As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Hello, I'd like to play a little [chat]

• ResRes __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2008
    Oh, shit. No. You're right. I'm sorry, my sleep-deprived mind had me thinking of things as they are and not as they work on paper.

Edit: It also kept me from wording this to sound sincere. Trust that I'm not being sarcastic.

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I feel like I'm in withdrawal.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Elldren wrote: »
    evilbob wrote: »
    Hey guys, if a jet tries to take off from a conveyor belt set to move at the same speed as the jet but in the opposite direction, will the jet be able to take off?
    so very sorry

Yes.

<3 yay!
    so many people get that so completely wrong

evilbob on
    l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I want to take a stats class.

I really need to pick a major. I wish I could have a thought at all without my minding jumping back to the fact that I can't make up my mind. I even do it with my posts! it's great. wait no it's torture.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Variable: History.

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
    edited October 2008
    I wrote a new poem. Any thoughts? Puerile? Decent? Image-y?
    When

When will your words end their ricochet,
    Forever beating against my delusions so futilely?
    Like a disorganized army
    they throw themselves constantly at the fortress of my will,
    Spear themselves on hope,
    Bleed on my dreams,
    And die before the edge of reason,
    The graveyard of all I fear.

Drez on
    edited October 2008
    Variable wrote: »
    I want to take a stats class.

I really need to pick a major. I wish I could have a thought at all without my minding jumping back to the fact that I can't make up my mind. I even do it with my posts! it's great. wait no it's torture.

Pottery.

Drez on
  • AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    excerpt_beast2.jpg

She's be good at BDSM.

Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
    edited October 2008
    Aegeri wrote: »
    excerpt_beast2.jpg

She's be good at BDSM.

The spider, right? Mmm.

Drez on
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I like the idea of the Beastmaster class and I like how they have left the creature types slightly generic. I'm not sure it is distinct enough from the ranger though.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Drez wrote: »
    Aegeri wrote: »
    excerpt_beast2.jpg

She's be good at BDSM.

The spider, right? Mmm.
    I can't help but wonder how you could get a tree to grow like that.

see317 on
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited October 2008
    I really hate big quote trees.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Use your mod powers to kill them.

Mojo_Jojo on
  • gundam470gundam470 Drunk Gorilla CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Elki wrote: »
    Didn't we have a rule on their size or am I just remembering when the new forums wouldn't let us quote more than twice?

gundam470 on
    gorillaSig.jpg
    edited October 2008

but they end up all hourglass shaped and it looks cool
    and they mean I don't have to go back three pages to see how a conversation started

evilbob on
    l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    He did. Not before the overgrown tree and its psychedelic map killed the thread though.

The tree was also horrendously off-topic.

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Yeah, sorry about that, Elki. I debated cutting it but my good sense was distracted by my eye itching horribly.

I need new contacts >_<

HappylilElf on
  • SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Elldren wrote: »
    He did. Not before the overgrown tree and its psychedelic map killed the thread though.

The tree was also horrendously off-topic.

I still think it looks like a camel astronaut.

Sarksus on
    edited October 2008
    gundam470 wrote: »
    Didn't we have a rule on their size or am I just remembering when the new forums wouldn't let us quote more than twice?

We do have a rule, and I think it was the first thing I pushed for when I got modded.

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=16986

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
    edited October 2008
    Elki, if we make it to the Asian Champions League final on Wednesday, how much filling of the chat thread with Adelaide United related stuff could I get away with without being banned?

evilbob on
    l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

edited October 2008
    If you win you can have an AU chat thread.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
    edited October 2008
    Yayness :D

evilbob on
    l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Hey Elki, why'd you lock the old Strange/embarrassing moments thread as opposed to the one made yesterday?

Leitner on
  • ecco the dolphinecco the dolphin Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Alrighty. Sorry about that before, good people of [chat]. Sometimes I don't back down when I should. =/

Have since calmed down after making dinner and playing with cat. Hmmm... dinner.

ecco the dolphin on
    Penny Arcade Developers at PADev.net.
    edited October 2008
    Leitner wrote: »
    Hey Elki, why'd you lock the old Strange/embarrassing moments thread as opposed to the one made yesterday?

Because the older one is redundant. We have a 'report for awesome' function to highlight awesome/funny things.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
    edited October 2008
    Leitner wrote: »
    The one that got locked was the superfluous one, it makes sense.

Mojo_Jojo on
  • electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Man I remember the jet question. The jet takes off. Or its tires blow out, it skids off the conveyor belt and kills everyone onboard horribly.

Man why haven't mythbusters done this? All you'd need is a model aeroplane.

electricitylikesme on
  • KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Man I remember the jet question. The jet takes off. Or its tires blow out, it skids off the conveyor belt and kills everyone onboard horribly.

I thought they did.

Kilroy on
    edited October 2008

To me the mythbusters guys seem the type to completely misunderstand the scenario.

evilbob on
    l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

edited October 2008

To me the mythbusters guys seem the type to completely misunderstand the scenario.
    I don't really get what's to misunderstand. It's a plane on a conveyor belt.

electricitylikesme on
    edited October 2008

Most people think the speed of the plane is measured relative to the conveyor belt because they're retarded.

evilbob on
    l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

edited October 2008

Most people think the speed of the plane is measured relative to the conveyor belt because they're retarded.
    This doesn't seem like a mistake mythbusters would make. Moreover, since their thing is actually recreating the conditions of the myth, they'd still see the actual effect.

Of course I suppose the whole thing is made more complicated by the fact that you'll have some residual ground speed added by friction in the coupling between the wheels and the plane.

EDIT: And of course there's the fact that the conveyor itself would just keep going faster and faster until it blew up because the plane would keep gaining speed.

electricitylikesme on
    edited October 2008
    They wanted to find out if cowboys randomly shooting into the air could hurt people when the bullets came down. To test this they spent fucking forever trying to fire bullets directly vertically. They considered it disproved because rather than recreate the myth they tried to recreate the one scenario in which it wouldn't occur. At this point I started ignoring mythbusters.

evilbob on
    l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• RaslinRaslin Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    They wanted to find out if cowboys randomly shooting into the air could hurt people when the bullets came down. To test this they spent fucking forever trying to fire bullets directly vertically. They considered it disproved because rather than recreate the myth they tried to recreate the one scenario in which it wouldn't occur. At this point I started ignoring mythbusters.

...Its pretty obvious that if a bullet comes down, and hits you, you'll be damaged. I didn't see the episode, but I assume they were mainly trying to see if it was possible for a cowboy to hit himself doing that.

Otherwise it would be a retarded myth to check.

Raslin on
    I cant url good so add me on steam anyways steamcommunity.com/id/Raslin

3ds friend code: 2981-6032-4118
  • AlexanderAlexander Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Hello Chat,

so I went to my brothers house at the weekend and played fallout 3, fable 2 and farcry 2 on the 360. fallout3 is awesomo!

I also recieved a new pc which is super nice too and I have binned my 5 year old dell. It was a productive weekend, I even managed to avoid a 5 car pileup on the motorway on the drive there too!

Alexander on
    edited October 2008
    Raslin wrote: »

...Its pretty obvious that if a bullet comes down, and hits you, you'll be damaged. I didn't see the episode, but I assume they were mainly trying to see if it was possible for a cowboy to hit himself doing that.

Otherwise it would be a retarded myth to check.

It was mostly how lethal it would be. Which is very lethal, unless you fire it almost perfectly vertical in which case the bullet will tumble, drastically reducing it's terminal velocity.

evilbob on
    l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

edited October 2008
    I love ramen.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
    edited October 2008
    Alexander wrote: »
    Hello Chat,

so I went to my brothers house at the weekend and played fallout 3, fable 2 and farcry 2 on the 360. fallout3 is awesomo!
    Fallout 3 is not out yet. Does your brother live in the future?

Mojo_Jojo on
  • AlexanderAlexander Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Nope he doesn't, its a review copy.

Alexander on
    edited October 2008
    Ah, that's handy. My brother in the computer game industry has so far yielded no free samples, just bits of occasional secret gossip.

Mojo_Jojo on
This discussion has been closed.