As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Moment of the Week October 16 2008

Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
edited October 2008 in Graphic Violence
Holy fucking shit Pixie is a badass

I mean look at that shit she just stabbed the dude in the head

Mai-Kero on

• DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Legion of 3 Worlds #2:
    SODAM YAT!

Darklyre on
  • Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Darklyre wrote: »
    Legion of 3 Worlds #2:
    SODAM YAT!

look up 'motherfucking hardcore' in the dictionary and you'll find the definition of the phrase

which is what he is

Mai-Kero on
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Legions looks cool, but I've never read Legion and have no idea who any of these characters are.

Robos A Go Go on
    edited October 2008
    non moment of the week:

Why did Mighty Avengers seem like it was all of three pages long?

Mai-Kero on
  • FaynorFaynor Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    It was short and didn't reveal anything new, but as Bale said earlier I think it gave more depth to the scene in Secret Invasion. But it could/should have been way better.

Also, I never thought a Pixie could be so mother fuckin' rad.

Faynor on
    do you wanna see me eat a hotdog
  • wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Definitely agree with Pixie kicking ass in Uncanny as a MotW. The ending to JSA was pretty sweet as well. Oh and finally getting Scalped Volume 3.

wirehead26 on
    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • FaynorFaynor Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Oh, and I forgot to mention, for having the coolest team of Super Heroes ever, Russia sucks.
    Abandoning War Machine :(

Faynor on
    do you wanna see me eat a hotdog
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Mai-Kero wrote: »
    non moment of the week:

Did you read Brian Reed's Captain Marvel miniseries?

I really enjoyed this issue but I had prior attachment to the Skrull Marvel

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2008
    Balefuego wrote: »
    Mai-Kero wrote: »
    non moment of the week:

Did you read Brian Reed's Captain Marvel miniseries?

I really enjoyed this issue but I had prior attachment to the Skrull Marvel

Yes and I loved it. Skrull marvel was awesome, but that issue just sucked. Nothing happened and the art was bad. Noh-varr needs to kick someone's ass real soon.

Mai-Kero on
  • Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2008
    OK so Ghost Rider gets this month's Blue Balls award, for being the biggest cocktease with the cliffhanger ending. Fortunately, Dan's mini starts this month so I don't have to wait a month to get my dose of Dan.
    That makes me sound like I'm in love with a man. Anyway.
    Pixie, but we've covered that.
    Moon Knight
    Khonshu telling Marc he's found someone new. Cut to Frenchie's restaurant and Rob getting hurt and Frenchie going on a fucking tear
    And Ultimate Origins
    Motherfucking Rock Jones gonna save the world

Me Too! on
  • AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    picked up the black summer trade.

that was excellent. ryps pudgy round chin faces need work though.

Angry on
  • OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Darklyre wrote: »
    Legion of 3 Worlds #2:
    SODAM YAT!

The last row of panels of this page from the issue is more MotW for me.
    FinalCrisis-LegionofThreeWorlds2-28.jpg

Owenashi on
  • SalmonOfDoubtSalmonOfDoubt Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Cyclops losing his temper and shouting at Beast's xenophiliac experimentation partner in AXM was hilarious.

The first two issues were a little unsteady, but I think Ellis has found his stride now. This issue was great.

SalmonOfDoubt on
    heavensidesig80.jpg
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    killing children would be hilarious
    Olivaw wrote: »
    HELLO AND WELCOME TO THE PENNY ARCADE FORUMS

PLEASE ENJOY YOUR STAY

AND THIS PENIS
    Man, I don't want to read about this lady's broken vagina.
    NotACrook wrote: »
    I am sitting here trying to come up with a tiered system for rating child molesters.
    cock vore is fuckin hilarious
  • wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    Definitely agree with Pixie kicking ass in Uncanny as a MotW. The ending to JSA was pretty sweet as well. Oh and finally getting Scalped Volume 3.

I had to choose between Scalped vol. 3 and Fables vol. 7. I chose Fables because my wife likes Fables more than Scalped.

Favorite Moments:
    Lily kissing Pete and saying that she may have picked the wrong guy. Makes you wonder what all we missed between OMD and BND.
    Colbert knocking out the Grizzly with a stone eagle.
    Storm showing Wakandan soldiers who's boss
    Cosmo laying everyone out in GotG with his psychic blast
    Ultimate Nick Fury ordering everyone killed and everything burned in the secret Canadian super human lab

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    There was a panel in Ultimate Origins that had Fury drawn as 616 fury. Confused the hell out of me for a second.

also, RICK JONES!

Girly-Girl was great too.

Sharp101 on
    edited October 2008
    What the hell happened to spoiler tags you shits
    That stuff about Origins is pretty definitely a spoiler

Me Too! on
  • CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    wwtMask wrote: »
    wirehead26 wrote: »

I had to choose between Scalped vol. 3 and Fables vol. 7. I chose Fables because my wife likes Fables more than Scalped.

As much as I love Scalped, it always makes me sad because so much of the book is based on real life and real history.

Crimsondude on
  • wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    As much as I love Scalped, it always makes me sad because so much of the book is based on real life and real history.

I hear you. When I met Jason Aaron at a Con earlier this year I was shocked to learn he has no Native American ancestory(sp) that he was aware of.

wirehead26 on
    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I do.

Not from the Plains, but life's not been peachy out here either. But, yeah, the rez Prairie Rose is based upon is a fucking nightmare.

Crimsondude on
  • mattharvestmattharvest Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Me Too! wrote: »

We're in a "Moment of the Week" thread. The entire purpose is to discuss the content of comics released this week. That's what we call "informed consent" in my business.

mattharvest on
  • jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Man, do you guys really want to get into a spoiler tag dickmatch with wiggins? Y'all should know better.

