As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Phalla]ctica: Day Nine: A Measure of Salvation (Cylon Victory)

• crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Woah...

crimsoncoyote on
  • MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS...

1. BE PRAYING
    2. BE PRAYING
    3. BE PRAYING

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
    edited October 2008
    So say we all...

crimsoncoyote on
  • giltanisgiltanis Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    MrBlarney wrote: »
    BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS...

1. BE PRAYING
    2. BE PRAYING
    3. BE PRAYING

And...Blarney goes nuts :)

giltanis on
    sig.gif
  • TrustTrust Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    For the cause, you toaster fucks.

Tick Tick Tick.

Trust on
    We Stand Ready
  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    so thats why you were quiet..

Egos on
  • IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    oooOOOoooaaaAHAHAHAHAHAHAaaaoooOOOooo

Ianator on
    steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
    edited October 2008
    I'm going out with a stogie in ma mouth and a shit eating grin...

:D

Trust on
    We Stand Ready
    edited October 2008
    I'm gonna guess I was unfortunately your target ;)

Egos on
  • Ares of KobolAres of Kobol Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Day Eight: Heeding the Call
    Part One

---

It was always the blasted door locks. Obviously the prison would change the codes often in order to crush all hope, but sometimes it was really just annoying. The ominous clang of metal-on-metal caused him to stop his work for a moment, crouch low to the ground and involuntarily shudder. The noise passed and he moved back to the door lock, picking at it steadily until the little red light turned green. The_Reflection quickly gathered his tools as the door slid open. A Cylon centurion rewarded his efforts by grabbing his face and slowly crushing it in the grip of his powerful, robotic hand.

---

dayeighttm7.jpg

Perhaps the Cylons were worried about an attempt to rescue those on the death list, or perhaps they just didn't consider the other possibilities. Whatever it was, things worked out ideally for the insurgency. Their defenses were lacking as the human troops pounded Storage and even the headquarters for the damn toasters. Sure got their attention, though, as they refocused and tried to cut off the attacking force from their escape route.

The firefight is fierce, with weapons fire painting every inch of the corridor as the insurgency attempts to make their escape. The Cylons are not taking kindly to their intrusion. Flattening themselves against the walls, the insurgency retreats, daring to move only so often and to return fire even less so. B:L and Egos are covering the rear of the force and while they attempt to turn a corner in order to lose enemy pursuit, stray fire hits a power main above their heads. Egos falls, his body riddled with shrapnel. B:L too stumbles to the ground, blood pouring out of his eyes. He fires blindly at the sound of Cylon footsteps, hoping to stave off their pursuit so that his comrades may escape. Their screams echo down the hallway as the rest of the insurgency retreats.

---

Bliss 101 has been released from a New Phallican Jail.

TheLawinator has been placed in a New Phallican Jail.
    Maximus has been placed in a New Phallican Jail.

FreeAgent - Insurgent Doctor - executed
    enlightenedbum - Insurgent - executed
    eecc - Phallica Resistance Fighter - executed
    JPants - Insurgent - executed

The_Reflection - Phallica Resistance Fighter - prison accident

B:L - Insurgent Second-In-Command - killed by Cylons
    Egos - Insurgent - killed by Cylons

MacGuffin - Cylon - killed in raid on Cylon Headquarters
    crimsoncoyote - New Phallican Police - killed in raid on Cylon Headquarters

Plutonium - New Phallican Police - collateral damage from a suicide bomber
    SpeedySwaf - Insurgent - killed by a suicide bomber
    Trust - Insurgent - suicide bomber

weatheredclown - Insurgent - executed

---

Launch keys have been distributed among the survivors of New Phallica.
    The cylon headquarters have taken a heavy hit!

The remaining survivors must choose a ship to evacuate to; the cylons must choose which routes to guard. Each remaining survivor, please PM me your choice of the Rising Star or the Zephyr.

Narration'll be posted as soon as it's complete; probably within half an hour.

Ares of Kobol on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ecco the dolphinecco the dolphin Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    oOooOOoooooooOOOOoOOOOOo

Dearest Secret Diary:

In the news today...
    Phallactica joined the fray!
    Some redshirts died,
    Others got fried.

... and the last minute manipulation of votes is often called, in the vernacular, "shenanigans" ...

WHooooOO WHOOO good luck!

ooOooOOoOOooooooOOoooooOO

ecco the dolphin on
    Penny Arcade Developers at PADev.net.
    edited October 2008
    ....BoooOOOOoOOOOoOOOom

Trust on
    We Stand Ready
  • PlutoniumPlutonium Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    ooooOOOooo

Really? Random chance?

