As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX 2005 Update

• Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2005
    XieflowX wrote:
    so where is this taking place (general area, not exact venue as they probably don't have it yet)?

Supposedly I now live relatively near where the last one took place now + I have a car for travel + some people I work with had gone to the last one

Oh yeah, you moved nearby, didn't you? :P

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • Options
    Red Machine DRed Machine D __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2005
    I'm really hoping Robert can get Machinae Supremacy to come.

Although I think it would be awesome if Incubus could be booked. Have them play a few of their better songs (Stellar, etc.), then went into their Halo-themed "Odyssey" songs.

Red Machine D on
  • Options
    impsethimpseth Registered User regular
    edited January 2005
    We could probably get Weird "Al" Yankovich to do some parodies of songs if we really tried.

impseth on
    Sigs are fun.
  • Options
    LincolnLincoln Registered User regular
    edited January 2005
    impseth wrote:
    We could probably get Weird "Al" Yankovich to do some parodies of songs if we really tried.
    Polkamon.

Lincoln on
  • Options
    XieflowXieflow Registered User regular
    edited January 2005
    Legacy wrote:
    XieflowX wrote:
    so where is this taking place (general area, not exact venue as they probably don't have it yet)?

Supposedly I now live relatively near where the last one took place now + I have a car for travel + some people I work with had gone to the last one

yeah. Don't I live like right down the street from you or something now? We should go to the arcade or something

Xieflow on
  • Options
    GrathGrath I'm a much happier person these days Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2005
    So.. Its january do we atleast have a concrete venue yet? I wanna know so I can see how much monies i need and start buying plane tickets/reservations now when it will be cheaper.

Grath on
  • Options
    sage_ich_nichtsage_ich_nicht Registered User regular
    edited January 2005
    I'm really hoping Robert can get Machinae Supremacy to come.

Although I think it would be awesome if Incubus could be booked. Have them play a few of their better songs (Stellar, etc.), then went into their Halo-themed "Odyssey" songs.
    yes. i hope he doesn't forget about that. :| also... hmmm... I need to get some songs from Incubus(If you say something like "shame on you for not having some by now", i'll hit you with my big stick of doom.). :?

sage_ich_nicht on
    "Fairy tales don't teach children that monsters exist.
    Children already know that monsters exist.
    Fairy tales teach children that monsters can be killed."

G. K. Chesterton
  • Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2005
    XieflowX wrote:
    Legacy wrote:
    XieflowX wrote:

yeah. Don't I live like right down the street from you or something now? We should go to the arcade or something

I've been meaning to go check out Gameworks soon...

Legacy on
  • Options
    edited January 2005
    Just out of morbid curiosity. How many people would be down for getting Weird Al as an act at PAX. I may be banned forever but I am a fan of his.

impseth on
    Sigs are fun.
  • Options
    AfflictionAffliction Registered User regular
    edited January 2005
    I say we should get the G4TechTV guys over there so I can humiliate that insufferable bastard Tommy Tellerico on cable television.

Affliction on
  • Options
    edited January 2005
    Public burning of the G4 logo?

impseth on
    Sigs are fun.
  • Options
    edited January 2005
    Legacy wrote:
    XieflowX wrote:
    Legacy wrote:
    XieflowX wrote:

DO NOT GO TO GAMEWORKS. They overcharge for ALL THEIR GAMES and half of them are poorly maintained. Gameworks is total shit. Just go to that one arcade near the Meydenbauer.

Red Machine D on
  • Options
    edited January 2005
    I've got a 1993 Red Corsica LT, 6 cylinder. I'm think of getting something to put on the hood of it for Pax05. I don't want anything permanent, something like a bumper sticker that I can pull off the hood when PAX is done that won't rip up any paint. Basically, just a decal.

I'm thinking of this image
    ffwallhoody.jpg
    It's the fruit fucker prime wallpaper

Any other suggestions? I want it to be offensive and noticable. The very spirit of penny-arcade. But not anything that will get me pulled over by a cop. I live in ontario so I will have to cross the border with it.

Note: I am hosting the image off of a geocities account so eventually the image will be dead because they will cut off my bandwidth.

impseth on
    Sigs are fun.
  • Options
    ben184ben184 Registered User regular
    edited January 2005
    I think this is what you want. Vinyl hood wraps made from any digital file.

But I bet it's expensive. Although it would look cool:

corsica.jpg

(BTW, what color is your Corsica?)

ben184 on
  • Options
    edited January 2005
    It's red. Is that a photoshopped image? The car is basically my car but has better looking paint on it. mmmmm...shiny

That's an intresting link you put up. Though I am kind of suspicious about the @aol email address you need to use to send them the picture.

impseth on
    Sigs are fun.
  • Options
    edited January 2005
    impseth wrote:
    Public burning of the G4 logo?
    ICE CREAM FOR EVERYONE!!!

Affliction on
  • Options
    BorfaseBorfase __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2005
    school starts at the end of september, man you guys are stupid

quit being so stupid

Borfase on
    duhhhh i like spaghetti-o's lolz
  • Options
    QuizMasterQuizMaster Registered User regular
    edited January 2005
    impseth wrote:
    Just out of morbid curiosity. How many people would be down for getting Weird Al as an act at PAX. I may be banned forever but I am a fan of his.
    I'd be down with it.....but that only makes me wonder how hard it would be to track him down. Besides, wouldn't that break the general theme of the musical guests?
    Affliction wrote:
    I say we should get the G4TechTV guys over there so I can humiliate that insufferable bastard Tommy Tellerico on cable television.
    Aye..that would be rather swell. Victor Lucas is clearly the smart one of the pair.

