As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Game On]Crackdown-LOOK! SOMETHING INTERESTING!

Gorilla SaladGorilla Salad Registered User regular
edited October 2009 in Games and Technology
Crackdown. You know, that one game. Cel-shaded, came out on the 360. 3 gangs with 21 bosses you had to take out. Came with the Halo 3 Beta.

I'll let Wiki take over.

Wiki wrote:
Crackdown (titled Riot Act in Japan) is an open world, third-person shooter video game for the Xbox 360 game console. It was released in North America on February 20, 2007, and worldwide by February 23, 2007. Crackdown was developed by Realtime Worlds, and distributed by Microsoft Game Studios. It was conceived by Realtime Worlds' founder, David Jones, who also created Grand Theft Auto and Lemmings.[2]
Set in the fictional Pacific City, the player controls a cybernetically-enhanced Agent, tasked with defeating three crime lords and their organized crime syndicates. The Agent's abilities improve by defeating both crime lords and their supporters, as well as by completing optional activities, such as street races and scavenger hunts. The gameplay is nonlinear: instead of following a rigid mission sequence, players are free to select the approach to completing their missions and activities. The game features a two-player cooperative play mode via Xbox Live.

Things you can do:
Kick people 40 feet.
Smash people with cars.
Shoot your friend. In the face. With a rocket.
Jump really fucking high, and fall really fucking far.
Climb anything! Or almost anything.

Downloadable Content:
There was some downloadable content that came out. Such as
4-Play Pack: Four new agents to dick around with.
Getting Busy Bonus Pack: New Side missions, new guns(Harpoon gun) and vehicles and modes(Like Rocket Tag. Tag your friends. With Rockets.)
Free-For-All pack: Free shit. Came with Keys to the City(Cheat mode. Inf. health, super-super strenght/agility, spawn shit, etc. no achievements, though), impounding vehicles, and uh, well, that's it.

Assorted Media
Crackdown-screenshot.jpg
PikaPuff wrote: »
LOOK! SOMETHING INTERESTING!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLPz94kOyK0
That's it. I am fucking lazy.

Anyway, yeah. Crackdown. Let's get some co-op going.

Tags:
Forum name-Gamertag
Gorilla Salad-S8 Fish
Commissar Demosthenes-D3115

Gorilla Salad on

• randombattlerandombattle Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Fuck my gold account just ran out today!

I will have to get another card next friday..

randombattle on
    itsstupidbutidontcare2.gif
    I never asked for this!
  • Gorilla SaladGorilla Salad Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    OH MY FUCKING GOD!

Jesus fucking christ. That is everybody's fucking response. 'Hey, I have this game. Oh shit, my live account is no longer working!"

Argh! Fuck it! I'll go play by myself. Jerks.

Gorilla Salad on
  • randombattlerandombattle Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I want to play! RAGHASFA

You don't understand it's a thousand times worse because I had a 20 dollar gift card to gamestop and I was sitting there going "Do I want more gold or mm9 and bionic commando rearmed..."

randombattle on
    itsstupidbutidontcare2.gif
    I never asked for this!
  • KazhiimKazhiim __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2008
    I have this game.

I don't have an Xbox. My brother pawned it.

Kazhiim on
    lost_sig2.png
  • Commissar DemosthenesCommissar Demosthenes Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I have this game. Gamertag's D3115.
    Hell yes, Jumping SUVs that can drive up walls.

Commissar Demosthenes on
    Steam name: Chicago Ted.
    96cce.png
    oh god I am not good at battlefield
  • MinionOfCthulhuMinionOfCthulhu Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Kazhiim wrote: »
    I have this game.

I don't have an Xbox. My brother pawned it.

He pawned your Xbox or his Xbox?

MinionOfCthulhu on
    mgssig.jpg1152dt.gif
    edited October 2008
    That's two. Woo!

Gorilla Salad on
  • LookFreeGrenadeLookFreeGrenade Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    This is a good game. I have it,but usually don't play it that much

LookFreeGrenade on
    ormskm.jpg20i89qa.jpg73f2j6.jpg
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Add me, and shoot me a message if you see me online. If you see me online on Friday night's, I probably have a couple people over :P

I fucking love this game.

urahonky on
  • InzignaInzigna Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    This game could've been epic.