That's some buuulllllshit

Plutonium on
    edited October 2008
    Thank the Random Number God! My spirits are lifted. Once narration is out and I get an update on our situation, I will get back to you all.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Haha mother fuckers! Still not dead! Take that you toasters!

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
    edited October 2008
    When is our choice of ship due?

giltanis on
    sig.gif
  • B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    It's too bad I won't live.

But then again, whoOooOOo does?

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
    edited October 2008
    ooOo I definitely don't oOoOo

Egos on
    edited October 2008
    Plutonium wrote: »
    ooooOOOooo

Really? Random chance?

That's some buuulllllshit

This times ten million

OoOOOooooOoOOO

crimsoncoyote on
  • JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    oooooooooooOOOOOOOOOoooooooooo

Go get those frakin' toasters!

ooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooo

JPants on
  • weatheredclownweatheredclown Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    oOOoOOo

Sorry for appearing shady earlier.. meant to change my vote but didn't get to double back to this game before close of day...

OooOOOoo

weatheredclown on
    "Remember, there are no stupid questions. Just stupid people with inquisitive minds."
    edited October 2008
    Alright - information has been received regarding the final push for our escape. Once more, I will ask you all to name two people you trust the most (NOT including me) and two people you trust the least (again, NOT including me). I will send out movement recommendations in the morning. We also still have a vote to consider - let's make this one count.

Current Spreadsheet (up to post 1502)

Current Roster:

Arasaki
    Bliss 101
    giltanis
    Maximus
    MrBlarney
    Rainfall
    TheLawinator
    Varcayn

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • ArasakiArasaki Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    !Bliss 101

Purely because he voted for someone else when I suggested Dac Vin and about 2 other people jumped straight on.

Arasaki on
  • Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Morning. Looks like we kicked their asses in battle once again. Hopefully that's enough to compensate for our poor track record in the voting and vigging department.

But... what happened with the votes last night? Why was there a sudden bandwagon on Arasaki that got just as suddenly reversed? Does this mean I should vote for Arasaki? Although the curfew makes me think that maybe he's innocent after all and the cylons were just trying to lock the vote on him. Or maybe they have to send the order in advance, and were trying to stop the Arasaki bandwagon? Or maybe the curfew was just a desperate trick to get the village to reverse the bandwagon? Or maybe the curfew was completely irrelevant?

Clearly I cannot choose the wine in front of me. I'm going to !vote TheLawinator because I do get a good guy vibe off Arasaki, whereas TheLawinator's behavior and continued survival in this game make me very suspicious of him.

Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
    edited October 2008
    Haha, I completely missed the bandwagon on me last night. I probably should have read back a bit when I woke up.

So you all know, I'm a villager. MrBlarney knows the details on that, if he wants he can post the details I PMed him night... 4? It was the same night I got jailed, which made me slightly suspicious of him at the time, hence my posted suspicion of him.

Arasaki on
    edited October 2008
    Ugh... sorry I haven't been around this morning. And I've got things to be doing shortly as well. From the responses I've gotten back, I think !Bliss 101 is our current best bet for getting a traitor. I'll try to post an explanation later, but I don't have the time right now to put up a full post. Let me quickly send out some preliminary escape requests, and I'll get back later this afternoon/tonight.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • VarcaynVarcayn Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I'm down with !Bliss 101.

You've been dead for two days.

I can go with Bliss 101 though.

Varcayn on
    edited October 2008
    That is not a good idea!

Seriously, let's not throw the game on the last day. This has been a somewhat frustrating game for a villager, and seeing us on the verge of losing the game because of a final bad decision by the network head makes me want to scream. I don't know what information MrBlarney thinks he has at his disposal, but it seems to me, and I mean no offense, that his track record in finding baddies in this game has been less than stellar. I don't know if this is because someone has been feeding him misinformation (again) or simply because of poor guesswork, but I'd like to ask that people give some thought to their votes before committing to a bandwagon that might cost us the game.

Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
  • TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Bliss 101 wrote: »
    That is not a good idea!

Seriously, let's not throw the game on the last day. This has been a somewhat frustrating game for a villager, and seeing us on the verge of losing the game because of a final bad decision by the network head makes me want to scream. I don't know what information MrBlarney thinks he has at his disposal, but it seems to me, and I mean no offense, that his track record in finding baddies in this game has been less than stellar. I don't know if this is because someone has been feeding him misinformation (again) or simply because of poor guesswork, but I'd like to ask that people give some thought to their votes before committing to a bandwagon that might cost us the game.

But you voted for me.

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
    edited October 2008
    TheLawinator... aren't you imprisoned? I just noticed that.

