As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Phalla]ctica: Day Nine: A Measure of Salvation (Cylon Victory)

• MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I don't think there's enough of us for another day of action. Knowing my luck, Arasaki and Bliss 101 were the last two baddies and our luck has run out. Either that, or I was completely off base yet again in some other manner.

I really am the worst leader ever.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Ares of KobolAres of Kobol Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    To any of you dead people still reading; please don't discuss the game in here until at least the narration goes up.

Ares of Kobol on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    F5 F5 F5 F5 F5

Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
    edited October 2008
    *head* *hit* *desk*

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Bliss 101 wrote: »
    F5 F5 F5 F5 F5

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • ObbiObbi Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2008
    To any of you dead people still reading; please don't discuss the game in here until at least the narration goes up.

well, alright.

Obbi on
    edited October 2008
    I'm shivering with antici...

Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
    edited October 2008
    And I'm quivering with fear.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
    edited October 2008
    And I'm...just waiting for one second for this person to get back to me and then posting narration. :P

Ares of Kobol on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Booooooooo.

Thetheroo on
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    And I'm...just waiting for one second for this person to get back to me and then posting narration. :P

OOOOooooOOOO

o_O We are waiting on one person. . . ?

OOOOooooOOOO

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Bunny, I work in the morning, goddamn it!

<3

I am the architect of my own destruction.

Romantic Undead on
    3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
    edited October 2008
    Day Nine - A Measure of Salvation

---

Maximus banged on the doors of his cell, shouting. With all of the chaos outside, they couldn't just leave him in there! He pounded for hours and hours, looking for help from anyone, cylon or otherwise, but without a hint of luck,

They had forgotten about him; or worse, simply left him to die.

---

Arasaki panted for a moment, kneeling down and clutching at his chest. He might have volunteered to join up with the insurgency, but that didn't make him physically fit...Coughing, he stood to keep running for the Rising Star but didn't make it very far. Two shots tore through his kneecaps, and he screamed as he dropped to the ground. A foot pushed against the side of his torso, flipping him over.

A hazy figure smirked as he reloaded, quickly turning towards the Rising Star.

---

He had made it to the Zephyr. Just get to Phallactica and he was home-free. Even better, there hadn't been a single Cylon in sight. Almost there! He was about to breathe a sigh of relief when a Cylon dropped through a maintenance hatch on the other side of the bay. He waited for the robot to open fire, but instead it jammed it's hand into the bulkhead, then reached over and tapped a few buttons on a nearby access panel. The airlock beside it started to creak open. TheLawinator lost his footing as the atmosphere was sucked out of the bay. He grasped frantically at the walls, desperately searching for something to hold on to but his luck had run out.

---

Despite the fact that so much has gone wrong and a feeling that I have made a grievous error in the final escape plan... I feel a strange calmness. What is it that makes me feel this way? Maybe it's because I know that it will be over soon. It will be so for myself, at least...

MrBlarney had no idea how true his words were as he raced towards the Rising Star with the remaining survivors; it was a small ship in comparison to most of the fleet but would be enough to get the rest of the insurgency away. Rainfall had fallen behind at some point, but no one had really noticed in the panic. A few centurions were in the way but fell quickly to the hail of bullets.

Varcayn moved to get onboard as well, but MrBlarney regretfully pulled a gun on him, though he didn't fire. "We can't take a chance. I'm sorry." Varcayn stared in disbelief as the doors of his way off New Phallica began to close.

"You're...you're making a mistake..."

---

Sighing, MrBlarney waited until the doors shut completely, and then turned to leave...and received a fist to his face for his trouble, knocking him flat on his back. Bliss 101 kneeled down, placing his hands around MrBlarney's throat. "I've been looking forward to doing this for a long time now. Try not to die too quickly."

Desperately scrambling to find something to fight back with, he saw the body of giltanis, stabbed in the back and feebly bleeding all over the deck. MrBlarney grabbed the nearest object he could find and swung with all of his might. Bliss 101 staggered away, the two pausing almost as if in shock before immediately going for their guns...but MrBlarney was slightly faster. "Hold it!" he barked, as Bliss 101 froze, hand in his pocket and a strange grin on his face.

"Too late. Shoot me. I'm not afraid to die."

---

From the Phallactica, the nuclear explosion centered on the Rising Star was devastating, damaging a number of other ships severely. The Phallactica jumped away shortly afterwards, having rescued as many civillians as they could; but at an enormous cost.

---

Arasaki - killed by cylons
    Maximus - prison accident
    TheLawinator - killed in his escape attempt
    Rainfall - wasn't here anyway because Rainfall is terrible.
    Varcayn - executed

The civilian fleet has escaped succesfully, however, at this point, victory is impossible for the remaining insurgent forces.
    Cylon (Bliss 101) victory!

Ares of Kobol on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2008
    HELLL YEAH!

Thetheroo on
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Darn.

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • ecco the dolphinecco the dolphin Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Haha, well played Cylons!

Also, was Goose! the seer? If so, was MrBlarney practically running blind with the network since day 2?

ecco the dolphin on
    Penny Arcade Developers at PADev.net.
    edited October 2008
    We got fucked over so hard by random chance.

Like half of our deaths were due to chance.

Thetheroo on
    edited October 2008
    Tch. I hate myself. I should remember not to listen to people so easily and naively.

Resistance Proboards (mostly me)

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • ObbiObbi Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2008
    Buffoons!

Obbi on
  • Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Very good.

Toxic Toys on
    3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
    edited October 2008
    As I don't have my master list available, I'm afraid a breakdown of roles et al will have to wait until tomorrow when I can hook up the old computer once again. Just got a brand spanking new one and haven't had time to set it up.

I'm honestly completely baffled by the luck the insurgent forces had, as far as the random number god goes. By all rights the Cylons should have slaughtered you all as of yesterday.

Aside from the insurgency leader and the fact that the cylons had quite a few abilities available to them, mechanics were fairly standard...something I'd fix next time, along with finding a way to reduce the luck factor.

Because holy hell, RNG God.

Ares of Kobol on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2008
    Well done Bliss.

Honestly, I would have been a little pissed if the village won. We suffered some serious RNG bullshit.

Romantic Undead on
    edited October 2008
    ...pation!

Phew.

The way this day started, I was sure we had practically lost.

Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
    edited October 2008
    Frak. I had it right the first time on the final day. Blast it all.

Worst. Leader. Ever.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    WHO SHOT ME!

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I feel partly responsible for blindly suspecting paku.

Ah well. Congrats to the Cylons.

You realize this only makes it even.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
    edited October 2008
    I dedicate my last day shenanigans to TehSpectre, who taught me this stuff the hard way.

Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
    edited October 2008
    Cylon boards.

Plut will have to unlock them.

Thetheroo on
    edited October 2008
    Well done Bliss.

Honestly, I would have been a little pissed if the village won. We suffered some serious RNG bullshit.

I'll agree with you there. I would not have enjoyed a victory, even if I had gotten it right.
    Bliss 101 wrote: »
    ...pation!

Phew.

The way this day started, I was sure we had practically lost.

Man, well done. I keep getting played so easily by baddies talking to me. crimsoncoyote, Plutonium, and yourself... I really need a big lesson in seeing between the lines to find out who is being truthful and whom is not.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • PlutoniumPlutonium Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Plutonium on
    edited October 2008
    Other minor observations...

Blarney didn't start asking people to become suicide bombers until late in the game; had he started earlier, I wouldn't have been surprised to see more friendly fire and a quicker end.

Bliss 101, one of the three Cylons and winner of this game, created the last Phallastar. Funny how that works out.

As far as the baddie divide goes; it was seven New Phallica police and three Cylons. The Cylons had the authority to override any calls made by the NPP, but otherwise they were one mafia 'group' with two names.

Oh, and it amused the crap out of me when I saw Plutonium post about how he was posting on the cylon message boards about five feet away from MrBlarney. Kudos. :lol:

Ares of Kobol on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2008
    warban wrote: »
    WHO SHOT ME!

I accidentally set sportzboytjw to do so on day 2 - I had forgotten you had contacted me and when he gave a list of suspects, I guess that's why your name seemed so familiar...

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
    edited October 2008
    I want to give credit to bwanie. He totally pegged me and caught me off guard with an unsolicited PM that sealed my fate. I was sitting at my desk just shaking my head in dismay after the fact.

Romantic Undead on
  • FrostMistFrostMist NorwayRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    good job Bliss!

FrostMist on
    Untitled-1.jpg
    edited October 2008
    /salute, Admiral Toaster.

Thetheroo on
    edited October 2008
    Man... that's ANOTHER game where I've lost it for my team. (Bliss's French Revolution Phalla game is one, Infidel's Death Note is another.) I think my leadership streak is... 1 for 4 now? (Bliss's Phallastar Phallactica) Maybe 2 of 5 if you count Saburbia's Haunted House Phalla where I was secret network center.

Well played baddies, you creamed us goodies. I take on most of the blame on myself, gah.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
    edited October 2008
    We loved HamHamJ's analysis. While I think his basic reasoning was solid, his list just happened to peg only innocents. I wanted to endorse his line of reasoning even more, but didn't dare in case why ulterior motives become too obvious. :)

Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
  • TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Blarney I told you to kill him! Told you.

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
    edited October 2008
    Blarney I told you to kill him! Told you.

I know, I know... I'm just swayed far too easily. ;_;

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    MrBlarney wrote: »
    Man... that's ANOTHER game where I've lost it for my team. (Bliss's French Revolution Phalla game is one, Infidel's Death Note is another.)

Hey, that last one was more my fault than anyone's for not trusting you sooner.

Also:
    Plutonium wrote:
    I just got back from chilling with Blarney for a few hours playing rock band.

Anyways, their entire strategy at this point revolves around keeping their own members alive.

Real life connections: dangerous.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png