Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Phalla]ctica: Day Nine: A Measure of Salvation (Cylon Victory)

13637383941

Posts

  • InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Also wth was gumpy doing with his "I R Roboto" posts?

    He's Gumpy

    Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
    Play D&D 4e? :: Check out Orokos and upload your Character Builder sheet! :: Orokos Dice Roller
    The PhalLounge :: Chat board for Critical Failures IRC! :: #CriticalFailures and #mafia on irc.slashnet.org
  • SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    But

    but

    they let some get away again? Did I read that correctly?


    But it's okay I guess, we'll have total extermination the next Phallastar.

    Seriously on
  • thorgotthorgot Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Seriously wrote: »
    But

    but

    they let some get away again? Did I read that correctly?


    But it's okay I guess, we'll have total extermination the next Phallastar.

    i really wanted to be a cylon again

    thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    i hope i'm a cylon in the next game

    both times as human i've died way early in freak ways that i couldn't really control

    mrpaku on
  • MacGuffinMacGuffin Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I didn't really consider the possibility that the cylons could still win after MrBlarney did try to start a bandwagon on Bliss 101. And then the Cylons did still win, well done my fellow toaster.

    MacGuffin on
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Interesting game thanks Hylianbunny, and congratulations to Bliss! Pity about my early death, but that's Phalla I guess. I wouldn't have had as much time for it anyway with everything that's going on.

    Wildcat on
  • bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I want to give credit to bwanie. He totally pegged me and caught me off guard with an unsolicited PM that sealed my fate. I was sitting at my desk just shaking my head in dismay after the fact.

    yeah i was pretty pleased with myself :)

    bwanie on
    w98zzq.jpg
  • The DagonThe Dagon Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I have to admit, I suspected Blarney of being Cylon from day one. It's the main reason I stayed away from a lot of the mason decisions in dealing with Blarney. Oh well, I fail at my first mason job.

    Excellent narrations, it made me interested enough in this series to go out and find the first couple seasons.

    The Dagon on
    Steam ID : TheDagon
    PSN : TheDagon
    Pretty much every game ever : TheDagon
  • MacGuffinMacGuffin Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    The Dagon wrote: »
    Excellent narrations, it made me interested enough in this series to go out and find the first couple seasons.

    Because of this i've watched the miniseries and nine episodes of Battlestar Galactica and i'm not planning to stop till i've seen all of it. Good job Hylianbunny.

    MacGuffin on
  • giltanisgiltanis Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Ug...Bliss was my second guess for last night. Oh well second is still wrong. Did we have a seer and who where they?

    giltanis on
    sig.gif
  • El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I'd like to apologize to Blarney for my lousy advice :(

    Apparently, I suck at picking out toasters...

    El Skid on
    mrpaku wrote: »
    my name is precisionk and i'm ten tanks

    wrath God fear traitor evil
  • Jester313Jester313 Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Good game everyone.

    Jester313 on
  • Gorilla SaladGorilla Salad Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I died. I am so sad.

    Well played, toasters. But Jr shall avenge me.

    Gorilla Salad on
    Organichu wrote: »
    The main rub is that, fuck, I'm already paying some to upgrade the length... why not pay a little bit more to upgrade the length AND width?
  • Jester313Jester313 Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    El Skid earlier mentioned to me his suspicions of Jester313 and kime... from their recent posts, I'm inclined to agree.

    Mr.B...what posts made you suspicious?

    Jester313 on
  • Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I never realized Goose! was the (only) seer. I kept thinking the village had a seer left right to the end. After our losses in the first battle I felt really pessimistic, because I thought MrBlarney must have a large secure network growing and the list of potential suspects must be getting dangerously small.

    Anyway, thanks for running this HB. Awesome game. I enjoyed the narrations, and I felt the game was pretty balanced all in all, despite all the powers the cylons had, because the village had very good insta-networking abilities; if we hadn't happened to catch the vigs so early, this would probably have gone very differently.

    Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
  • MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    giltanis wrote: »
    Ug...Bliss was my second guess for last night. Oh well second is still wrong. Did we have a seer and who where they?

    Yep... yep. Goose! was the seer - Got me day 1, and Gorilla salad day 2. Then he was scheduled to seer crimsoncoyote on day 3 (a baddie, yay!) but was jailed the same day, and then unceremoniously killed.

    Zellpher was the odd vigilante, TehSpectre the even vigilante, and FreeAgent the guardian. That's all the active village specials, except for me...

    I had an array of powers, seen here. My power usage is also listed.
    Jester313 wrote: »
    El Skid earlier mentioned to me his suspicions of Jester313 and kime... from their recent posts, I'm inclined to agree.