Alright, back. Let's see here... I guess I'll explain where I got the Bliss 101 vote from. Of the eight players remaining, I believe two to be traitorous in some fashion. I think I can strike Rainfall, Maximus, and myself from the list, leaving five players.

TheLawinator I doubt to be evil since he's in jail - I'm not sure why they baddies would do that on the last day. Arasaki I have doubts about, but I think him to be less likely to be a baddie due to how the vote shenanigans shook out yesterday. crimsoncoyote and Plutonium happily joining my order on him leads me to go against believing him to be evil.

So that leaves three... Bliss 101, giltanis, and Varcayn. Of these, one, maybe two, should be bad. Bliss 101 has been noted as suspicious by others, and his choice of suspicious characters (Rainfall and TheLawinator) is odd. giltanis is suspicious because he did not submit a trust/suspicion PM today. Varcayn now sticks out at me after looking at things. crimsoncoyote was listed as a trustworthy person yesterday (and crimson listed Varcayn as well). And today's trust list had giltanis and Bliss 101 at the top... argh. I just don't know. The data is so noisy, I'll probably want to look at previous days' posts and votes to try and get a better bead on things.

But after the current consideration, it may be best that the vote be switched to Varcayn. The chances of a baddie hit are probably going to be better... well, I hope so. Haven't had much luck hitting baddies in the days past - I'm torn between my three main suspects.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
    edited October 2008
    Personally I'm more suspicious of TheLawinator, and his being in jail does nothing to alleviate this. Looking at the list of dead cylons and their collaborators, they seem to have been cycling their members through the jail pretty actively, presumably to make them look less suspicious.

But I must say I'm feeling a bit lost too. All my attempts at rational baddie-hunting have failed dismally in this game, so now I'm just clinging to my hunch about TL. :|

Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
    edited October 2008
    Bliss 101 wrote: »
    Personally I'm more suspicious of TheLawinator, and his being in jail does nothing to alleviate this. Looking at the list of dead cylons and their collaborators, they seem to have been cycling their members through the jail pretty actively, presumably to make them look less suspicious.

But I must say I'm feeling a bit lost too. All my attempts at rational baddie-hunting have failed dismally in this game, so now I'm just clinging to my hunch about TL. :|

So you think the baddies put TheLawinator into jail to protect him from the potential vote? I don't discount that as a possibility - it's quite possible that being jailed doesn't roleblock baddies as it does regular players. However, I find it a more likely proposition that the last baddies are not in jail, what with it being the last day of the game. If they're going to use their powers, they're probably going to need to be free, right? One cylon and one police officer, I'm guessing, is all that remains.

Oh, and if you feel lost, and feel poorly regarding the poor baddie-hunting thus far, I bet that I feel even worse. I need some sort of book on 'how to detect liars', my radar is completely broken.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
    edited October 2008
    Varcayn

Voted for an evil day 1. Outside of day one he always voted on a bandwagon. Outside of 2 times he always voted for the "winner" of said bandwagon. One of the times he was wrong was yesterday when everything was a clusterfuck.

Thats all for now...Frankly I suck <laughs>

giltanis on
    sig.gif
    edited October 2008
    Ahh I didn't even think about the roleblocking and its implications.

Remember that there were lots of bad guys yesterday when they must have made the decision to jail TL & co. They couldn't have known they'd suffer the losses they did last night. Would that make them less likely to jail one of their own again, or more so? I dunno, and I don't think I know any of the known bad guys well enough to be able to guess what they would have done.

Although there is the issue of voting. Would they have sacrificed one vote on the last day when every vote counts?

Shit, I don't know, and I really need to go to sleep. I'm gonna !retract TheLawinator and !vote Varcayn.

Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
    edited October 2008
    !Varcayn

You're pretty lucky I randomly woke up.

Arasaki on
    edited October 2008
    Oh, !Bliss 101

Arasaki on
    edited October 2008
    Despite the fact that so much has gone wrong and a feeling that I have made a grievous error in the final escape plan... I feel a strange calmness. What is it that makes me feel this way? Maybe it's because I know that it will be over soon. It will be so for myself, at least...

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Ares of KobolAres of Kobol Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Closed as of 12:00 EST.

Narration and results coming shortly.

Ares of Kobol on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VarcaynVarcayn Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I've spent the evening out writing a midterm, guess I'm gone.

I'll die as a vanilla insurgent, but I admit my selections of who to trust the past couple days looked suspicious to MrB so don't blame him if this lasts another day.

I did have TheLawinator as the most suspicious person both days, so I'll die standing by that vote.

Good luck to the rest of the insurgents.

Edit: Made it back too late for the vote to count, but ahead of my death, so good enough.

Varcayn on
    edited October 2008
    Well this should be interesting.

Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg