As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The American Presidency: Obama does not believe in prevent defense

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    kevindee wrote: »
    th....the hydro?

edit: goddamnit, beaten

http://www.thehydro.co.za/
    It is in South Africa. :P

Couscous on
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    God can run out of blessing guys.

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/discussion/2008/10/06/DI2008100601933.html
    I wasn't at the Scranton event, but I have to say the Secret Service is in dangerous territory here. In cooperation with the Palin campaign, they've started preventing reporters from leaving the press section to interview people in the crowd. This is a serious violation of their duty -- protecting the protectee -- and gets into assisting with the political aspirations of the candidate. It also often makes it impossible for reporters to get into the crowd to question the people who say vulgar things. So they prevent reporters from getting near the people doing the shouting, then claim it's unfounded because the reporters can't get close enough to identify the person.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dib2-HBsF08

Couscous on
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Cantido wrote: »
    God can run out of blessing guys.

He only had a few thousand years to plant all those fossil fuels. Tight schedule.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    McCain airquoting "health":
    McCain_Health_large.jpg

Fuck that's creepy.

AngelHedgie on
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Vulpine wrote: »
    Well, it's a good thing that America has the hydro.
    By that metric, Quebec is holy ground.

Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    RustRust __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2008

Well y'see that America is just so blessed y'know what with the gas and the oil and the wind and the hydro and the purple mountains ma-jes-tyyyy...

Rust on
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    AngelHedgie on
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    yakulyakul Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    McCain airquoting "health":
    McCain_Health_large.jpg

Fuck that's creepy.

Someone should tell him that airquotes are traditionally done over your head.

yakul on
  • Options
    VulpineVulpine Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

Luckily, Palin knows all about Canada. They're right next door, after all.

(I feel dirty.)

Vulpine on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

That article just confirms to me that pipe fitters are indeed the dumbest of the labor unions.

Kilroy on
  • Options
    PeekingDuckPeekingDuck __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2008
    Australia is probably the most blessed in terms of energy resources over all.

PeekingDuck on
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

Yeah, I mean, they've got all that... uh... desert wasteland.

Solar power?

Taramoor on
  • Options
    reminderGTOreminderGTO Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Kilroy wrote: »

That article just confirms to me that pipe fitters are indeed the dumbest of the labor unions.

also Walmart

Actually that article does a good job of describing what I've read repeatedly on Slate and Salon. That while there are many with terrible, terrible stereotypes of African-Americans, they still look to Obama as a hard-working, smart politician.

reminderGTO on
    28qsde.gifZOGBY projects McCain win with 400+ EVs28qsde.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    It is almost if you have a huge area that makes up one of the largest countries, you will end up with a lot of natural resources.

Couscous on
  • Options
    The Raging PlatypusThe Raging Platypus Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Taramoor wrote: »

Solar power?

Jellyfish-powered electric plants.

The Raging Platypus on
    Quid wrote: »
    YOU'RE A GOD DAMN PLATYPUS.
    PSN Name: MusingPlatypus
  • Options
    Richard_DastardlyRichard_Dastardly Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I wanna make sure that I understand how Obama's tax plan will benefit the US. Given my near retarded lack of understand of economics, this is what I came up with.

Let's consider the wealthy as those who control the means of production. America enjoys a capitalist economy. So, isn't the whole idea for them to produce, us to consume, so that they can produce more thus allowing us to consume more? We spend money, they make money. So, wouldn't it be logical to give tax breaks to the consumers as opposed to the producers, since the consumers are the ones who will most definitely and most efficiently put that money back into the economy? So, even though the wealthy may pay higher taxes... they'll be reaping higher profits from the working and middle classes who suddenly have more disposable income.

Am I understanding this correctly?

Richard_Dastardly on
  • Options
    ScalfinScalfin __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2008
    tbloxham wrote: »
    This is indeed the stupidest conspiracy theory ever. This is even sillier than the plot of Eagle Eye, and thats saying a lot.

If you have widespread corruption amongst poll voters they can simply...

a) Spoil peoples votes and change their ballots
    b) Vote as people who don't show up, even if we get 70% turnout, just voting as half the remainder would swing any district

You don't need to register new voters. In fact, doing so is insanely stupid. If the Democratic party somehow has nationwide control of the poll workers they wouldn't even need to campaign. They could run on a "We will make it obligatory to punch kittens" policy and still win.

But then they'd get the dog lovers.

Scalfin on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The rest of you, I fucking hate you for the fact that I now have a blue dot on this god awful thread.
  • Options
    Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2008

Solar power?

Actually, no. Australia's entire power grid is based on animals that CAN FUCKING KILL YOU. See, you throw a bunch of random people in a big pit and attach them to spokes of a giant turbine. You then let loose every animal Australia has to offer and as they run for their lives, it generates power.

Premier kakos on
  • Options
    kevindeekevindee Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I wanna make sure that I understand how Obama's tax plan will benefit the US. Given my near retarded lack of understand of economics, this is what I came up with.

Let's consider the wealthy as those who control the means of production. America enjoys a capitalist economy. So, isn't the whole idea for them to produce, us to consume, so that they can produce more thus allowing us to consume more? We spend money, they make money. So, wouldn't it be logical to give tax breaks to the consumers as opposed to the producers, since the consumers are the ones who will most definitely and most efficiently put that money back into the economy? So, even though the wealthy may pay higher taxes... they'll be reaping higher profits from the working and middle classes who suddenly have more disposable income.

from a logical standpoint, I think I'm safe in saying that's essentially how America will benefit from tickle-up economics, and this is essentially the gist of Obama's tax plan, yes. Although I could always be proven wrong.

kevindee on
  • Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Kilroy wrote: »

The union was one of the first to endorse Obama? I posted this a couple days ago and I'm more inclined to attribute the attitudes to the location

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    edited October 2008

Solar power?

