As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Game On] Nexus War - The Knights rise again!

1235»

• Options
    ruzkinruzkin Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Acta are so goddamn boring.

http://nexuswar.com/characters/view.do?characterID=8553

Mind if I join the Knights?

ruzkin on
    g4OlSIF.jpg
  • Options
    PrecursorPrecursor Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    rayofash wrote:
    This game isn't working in any of my browsers. The bar on the right side (where you log in and stuff) disappears after the page finishes loading.
    Have you tried clicking on the bar itself, where it says Login. Clicking on the bar collapses and opens the menu for me.

Precursor on
    Quashdom.png
  • Options
    ReyoukaReyouka Registered User new member
    edited January 2007
    Heho!Im not a new person to NW but i am new to the angelic classes, having never created one myself.Well thats about to change.I just created a new character with the sole purpose of becoming an angel, and i would like to join your faction because of it.Hope to see you guys soon :)

http://www.nexuswar.com/characters/view.do?characterID=82711

Reyouka on
    05.gif
  • Options
    robosagogorobosagogo Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I just don't like playing Angels even though I easily could have since my current 3 tier 3s were leveled almost exclusively through healing (it's efficient, if frustrating). I guess it's because I like accuracy for my combat types and a dependable source of MP for my magic types.

Also, it helps that I can hit anybody when I get around to hitting people.

robosagogo on
  • Options
    Kate of LokysKate of Lokys Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Invited ruzkin and Reyouka.

Also, I've gone ahead and set up a forum for KoA:

http://www.lokys.net/koa

We'll keep this thread active as a PA member magnet, but the new forum has a members-only section where we can actually talk about, you know, our upcoming raid on The Faithful.

Shit. Did I say that out loud?

No, we are not raiding The Faithful.
    Not yet...
    Not ever.

Kate of Lokys on
  • Options
    ruzkinruzkin Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Thanks, will join up this arvo =)

ruzkin on
    g4OlSIF.jpg
  • Options
    hoodie13hoodie13 punch bro Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Invited ruzkin and Reyouka.

Also, I've gone ahead and set up a forum for KoA:

http://www.lokys.net/koa

We'll keep this thread active as a PA member magnet, but the new forum has a members-only section where we can actually talk about, you know, our upcoming raid on The Faithful.

Shit. Did I say that out loud?

No, we are not raiding The Faithful.
    Not yet...
    Not ever.
    what she isn't telling you

is that we already have

just a couple more days, and The Faithful will find their stronghold torn to pieces!

hoodie13 on
    PSN: HoodieThirteen
    XBL: Torn Hoodie
    @hoodiethirteen
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    I don't know what Servitor paths to take for my new Elementalist. It seems like the Stone Champion and the Hurricane are at two extremes with the Champion possessing Damage and HP against the Hurricane's Attack and Defense. The Holocaust and Hydrodragon, meanwhile, are just weaker versions of the Stone Champion and Hurricane (respectively).

The SC is more suited for breaking soaks and characters with Auras while the Hurricane is better at breaking Defense, and the same is true for the weaker Fire and Water versions. So then, the question becomes which kind of pet is more valuable and whether or not it's best to have two pets that serve the same purpose or 1 pet of each type to cover two situations but neither very, very well.

If I was going for 1 of each type, I guess it'd be Stone Champion and Hydrodragon since the Holocaust is very, very poor. due to low HP. For two of the same type, I think I'd have to go with the Hurricane and Hydrodragon since it seems that high Defense would be a more common obstacle than Auras and, against a soak, Defense may still be a factor and I may be able to beat a soak with two pets anyway.

Opinions?

robosagogo on
  • Options
    codechinocodechino Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    so how in the hell do you get started? ive tried a few times now to make a new character with a combat focus, but it seems i spend almost all of my action points just finding a person, and when i do and try to hit em, theres a good chance theyre not evil, so yea, cant do that.

any suggestions?

codechino on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    codechino wrote:
    so how in the hell do you get started? ive tried a few times now to make a new character with a combat focus, but it seems i spend almost all of my action points just finding a person, and when i do and try to hit em, theres a good chance theyre not evil, so yea, cant do that.

any suggestions?
    Resource buildings like Gun Stores and Hospitals are more likely to have characters out in the open. Most people, however, will hide before they AP out. You'll have to search a building to find them.

Generally, other level 1 characters will be neutral rather than evil. I wouldn't worry about morality at level 1 myself, but if you must keep in mind that you can usually tell a person's morality by looking at their skills (only combat usually means they're evil, as does belonging to an evil faction).

robosagogo on
  • Options
    AroducAroduc regular
    edited January 2007
    robosagogo wrote:
    codechino wrote:

any suggestions?
    Resource buildings like Gun Stores and Hospitals are more likely to have characters out in the open. Most people, however, will hide before they AP out. You'll have to search a building to find them.

Generally, other level 1 characters will be neutral rather than evil. I wouldn't worry about morality at level 1 myself, but if you must keep in mind that you can usually tell a person's morality by looking at their skills (only combat usually means they're evil, as does belonging to an evil faction).

The easiest way to get a good gauge on morality early on is to join one of the really polar factions. If you're in AoSG or Acta or someone, and a name shows up in black, verrrrrry likely evil.

Or just kill everything and don't worry about your MO until level 8 or 9 when you have a few extra CP to afford Sense Morality and can blow some AP finding FAKs to fix your likely -40 MO. :P

Aroduc on
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    robosagogo wrote:
    I don't know what Servitor paths to take for my new Elementalist. It seems like the Stone Champion and the Hurricane are at two extremes with the Champion possessing Damage and HP against the Hurricane's Attack and Defense. The Holocaust and Hydrodragon, meanwhile, are just weaker versions of the Stone Champion and Hurricane (respectively).

The SC is more suited for breaking soaks and characters with Auras while the Hurricane is better at breaking Defense, and the same is true for the weaker Fire and Water versions. So then, the question becomes which kind of pet is more valuable and whether or not it's best to have two pets that serve the same purpose or 1 pet of each type to cover two situations but neither very, very well.

If I was going for 1 of each type, I guess it'd be Stone Champion and Hydrodragon since the Holocaust is very, very poor. due to low HP. For two of the same type, I think I'd have to go with the Hurricane and Hydrodragon since it seems that high Defense would be a more common obstacle than Auras and, against a soak, Defense may still be a factor and I may be able to beat a soak with two pets anyway.

Opinions?

How many people attack pets, anyway? If people just make a beeline for you, the Holocaust may still be viable. Or are you talking about auras here?

jothki on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Yeah, Auras.

robosagogo on
  • Options
    nindustrialnindustrial Word Typer Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    robosagogo wrote:
    3 Trees is way too much. There are, eventually, going to be new skills for the DC and they'll probably be released before you even hit Tier 3. You ought to save some CP for their inevitable release.

Ok, well I'm sticking with ranged because, one, I already started with it, two I want to throw cars. Keeping that in mind, should I make HtH my other combat tree and just avoid melee altogether...?

If that sounds like a decent idea I'll re-build and post up for a critique.

nindustrial on
    chstreamsig.jpg
  • Options
    AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I shadowed you over here. We'll see how things go.

Accualt on
  • Options
    AroducAroduc regular
    edited January 2007
    This new forum is scary.

Aroduc on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Thanks for the throw over here, Accualt.

OK everyone, here's the deal.

Things are heating up for Operation Random Acronym. It's gonna be in the next week.

We need you to visit the forum Kate posted previously or send Reagle an F-Mail, and in both cases tell us the raid times you can make. This is VITAL.

hoodie13 on
    @hoodiethirteen
  • Options
    NotYetMeasuredNotYetMeasured Registered User new member
    edited January 2007
    Apologies for hijacking this thread, but I didn't see any direct contacts in-game or on the forum:

Heretical Monks is under attack by two Void Walkers from Random Shocking Violence at our Stronghold in Purgatorio at 46, 27. Any help would be appreciated!

NotYetMeasured on
  • Options
    AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Apologies for hijacking this thread, but I didn't see any direct contacts in-game or on the forum:

Heretical Monks is under attack by two Void Walkers from Random Shocking Violence at our Stronghold in Purgatorio at 46, 27. Any help would be appreciated!

I don't know anything about this game but that sounds hot. I'm going to have to read this thread when I get me some free time.

Accualt on
  • Options
    NotYetMeasuredNotYetMeasured Registered User new member
    edited January 2007
    Accualt wrote:

I don't know anything about this game but that sounds hot. I'm going to have to read this thread when I get me some free time.

LOL.

Well, it's too late now, anyway...

NotYetMeasured on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Accualt wrote:

For you... anything.

No seriously, our guys don't have much else to do other than help you out with playing the game. We've also got a simply incredible plan to kick some massive ass in a few days. Check it out. We'll help you get started.

hoodie13 on
    @hoodiethirteen
  • Options
    AllonAllon Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Actually, we're not quite sure what direction the asskicking will be going in, but it's sure to be both incredible and awesome.

And possibly quite painful. >_>

Allon on
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    oh, I was wondering where this thread went to. hello new forum!

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    So far so good. We are beating our mortal enemy, Everquest 2, by a couple of posts. :)

Allon on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Just to let everyone know, try not to spend AP from now until go time, which is about 23 hours from now. Also, make sure to read Kate's F-Mails regarding potions, healing, and getting ready.

hoodie13 on
    @hoodiethirteen
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    So yeah, we rock.

jothki on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Hell yeah we do.

170 people dead in about 5 minutes. I walked in and there were still 141 people alive. 5 refreshes later, its down to nearly nothing.

hoodie13 on
    @hoodiethirteen
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Damn, that was fast. :3

Next time we're taking all of downtown.

Allon on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Well, we seem to be alive still...

What is up with that, OS? :|

Allon on
  • Options
    Kane Red RobeKane Red Robe Master of Magic ArcanusRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Very disappointing in my opinion. I spent the last few days away from the stronghold and everything. I bet as soon as I come back we'll get raided.

Kane Red Robe on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Still no raid. I knew we should have hit them again on Sunday.

jothki on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Maybe Acta will be more fun? :3

Allon on