As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

strait to your eyeballs [NSFW]

anthonygoesanthonygoes Registered User regular
edited November 2008 in Artist's Corner
hey everyone! it's been a while since my last post. here's what i've been up to the last few months:

hope you like!

krulos.jpg

trollmount.jpg

boredatwork.jpg

beardom.jpg

aangcolored.jpg

2070363285_5d39a90a28_o.png

2104807731_b8d630f6fa.jpg

naija_fanart.jpg

ashitaka.jpg

yakul.jpg

mri.jpg

bogus.jpg

pug_00.jpg

pug_01.jpg

pug_02.jpg

pug_03.jpg

bubblie.jpg

gospeedgo.jpg

YourFourHoursemen_by_mister_meh.jpg

pho_by_mister_meh.jpg

morning_after_by_mister_meh.jpg

You__ll_saw_your_legs_off_by_mister_meh.jpg

love_craftian_by_mister_meh.jpg

Paow_by_mister_meh.jpg

WOW_demopage1_by_mister_meh.jpg

WOW_demopage2_by_mister_meh.jpg

WOW_demopage3_by_mister_meh.jpg

starcraft_samplepanels_by_mister_meh.jpg

starcraft_autopsy_by_mister_meh.jpg

starcraft_zealot_by_mister_meh.jpg

WOW_draeneihuntress_by_mister_meh.jpg

starcraft_marine_by_mister_meh.jpg

starcraft_protossscientist_by_mister_meh.jpg

wow_dwarfpaladin_by_mister_meh.jpg

WOW_humanmage_by_mister_meh.jpg

wow_nightelf_huntress_by_mister_meh.jpg

wow_orcblademaster_by_mister_meh.jpg

WOW_taurendancer_by_mister_meh.jpg

WOW_trolljockey_by_mister_meh.jpg

anthonygoes on

• JivesJives Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    should probably nsfw this

due to tittays

Jives on
  • JivesJives Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    it's all good stuff though

Jives on
  • JohnTWMJohnTWM Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Pretty sweet. I always wished there was a Warden class.

JohnTWM on
  • Forbe!Forbe! Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Battle polar bears.

Pure win.

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • ShiboeShiboe Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I absolutely love the color and dynamics of the first half or so, some really fun angles and color choices, thoroughly enjoyable. The comics I think are universally hard to follow, some great stuff happening here and there, but it's just too difficult to distinguish what is going on, which I guess is the pacing and choice of keyframes? Don't know the exact lingo I guess, but the overall point is, it seems to lack flow. The game character stuff is nicely inked, but is much overshadowed by your other stuff. ;D

I will say on your first on, there was a momentary pause as I made the realization that yes, someone has finally gone and made some fantastic Dinoriders fanart... And a little boy from 20 years ago inside of me exploded. (wow that sounds creepy saying "20 years ago" qq for age)

Shiboe on
  • TamTam Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Oh lordy lordy, my heart leaps. Welcome back!

I absolutely love your use of color, sense of movement, and use of black and white. Actually- and I know this is a bit forward- could you demonstrate something of your color technique? I could really use it at this point.

The four beastmen of the Apocalypse, the guy with the propeller on his back, the WoW comic, the girl eating noodles, the hydralisk autopsy, basically EVERYTHING except the Koprulu Sector ones (they seem really ceap compared to everything else), I love. Like, seriously love. Please stay here.

EDIT: I had missed the Aang and Blue Spirit ones during my first looksee: <3

Tam on
  • GrennGrenn Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Damn, I love these... not everything looks quite finished but just for sheer spontaneity, confidence of lines, and just plain characterfulness they are great. Would love to see more.

Grenn on
  • DeeLockDeeLock Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Wow these are great!

There is an amazing range of skill in just these few pieces.

I'm really liking the blue spirit (huge avatar fan), the sheep comic (cuz it's hilarious and cute), and the two girly paintings (noodles and smoking). Really really great stuff.

A lot of this is hard to critique because it's so stylistic but also because it's all very solid.

DeeLock on
  • PumazPumaz Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I just...yea I just had a eye orgasm.

Pumaz on
  • winter_combat_knightwinter_combat_knight Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    YourFourHoursemen_by_mister_meh.jpg

OMG, G! This is looking sweet!

winter_combat_knight on
  • MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Wow! These are great, and the first piece couldn't be cooler! Dino Riders!!! Though as it was downloading, it seemed that the Tyrannosaurs has a thermometer in his mouth.

MagicToaster on
  • NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    You've got some really nice pieces, here. I'm liking the style(s)! :D

NightDragon on
  • PROXPROX Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Wow, this is upper level stuff. You workin right now?

PROX on
  • rtsrts Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I really enjoy this work. I wish I had half of the creativity you have nurtured. At times, I think your work gets lost a little in the 'style' of the particular piece (as the style changes piece to piece) and it doesn't read as well. But those are definitely the minority.

Nice work.

rts on
  • desperaterobotsdesperaterobots perth, ausRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Supoib! That is to say, superb.

desperaterobots on
  • earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Bubble Dino takes the cake.

earthwormadam on
  • MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    and lo.....Mustang looked down upon anthonygoes art and he knew it to be good.

Seriously though, the value job on this is some of the best work I've seen. I't fan-fucking-tabulous.
    yakul.jpg

Mustang on
  • GreatnationGreatnation Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I remember kid revolver!

This stuff is awesome. If anything, I'd say do more like Studio 4°C and less like Blizzard.

:^::^:

Greatnation on
  • CyberMonkeytron3000CyberMonkeytron3000 Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    This shizzle is off the hook- seriously....... completely..........like people are trying to get through.....but like... they can't.. because the line is engaged or something... are you blocking my phone calls for some reason?

CyberMonkeytron3000 on
  • TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Wow, great stuff!

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • L*2*G*XL*2*G*X Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    wow

L*2*G*X on
  • lyriumlyrium Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    These are great. I'd have to say the the one with the camel and the one with the girl smoking in the window are my favorites. Just the coloring in that one is so nice.

lyrium on
  • WastingPenguinsWastingPenguins Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Dear Anthony,

When I grow up I want to be just like you. AWESOME, all of it.

My favorites are the camel riders and naked girl holding an airplane.

WastingPenguins on
  • LaliluleloLalilulelo Richmond, VARegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Yeeeessssssssssssss Sssiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
    1200593252505.gif
    seal4.png
    Thanks for these.

Lalilulelo on
  • anthonygoesanthonygoes Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    jives: thanks! sorry about the nipples

johnTWM: for WOW? is that like a melee wizard?

Forbe!: i love "His Dark Materials":)

Shiboe: I guess with my comics i tend to go to POV-shots before establishing shots - that's something i have to work on. sometimes that technique gives out a nice cinematic feel, common in manga (it also saves drawing-time), but I can see how going to POV too often can be a confusing read. thanks for the crit!

And yeah, I wish I could find more work involving painted illustrations, but b/w comics are my bread and butter for now.

Tam: thanks:) I'd like to get into my coloring techniques sometime, once i figure out how to explain them to myself! currently i'm working for a guy whose style is incorporating itself into my own. I'm pretty stoked to try out this new draw-fu Kazu is teaching me!

Grenn: Haha yeah I'd like to finish a piece more frequently than i do now. will post more as i make 'em!

DeeLock: Thank you:) I have tons of influences - haven't locked it down to a single particular 'style' yet - there are too many different mediums/techniques to play with. i guess my finished stuff strives to be like joshmiddleton/mikemignola/altextoth/onepiece

Pumaz: it was good for me too. let's get breakfast

winter_combat_knight: Thanks!

MagicToaster: haha thanks - the gun was kind of tricky, since it was hard to place without making it look like it was coming out of the 'Rex's mouth, but still having a clear silhouette.

NightDragon: Thanks!

PROX: i'm currently working on comics: a short "Battlestar Galactica" story for Tokyopop, and coloration for Kazu Kibuishi's book "Amulet"

cakemikz: thanks:) The b/w stuff i was definitely learning on the fly - previously my b/w didn't print well because i rely on warm/cool color contrast instead of value-contrast. lately i've been reading taiyo matsumoto, jack kirby, paul pope, noel sickles, etc. to up my b/w game.

desperaterobots: sweet:)

earthwormmadam: that one was fun!

mustang: haha thanks man:)

Greatnation: yeah that's definitely the direction my next personal comic is headed. it's a quick, colorful style. and i love MindGame! tekkonkinkreet not initially (the comic is so hard to beat!), but it grew on me.

Cybermonkeytron3000: hahahahaha you have been screened.

tonkka, l*2*g*x: thanks!

lyrium: thanks! the smoking one is one of my first forays into texturing

wasting penguins: well you just stick to your dreams, little buddy! you can do anything if you put your mind to it. and yes, naked girls are pretty chill.

Lalilulelo: heheh - thanks for your approval. i'm honored.

anthonygoes on
  • AlphariusAlpharius Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    phenomenal

Alpharius on
    Check out my 40k blog: WarHamSandwich
  • ManonvonSuperockManonvonSuperock Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    hell, i dig it.

ManonvonSuperock on
  • JohnTWMJohnTWM Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    yeah. The Night Elf chick you drew looks like one of the wardens from WC3.

JohnTWM on
  • Dark_SideDark_Side Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Wow, loving these, I would so totally buy a print of the camel/surfboards one to hang in my house, I love it.

Dark_Side on
  • toastergargletoptoastergargletop Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    awesome, reminds me of a lot of the early illustrations for Dungeons and Dragons Products. the coloured pics show a lot of individuality.

toastergargletop on