As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

LED ISSUE WITH THE PAX 2008 MOUSE!

• Options
    jonxpjonxp [E] PC Security Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Only one guy got the e-mail so far, and he then got the same e-mail we all did afterwards.

I think it's a bit early to be pulling out pitchforks.

jonxp on
    Every time you write parallel fifths, Bach kills a kitten.
    3DS Friend Code: 2707-1614-5576
    PAX Prime 2014 Buttoneering!
  • Options
    Queen BrewerQueen Brewer Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I'm confident that Razer will come true with their original promise. I doubt it would come to this, but if it did we could go to their booth next year, hehe.

Queen Brewer on
    <Moe_Fwacky> once i had next door neighbors
    <Moe_Fwacky> nice girls
    <Moe_Fwacky> lesbians
    <Moe_Fwacky> robbed drugstores together
  • Options
    Razer|MjolnirRazer|Mjolnir Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Hey all, just wanted to jump in here real quick.

Sorry that some of you guys have received the canned response from our tech support. Honestly, that is a mess up on on our tech support thinking that there is some kind of proof of purchase like a regular DeathAdder. Don't worry about receipts.

We promised you guys a fully functioning mouse, LED included, and we are going to deliver. You have already bought the mouse so there is no reason you guys should incur anymore cost on account of our mistake.

We are working with Robert to make sure everyone is taken care of and that this is done right. I just wanted to say sorry for the delay...this is somewhat of a unique situation so getting it addressed has brought forth some unique challenges.

We will post up a status update in a bit but I just wanted to say that we are working on this and we have not forgotten you guys, not by a long shot.

Thanks for sticking with us on this. I will camp on this thread so if you have any questions, let me know.

More to follow....

Razer|Mjolnir on
    Razer Community Manager
  • Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I think this thread's needle has safely rocked back into the 'awesome' position. :D

Although a community manger sounds much more like a feeding trough for several animals at once. :P

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    collinccollinc Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Thank you Mr./Ms. Nameless community manager guy/girl! You have been quite helpful.

collinc on
    Free cake. Inquire within.
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Willeth wrote: »
    I think this thread's needle has safely rocked back into the 'awesome' position. :D

Although a community manger sounds much more like a feeding trough for several animals at once. :P

Although that description is pretty accurate for my job, I can't pass it off as being clever...I fail at typing.

Hey Collinc - I am Travis. I am the Razer community manager for the US. Nice to meet you.

Razer|Mjolnir on
    Razer Community Manager
  • Options
    ACC3SSACC3SS Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    *waves at Mjolnir*
    I like your products.
    ^.^

ACC3SS on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Oh, Travis is much better. Nice to meet you too. I love the mouse by the way. So what does a community manager do? Talk to people on message boards? Or is there more involved? That sounds like a great job.

collinc on
  • Options
    FatimusPrimeFatimusPrime Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Wow, haven't been to the PAX forums since, well PAX, good thing I decided to stop in. I didnt know the scroll wheel was supposed to even light up...xD Its a terrific mouse regardless. This is a perfect reason why spending a few extra bucks for a quality name product is good, the company stands behind it.

Thanks Razer, you have my support!

FatimusPrime on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    collinc wrote: »
    Oh, Travis is much better. Nice to meet you too. I love the mouse by the way. So what does a community manager do? Talk to people on message boards? Or is there more involved? That sounds like a great job.

Glad to hear. Mainly I deal with the Razer fan base throughout the interwebs via emails, our website, or one of our community pages like our facebook. Since we don't have an official centralized forum (which is where you would find a traditional community manager), I work with other sites and make myself available if there are questions about Razer. Our community is pretty large and decentralized atm (which is something we are working on) but until we have a focal point, I am somewhat nomadic. Also, I head up our pro teams, run contests, and game with whoever will have me.

Razer|Mjolnir on
    Razer Community Manager
  • Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I am glad I stopped in here too. I managed to pick up one of the mice at PAX as well and put in my information last night. I got just a normal form letter telling me what my case number is and have not gotten the email about getting a mouse in november like you guys, but I am sure it will come in time. Not terribly worried about it.

It looks like Razer is really trying hard to get this fixed.

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Artreus wrote: »
    I am glad I stopped in here too. I managed to pick up one of the mice at PAX as well and put in my information last night. I got just a normal form letter telling me what my case number is and have not gotten the email about getting a mouse in november like you guys, but I am sure it will come in time. Not terribly worried about it.

It looks like Razer is really trying hard to get this fixed.

we haven't all gotten confirmation messages.

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • Options
    dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    just got the email from razer|wave, confirming early november.

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    :UPDATE:

We got the first samples back from our factory. Check it out.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3063/2970640822_26c293529e.jpg?v=0

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3186/2970641060_deee1ce3d3.jpg?v=0

Just wanted to let you guys know we are on track to getting these to you.

