As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

DC January Solicits

2»

• Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited October 2008
    The stunning conclusion to “Search for a Hero” and a “Faces of Evil” issue! In order to stop Anarky, do you impose order with an iron fist or embrace chaos? Or can Robin find a different way? After “Batman R.I.P.,” Gotham City demands a better class of hero, and the new Robin is going to give them exactly what they deserve...

??

Garlic Bread on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited October 2008
    there are a lot of "Faces of Evil" covers

Garlic Bread on
    edited October 2008
    2rnfn9t.jpg

fuuuck why does this have to be in Terror Titans

Garlic Bread on
  • Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Keith wrote: »
    there are a lot of "Faces of Evil" covers
    it's like alex ross was put in charge of cover design for the whole company

Sars_Boy on
  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Sars_Boy wrote: »
    it's like alex ross was put in charge of cover design for the whole company

Haha, my thoughts exactly. None of the Faces of Evil books are really going to motivate me to pick up any book I'm not already, but some (Black Adam, Grundy) look kind of interesting. The whole thing really feels like an attempt to sync up with Marvel's Dark Reign books, though I know it's probably just a coincidence, given the lead time required to put this together. On the topic of FoE books, it kind of sucks that they couldn't stick Booster with a more iconic villain. The dude's seriously lacking when it comes to a credible Rogue's Gallery.
    Keith wrote:
    fuuuck why does this have to be in Terror Titans

Sean McKeever's like, the king of writing books featuring characters you want to read about, in books that you wouldn't wipe your ass with.

"Oh hey, Kid Eternity and Static are going to be appearing ... in Teen Titans.. and nngh.. Terror Titans.."

Munch on
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    The stunning conclusion to “Search for a Hero” and a “Faces of Evil” issue! In order to stop Anarky, do you impose order with an iron fist or embrace chaos? Or can Robin find a different way? After “Batman R.I.P.,” Gotham City demands a better class of hero, and the new Robin is going to give them exactly what they deserve...

??

Damien obviously

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2008
    Oh, and Jericho's a villain?

Again?

At this point, I think the number of Titans that have turned evil/treacherous actually outnumber those who haven't.

Munch on
  • ZeromusZeromus Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    God, I should really just stop looking at solicits, now Heart of Hush is ruined in large part. :(

Zeromus on
    pygsig.png
  • RansRans Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Balefuego wrote: »

??

Damien obviously

not sure if it actually means a new Robin, like a new person behind the mask. "Can Robin find a different way?" could mean can Robin find new methods of handling the problem and when he does, thus becoming a "new" Robin

or you know, whatever

Rans on
    edited October 2008
    Zeromus wrote: »
    God, I should really just stop looking at solicits, now Heart of Hush is ruined in large part. :(
    I guess?

wait, how so?

Sars_Boy on
    edited October 2008

It was spoiled way back with the "Battle for the Cowl" teaser picture

Garlic Bread on
    edited October 2008
    I guess?

wait, how so?
    Catwoman surviving and Hush still being Hush, I guess?

Garlic Bread on
    edited October 2008
    I guess?

wait, how so?
    Catwoman surviving and Hush still being Hush, I guess?
    oh

wow

no one saw that coming

Sars_Boy on
    edited October 2008
    I know!

Garlic Bread on
  • ZeromusZeromus Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Alright, dicks

Just saying

Fuck

Zeromus on
    pygsig.png
  • jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=18513

Yeah, I'd probably have a hard time finishing my monthly work if I was busy rolling around in Hollywood money.

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
    edited October 2008
    It's pretty sad that they ended up needing 3 different artists

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2008
    You'd think DC would have learned a lesson from the debacle that was Infinite Crisis, but nope. It's not like nobody could see this coming either. Remember when Morrison proudly announced that Jones was halfway through issue two, like two years after Final Crisis was announced, prompting a bunch of fans to mutter a collective, "Aw, shit."