My MotW was Lo3W #2 - I really hope Johns gets to relaunch LoSH once Flash:Rebirth is over.

Fables #77 was also a great read, and I like where they're going with the book, though
    Rose Red jumping into the sack with Sinbad is a bit disappointing, even if you just knew it was going to happen from the way Buckingham drew that particular panel in #75

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
    edited October 2008

We're in a "Moment of the Week" thread. The entire purpose is to discuss the content of comics released this week. That's what we call "informed consent" in my business.

And yet we still use spoiler tags in case someone has gotten to that book yet!
    That's what I call "not being an asshole" in my business

Me Too! on
    edited October 2008

So, just to be clear, you think it's "not being an asshole" to pop into a thread cursing and complaining, without any attempt at politeness? Fascinating.

For the record, I don't even see (or recall) anything being posted to this thread that actually spoils anything, without the spoiler tag.

mattharvest on
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008

So, just to be clear, you think it's "not being an asshole" to pop into a thread cursing and complaining, without any attempt at politeness? Fascinating.

For the record, I don't even see (or recall) anything being posted to this thread that actually spoils anything, without the spoiler tag.
    Well, what would wiggin really now about not being an asshole?:P

Fencingsax on
    edited October 2008
    Look if you want to keep being a dickbag go ahead
    I'll take the eight seconds and type some tags

Me Too! on
    edited October 2008
    The idea of anyone writing the line "Look, if you want to keep being a dickbag..." and thinking that they, themselves aren't just as bad as the person they're criticizing...it's just comical. The idea that you're happy to take eight seconds to tag stuff, but not to filter yourself so you sound like less of a jerk (especially when criticizing others for 'jerky' behavior) is just baffling.

mattharvest on
  • SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Regardless of dickishness, spoilers should be tagged.

SatanIsMyMotor on
  • RansRans Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    GEE GUYS

a thread discussing the week's new comics

and you come in to it thinking maybe there won't be spoilers

HUURRRRR

Rans on
  • deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Spider-Man was pretty awesome, really. Next arc will probably be less good.

deadonthestreet on
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    It's ridiculous to assume that anyone, much less everyone, will already know what happens in every book released this week simply because he or she has purchased one or more books this week.

And that's why we use spoilers.

Also, post more scans.

Robos A Go Go on
  • RansRans Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    un-moment of the week:

store being sold out of Annihilation: Conquest TPB 1 in the first hour of the store being open

moment of the week:

picking up Ex Machina vol 7 instead

Rans on
    edited October 2008
    Spider-Man was pretty awesome, really. Next arc will probably be less good.

I think the Flash story looks great

the Colbert backup was fantastic

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • smokmnkysmokmnky Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    GoG was awesome this week although the SI stuff didn't fit right with me. Cosmo was a badass though and Rocket continues to amuse me.

Frontline has actually been pretty good as well, I'm beginning to really like Reed's writing.

Uncanny was really good again as usual, Fraction/Brubaker are awesome together. I love all the character descriptions: "Socially Awkward"

smokmnky on
    edited October 2008
    I wonder if they are going to keep that up since now it seems like those were just a setup so they could do that last Pixie one.

Although there was still a Dazzler one after it I guess so hopefully they will continue it.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    It's ridiculous to assume that anyone, much less everyone, will already know what happens in every book released this week simply because he or she has purchased one or more books this week.

Also, post more scans.

Wait, so spoilers are required because not everyone is buying the books that are being discussed? If you're not buying the book being discussed, why should it matter to you anyway? I mean, I don't buy Action Comics, so why should I care if you spoil some event that happened in that book? I think it should be assumed, when you come in the MotW thread, that there will be some spoilers.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
    edited October 2008

Also, post more scans.

Wait, so spoilers are required because not everyone is buying the books that are being discussed? If you're not buying the book being discussed, why should it matter to you anyway? I mean, I don't buy Action Comics, so why should I care if you spoil some event that happened in that book? I think it should be assumed, when you come in the MotW thread, that there will be some spoilers.

Because maybe they are?
    Because if I had read everything but Origins and dropped in to post "Jesus tapdancing Christ BND was great" then hey those couple posts about it were spoilers
    "Buyer beware" has never been an excuse to not use tags
    I've gotten yelled at for it before, fuck you, use the tags
    Also, being a dick and swearing on the internet is my Thing in case you didn't notice
    That doesn't mean my point is less valid

Me Too! on
    edited October 2008
    Oh god stop mucking up this thread with that crap

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • smokmnkysmokmnky Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Because maybe they are?
    Because if I had read everything but Origins and dropped in to post "Jesus tapdancing Christ BND was great" then hey those couple posts about it were spoilers
    "Buyer beware" has never been an excuse to not use tags
    I've gotten yelled at for it before, fuck you, use the tags
    Also, being a dick and swearing on the internet is my Thing in case you didn't notice
    That doesn't mean my point is less valid

Your gimmick sucks and hasn't been good in forever

smokmnky on
  • HankScorpioHankScorpio Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

Also, post more scans.

Some people trade wait on certain books but read others week to week. So it makes sense that people would use spoilers for books that have just now came out. I for one would be extremely pissed if I came into this thread and read "Oh shit, skrulls invaded the Fables universe in an unsolicited cross company cross over." However, in coming to this thread I also realize that I run the risk of having things spoiled.

HankScorpio on
    Scorpiohank.png
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Why is it so hard to use spoiler tags?

DouglasDanger on