    Mr.B...what posts made you suspicious?

    If I remember correctly, it was the way you worded your support PM to me (I don't have a copy anymore) and how you were posting after each results - the incredulous "we're doing horrible!" posts made me feel like you were perhaps trying to hard to be a villager. In addition, El Skid had put you on his list of suspicious people, and I was inclined to agree with him...
    Bliss 101 wrote: »
    I never realized Goose! was the (only) seer. I kept thinking the village had a seer left right to the end. After our losses in the first battle I felt really pessimistic, because I thought MrBlarney must have a large secure network growing and the list of potential suspects must be getting dangerously small.

    Anyway, thanks for running this HB. Awesome game. I enjoyed the narrations, and I felt the game was pretty balanced all in all, despite all the powers the cylons had, because the village had very good insta-networking abilities; if we hadn't happened to catch the vigs so early, this would probably have gone very differently.

    Yeah, great game Hylianbunny. Despite all my stress accumulated during the game, I still had quite a bit of fun.

    The village had good insta-networking abilities? Please, tell me about this - I think I missed something. I think the balance was mostly that the baddie pool was small. You guys were so superpowered, it was unnerving, but on the other hand we had the Insurgent Raid events as an opportunity. Of course, the battles could have gone completely the other way and we'd have been slaughtered after only day four...

    MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • NATIKNATIK Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    thorgot wrote: »
    ALSO
    thorgot wrote: »
    While Gumpy is evil, !natik is also evil. Let's just say I used some Lady Eri science to figure this one out.

    8-)

    Gumpy wasn't evil :P, so as I told you in response to that post, it was only half right.

    NATIK on
    steam_sig.png
  • TehSpectreTehSpectre @PixelateJake on TwitterRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I can't believe you bastards made me reveal as a vig on day 1.

    Jeez.

    TehSpectre on
    Sloth_Sig.png
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Was my death worth it Spectre? Was it?!
    <3

    Wildcat on
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    I can't believe you bastards made me reveal as a vig on day 1.

    Jeez.

    i can't believe i said something nice about you and that's what got the ball rolling to my eventual demise

    mrpaku on
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    MrBlarney wrote: »
    Jester313 wrote: »
    El Skid earlier mentioned to me his suspicions of Jester313 and kime... from their recent posts, I'm inclined to agree.

    Mr.B...what posts made you suspicious?

    If I remember correctly, it was the way you worded your support PM to me (I don't have a copy anymore) and how you were posting after each results - the incredulous "we're doing horrible!" posts made me feel like you were perhaps trying to hard to be a villager. In addition, El Skid had put you on his list of suspicious people, and I was inclined to agree with him...

    But what about meeee?

    kime on
    PA HotS Group
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • weatheredclownweatheredclown Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    This game was very true to the source material.. Well done... Still sad that I didn't have a chance to play on the day that I was voted out or I may have been able to change my vote and save myself... I still wish that there was more as a regular villager that I could have done to feel like I was contributing..

    weatheredclown on
    "Remember, there are no stupid questions. Just stupid people with inquisitive minds."
  • NATIKNATIK Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    As a Cylon it was incredibly fun to play with the bandwagons, there were so many with equally good/bad reasons behind them that we had millions of places to hide.

    NATIK on
    steam_sig.png
  • MacGuffinMacGuffin Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    NATIK wrote: »
    As a Cylon it was incredibly fun to play with the bandwagons, there were so many with equally good/bad reasons behind them that we had millions of places to hide.

    True, especially the MrPaku/Sportz bandwagons made the first days almost too easy.

    MacGuffin on
  • B:LB:L Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Thanks for hosting a good phalla.


    Blarney, don't take it too hard on yourself. Leadership is never an easy thing.

    But I hoped you learned the lesson...ALWAYS trust in B:L, because he's never evil. ;-)
    Even as the second in command, I never got any network info to work with. :|

    B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • giltanisgiltanis Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    B:L wrote: »
    Thanks for hosting a good phalla.


    Blarney, don't take it too hard on yourself. Leadership is never an easy thing.

    But I hoped you learned the lesson...ALWAYS trust in B:L, because he's never evil. ;-)
    Even as the second in command, I never got any network info to work with. :|

    Its probably didn't help that you won because DA died...

    giltanis on
    sig.gif
  • MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    kime wrote: »
    But what about meeee?

    I can't remember, actually. Definitely not as strong as Jester313, which is why you were bombed and not voted out. (Or something like that.) I blame El Skid. (You should too! :lol:)
    B:L wrote: »
    Blarney, don't take it too hard on yourself. Leadership is never an easy thing.

    But I hoped you learned the lesson...ALWAYS trust in B:L, because he's never evil. ;-)
    Even as the second in command, I never got any network info to work with. :|

    Haha, well, by the time you came in there was no more network to work with. I trusted you, but I really didn't have anything that I thought important to share that couldn't be conveyed via PM. Sure, I could have sent you the proboards link, but... I dunno. Laziness? A little sliver of doubt? Ehh....

    MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Oh for gods sake the village is being really dumb god dammit I'll throw myself under the bandwagon to save paku

    wait its the next day

    and they are voting paku

    D :

    Gumpy on
  • B:LB:L Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    MrBlarney wrote: »
    Haha, well, by the time you came in there was no more network to work with. I trusted you, but I really didn't have anything that I thought important to share that couldn't be conveyed via PM. Sure, I could have sent you the proboards link, but... I dunno. Laziness? A little sliver of doubt? Ehh....

    A proboard link would've helped. I didn't want to toss suspicion on network members. :P

    And those suspect lists? VERY important. That was one of the better ideas I've seen; raising village activity and bringing up more patterns to analyze.

    B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • giltanisgiltanis Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    B:L wrote: »
    MrBlarney wrote: »
    Haha, well, by the time you came in there was no more network to work with. I trusted you, but I really didn't have anything that I thought important to share that couldn't be conveyed via PM. Sure, I could have sent you the proboards link, but... I dunno. Laziness? A little sliver of doubt? Ehh....

    A proboard link would've helped. I didn't want to toss suspicion on network members. :P

    And those suspect lists? VERY important. That was one of the better ideas I've seen; raising village activity and bringing up more patterns to analyze.

    The only problem with them was I had no idea who to pick <laughs>

    giltanis on
    sig.gif
  • Jester313Jester313 Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    B:L wrote: »
    MrBlarney wrote: »
    Haha, well, by the time you came in there was no more network to work with. I trusted you, but I really didn't have anything that I thought important to share that couldn't be conveyed via PM. Sure, I could have sent you the proboards link, but... I dunno. Laziness? A little sliver of doubt? Ehh....

    A proboard link would've helped. I didn't want to toss suspicion on network members. :P

    And those suspect lists? VERY important. That was one of the better ideas I've seen; raising village activity and bringing up more patterns to analyze.

    Oh yeah...those worked really well to weed out the bad guys.

    Jester313 on
  • crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Jester313 wrote: »
    B:L wrote: »
    MrBlarney wrote: »
    Haha, well, by the time you came in there was no more network to work with. I trusted you, but I really didn't have anything that I thought important to share that couldn't be conveyed via PM. Sure, I could have sent you the proboards link, but... I dunno. Laziness? A little sliver of doubt? Ehh....

    A proboard link would've helped. I didn't want to toss suspicion on network members. :P

    And those suspect lists? VERY important. That was one of the better ideas I've seen; raising village activity and bringing up more patterns to analyze.

    Oh yeah...those worked really well to weed out the bad guys.

    I tried to help! Wait....

    crimsoncoyote on
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Was I randomed? How did you bastards decide upon me?

    Goose! on
    Nintendo Switch FC: SW-5618-5257-5789 | Amazon Smile List
  • ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Playing this game made me realize I really need to watch this show.

    Thetheroo on
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Gumpy wrote: »
    Oh for gods sake the village is being really dumb god dammit I'll throw myself under the bandwagon to save paku

    wait its the next day

    and they are voting paku

    D :

    you got voted for acting like a robot and i got voted for acting too helpful

    the village vote was retarded in this game

    mrpaku on
  • NATIKNATIK Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    The village vote was excellent :lol:.

    NATIK on
    steam_sig.png
  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    mrpaku wrote: »
    Gumpy wrote: »
    Oh for gods sake the village is being really dumb god dammit I'll throw myself under the bandwagon to save paku

    wait its the next day

    and they are voting paku

    D :

    you got voted for acting like a robot and i got voted for acting too helpful

    the village vote was retarded in this game

    The active suspicions, ITT, regular villagers were throwing out didn't help to encourage people to think on their own.

    Scared people into joining bws on the off chance someone was a cylon.

    edit: As MacGuffin and NATIK pointed out.

    Egos on
  • PlutoniumPlutonium Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    NATIK wrote: »
    The village vote was excellent :lol:.

    Very

    Plutonium on
  • GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Mrpaku let us run away together free from these so called villagers

    Gumpy on
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Take meeee with youuuu!

    Wildcat on
Sign In or Register to comment.