QuizMaster on
  • Options
    edited January 2005
    Legacy wrote:
    XieflowX wrote:
    Legacy wrote:
    XieflowX wrote:

DO NOT GO TO GAMEWORKS. They overcharge for ALL THEIR GAMES and half of them are poorly maintained. Gameworks is total shit. Just go to that one arcade near the Meydenbauer.

I'm meaning to go to Gameworks to check if they still have the awesome flight simulator thing that they had there a while ago. That's about all.

Legacy on
  • Options
    edited January 2005
    Legacy wrote:
    Legacy wrote:
    XieflowX wrote:
    Legacy wrote:
    XieflowX wrote:

I'm meaning to go to Gameworks to check if they still have the awesome flight simulator thing that they had there a while ago. That's about all.
    Which one? Usually all Gameworks locations have the same games...

Red Machine D on
  • Options
    edited January 2005
    Legacy wrote:
    Legacy wrote:
    XieflowX wrote:
    Legacy wrote:
    XieflowX wrote:

Which one? Usually all Gameworks locations have the same games...

The one in downtown Seattle. It had it a while ago...I doubt they still do though. It's a full pod thing. You get in, fly around, shoot things and it's moving all the while. Fun stuff.

Legacy on
  • Options
    edited January 2005
    Will there be a list of the games for the next Omegathon? If there's going to be another one we can start practicing early.

impseth on
    Sigs are fun.
  • Options
    Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
    edited January 2005
    Omegathon Games List will be published in a few months... although I will say they HAVE been decided already. ;)

-robert

Robert Khoo on
    Some guy.
  • Options
    edited January 2005
    Note to all interested: bring your street hockey gear. My group is hoping to get some pick-up hockey action going on after they kick us out each night.

Affliction on
  • Options
    edited January 2005
    Omegathon Games List will be published in a few months... although I will say they HAVE been decided already. ;)

-robert

Is it going to be the same selection process?

Legacy on
  • Options
    Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
    edited January 2005
    Legacy wrote:

-robert

Yes.

Robert Khoo on
    Some guy.
  • Options
    MikestaMikesta Registered User regular
    edited January 2005
    Is there any chance that the date for PAX could be set somwhere in the middle of July, or even late July? School, at least for me, starts in mid August, so if the date is not changed, I and most likely many other people will not be able to go due to school starting.

Mikesta on
    untitled.jpg

You mess with the dolphin, you get the nose.
  • Options
    ctishmanctishman Registered User regular
    edited January 2005
    Unfortunately, no. Plans larger than you or I have been set in motion - ancient, arcane and evil.

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
    Get the PAX 2008 Countdown widget and while away your sad, pathetic life watching it tick down the hours to PAX '08!
    http://homepage.mac.com/ctishman
  • Options
    edited January 2005
    Legacy wrote:

-robert

Yes.

More people at least?

:(

Legacy on
  • Options
    edited January 2005
    Legacy wrote:
    Legacy wrote:

-robert

Yes.

More people at least?

:(
    Dear god I hope so.

Red Machine D on
  • Options
    edited January 2005
    http://www.penny-arcade.com/pax/

Something here doesn't belong. Something about this just is wrong.

Xieflow on
  • Options
    edited January 2005
    XieflowX wrote:

Told you it'd be here about a week after then...

Legacy on
  • Options
    edited January 2005
    Legacy wrote:
    XieflowX wrote:

Gotcha. So it'll be ready January 24th, 2006.

Xieflow on
  • Options
    edited January 2005
    XieflowX wrote:
    Legacy wrote:
    XieflowX wrote:

We already used that joke in another thread. :v:

Red Machine D on
  • Options
    edited January 2005
    XieflowX wrote:
    Legacy wrote:
    XieflowX wrote:

I'm sorry I don't have the time to browse every there here to check for every joke possible.

Xieflow on
  • Options
    ctishmanctishman Registered User regular
    edited January 2005
    If you don't have the time to read all 600+ pages every day, why bother replying at all?

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
    Get the PAX 2008 Countdown widget and while away your sad, pathetic life watching it tick down the hours to PAX '08!
    http://homepage.mac.com/ctishman
  • Options
    edited January 2005
    XieflowX wrote:
    XieflowX wrote:
    Legacy wrote:
    XieflowX wrote:

I'm sorry I don't have the time to browse every there here to check for every joke possible.

And it was a Legacy post too. For shame.

http://www.penny-arcade.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=85231&start=50

Red Machine D on
  • Options
    edited January 2005
    Legacy probably made the joke to me over aim, also. But I was probably half asleep.

Xieflow on
  • Options
    edited January 2005
    XieflowX wrote:
    Legacy probably made the joke to me over aim, also. But I was probably half asleep.
    Or you're just an unoriginal, Iceman-forgetting bastard :P

Red Machine D on
  • Options
    edited January 2005
    XieflowX wrote:
    Or you're just an unoriginal, Iceman-forgetting bastard :P

Iceman wasn't in that scene.

Xieflow on