Actually, no. Australia's entire power grid is based on animals that CAN FUCKING KILL YOU. See, you throw a bunch of random people in a big pit and attach them to spokes of a giant turbine. You then let loose every animal Australia has to offer and as they run for their lives, it generates power.

Vegemite power?

Scalfin on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The rest of you, I fucking hate you for the fact that I now have a blue dot on this god awful thread.
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

Yes, you've got it essentially.

The Rich save their money. The poor spend it.

shryke on
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

Solar power?

Jellyfish-powered electric plants.

I don't know if this is possible, but I think it needs to be attempted.

Taramoor on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    kevindee wrote: »

from a logical standpoint, I think I'm safe in saying that's essentially how America will benefit from tickle-up economics, and this is essentially the gist of Obama's tax plan, yes. Although I could always be proven wrong.

Wouldn't that be the prostitution industry?

Scalfin on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    RandomEngyRandomEngy Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    http://www.mccaincomics.com/

Done by the toothpaste for dinner guy. There's some amusing ones.

RandomEngy on
    Profile -> Signature Settings -> Hide signatures always. Then you don't have to read this worthless text anymore.
  • Options
    TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Tostitos wrote: »
    the pole workers

Your voting locations sound much more interesting than mine. :winky:

On the topic of "the death of public financing", does anyone think this might change the kind of candidates we see? For example, would it make more sense for the Republicans to nominate more people like Palin, in an effort to get the base to crack open the wallets, or would a more middling position would still be better?

Of course I post this right before the crazy so no one catches it as they lock in on that. :P

Thinking about it more though, I think it'd probably have to be someone closer to the middle. As good as Palin was to the Republican fund raising, she's been extra kind to the Democrats. (to say nothing of her other effects)

TheBlackWind on
    PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    the pole workers

On the topic of "the death of public financing", does anyone think this might change the kind of candidates we see? For example, would it make more sense for the Republicans to nominate more people like Palin, in an effort to get the base to crack open the wallets, or would a more middling position would still be better?

Of course I post this right before the crazy so no one catches it as they lock in on that. :P

Thinking about it more though, I think it'd probably have to be someone closer to the middle. As good as Palin was to the Republican fund raising, she's been extra kind to the Democrats. (to say nothing of her other effects)

You're forgetting that the republicans are too stupid to connect the dots.

Scalfin on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited October 2008
    oh god some of my coworkers were talking about voter fraud and Obama the cheater and now I want to lobotomize myself

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    oh god some of my coworkers were talking about voter fraud and Obama the cheater and now I want to lobotomize myself

Don't you live in liberalfornia?

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Scalfin wrote: »
    the pole workers

Case in point, if Obama really is a terrorist than why hasn't the CIA and FBI done anything about it? Either 1. he's not and people are just fucking morons, 2. the FBI and CIA are more in the dark than several email chains, Fox pundits, racists and are hence incompetent, 3. Obama has infiltrated those organizations with secret liberal terrorist sympathizers in which case becoming President would likely be a step down in power.

*sigh* I was just in a Gamestop where one of the register trolls was ranting about how Obama is a "literal terrorist" and "anti capitalist." :|

No-Quarter on
  • Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008

Luckily, Palin knows all about Canada. They're right next door, doncha know.

(I feel dirty.)

Fixed for accuracy, and now I feel dirty.

Shadowen on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    You should have left without buying anything and said as you were leaving "Well I would have bought something but I don't want to be helping someone so stupid remain gainfully employed".

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    MedopineMedopine __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2008
    Did we already talk about the weird robocalls from the McCain campaign in here?

Anyone have any insight into that bold move?

Medopine on
  • Options
    ZerokkuZerokku Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    No-Quarter wrote: »
    the pole workers

Case in point, if Obama really is a terrorist than why hasn't the CIA and FBI done anything about it? Either 1. he's not and people are just fucking morons, 2. the FBI and CIA are more in the dark than several email chains, Fox pundits, racists and are hence incompetent, 3. Obama has infiltrated those organizations with secret liberal terrorist sympathizers in which case becoming President would likely be a step down in power.

*sigh* I was just in a Gamestop where one of the register trolls was ranting about how Obama is a "literal terrorist" and "anti capitalist." :|

There are a lot of dumbasses working at gamestops. Working at one, I would know -_-

Not that it isn't obvious already.

Zerokku on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Medopine wrote: »

Can't get actual phone banks going, resorting to cold unfeeling technology.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

Robocalls don't require supporters to volunteer their time.

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

I don't understand people who listen to a robot on the telephone.

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    the pole workers

Well, I think it applies to the 2016 Dem choice as well. I don't think people will be taking public financing again for the next 8 years, given what Obama was able to do with it. Unless it gots reformed I guess.

TheBlackWind on
    PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • Options
    CommunistCowCommunistCow Abstract Metal ThingyRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008

The guess is they don't have enough volunteers to actually make the calls so they are throwing money at the problem.

CommunistCow on
    No, I am not really communist. Yes, it is weird that I use this name.
This discussion has been closed.