atlas Shrugged and The Fountainhead [1]. She was a member of the Trilateral Commission, as reported in Vancouver's Georgia Straight, August 24, 2006.

A fan of Ayn Rand.

Fan is a little different than Follower. Maybe she's not bug-nut crazy, thinking that Ayn Rand is right?

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • VorusVorus Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    vsove wrote: »
    Pony wrote: »
    pony you didn't vote stop complaining

listen i am going to hold you down, put a pair of forceps in the orifice of my arbitrary choosing and i am going to shit inside you, okay?

jesus fucking christ

i am going to unhinge my jaw and eat the head of a small child, i am so angry

"voter jingoism" is so fucking retarded it makes me actually want to murder people

On the flip side, a participation rate of under 60% is pretty terrible.

I'm not saying that a lot of that 40-45% didn't have good reasons not to vote, but it's still a little on the pathetic side.

Politicians blaming citizens for low voter turn-out are really looking at the problem entirely the wrong way

Vorus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2008

listen i am going to hold you down, put a pair of forceps in the orifice of my arbitrary choosing and i am going to shit inside you, okay?

jesus fucking christ

"voter jingoism" is so fucking retarded it makes me actually want to murder people

I'm not saying that a lot of that 40-45% didn't have good reasons not to vote, but it's still a little on the pathetic side.

i think it's perfectly acceptable

it's a retarded election done for stupid reasons and our politicians are mostly a bunch of self-centered dinks and ultimately it has resulted in no fucking difference at all

i mean yeah some parties lost these ridings and won others that's all well and good

the actual change this represents is incredibly small and irrelevant

if people were rabidly impassioned about this election and we had 80% turn-out and it still ended up like this i think it would speak far worse of us as a people

Pony on
  • GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    So the NDP candidate lost in my riding. Woo, there goes my vote :( Blake Richards, the conservative candidate beat out the runner-up, Lisa Fox (Green party) by something stupid like 12,000 votes.

Oh well.

GreasyKidsStuff on
  • I Am Not A BearI Am Not A Bear Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I voted and then jerked off to a picture of Rona.

I Am Not A Bear on
  • ComahawkComahawk Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I hate two conservatives fighting it out in my riding. Edmonton-Sherwood Park. I voted for neither.

Should live where I do...

Rona is hot!

Rona is an incompetent bitch. Then again, Spruce Grove, so I'm not surprised you voted for a pair of tits wrapped in Tory blue.

Spruce Grove AND West Edmonton

I am so embarrassed for my riding

although NDP was a distant second!

hahahahaha

"Distant"

Comahawk on
    edited October 2008
    Soundwave wrote: »

from a technical standpoint you were in the same room as me for hours

and you didn't even know

but i did

Pony on
  • vsovevsove ....also yes. Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

jesus fucking christ

Politicians blaming citizens for low voter turn-out are really looking at the problem entirely the wrong way

Oh, I'm not saying that the low turnout isn't mostly the fault of an essentially pointless election.

However, there's also a certain degree of laziness there. It is literally a ten minute inconvenience for most people.

vsove on
    WATCH THIS SPACE.
    edited October 2008

from a technical standpoint you were in the same room as me for hours

and you didn't even know

but i did

You're thinking of the wrong S****wave.
    Shockwave wrote: »
    I have my ticket, see anyone here, there.

He couldn't go so he gave me his ticket.
    I was directly behind the group that went up on stage with the "Alice For President" "A Troubled Man For Troubled Times" signs.

Soundwave on
  • Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

Rock on.

Yeah, the floor show was a bit of a let-down. But then, the venue is also normally used for classical orchestra.

To borrow Pony's words, from the drive home, it's not like they're going to reupholster the front ten rows, just because Alice Cooper came to town.

Still enjoyable, and the lead-in band, Econoline Crush, was nice to see after all these years.

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
    edited October 2008

jesus fucking christ

Oh, I'm not saying that the low turnout isn't mostly the fault of an essentially pointless election.

However, there's also a certain degree of laziness there. It is literally a ten minute inconvenience for most people.

can you come up with a legitimate and logical reason why people should've inconvenienced themselves in such a fashion?

Pony on
  • I Am Not A BearI Am Not A Bear Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Whoa.

Econoline Crush are still around? I saw them at EdgeFest years ago.

Anyone here remember EdgeFest?

I Am Not A Bear on
    edited October 2008
    Ha, before we got there the friend of a friend I was with told me how the last 2 times he saw Alice he had Helix and Cheap Trick as opening acts. When we saw Econoline Crush tshirts for sale he turned to me and said "I'm sorry."

Soundwave on
  • NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    i have basically zero tolerance for misty-eyed romanticism of democracy

when people say things like

"i hate people who don't vote"

or

"i don't care who you vote for as long as you do"

or

"if you don't vote, you don't get to complain about the government"

i want to start punching them in the face and not stop

did you vote for the Queen in the last election?

NotASenator on
    edited October 2008

jesus fucking christ

can you come up with a legitimate and logical reason why people should've inconvenienced themselves in such a fashion?

Because 45% of the country voting may have made a significant difference in the election? Call me crazy, but a large percentage of the voting public actually, you know, voting could have potentially altered the results in a number of areas, particularly those where it was close.

I know, it's a pretty radical idea, but I'm just throwing it out there.

vsove on
    WATCH THIS SPACE.
    edited October 2008
    Whoa.

yes

i was talking about edgefest on the ride home with caulk

specifically seeing econoline crush at edgefest

did you know we went to the same concerts?

you could have been

standing next to me

Pony on
    edited October 2008
    NotACrook wrote: »

or

or

i hate you

Pony on
  • NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

or

or

i hate you

Business as Usual.

NotASenator on
    edited October 2008
    For a quick example, in my riding:

Rahim Jaffer 43.13
    Linda Duncan 41.15

But you're right, why should people take a few minutes out of their night and participate in the democratic process? Obviously it can't make a difference.

vsove on
    WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • ComahawkComahawk Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

or

or

If zombie Freddy Mercury ran next time, my vote would be for him in an instant.

Comahawk on
    edited October 2008
    hahah Duceppe is hilarious

"We live in a democracy so we are all winners"

Vorus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2008
    Whoa.

Yeah. Apparently, they have a new album out, "Ignite".

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
    edited October 2008
    My riding had a Communist running, I laughed, then didn't vote for him.

Soundwave on
    edited October 2008

jesus fucking christ

Because 45% of the country voting may have made a significant difference in the election? Call me crazy, but a large percentage of the voting public actually, you know, voting could have potentially altered the results in a number of areas, particularly those where it was close.

I know, it's a pretty radical idea, but I'm just throwing it out there.

if'a could'a should'a would'a

the truth is, people didn't want this election, politicians did

and people, rightfully, largely did not give a shit

"hey folks, here's your chance to give a shit about the thing you didn't want in the first place! if you hurry up and give a shit now, there might be a chance it matters!"

seems like a pretty tough sell to me

i couldn't vote today due to legit and complex circumstances

but i also don't fault the people who looked at the whole mess and said "fuck this i am getting a pizza and watching tv"

Pony on
    edited October 2008

If Duceppe were a national leader of a non-regional party, I would probably vote for him.

He's quite intelligent and well-spoken, and he's got charisma.

A combination of virtues that's sadly lacking in any other major party leader it seems.

vsove on
    WATCH THIS SPACE.
    edited October 2008

Rahim Jaffer 43.13
    Linda Duncan 41.15

But you're right, why should people take a few minutes out of their night and participate in the democratic process? Obviously it can't make a difference.

oh jesus christ shut up

how old are you

19?

fuck sakes is this your first election or something?

Pony on
    edited October 2008

If Duceppe were a national leader of a non-regional party, I would probably vote for him.

A combination of virtues that's sadly lacking in any other major party leader it seems.

He is my favourite canadian politician by far

if it weren't for him, the Bloc would have fallen apart years ago

And he manipulated the Culture thing beautifully

Vorus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Pony.

Take a breath.

ChicoBlue on
    edited October 2008

or

or

If zombie Freddy Mercury ran next time, my vote would be for him in an instant.
    "I did it for the Undead Buttsex"

Zombie Freddy Mercury
    The AIDS isn't as big a problem, now.

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
    edited October 2008

i think jack layton is charismatic

not charismatic enough for me to vote for his party ever, i disagree with the ndp too fiercely on basically damn near everything

but i think as a person he's okay and makes a good spokesman for his party

Pony on
    edited October 2008
    ChicoBlue wrote: »
    Pony.

Take a breath.

i am cranky and need a hug and maybe a handjob

Pony on
    edited October 2008

Wait, which part of town do you reside in? I ask, because, so did I.

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
    edited October 2008
    I wish I had a "What If" machine so I could see what would have happened if Ignatieff had won the leadership

Vorus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2008
    Caulk Bite wrote: »

Wait, which part of town do you reside in? I ask, because, so did I.

I live in Forest Heights, so I'm in Kitchener Centre.

Soundwave on
    edited October 2008

Rahim Jaffer 43.13
    Linda Duncan 41.15

oh jesus christ shut up

how old are you

19?

fuck sakes is this your first election or something?

No, I'm 23, and it's my third election.

I think people should get out and vote. You don't, fine. We live in a democracy and can have a difference of opinion! And maybe I was a little smarmy, for which I apologize.

However, no need to start tearing strips off me and becoming a belligerent asshole about it.

vsove on
    WATCH THIS SPACE.
    edited October 2008
    despite the fact that soundwave and shockwave live very near me they have always declined my invitations to hang out and stuff

Pony on
    edited October 2008
    despite the fact that soundwave and shockwave live very near me they have always declined my invitations to hang out and stuff

You've only ever asked him :P

Soundwave on