As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Marvel Solicitations for January 2009

wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
edited October 2008 in Graphic Violence
Previews are up on CBR and Newsarama. I'll update this post once the full solicitations are available.

Marvel Universe preview solicitations: http://www.newsarama.com/comics/081020-marvel-january-2009-solicitations.html

X preview solicitations: http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=18497

When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
wwtMask on

• BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Man what

is there no Uncanny in January?

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    That X-Factor cover is great. :D

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    The solicitation for Spider-Man/X-Men is just about the best thing ever.

Munch on
    edited October 2008
    Munch wrote: »
    The solicitation for Spider-Man/X-Men is just about the best thing ever.

I am really excited for that mini

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Balefuego wrote: »
    Man what

But look, there is a New Warriors!

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
    edited October 2008
    WACK003_COV.jpg

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
    edited October 2008
    The Immortal Weapons are back in Iron Fist. I'm calling the month for Marvel just because of this.

wwtMask on
    edited October 2008
    wwtMask wrote: »
    The Immortal Weapons are back in Iron Fist. I'm calling the month for Marvel just because of this.

it's been Marvel's month since like June man.

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
  • wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    If Marvel even going to bother posting Avengers solicits this month? Not much of a point to it unless they want to assure distributors that the books are coming out that month.

wirehead26 on
    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
    edited October 2008
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    If Marvel even going to bother posting Avengers solicits this month? Not much of a point to it unless they want to assure distributors that the books are coming out that month.

they will because that is exactly what the solicits are, if the issues arent solicited they cant be ordered by stores

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VirralVirral Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Nogs wrote: »
    Man what

But look, there is a New Warriors!

It says "FINAL ISSUE" on the solict though

Virral on
    2vlp7o9.jpg
    edited October 2008
    who the hell reads New Warriors though

tip: no one

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2008
    I suspect that's why it's being cancelled in January then!

Virral on
    2vlp7o9.jpg
  • Desktop HippieDesktop Hippie Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    XFACT039_cov.jpg

Awwwwwwwwww!

Desktop Hippie on
    edited October 2008
    Man, I'd be all over it if they made superhero baby suits. I can't wait till my little boy is old enough to dress up!

Virral on
    2vlp7o9.jpg
    edited October 2008
    XFACT039_cov.jpg

Awwwwwwwwww!

I was going to say it's the cutest thing ever, but my nearly three month old daughter wins that category. :P

wwtMask on
  • FaynorFaynor Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I wonder what his powers will be.

Oh god, what if he has both of his parents? Can you imagine, one baby becoming many, and those many babies sonic screaming at the top of their lungs?

Edit: That is to say, if his powers manifest at birth or soon after if he even has them. Which would be highly unlikely, but I don't know!

Faynor on
    do you wanna see me eat a hotdog
  • LilithiumLilithium __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2008
    Nogs wrote: »

it's been Marvel's month since like June man.

Honestly, DC Comics is so far out there right now.Look at Batman for example, the whole "oh mai gawd, my son is the son of Satan" bullshit was out there, and then Black Hand's "I'm YO DADDY" shit, and now it's the anti-life bullshit. I demand Bat Woman fuck the shit out of the Question or I'm going to stop reading.

Marvel is going the right way with their comics lately. Good story, but not completely out there.

Lilithium on
    What's that ringing? Ting-ting-a-linging in my head~? Oh, you're always there, making me whole. You're always waiting up for me. You're my first kiss, ever so pure, and ever so defiling, once lost, can never be the same. Fuck me. Violate me. Deny me.
    edited October 2008
    Faynor wrote: »

Oh god, what if he has both of his parents? Can you imagine, one baby becoming many, and those many babies sonic screaming at the top of their lungs?

Edit: That is to say, if his powers manifest at birth or soon after if he even has them. Which would be highly unlikely, but I don't know!

we dont even know if it's a mutant!

and I have no idea what the hell Lithium just said

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FaynorFaynor Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

we dont even know if it's a mutant!

and I have no idea what the hell Lithium just said

I just want it to be so bad.

Faynor on
    do you wanna see me eat a hotdog
  • mattharvestmattharvest Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

Madrox had his powers at birth. This is because (according to some continuity) he's not actually a mutant.

mattharvest on
  • Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Man, Incognito is going to be so good.

Sars_Boy on
  • Desktop HippieDesktop Hippie Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I didn't know kick-ass was being made into a movie.

Desktop Hippie on
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008

Madrox had his powers at birth. This is because (according to some continuity) he's not actually a mutant.
    Oh gods, that was so stupid. It's the same shit as the eternal wolfman in Wolverine's, and the son of a demon in Nightcrawler's backstories

Fencingsax on
    edited October 2008
    I didn't know kick-ass was being made into a movie.
    there's a simple process to finding out if something mark millar created is being made into a movie

Q: Does Mark Millar own this IP?

A: Yes, it is being made into a movie

Sars_Boy on
  • The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    why is there a Ruins one shot?

why

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
    edited October 2008
    I thought it was a reprint

Virral on
    2vlp7o9.jpg
  • The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    so it is.

but still, I don't get the reason for it.

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
    edited October 2008
    Warren Ellis is becoming more and more popular over at Marvel and Marvel likes money
    I feel compelled to point out that RUINS was a comedy.

Some people got very upset about this book on its original release in the mid-Nineties. I’ll never forget the mail from a particularly angry man telling me that the book was so sickening and wrong that he threw it in his kitchen bin — and then felt that it had in fact tainted his entire house, and had to fish it out and return it to the store in order to feel clean again.

Sars_Boy on
    edited October 2008
    For it to qualify as a comedy shouldnt it be funny

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Man, I remember Ellis dissing Ruins on scans_daily a few years ago. Is he pretending it's something other than crap now?

Robos A Go Go on
  • wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Man, I remember Ellis dissing Ruins on scans_daily a few years ago. Is he pretending it's something other than crap now?

Just checked the scans_daily archive and Ellis did mention he thought the book was funny for some reason. As a side note, why don't WE get any great comic writers posting here?

wirehead26 on
    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
    edited October 2008
    wirehead26 wrote: »

Just checked the scans_daily archive and Ellis did mention he thought the book was funny for some reason. As a side note, why don't WE get any great comic writers posting here?

We're small and most of us are too hideous to be camwhores.

Robos A Go Go on
    edited October 2008
    Mark Andrew Smith posted here a bit

and he writes the Amazing Joy Buzzards and it's awesome so yeah

Sars_Boy on
  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Corey Lewis also posted in the AC briefly.

Munch on
    edited October 2008
    shit, really?

I love Corey Lewis

Sars_Boy on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited October 2008
    They're changing Punisher MAX to "Punisher: Frank Castle"?

Garlic Bread on
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    man i was just about post that ellis ruins thing
    i wont buy it or anyhting, but that bit about the guy feeling it tainted his whole house was really something.

i'm glad to see more of the weapons

incognito looks good too

DouglasDanger on
    edited October 2008
    wwtMask on
    edited October 2008

The Wizard of Oz drawn by Skottie Young? Sold!

Robos A Go Go on