NOTE: If your PAX DA does not look like the one in the picture, fill out the form below and we will make it look like that.

http://www.razersupport.com/pax-deathadder/

Razer|Mjolnir on
    Razer Community Manager
  • Options
    edited October 2008

NOTE: If your PAX DA does not look like the one in the picture, fill out the form below and we will make it look like that.

Awesome. Yeah, mine was missing the pictured monitor and keyboard parts, glad to hear you guys will be taking care of that.

jonxp on
  • Options
    edited October 2008

is light bleeding through the right side in that second picture, or is it the camera?

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Wow, that really looks great. And I'm astounded by the commitment of Razer to it's products. This mouse wasn't the first Razer product I've bought, and it certainly won't be the last.

collinc on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    dyaballikl wrote: »

is light bleeding through the right side in that second picture, or is it the camera?

That is the camera. The shot was taken next to a window and some of the outside was over exposed.

Razer|Mjolnir on
    Razer Community Manager
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Any news? We've officially hit early November.

Not that I'm complaining or anything, I've just never learned to be patient.

jonxp on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    We are still on schedule. To get things made at the factory, your order gets to stand in line with all the other production orders...and with the holidays here, the line can get kind of long. Still, it is on its way and we should have those mouse wheels lit in the very near future.

Razer|Mjolnir on
    Razer Community Manager
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Hrm, I never got an email beyond the confirmation one that they had received my email.

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    edited November 2008

New mice will start shipping out next week. Make sure your claim has been submitted through the above posted form.

Razer|Mjolnir on
    Razer Community Manager
  • Options
    Ty1012Ty1012 Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Woot! Just got a shipping confirmation email! UPS says it should be here one week from now.
    You guys are awesome

Ty1012 on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Wow, cool cool. I haven't gotten an e-mail yet, but I wait with bated breath.

EDIT: Just got my confirm. Thanks Razer, and Travis. :)

collinc on
  • Options
    BitTWistBitTWist Kitsap CountyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Sill waiting for my shipping notice. Is this happening in waves?

UPDATE: Got my shipping notice today 11/18/08. woohoooo

BitTWist on
    3DS:2552-1222-3225 / PSN:BitTwist
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    I've got my shipping confirmation! Though it hasn't shipped yet, I have a tracking number and "billing information has been sent to UPS!" Thanks Razer!

Queen Brewer on
    <Moe_Fwacky> nice girls
    <Moe_Fwacky> lesbians
  • Options
    FatimusPrimeFatimusPrime Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Got shipping conformation email today as well. Razer is awesome. Thanks!

FatimusPrime on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Got my mouse in today!

The scroll button lights as advertised. Thanks!

jonxp on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    jonxp wrote: »
    Got my mouse in today!

Sweet.

If anyone has any issues getting theirs, please let me know and we will look into it.

Razer|Mjolnir on
    Razer Community Manager
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    i haven't gotten an email yet saying mine has been shipped, but i did get an email a while back saying it would be shipped, so i'll be patient.

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
  • Options
    SG LukeSG Luke Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Got mine last night, thanks guys!

SG Luke on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    jonxp wrote: »
    Got my mouse in today!

Sweet.

If anyone has any issues getting theirs, please let me know and we will look into it.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that the box was missing the monitor and keyboard in the pictures you posted. Perhaps it was an oversight?
    :lol:

jonxp on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Got my mouse with light up scroll wheel today. Fucking awesome. Thanks so much Razer, and Travis.

collinc on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Oh cool, I got the shipping conversation in the email today. Razer definitely has great customer support.

Artreus on
  • Options
    TyrantCowTyrantCow Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    FYI

just got mine.

TyrantCow on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Got mine in the mail today. The wheel lights up all nice and pretty.

Artreus on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Well, I'm now starting to get concerned. I haven't received a shipping email or anything about getting a new mouse sent lately. Has anyone else not been contacted?

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
  • Options
    CuZZaCuZZa Khoo's Epic Mount Perth, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Received my replacement today, I only got the shipping notification late last week so I'm impressed considering it came to the other side of the world! Plugged it in and it works brilliantly, thanks very much Razer crew for coming through with the goods on this!

CuZZa on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    dyaballikl wrote: »
    Well, I'm now starting to get concerned. I haven't received a shipping email or anything about getting a new mouse sent lately. Has anyone else not been contacted?

If you are still having issues, shoot me over a PM with all your information (name, email, ticket number) and we can figure out what's going on.

Razer|Mjolnir on
    Razer Community Manager
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    I got mine and everything is good. Thanks Razer!

Queen Brewer on
    <Moe_Fwacky> nice girls
    <Moe_Fwacky> lesbians
This discussion has been closed.