It's not like Jones is so good that they just had to have him either. There are dozens of artists that could have illustrated Final Crisis, and done so on time. I mean, they had fuckin' Pete Woods doing Infinity Inc. That dude could have killed on Final Crisis, and he's known to be an exceptionally speedy artist.

Munch on
    edited October 2008
    Makes what Yu is doing on SI even more impressive, considering how long he kept a monthly schedule on NA before doing essentially 10 issues of SI to ship on time for 8 months (issues #1 and #8 are double sized) and his artwork has been consistently good too, it's not like he's been rushed or sloppy at all.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Makes what Yu is doing on SI even more impressive, considering how long he kept a monthly schedule on NA before doing essentially 10 issues of SI to ship on time for 8 months (issues #1 and #8 are double sized) and his artwork has been consistently good too, it's not like he's been rushed or sloppy at all.

Also Marvel gave him Mark Morales to color his work so it wouldn't end up a scratchy looking as those last few New Avengers issues he did.

Back to Final Crisis a sec, does anyone think that Mark Bagley could have done a good job on it? We know he would have kept the deadlines but would it have been the right look?

wirehead26 on
    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
    edited October 2008
    Bagley are is always the right look, because Bagley rocks. I don't think he was an option though, because he was still Marvel exclusive when FC was being produced.

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    jones is good, but he is not that good. morrison almost always gets the best out of his creative partners. compare mcguinness's jla classified issues with his superman/batman issues, for example. not even in the same league, much less the same ball park. I'm not saying Morrison should partner with liefield or the ghost of turner or anything, but he seems to really know how to utilize artists and bring out their best.

Mahnke is amazing. He should have done all of Final Crisis.

Artists like Jones, Aja, Quitely and Hitch, who are amazing but less than timely, should try working in OGNs or something. The market is really slanted toward monthlies, so some big name talent doing OGNs could be a shifting thing.

DouglasDanger on
    edited October 2008
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    Back to Final Crisis a sec, does anyone think that Mark Bagley could have done a good job on it? We know he would have kept the deadlines but would it have been the right look?

Nah. I really liked Bagley on Ultimate Spider-Man, but his Trinity stuff leaves much to be desired. He's a quick artist, and he's not bad by any means, but he's not versatile at all. His characters all look pretty much the same.

Doug Mahnke is hit-or-miss with me. Some of his stuff is awesome, but then some stuff just looks rushed (there were some really wonky looking parts of his Black Adam mini, and I can't stand how he drew J'onn in his new costume). So I know he can be good, and hopefully he'll pull out his A game for the last issue of Final Crisis.

Garlic Bread on
    edited October 2008
    I think Lee Bermejo would have been awesome for Final Crisis. He makes heroes look realistic and still fantastical at the same time. But I imagine he was busy with the Joker graphic novel at the time.

Garlic Bread on
    edited October 2008
    I havent read much of Trinity but Bagely's real strength as an artist aside from his speed is his storytelling, despite the fact that character faces are all pretty simmilar, the facial expressions he can draw are extremely varied, and he is also excellent at action and panel flow, you never look at any of his pages and wonder "wait what just happaned there?" like can sometimes happen with someone like say Chris Baccholo.

I remember people were a little less than wowed by some Trinity preview art that was nothing more than pinups of the big three, pinups are not what Bagely does.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2008
    Like I said, I enjoy his art. But he isn't "big event" material.

Garlic Bread on
    edited October 2008
    Like I said, I enjoy his art. But he isn't "big event" material.

Clearly, Jones isn't either. :P

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Slo-BoSlo-Bo Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    WHAT A NANNY

THE TOP TEEN COULD'VE DRAWN THIS BOOK IN A FRAGGIN' DAY

Slo-Bo on
    slobosig-1.png
    edited October 2008
    someone forgot to log out

jake

Garlic Bread on
    edited October 2008
    someone forgot to log out

jake
    what are you talking about I'm right here keith

but yeah this is just

ugh