I was disappointed. =(

Inzigna on
    camo_sig2.png
  • DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    When this came out, didn't it get mediocre reviews, and then a dev freaked out and said people weren't playing it right?

DeMoN on
    Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • HylianbunnyHylianbunny Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I have this. Picked it up for extremely cheap.

I...I may have played it once for fifteen minutes.

My live account is active. Teach me!

Hylianbunny on
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Epic? What game were you expecting? You're a genetically engineered 'soldier' with powers not unlike Hulk and you can carry weapons that blow shit up.

If anything, an actual story would've gotten in the way.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • JamesDMJamesDM Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    OH MY FUCKING GOD!

Jesus fucking christ. That is everybody's fucking response. 'Hey, I have this game. Oh shit, my live account is no longer working!"

Argh! Fuck it! I'll go play by myself. Jerks.

For real... I came into this thread with the intent of posting "Hey, I have this game. Oh shit, my live account is no longer working!"

Now I shall just sit here and cry a little.

:cry:

JamesDM on
    If you have any complaints about this poster then feel free to: Иди на хуй, Сучьи :D

Steam, PSN, XBL, Xfire and everything else JamesDM
  • One Thousand CablesOne Thousand Cables An absence of thought Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Oh man, the harpoon gun was so much fun. Making corpsemobiles was worth the $10 for the DLC alone.

One Thousand Cables on
    edited October 2008
    Epic? What game were you expecting? You're a genetically engineered 'soldier' with powers not unlike Hulk and you can carry weapons that blow shit up.

How about epic enemies instead of the same old helpless people?

Inzigna on
    camo_sig2.png
  • ZercofZercof Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Shit. Love this game! I'd be up for playing this with people still. Got all DLC, and need to get the "kill all 21 co-op" achievement yet.

Feel free to throw my name/GT on the OP list ;-)

Zercof on
    Zercof.png
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Inzigna wrote: »

Did you miss the part where you're a genetically engineered 'soldier'? What would make an enemy epic? If they were a reject from Metal Gear Solid? You play as Superman with a gun cleaning up an gang infested city. Crackdown is (was) a $60 excuse to blow shit up. This was definitely one time where the demo really captured what the full game was going to be like.

Santa Claustrophobia on
    edited October 2008

Did you miss the part where you're a genetically engineered 'soldier'? What would make an enemy epic?

Other genetically engineered 'soldiers'!
    I guess. I never actually played it.
    ...I own it though. I got it for cheap and never actually popped it in my 360. I guess I should rectify that, huh?

MinionOfCthulhu on
    mgssig.jpg1152dt.gif
  • exoplasmexoplasm Gainfully Employed Near Blizzard HQRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Shit I never got to play this online.

Dr Funkotron on Live if anyone wants to add me. Are we playing now? I need to get lunch first...

exoplasm on
    1029386-1.png
    SC2 NA: exoplasm.519 | PA SC2 Mumble Server | My Website | My Stream
    edited October 2008

Did you miss the part where you're a genetically engineered 'soldier'? What would make an enemy epic?

Other genetically engineered 'soldiers'!
    I guess. I never actually played it.
    ...I own it though. I got it for cheap and never actually popped it in my 360. I guess I should rectify that, huh?

If you play the game and clean the city up, you'll realise why that wouldn't be an option. For me, the ending was not a surprise and would suggest a more 'epic' sequel. It does help to pay attention to what little story exists in Crackdown.

Santa Claustrophobia on
    edited October 2008

Did you miss the part where you're a genetically engineered 'soldier'? What would make an enemy epic? If they were a reject from Metal Gear Solid? You play as Superman with a gun cleaning up an gang infested city. Crackdown is (was) a $60 excuse to blow shit up. This was definitely one time where the demo really captured what the full game was going to be like.

I don't know. Having enemies that were huge would be pretty epic, imagine battling giant robots instead of puny gang members. It just felt as though I'm all powerful and shit, but there's really nothing much to flex my muscles on.

And honestly, having a reject from MGS wouldn't be half bad if they could put up a fight.

Inzigna on
    camo_sig2.png
  • projectmayhemprojectmayhem Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    As I was jumping 30 feet in the air from roof top to roof top dodging rockets and returning some of my own...I had no idea there even was a story.

projectmayhem on
  • HylianbunnyHylianbunny Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

I don't know. Having enemies that were huge would be pretty epic, imagine battling giant robots instead of puny gang members. It just felt as though I'm all powerful and shit, but there's really nothing much to flex my muscles on.

And honestly, having a reject from MGS wouldn't be half bad if they could put up a fight.

Let's fight a man COVERED IN BEES!

Hylianbunny on
  • KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    As I was jumping 30 feet in the air from roof top to roof top dodging rockets and returning some of my own...I had no idea there even was a story.

You know the 911 truth nuts who say the government was behind 911 in order to seize control and take away freedoms under the false guise of 'security'?

It's basically that, but with gangs. And fun as shit gameplay.

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
    edited October 2008
    Let's fight a man COVERED IN BEES!
    If he could kill me, sure.

Inzigna on
    camo_sig2.png
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Now that I think about it, Crackdown was and remains my favorite 360 exclusive, easily.

Had so much fun with it. And it was crack for OCD people. Hundreds of orbs for each category, kickass Achievements, it was so insane.

I found all Agility Orbs in this game without a guide, which boosted my self esteem. Had to use a guide to find like twenty of the Secret Orbs though.

UnbreakableVow on
  • PkErthbndPkErthbnd Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I just bought this game, so I'm still trying to figure out how everything works...but I'd definitely be down for some multiplayer. My gamertag is TheGodfajah, so send me a friend request!

PkErthbnd on
  • exoplasmexoplasm Gainfully Employed Near Blizzard HQRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Ahahahah just had some mayhem with keys to the city mode with Commissar Demosthenes. Then the connection dropped.

Also I'm streaming my xbox 360 on a lego webcam at www.mogulus.com/itellyouwhat

legocamera250ig0.jpg

exoplasm on
    1029386-1.png
    SC2 NA: exoplasm.519 | PA SC2 Mumble Server | My Website | My Stream
  • fragglefartfragglefart Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Man, I never did find that last damned secret orb.

fragglefart on
    fragglefart.jpg
  • darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Can't say I'll be up for playing online, I might be persuaded but there's Dead Space and Fable 2 out this week.. BUT Crackdown is such a good game and one I just love wasting time dicking around in.
    I approve of this thread.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Commissar DemosthenesCommissar Demosthenes Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Hah, My cousin's borrowing this from me, So I can't play until at least next week.

Commissar Demosthenes on
    Steam name: Chicago Ted.
    96cce.png
    oh god I am not good at battlefield
    edited October 2008
    I dusted off my copy that's never been used and started a game.
    Holy shit this is fun.

MinionOfCthulhu on
    mgssig.jpg1152dt.gif
    edited October 2008
    yes!

Spread the joy!

Gorilla Salad on
  • GanluanGanluan Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    This was a fun game and if someone wasn't borrowing it I'd probably be playing it right now.

Ganluan on
  • YesNoMuYesNoMu Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I beat the game in three days, and then promptly quit. No gang members shooting at me just makes it not really fun anymore, I guess.

Can I start a new game while keeping my awesomesauce agility and explosives ratings?

YesNoMu on
    camo_sig2.png
  • GanluanGanluan Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    YesNoMu wrote: »
    I beat the game in three days, and then promptly quit. No gang members shooting at me just makes it not really fun anymore, I guess.

Can I start a new game while keeping my awesomesauce agility and explosives ratings?

Wasn't there a way to reset the gangs or something?

Ganluan on
  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    yeah one of the dlc's gave you the option to reset gangs.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• YesNoMuYesNoMu Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Hmm. Must be one of the nonfree ones, I guess. I loved the game, but not enough to spend more money on.

YesNoMu on
    camo_sig2.png
    edited October 2008
    No, it's one of the free ones.

Santa Claustrophobia on