As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Music at end of news posts?

CarolinaBBQCarolinaBBQ Registered User regular
Sorry for a silly question,

but I remember being able to download an mp3 from the links Gabe and Tycho put at the end of their first posts waaaay back.

I'm still seeing the same teaser in their tag at the end and what appears to be a song title and performer name in the source, but the target reads "_blank" and no longer lists a mp3.

Is there some secret way to get the song or is it up to us to go find it ourselves?

Thanks for the response.....just been bugging me.

Scri33le.png
CarolinaBBQ on

• Options
    CymoroCymoro Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I didn't know that was even possible. I thought it was just random song lyrics.

What else has been hiding in secret from me?

Cymoro on
    i am perpetual, i make the country clean
  • Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Uh, they stopped doing that like 5-6 years ago for a reason.

You know, the whole not wanting to get sued by the RIAA thing.

(I think in one of the books Tycho actually comments how quaint it was that back in "the day" when he could link to someone's MP3 on the front page and no one would care.)

ASimPerson on
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited October 2008
    Hey, no need to be rude about it.

Tube on
  • Options
    CarolinaBBQCarolinaBBQ Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    <3 to cardboard tube

Like I said...."waaay back". I've been reading since their first year. Figured that's what happened, but wondered if their was some alternate way to finding them. Would be nice if the link would roll over text to list the band or would send you to the band site or something, I guess I if get that curious I'll just view source it.

Thanks again.

CarolinaBBQ on
    Scri33le.png
  • Options
    CymoroCymoro Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Hover your mouse over the link and wait for the alt text. There you will find your answers.

Cymoro on
    i am perpetual, i make the country clean
  • Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Yeah, hovering over the text will give you the band and song. It's up to you to seek it out if you're that interested, though.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    They had mentioned this during one of the Q&As at PAX this year, as well. Tycho mentioned that he wanted to be able to link songs still, but his hands are more or less tied. As previously mentioned, the alt-text will put you on the right path.

EvilBadman on
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman