As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PA (fan)Art Contest WIPs pg3

2»

• Options
    D-RobeD-Robe Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I love the way you color. :D

D-Robe on
    Cheese.
  • Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    The Halloween things are always fabulous.

You should draw more stuff, so I can view it and enjoy it and tell you that it's pretty. Just a suggestion.

NightDragon on
  • Options
    RubberACRubberAC Sidney BC!Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    The halloween guy's back! Awesome work chief. You need to come around more than, like, bi-annually

RubberAC on
  • Options
    beavotronbeavotron Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    jt in the house >+D

<3

beavotron on
  • Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Sonic, you are good people

I like the second halloween one best.

The first one's flat kid doesn't mesh very well with the more formed heads and the second one is an adult, so.

Tam on
  • Options
    SonicSonic Absentee Landlord Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Yeah, I think making him older and losing the out-grown spider-man costume kinda killed the concept. I'll just have to keep him the same age and concentrate on making him progressively creepier instead.

Projeck: Old news, man.

Jen: I'll think about it...

Alex: sho'nuff. <3s

Also, I'm not trying to sitewhore, but I have a new website nearing completion (hence the banner) and I could use some feedback on it. Design, load times, ease of use, etc. Anything that pops out as being wrong or out of whack. And I'm aware of the misplaced button issues with IE. Switch to Firefox or Chrome, loser.

Sonic on
  • Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Really like the new site. For some reason, the way the blog looks is especially nice to me.

Nothing seems out of place for me, it worked perfectly. (I'ma usin' Safari on OSX).

NightDragon on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    I've actually never tried any of my sites on Safari, so that's actually really good to know. Thanks for that. :D

Actually!

Sonic on
  • Options
    NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I'm totally using that wallpaper.

Woo

NotASenator on
  • Options
    FlayFlay Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Believe it or not, it was your art which first made me want to join these forums. I suppose I was hoping some of your talent would rub off on me.

Nice to see your back. :)

Flay on
  • Options
    PROXPROX Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Sonic has gotten better. Great site dude!

PROX on
  • Options
    srsizzysrsizzy Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    This thread title is ironic, cause I still remember the day I first saw that drawing years ago and was a little wee one all inspired to do art like no tomorrow.

I'm glad you still exist, Sonic. Your style is quite unique.

srsizzy on
    BRO LET ME GET REAL WITH YOU AND SAY THAT MY FINGERS ARE PREPPED AND HOT LIKE THE SURFACE OF THE SUN TO BRING RADICAL BEATS SO SMOOTH THE SHIT WILL BE MEDICINAL-GRADE TRIPNASTY MAKING ALL BRAINWAVES ROLL ON THE SURFACE OF A BALLS-FEISTY NEURAL RAINBOW CRACKA-LACKIN' YOUR PERCEPTION OF THE HERE-NOW SPACE-TIME SITUATION THAT ALL OF LIFE BE JAMMED UP IN THROUGH THE UNIVERSAL FLOW BEATS
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    So I didn't want to keep clogging up the Contest thread with WIPs, but I did want some feedback as I go along because this is probably the biggest coloring job I've attempted to date. I just hope I can finish the damn thing on time.

030209pacontest2.jpg
    030409pacontestcolorwip.jpg
    030409pacontestgabe.jpg

eh?

Sonic on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Sonic, what is that, a giant hair laid over the moon? How unprofessional.

Too bad you're going to win.

Tam on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Tam wrote: »
    Too bad you're going to win.
    I wouldn't count on that... These kinda things are anyone's game really and I'd be willing to wager that there are plenty of "heavy-hitters" working on big things that they just haven't posted yet.

...I can't say I don't appreciate the vote of confidence though. :)

Sonic on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Mein friend, Gabe is a sucker for both Stars Wars and Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ the Light of the World.

Also, there's going to be multiple winners in some way or another.

The only real crit, and I'm not sure it is a valid crit at this stage, is that generic glow on the moon looks pretty dull. Again, I'd have to see how it works in the final, but I'd say you should paint that in.

Tam on
  • Options
    earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Woah lookin good dood.

My only crit would be Gabe and Tycho seem to be a bit small in comparison to some of the other elements. I know you were basing this off something else and changing that would probably blah I don't know what I'm saying I just got home from work 5 AM just drank two coffees.

Always good to see new Sonic stuff though.

earthwormadam on
  • Options
    CyberMonkeytron3000CyberMonkeytron3000 Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Still waiting for our money.

Jr needs new shoes for the winter.

Looks awesome- as usual. I would say is that the position of the giant fruit fuckers right hand is a little awkward. With the hand blocking most of the arm, the pose isn't as dynamic as it could be if you moved it slightly. Also if you moved it, it wouldn't have to be cropped like that.

I can't wait to see this finished..... but im going to have too..

CyberMonkeytron3000 on
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Bit late, but just popping in to say that Rorschach wallpaper is pimp. I've been looking for a change to my Jim Darkmagic one, and I think I'll be sporting that for a bit.

KalTorak on